PDA

View Full Version : Trampy's Tremor

DianaS
10th-October-2004, 12:05 PM
Yea hey, danced with Trampy at last on Saturday (first time for both of us) and apart from the odd colliding of heads, his trousers coming undone and getting entwined with various dancers (don't ask) and me lying on the floor for an unspeakabley long period of time (twice) (- it was sort of the naughty corner if you do that again and I'll drop you and leave you there!), we got on really well. :cheers:

However I noticed something very unusuall about Trampy, his tremor. It had me in fits of giggles (just as well cas I was blowing every break) and I was wondering if this tremor was a uniquely Trampy phenonema, or whether it is something that is part of the Scottish repertoire of moves.
It was really brill, seriously humourous and added that little something to those well managed breaks

Yliander
10th-October-2004, 01:50 PM
sounds like a delightfully hysterical dance

but not sure what you mean by a tremor :confused:

MartinHarper
10th-October-2004, 01:59 PM
Do you mean something like a very fast shimmy or wiggle?

DianaS
10th-October-2004, 02:14 PM
sounds like a delightfully hysterical dance

but not sure what you mean by a tremor :confused:
Neither did I! t'was fascinating! :D and so expressive.
Its something I'll be practicing in the mirror and dance floor this week.
BTW I did say to trampy that evening that I had an unusual question for T and I'd PM it him, he could then post it on the forum if he wanted to..
He said "nah post it on the forum any way"...

It was a really, really funny dance... martial artist meets forum legend I don't think either us knew what to do with each others movements, :rofl: :rofl:

baldrick
10th-October-2004, 05:06 PM
Not sure which I want more

Dance with DianaS and see if she makes me do it,

or

Dance with Trampy and experiance it for myself

:confused:

drathzel
10th-October-2004, 05:37 PM
Trampy is so much fun to dance with!! I have got tangled in his trousers (not a dodgy way before anyone comments) But its worth it!!

Little Monkey
10th-October-2004, 07:58 PM
I was trembling first time I danced with Trampy..... With fear! :D
Was wondering what on earth had just hit the dancefloor, and wanted to shrink into my own dance-shoes out of sheer embarrasment over my own dancing! :rofl: I have since got used to his style, and now loooove dancing with him! You never know what he's gonna do next.... Last time we danced, he bent me over backwards, and kissed my tummy, then exclaiming "Mmmm, salty!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You're great fun, Trampy! :hug:

Monkey

philsmove
10th-October-2004, 08:09 PM
Last time we danced, he bent me over backwards, and kissed my tummy, then exclaiming "Mmmm, salty!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You're great fun, Trampy! :hug:

Monkey

And what, I wonder is that move called :whistle:

Northants Girly
10th-October-2004, 09:03 PM
I noticed something very unusuall about Trampy, his tremor. and I was wondering if this tremor was a uniquely Trampy phenonema, or whether it is something that is part of the Scottish repertoire of moves.

I reckon Trampy is probably just a little bit scared of you Diana :wink:

DianaS
10th-October-2004, 09:32 PM
Trampy is so much fun to dance with!! I have got tangled in his trousers (not a dodgy way before anyone comments) But its worth it!!
It's those straps isn't it, they give another meaning to the octapus
One tentacle came undone and whipped its way around with a life of its own! :D
I must be getting old 'cas I don't even know the name for them.
In my day they were known as bondage trousers and were worn by punk rockers
I ofcourse never wore them or had pink spikey cropped hair :innocent:

DianaS
10th-October-2004, 09:34 PM
Not sure which I want more

Dance with DianaS and see if she makes me do it,

or

Dance with Trampy and experiance it for myself

:confused:
Dance with both of us together!! :D :D
I'll try and learn to tremble
Trampy will you teach me?

baldrick
10th-October-2004, 09:46 PM
Dance with both of us together!! :D :D
I'll try and learn to tremble
Trampy will you teach me?
I'm up for that, but is he leading or are you? :yum:

DianaS
10th-October-2004, 09:47 PM
I'm up for that, but is he leading or are you? :yum:
I've retired from leading unless I'm drunk :flower:

baldrick
10th-October-2004, 09:50 PM
I've retired from leading unless I'm drunk :flower:
Ok thats us double troubled with Trampy leading. Shall we ask him now?

spindr
10th-October-2004, 10:07 PM
Are you sure that he just didn't have his phone set to "vibrate"? :)

SpinDr.

Tiggerbabe
10th-October-2004, 10:51 PM
Are you sure that he just didn't have his phone set to "vibrate"? :)

SpinDr.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jivecat
10th-October-2004, 11:30 PM
I danced with Trampy at Southport and enjoyable though it was I detected no tremor measurable on the Richter scale. It was me that was trembling having just seen his partner appear floating in the air above his head as if by magic. I swear his hands were still down by his side. How does this guy do it? Advanced levitation? Does he attend dematerialisation workshops?

Gadget
11th-October-2004, 12:15 AM
However I noticed something very unusuall about Trampy, his tremor. It had me in fits of giggles (just as well cas I was blowing every break) and I was wondering if this tremor was a uniquely Trampy phenonema, or whether it is something that is part of the Scottish repertoire of moves.
It was really brill, seriously humourous and added that little something to those well managed breaks
I'm sure that Franck teaches something similar for a slow comb: it's the Metz judders I think :wink: Tramp does it well. :D

BTW the trousers are nick-named "octopus trousers" but are actualy called "parachute trousers" I think.

Gojive
11th-October-2004, 01:00 AM
However I noticed something very unusuall about Trampy, his tremor. It had me in fits of giggles (just as well cas I was blowing every break)

No wonder you're cheeks looked rosy Diana! :wink: :yum:

MartinHarper
11th-October-2004, 02:29 AM
the Metz judders

At last: finally someone actually explains what this thread is about. Only took us 18 posts...

I was taught this as a student by a couple of friends (one male, one female), for the purposes of nightclub dancing. Simple enough, but takes a lot of practice. The girl, incidentally, could also "tremor" her lips and her eyelids, which was just devastatingly sexy.

drathzel
11th-October-2004, 08:20 AM
It's those straps isn't it, they give another meaning to the octapus
One tentacle came undone and whipped its way around with a life of its own! :D
I must be getting old 'cas I don't even know the name for them.
In my day they were known as bondage trousers and were worn by punk rockers
I ofcourse never wore them or had pink spikey cropped hair :innocent:

I have no idea either!! Do they actually have a name!!!

Trampy managed to get tangled in one and we had a little bit of an accident at the BFG!! Those straps have a life of there own and come undone whenever they feel like it!

drathzel
11th-October-2004, 08:22 AM

can i have a turn? :grin:

DianaS
11th-October-2004, 09:39 AM
At last: finally someone actually explains what this thread is about. Only took us 18 posts...

I was taught this as a student by a couple of friends (one male, one female), for the purposes of nightclub dancing. Simple enough, but takes a lot of practice. The girl, incidentally, could also "tremor" her lips and her eyelids, which was just devastatingly sexy.
So what is the Metz judders then :drool:
Do tell all, 'cas it was absolutely new to me! :D
D

John S
11th-October-2004, 11:40 AM
I don't know if this what Gadget is referring to, but here's a discussion of the Judderman advert for Metz Schnappes (of course, not for a moment would I suggest that Trampy looks at all like the character in it!)

http://www.cinephiles.net/cgi-bin/discuss/discus.cgi?pg=next&topic=12795&page=3679

CJ
11th-October-2004, 11:41 AM
I don't know if this what Gadget is referring to, but here's a discussion of the Judderman advert for Metz Schnappes (of course, not for a moment would I suggest that Trampy looks at all like the character in it!)

http://www.cinephiles.net/cgi-bin/discuss/discus.cgi?pg=next&topic=12795&page=3679

Is this the post of a fellow trembler?

Or is it bad form to ask how the Parkinsons is?!? :blush:

John S
11th-October-2004, 11:54 AM
Is this the post of a fellow trembler?

My knees are fine now, thank you. :what: :sick:

Gadget
11th-October-2004, 12:03 PM
From that link of John's, here's a URL to the metz ad: Metz1 (http://www.zound.co.uk/showreel_metz1.htm)

Tramp has a way of rippling the judder down his body that is 'interesting'. Used as an impact jolt in response to a particulary devistating look(/touch) from his partner. :D

MartinHarper
11th-October-2004, 12:56 PM
The judderman ad is pretty cool (thanks for the link Gadget), but only has a single instance of a judder (a girl on the right of the screen, shortly after the man is lured into the cave). I recall another Metz ad, which was shorter, but had more juddering. It also had the fantastic line "Hi, I'm a freelance scientist". :)

drathzel
11th-October-2004, 02:06 PM
i can't believe that trampy has not come on to his tread to enlighten us with his wisdom on the matter!!!

DianaS
11th-October-2004, 10:10 PM
Hmmm last time I set myself up for somthing like this I regreted it later
but only for a minute..

drathzel
12th-October-2004, 08:34 AM
but only for a minute..

have you danced with baldrick before?

:sick:

DianaS
12th-October-2004, 08:37 AM
have you danced with baldrick before?

:sick:
No But I did find myself promising to lead a couple of guys at BB only to find that one was rather tall and another I was far too tippsy to go anything but giggle :waycool:

drathzel
12th-October-2004, 08:41 AM
No But I did find myself promising to lead a couple of guys at BB only to find that one was rather tall and another I was far too tippsy to go anything but giggle :waycool:

your sense of dread may be confirmed!! Baldrick spends the whole dance trying to make you laugh!!! You then lose your concentration and often your balance.... now imagine that and trampy!!! :what:

baldrick
12th-October-2004, 11:38 PM
but only for a minute..
Was lead for the first time last week and want a repeat experiance. Then to be DT'ed is the next step.

Baldrick spends the whole dance trying to make you laugh!!! You then lose your concentration and often your balance..
and your problem is...?

drathzel
13th-October-2004, 08:33 AM
and your problem is...?

did i say there was a problem, i was meerly commenting!

baldrick
13th-October-2004, 06:27 PM
did i say there was a problem, i was meerly commenting!
Tee hee :D :rofl: :rofl: :D :flower:

drathzel
14th-October-2004, 08:27 AM
Tee hee :D :rofl: :rofl: :D :flower:

so back on the subject of trampy's tremor!!!

TheTramp
14th-October-2004, 08:35 AM
Okie. So can't we just let this thread die away quietly then??? :blush:

Trampy

drathzel
14th-October-2004, 08:37 AM

Trampy

Not while i'm around!!! I want to hear about this tremor! :hug: :clap:

MartinHarper
14th-October-2004, 05:35 PM
From another thread:

Rules:
2) There must be at least 5 entries on here before you can contribute again.

Perhaps this rule would help to let this thread die away quietly? :)

drathzel
14th-October-2004, 06:09 PM
From another thread:

Perhaps this rule would help to let this thread die away quietly? :)

or how about not!!! I want to know about trampy's tremor!

baldrick
14th-October-2004, 06:39 PM

Trampy
Aw Trampy, your silence was showing so much wisdom. More than word ever could. Trouble is wispers never die, just mutate and get more interesting and unlikely :wink:

drathzel
15th-October-2004, 08:18 AM
Aw Trampy, your silence was showing so much wisdom. More than word ever could. Trouble is wispers never die, just mutate and get more interesting and unlikely :wink:

i heard... whisper whisper whisper.... trampy is....whisper whisper whisper!!! :hug: :flower:

baldrick
15th-October-2004, 06:31 PM
i heard... whisper whisper whisper.... trampy is....whisper whisper whisper!!! :hug: :flower:
See Drathzels mutating as we wisper, mutter mutter, snigger giggle. :hug:

drathzel
15th-October-2004, 06:41 PM
See Drathzels mutating as we wisper, mutter mutter, snigger giggle. :hug:

i already mutated!!! Long ago!!!