PDA

View Full Version : Club dancing

Gadget
15th-October-2004, 12:03 AM
I happend to be flicking through the channels and found a program on Kids TV (Trouble) called "Red Hot Dance" - a dance tallent contest where they were taking five people to Majorca for podium dancers & cabarets. (OK, so they were in their mid/late teens...)

I was impressed with the dancing - one of them even did tramp's back-bend move! :wink:

Does this sort of dancing lend any inspiration to MJ?

DianaS
15th-October-2004, 01:25 PM
I happend to be flicking through the channels and found a program on Kids TV (Trouble) called "Red Hot Dance" - a dance tallent contest where they were taking five people to Majorca for podium dancers & cabarets. (OK, so they were in their mid/late teens...)

I was impressed with the dancing - one of them even did tramp's back-bend move! :wink:

Does this sort of dancing lend any inspiration to MJ?
Hi Gadget
quess it depends what kinda MJ'r you are. Some people seem to blend forms really well and pick up bits of movement and weave them in
Kinnda tricky for the partner, but exciting too!
D :cheers:

RogerR
16th-October-2004, 12:03 PM
There's lots of room to incorporate bits from other styles but the limit must be the lead required. For each and every move you have to get your partner safely and comfortably into through and out of the move without too much talking. If the lead is good then the follower doesn't need to know the figure just follow the lead.