PDA

View Full Version : Ribby Weekender - 5th November

Gus
13th-October-2004, 08:05 PM
Usual questions ... who's going? Seems like the usual suspects will be teaching and DJing. Is there going to be a quorum of Forumites there?

Lounge Lizard
14th-October-2004, 06:01 PM
Usual questions ... who's going? Seems like the usual suspects will be teaching and DJing. Is there going to be a quorum of Forumites there?well
Roger Chinn
Gus
Me
that's for starters

TheTramp
14th-October-2004, 06:18 PM
well
Roger Chinn
Gus
Me
that's for starters
*cough*

Trampy

Lory
14th-October-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm not going :sad: but for those of you who are, I can tell you, I went for a weekend to this holiday centre about 3 years ago (non dancing) and it's absolutely lovely! ;)

The accomodation is luxurious compared to others!

We stayed in a VERY large 3 bedroomed lakeside villa, it had 2 bathrooms, one with a jacuzzi. (perfect for after a hard nights dancing) The kitchen was fully equipt, so worth taking a couple of dishwasher tablets in your cases! :waycool:

The complex has stables if anyone likes horseriding (I DON'T) and also a lovely gym and spa complex!

I'll be interested to hear how the weekend goes, as I might be tempted next time! :)

Gojive
14th-October-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm not going :sad: but for those of you who are, I can tell you, I went for a weekend to this holiday centre about 3 years ago (non dancing) and it's absolutely lovely! ;)

The accomodation is luxurious compared to others!

We stayed in a VERY large 3 bedroomed lakeside villa, it had 2 bathrooms, one with a jacuzzi. (perfect for after a hard nights dancing) The kitchen was fully equipt, so worth taking a couple of dishwasher tablets in your cases! :waycool:

The complex has stables if anyone likes horseriding (I DON'T) and also a lovely gym and spa complex!

I'll be interested to hear how the weekend goes, as I might be tempted next time! :)

Sounds fantastic Lory!. Sadly, it clashes with the Partyweekender in Warmwell, which is always top of my list (only missed 1 of the 12 or so they've done far! :D ).

Tiggerbabe
14th-October-2004, 08:01 PM
I went for a weekend to this holiday centre about 3 years ago (non dancing) and it's absolutely lovely! ;)

You're pulling my leg Lory :eek: - I was there about 3 years ago too - with my boys. Accomodation is fab and I'm sure it will be a great weekend. There's a very nice restaurant on site, IIRC and also a take-away and a reasonably sized/stocked shop. The leisure complex is very good too but you'll all be far too busy for that! :clap: :clap:

Rachel
15th-October-2004, 05:35 PM
Usual questions ... who's going? Seems like the usual suspects will be teaching and DJing. Is there going to be a quorum of Forumites there? Me & Marc will be there!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
R. xx

TheTramp
5th-November-2004, 10:41 AM
It's today.

One Legal Methods & Systems tutorial to get through, and I'll be heading on down.

See you there... :flower:

Trampy

Yuko
5th-November-2004, 11:04 AM
Phil & me will be there!
See you soon!

TheTramp
5th-November-2004, 11:33 AM
Phil & me will be there!
See you soon!
Great.

Save me lots of dances :clap: :worthy:

Trampy

Magic Hans
5th-November-2004, 11:42 AM
Meee 2!!!!

:D

!an !

Yuko
5th-November-2004, 01:27 PM
'I' will ask both of you to dance!! PLEASE!!
I'm really looking forward to this weekend.
Yuko x

Lory
9th-November-2004, 11:18 AM
Well???

How was the weekend?

I'd love to hear how it compared to other weekends, i.e. Camber/Southport. Was there more than one venue/choice of music style? Was it crowded on the dance floor? What time did the dancing go on till etc. :flower:

Lynn
9th-November-2004, 11:22 AM
Well???

How was the weekend?

I'd love to hear how it compared to other weekends, i.e. Camber/Southport. Was there more than one venue/choice of music style? Was it crowded on the dance floor? What time did the dancing go on till etc. :flower: :yeah: Details please!

Gus
9th-November-2004, 01:04 PM
Well .... (please understand that as I have a contract with Blitz my comments may not ne up toi my usual blunt self).

Accoimidation: SUPERB! Very comfortable and great on site facilties (espcially the food bar open form midnight to 2.30am)

Floor: Main Hall - Bit sticky ... if they intend to return they need to something about it. Floor in Blues room was AOK

Music: Blues room had excellent set-up. Main Hall was more of an issues due to it being a large sports Hall. Peter Phillips worked wonders with a a huge battery of speakers and amps. Was a bit problematic the Friday but by Saturday think Peter had got it a lot better. Lie up of DJs was a good as youre going to get for the most part (but as I was one of the DJs I'm the worst person to ask)

Teachers: Usual suspets. Personally really enjoyed the WCS by N&B. Oter raved about Dave and Vals advanced Blues (which I managed to miss). Marc, Amir and Viktor also on form. didint see much of the others

RoyBoy
9th-November-2004, 01:45 PM
Can only echo all of Gus's comments. West Coast swing - fantastic, I love it and I WANT MORE. Only other gripe would be the EARLY closing time of the Blues Room......3AM, it was still dark when I left.

All in all, a great weekend.

Lounge Lizard
9th-November-2004, 04:12 PM
best accomodation on any weekender anywhere

floor - will be sorted next time, itr is a sprung wooden floor with 5 badmington courts, so a slippy floor is not best suited for badmington! but did get better as the weekend progressed (cleaners worked on it after venue closed).

3am finish - the rules of the venue it seems, the saecurity guards were standing by the decks at three - so nothing we could do

Music - we are all stars :wink:

sound and lighting - a challenge to say the least, got better as the weekend progressed, Friday I got the lighting wrong, but Saturday was good until the film crew left their lights on in main hall all night :mad: :mad:

Accoustics two venues, 20 speakers, 7000 watts of amplifiers and active speakers, two mixers, two mixing decks and 100's of meters of cables - we done our best but also learnt a lot.
I will try to get teachers mic's balanced better next time.

overall a great weekend with loads of space to dance each night - the north wins hands down when it comes to customer care at these weekenders IMHO - a manned reception desk from 9am till 3am
peter

Dazzle
10th-November-2004, 03:23 AM
Echo everything everyone has said about the accommodation, absolutely first rate apart from the carpets being fitted at the time of arrival, but hey, something and nothing! :waycool:

The main dance hall/sports hall was disappointing, quite sticky and took its toll on the ankles and back by the end of the night. It did improve slightly by the end of the weekend, but not enough. It could have been treated for the event and then put back to normal for the Badminton players later. This was an important part for the whole weekend. Many dancers also found it difficult in the Workshops too, especially ones involving turns and spins. It made them very tiring, especially for the ladies.

Many simply moved into the blues room which was great, a proper dance/aerobic studio. Not sure what the venue thought about the broken wall bars though, oops! :blush: Wasn't me!

Music was great, especially Blues Room, Sound was made very difficult in the Main Dance Hall due to the sports hall nature. I am no sound technician, how do you get around the echo problem?

Workshops were great, despite dancing and partying until late just managed to make the 5 each day! Dave and Val; David and Jamie; Nigel and Nina; Viktor and Carol; Amir and Caroline(?); Marc and Victoria! Great fun all of you! Came away with so much!

The late night Bakery open from 00:00 until 02:30 for Bacon Butties, etc., was inspirational for peckish dancers making their way home each night, if not a little expensive, even the resident bar staff were upset! :really:

It was a first attempt and I have no doubts it will improve no-end next time, mainly minor clitches though as with all new ventures.

Yuko and Rachel, thank you for gracing the floor with me :worthy: , Janey, I haven't forgotten :flower: ! Loved my dance with the lady in the large hat on Sunday evening, whoever you were! :yeah: