PDA

View Full Version : A Night with Peter Phillips - October 22nd

Gus
8th-October-2004, 12:31 PM
As part of his N West Tour, our very own Lounge Lizard will be hosting an evening of Cool Blues and Sexy Latin tunes at Knutsford Civic Hall (see http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/news-detail.asp?NewsID=425 for deatils).

This is a new venture for the North West, an evening aimed more at the experienced dancer, especially those who love Blues, WCS and Latin style dancing. This is an initial trial to see if there is a market for events aimed specificaly at dancers at this level. As a special deal, the openning night is only £5.

The event is in the main Hall of the Knutsford Civic Hall, runing from 8.30pm to 11.30pm. We wont be openening a licensed bar, instead soft drinks will be on sale and dancers can bring their own alcohol.

If any forumites are in the area please come along and introduce yourselves. To get more of LL-mania, Peter will be guesting on the decks at Blitz Northwich on the Thursday (21/10) and will be the DJ in charge at Bltz's Stockport Town Hall do on the Saturday (23/10)

Dreadful Scathe
8th-October-2004, 06:24 PM
Interesting thread title, but I though it was a competition to wn a date with LL - Im so dissapointed :-)

Gus
8th-October-2004, 06:28 PM
Interesting thread title, but I though it was a competition to wn a date with LL - Im so dissapointed :-)EVERYTHING has a price. :wink:

Dance Demon
8th-October-2004, 06:43 PM
Interesting thread title, but I though it was a competition to wn a date with LL - Im so dissapointed :-)

Ahhh....but will it be the REAL Peter Phillips.............:wink:

Lounge Lizard
8th-October-2004, 07:07 PM
now I don't mind a thread being sidelined if it is about dating me............but when it is between three guys (two with false claims to the Peter Phillips title) I get worried ........& for gawd's sake dont tell Ms McGregor :wink:

Gus
13th-October-2004, 10:30 AM
SO ... any forumites coming to hear Peter play? If this event works we are looking to make it a regular event, playing Blues/Latin in a laid back environment so that more experienced dancers can experiment and generally have a chilled out time.

bigdjiver
13th-October-2004, 02:38 PM
The music Peter played at the Jook Jive dance in Ampthill matched the atmosphere perfectly for my taste, and was enjoyed by ther mix of blues, MJ and swing dancers there. I hope all who attend enjoy themselves as much.

DavidY
13th-October-2004, 11:29 PM
SO ... any forumites coming to hear Peter play? Maybe.. though Friday night on the M6 is never a good time.

Would it suit someone (like myself) with some experience in MJ, but who knows very little about WCS/Blues/Latin?

Gus
14th-October-2004, 12:20 AM
Maybe.. though Friday night on the M6 is never a good time.

Would it suit someone (like myself) with some experience in MJ, but who knows very little about WCS/Blues/Latin?Should hope so ... the pace of the music is quieter ... its there for people to use WCS if thats their bag but equally good for everyday MJers who like slower music.

Yeah .. M6 is a nightmare .. hence the fact we've pushed the start time back to 8.30 to give people a chance to miss the worst of the traffic.

Gojive
14th-October-2004, 12:30 AM
Yeah .. M6 is a nightmare .. hence the fact we've pushed the start time back to 8.30 to give people a chance to miss the worst of the traffic.

Judging by my experience of it last week Gus, you'd need to push it back to 2045 to give people a real chance......and I'm talking about the year! :wink:

And I thought the M25 was bad! :sad:

Lounge Lizard
14th-October-2004, 09:34 AM
Maybe.. though Friday night on the M6 is never a good time.

Would it suit someone (like myself) with some experience in MJ, but who knows very little about WCS/Blues/Latin?hi guarenteed - it will be MJ friendly music nothing too slow or fast for the main part - slow blues tracks will be slipped in but between the more 'known' soft-swing tracks
LL

DavidY
14th-October-2004, 12:45 PM
Gus & Peter,

Thanks for your replies - will definitely consider going if I feel strong enough to battle the M6.

David