PDA

View Full Version : The X Factor

Lory
17th-October-2004, 11:26 PM
Is anyone else hooked on this?

Well, we're down the the final 9!

The final three in the 16-24 year-old category were chosen by Sharon at the Osbourne Manor. They are
Cassie,
Roberta and
Tabby.
Andy Steed and Megan did not make the finals.

The final three groups were chosen by Louis in Dublin. They are
G4,
Voices With Soul and
2 To Go.
Advance and 4Tune failed to make the finals.

The final three over 25s were chosen by Simon at his London home. They are
Rowetta,
Steve and
Verity.
Lloyd and Odis failed to amake the finals.

I was quite shocked by Simon Cowells choice, it's a shame, I really liked the Big Black man, Lloyd, much more than Verity (the blonde lady)! She's like a bundle of nerves and doesn't make for relaxed viewing! Rowetta is a nutta and Steve is Pwoar! :drool:

I think that Louis had the hardest choice to make, they were all so good! :worthy:

I really like the young girl in Sharon Ozborne's group, Cassie. :nice:

I'm looking forward to hearing them all sing a whole song next week! :clap:

Tiggerbabe
18th-October-2004, 12:02 AM
Sorry Lory - I have no idea what on earth you're talking about :blush:

Lory
18th-October-2004, 12:19 AM
Sorry Lory - I have no idea what on earth you're talking about :blush:
Probably the best way to stay Sheena! :hug:

I think there's about 8 weeks of tension building addiction left to go! :sick:

I'm lucky though, I do have sky and it's repeated loads of times on ITV2, so I don't have to ruin my Saturday nights! :clap:

Tiggerbabe
18th-October-2004, 12:28 AM
it's repeated loads of times on ITV2
Mmmmnn! ITV2 - you say *reaches for the remote control* :wink:

Jive Brummie
18th-October-2004, 04:51 PM

Well, we're down the the final 9!

The final three in the 16-24 year-old category were chosen by Sharon at the Osbourne Manor. They are
Cassie,
Roberta and
Tabby.
Andy Steed and Megan did not make the finals.

The final three groups were chosen by Louis in Dublin. They are
G4,
Voices With Soul and
2 To Go.
Advance and 4Tune failed to make the finals.

The final three over 25s were chosen by Simon at his London home. They are
Rowetta,
Steve and
Verity.
Lloyd and Odis failed to amake the finals.

I was quite shocked by Simon Cowells choice, it's a shame, I really liked the Big Black man, Lloyd, much more than Verity (the blonde lady)! She's like a bundle of nerves and doesn't make for relaxed viewing! Rowetta is a nutta and Steve is Pwoar! :drool:

I think that Louis had the hardest choice to make, they were all so good! :worthy:

I really like the young girl in Sharon Ozborne's group, Cassie. :nice:

I'm looking forward to hearing them all sing a whole song next week! :clap:

We watch this too. Was surprised by Louis' choices. I thought he'd have picked both the boy bands rather than the brother sister combo and the posh blokes.

Do you not think Rowetta looks like a complete nightmare... :sick: And didn't she used to be an item with Shaun Ryder of Happy Mondays fame? Could speak volumes.

I quite liked the timid woman that Simon picked I thought she was very sincere and humble...hope she does well.

It's a good programme eh.......

JB xx

p.s. did think that Sharon Osbournes choices were spot on.

Lory
18th-October-2004, 05:59 PM
We watch this too. Was surprised by Louis' choices. I thought he'd have picked both the boy bands rather than the brother sister combo and the posh blokes. I think the blind guy and the girl are just friends, the posh blokes are kind of weird but good/different, not sure if they will have 'mass appeal' though? I think Louis picked a good song for them, Creep by radiohead! :wink:

Do you not think Rowetta looks like a complete nightmare... :sick: And didn't she used to be an item with Shaun Ryder of Happy Mondays fame? Could speak volumes.Yes, she's very on the edge...SCARY! :what: I don't know about the other bit though?? :blush:

It's a good programme eh.......Yeah! :clap:

Alfie
18th-October-2004, 07:59 PM
I think the blind guy and the girl are just friends,:

they are brother and sister and have echoes of peters and lee, therefore lots of peoples mums and nans will like them.

Groovy Dancer
18th-October-2004, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=Lory]I think the blind guy and the girl are just friends,

The blind guy and girl are brother and sister if I am not mistaken. They were previously on a show called 'Star for a Night' (I think :( )

Barbara Windsor was one of the celebrity panel who actually picked the winners, and they won the overall compettition singing that song by Eternal with CeCe Winans.
IMHO they should do well. :yeah:

KGD

Forte
19th-October-2004, 12:08 PM
I am SO hooked on this. I think everyone has talent (to a degree) but I am also enjoying playing the cynical game and trying to second guess why Simon, Sharon and Louis have each chosen their acts. I think they are trying to get into the minds of the voting public. e.g. the woman with the Eva Cassidy voice who was opressed by her husband for years is SO going to get the downtrodden wife vote etc etc. There are some real triumph of the human spirit stories and some real characters involved. It is so addictive!

Pammy
19th-October-2004, 01:52 PM
I love Sharon Osbourne. Think she's great.

My vote goes to Tabby :clap: who reminds me of a young black crows singer.

Can't stand the weird nutty scarey woman who should've been kicked off ages ago :blush: Sorry, but I don't like her; think she plays dirty tactics by whinging. How she can have x-appeal I don't know? :confused:

The barbour quartet are not my cup of tea either, find that sort of thing irritating.

The three girls - sisters and a niece I think are great.

I really liked the big fat guy who got knocked out last round. Think he shouldn't been in the place of the down-trodden housewife, who, I think only got this far as Simon fancies her...

Anyway, come on Tabby ...

Andy McGregor
19th-October-2004, 03:55 PM
the down-trodden housewife, who, I think only got this far as Simon fancies her...

Who doesn't :whistle:

Lory
23rd-October-2004, 10:15 PM
Well well well, I managed to see the highlights of this show and the Xtra factor on BBC2 and WOW it's sooo exciting! :D

Roberta is out!

I was amazed that 'Sisters of Soul' were in the bottom 2 :eek: and that Verity got through :what: Sorry, but IMO she just wasn't in the others league!

My vote went to Cassy :worthy: :waycool: (but what the hell was she made to wear :sick: )

From what I saw of it, I thought it was a great show and looking forward to seeing it in full tomorrow! :clap:

I didn't like the voting system at the end where the judges had to decide between the last 2 acts, Simon was put in a very difficult position, he was going to be the bad guy which ever way he voted!

The blind guy and girl are brother and sister if I am not mistaken. They were previously on a show called 'Star for a Night' (I think :( )

Sorry Dale but they're definitly best friends, not brother and sister! ;) see here! (http://theinternetforum.co.uk/xfactor/2togo1.htm)

stompin' phil
23rd-October-2004, 10:38 PM
Its the first time me and Alison have stayed in for months on a Sat as we normally watch it's on a Sunday through to midnight! To night we started watching the programme from 6 o'clock onwards on both channels.

Great commercial tv but I must admit Verity should have gone IMHO
Love Roewtta,G4 & Steve

Well its back to Sunday nights from next week I can't cope with the live pressure and it's also The Big Love Show in Horsham tickets still available

Phil

Pete
23rd-October-2004, 10:44 PM
'Sisters of Soul' were absolute hairs-on-back-of-the-neck dynamite! God knows why there were in the bottom two - thought they were streets ahead of all the others. Only came across the show when I was channel hopping tonight but I can see myself getting hooked

Lynn
24th-October-2004, 08:59 AM
I only saw the second show as I watched SCD (and yes I have a video but I've stopped recording things as I never have time to watch them).

I didn't like the voting system at the end where the judges had to decide between the last 2 acts, Simon was put in a very difficult position, he was going to be the bad guy which ever way he voted! :yeah:
I thought the judges decision thing at the end was a bit daft - the judges are going to vote for their own acts so its going to be left to the 3rd judge to decide, if they keep the same pattern other weeks. Don't think Simon minds being the bad guy but I could see Sharon getting upset if she has to make a decision like that.

My vote went to Cassy :worthy: :waycool: (but what the hell was she made to wear :sick: ) I didn't see all of the performance, and maybe it was partly her outfit, but I could see her doing well in musicals on stage. (Presume the aim of the show is to find a new recording artist rather than a new 'star').

Nick M
24th-October-2004, 09:26 AM
I didn't see all of the performance, and maybe it was partly her outfit, but I could see her doing well in musicals on stage. (Presume the aim of the show is to find a new recording artist rather than a new 'star').

I thought the aim was to find a new star, and I have to agree with Simon that they didn't do Cassie any favours dressing her up as Oliver, and giving her a song written decades before she was born. It would be interesting to see what she could do with something contemporary and up-tempo

Minnie M
24th-October-2004, 09:27 AM
Cassey to win :clap:

Steve is sooooo cute :drool: don't think he has shown his true potential yet -go Steve

Rowetta IS very mad and scary but she CAN sing :worthy:

Get ride of the boring nice housewife - why WHY is she still there :mad:

Great TV - love Sharon O - she is so natural and say what she thinks - SHARON O TO WIN :yeah:

Lynn
24th-October-2004, 07:20 PM
It would be interesting to see what she could do with something contemporary and up-tempo :yeah: Hopefully next week.

Lory
31st-October-2004, 03:29 PM
Having watched last nights 'X' this morning, I agree with the vote, Verity had to go!

My top favourites are, Cassy (she was amazing), Voices with Soul (although I did, hear a couple of slightly bum notes, they're really enjoyable to watch) and Steve! :D

G4 just don't do 'it' for me, that song sounded stupid coming from them! :sick:

Don't you agree the girl from '2 to go's' hair looked so much better off her face? :nice:

Pauline
31st-October-2004, 04:18 PM
Last nights show was really good but have to disagree with you Lory. I thought Two to Go should have been the ones to go as I don't think they have anything special and weren't much better from last week whereas Verity was 10 times better than last week. The Voices With Souls girls have amazing voices and got the hairs standing on end again this week along with Rowetta but have to agree she is totally mad.

I was glad to see Casey in a better outfit this week last week was atrocious for a girl of 17 to be wearing, better song for her as well. :nice:

Scotch Bonnet
31st-October-2004, 04:33 PM
Pauline,they should have probably just god rid of 2 to Go and Verity at the same time instead of prolonging the agony for them until next week,they really were both shocking !!

Love the x factor though,have to tape strictly come dancing from the bbc and watch today ,I'm torn between them......

Lynn
31st-October-2004, 07:09 PM
I think Verity and 2 to Go were both the weakest based on last nights performance (though I just saw the highlights in the later show). Cassie is great, especially considering her age.