PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Dancing Fever!

Divissima
9th-October-2004, 05:53 PM
Has anyone else read anything about this new show? The BBC website announced it yesterday... should be good.

A bit like Pop Idol - only with amateur dancers instead of vocalists. Auditions next year to find ten amateur couples who will be trained by a professional dancer for a show in the Strictly Come Dancing format and hosted by Graham Norton. The winning couple get £50,000.

Sounds as though it could be fun - although not if Simon Cowell is judging :sick:

No dates for auditions as yet - anyone tempted? :devil:

See the website here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3726496.stm)

drathzel
9th-October-2004, 05:58 PM
Has anyone else read anything about this new show? The BBC website announced it yesterday... should be good.

A bit like Pop Idol - only with amateur dancers instead of vocalists. Auditions next year to find ten amateur couples who will be trained by a professional dancer for a show in the Strictly Come Dancing format and hosted by Graham Norton. The winning couple get £50,000.

Sounds as though it could be fun - although not if Simon Cowell is judging :sick:

No dates for auditions as yet - anyone tempted? :devil:

See the website here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3726496.stm)

I think it sounds quite good although i wouldn't enter myself altough it willl be good to watch! I enjoyed strictly come dancing and it was good but it will be good to see it without the celebs!

Are you tempted,Divissima?

DavidY
9th-October-2004, 06:03 PM
Graham Norton was talking about it on Jonathan Ross's show last night.

I wasn't really paying attention & can't remember what he said :blush: , but it didn't sound too encouraging.

Jonathan Ross's show is repeated at 03:20 tonight/Sunday morning so I'll set the video & pay more attention this time.

Yliander
9th-October-2004, 06:03 PM
Divi sounds like it could be a blast

drathzel
9th-October-2004, 06:09 PM

I fell asleep before graham norton came on oopps! I might watch it when i get back from Glasgow party tonight!

Tiggerbabe
9th-October-2004, 06:23 PM

Yeah, I watched that too and to be honest got the impression that it's more of a "fun" show. Graham seemed to imply that because "anyone" could enter he would spend a great deal of his time taking the proverbial out of them :whistle: :whistle:

MartinHarper
9th-October-2004, 07:09 PM
Graham seemed to imply that because "anyone" could enter he would spend a great deal of his time taking the proverbial out of them

Fairly standard for this kind of thing - doesn't mean that the top ten won't be something special...

Divissima
11th-October-2004, 09:28 AM
Are you tempted, Divissima?Well, sort of. It would be amazing if you actually made the ten couples - but less fun if Graham Norton was making you the butt of his jokes. Mind you, his humour isn't nasty so maybe it wouldn't be so bad :grin:

There are a few MJ couples who I think might be good enough to make the final ten. I, however, am not among them :rolleyes:

Sheepman
11th-October-2004, 12:53 PM
There are a few MJ couples who I think might be good enough to make the final ten. I've just thought who I would really like to see in this show, Adam and Tas, can you imagine what a boost to MJ that would be?

Greg

drathzel
11th-October-2004, 01:54 PM
Well, sort of. It would be amazing if you actually made the ten couples - but less fun if Graham Norton was making you the butt of his jokes. Mind you, his humour isn't nasty so maybe it wouldn't be so bad :grin:

There are a few MJ couples who I think might be good enough to make the final ten. I, however, am not among them :rolleyes:

Go for it! I am sure you are good enough! Not that i have seen you dance but i am sure you are!!