PDA

View Full Version : Forum breaks

Lynn
12th-October-2004, 04:07 PM
No – not breaks from the forum…

I often take ‘breaks’ from work for 5 mins or so, have a quick look at current threads, (longer at lunchtime). So what might have been a ‘tea break’ is now a ‘forum break’. Judging by the number of folk on the forum during the day I wonder if other people do this too? Have your tea breaks become ‘forum breaks’?

(A bit like a ‘smoke break’ – after all, its just as addictive! :wink: )

CJ
12th-October-2004, 04:09 PM
... but Franck fixes it...

Sparkles
12th-October-2004, 04:21 PM
I used to, now I just have to sneak on when I can :what:
When I have my broadband back up and running at home again I shall be a much happier bunny!
Ooops, gotta dash, they're on to me again :tears:

S. x

Gadget
12th-October-2004, 05:29 PM
:yeah: :blush:

Tiggerbabe
12th-October-2004, 05:43 PM

*Phew* you nearly gave me a heart attack there Lynn :wink:
Unfortunately, I have to wait until I get home until I can check the forum - it's just not fair :tears: :tears: :tears:

Lynn
12th-October-2004, 05:49 PM
Unfortunately, I have to wait until I get home until I can check the forum - it's just not fair :tears: :tears: :tears: Part of the week I work from home... and it can turn into 'work breaks' from the forum :rofl: (but then I have to work later to get everything done! :tears: )

Jon L
12th-October-2004, 10:39 PM

I often take ‘breaks’ from work for 5 mins or so, have a quick look at current threads, (longer at lunchtime). So what might have been a ‘tea break’ is now a ‘forum break’. Judging by the number of folk on the forum during the day I wonder if other people do this too? Have your tea breaks become ‘forum breaks’?

(A bit like a ‘smoke break’ – after all, its just as addictive! :wink: )

I'd love to do that Lynn - but I mentioned in a thread a long time ago, internet use on our PC's is monitored. If for example I used my browser at work to get dates for a dance nearby, that would be deemed acceptable, but coming in to a 'chat' board at work - would not be and I would probably end up getting a clip round the earhole :what:

Lynn
12th-October-2004, 11:08 PM
I'd love to do that Lynn - but I mentioned in a thread a long time ago, internet use on our PC's is monitored. I'm fortunate in that on days I work from home, how much/little time I spend on different tasks depends on what needs done and when for, and days I am in the office I have told my boss that I look at the forum and other dance sites in my breaks, so I know that no-one minds. And if I didn't do that I would have the tendancy just to work on and not take breaks at all! (I have been known to feel hungry and look at my watch and realise its 3pm and I haven't had any lunch yet!)

philsmove
13th-October-2004, 08:25 AM
I use to work in a R and D lab when we got “stuck” on a project we were encourage to undertake a “diversionary activity”

This forum is an excellent a “diversionary activity”