PDA

View Full Version : What does your dancing say about you?

MartinHarper
8th-October-2004, 10:52 AM
Folks say that you can tell a lot about someone just by dancing with them - and more than just how long they've been dancing for! :) Is that true? If it is, what messages are each of us broadcasting for all to see?

Little Monkey
8th-October-2004, 10:57 AM
Folks say that you can tell a lot about someone just by dancing with them - and more than just how long they've been dancing for! :) Is that true? If it is, what messages are each of us broadcasting for all to see?

That I'm raving mad???? :eek: I think that's probably peoples' impression of me when they dare dance with me...... :D

Actually, just watching me will be enough to confirm I'm bonkers... :rofl:

Monkey

Jive Brummie
8th-October-2004, 11:00 AM
That I'm raving mad???? :eek: I think that's probably peoples' impression of me when they dare dance with me...... :D

Monkey

:yeah:
:rofl:

Little Monkey
8th-October-2004, 11:04 AM
:yeah:

Thanks.... I knew I could count on your support! :cheers:

Monkey :flower:

Rhythm King
8th-October-2004, 12:36 PM

Monkey

It's that Pancho Villa moustache that does it every time :wink:

Gadget
8th-October-2004, 12:46 PM
Show off.
I would love to think "smooth, considerate, stylish, cool,..." but "show off" is probably more accurate.

(...and there are some people that I have no idea how long they have been dancing for - I've danced with complete begginers who could have been dancing for months and I've danced with people that have been dancing for months that I would swear had only been once or twice.:sick: )

Actually, I've wondered this before: does the way you dance with a partner have any indication to how you would move together should things get more "intemate"?

Gojive
8th-October-2004, 12:52 PM
Actually, I've wondered this before: does the way you dance with a partner have any indication to how you would move together should things get more "intemate"?

Mine's the other way round (the experience that is! :wink: ). My dancing with my partner is an indication on how intimate we are "off-floor" :drool:

Graham
8th-October-2004, 12:53 PM
Couples interested in Gadget's ground-breaking scientific survey should submit a video showing at least 5 minutes dancing and 30 minutes intimate movement to PO Box XXX, Aberdeen. Unfortunately videos cannot be returned.

:wink:

CJ
8th-October-2004, 01:31 PM
I don't think my dancing says much: it tends to whisper... seductively in your ear gentle thoughts about smooth moving... subtly hinting at further progressions... delicately places the curiosity about intimacy... sharing something new that you've never shared before... with anyone...ever...

At least that's what Stuart M said after we danced @ BFG. :D

But generally speaking it tends to SHOUT:

HE STILL CANT BLOODY DANCE!!

Franck
8th-October-2004, 01:48 PM
At least that's what Stuart M said after we danced @ BFG. :D :tears: He said that to me too! :eek:
I'm crushed!

On topic/ thread, my dancing probably says fun / enthusiastic / passionate about dancing... and on occasion cheesy :wink:

Gadget
8th-October-2004, 02:01 PM
On topic/ thread, my dancing probably says fun / enthusiastic / passionate about dancing... and on occasion cheesy :wink::yeah::yeah: now here's a man who knows his dancing :D...

Although I'm not sure what the obsession with combs says about him...?

MartinHarper
8th-October-2004, 02:46 PM
what the obsession with combs says about him...?

Fear of going bald? :)

I reckon the dominant trait I display when I lead is indecisiveness, which is fairly true to life. Some guys I watch are completely focused on their dance partner and making sure she's dancing well, having fun, and so forth... and I can't help but feel that must be reflected in their personality off the dance floor too.

Bangers & Mash
8th-October-2004, 02:48 PM
My dancing says I need to practise more

Bangers & Mash
8th-October-2004, 02:49 PM
:blush:

DianaS
8th-October-2004, 02:54 PM
My dancing says I need to practise more
I'll practice with you :cheers: :hug:

Bangers & Mash
8th-October-2004, 03:01 PM
I'll practice with you :cheers: :hug:

You've talked me into it - you sweet talking devil you :wink:

:cheers:

David Chu
8th-October-2004, 03:14 PM
If I'm dancing with a girl, my dancing says "seems like I've known you a lifetime, and I'm gonna make you mine, on a night like this"!...thx Kylie. :)

If I'm dancing with a guy, my dancing says "you can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life"!...thx Abba :wink:

xdc

baldrick
8th-October-2004, 06:57 PM
How about
"if I keep her laughing long enough maybe she won't notice I can't lead for as much as 3 min." :D

Tiggerbabe
8th-October-2004, 07:18 PM
I've noticed the girls are keeping quiet here :blush: - however I'll give it a go......
probably my dancing says - "go on then :wink: for 3 mins I'm all yours" -

depending on the track it'll say I'm fun, funky or even flirty and it also probably says - be careful with the "windows of opportunity" - I have been known to hijack the odd lead or two :rofl: :rofl:

jivecat
8th-October-2004, 08:26 PM
I reckon my dancing says- docile and compliant on the surface, or as long as it suits me (which it does, almost all of the time) - but best not to try to make me do something I don't want to do!

Sal
8th-October-2004, 08:37 PM
Someone once told me that you can tell what a woman will be like in bed by the way that she dances....:eek:
I have no idea if this is true for men aswell....:innocent:

drathzel
8th-October-2004, 08:46 PM
How about
"if I keep her laughing long enough maybe she won't notice I can't lead for as much as 3 min." :D

I noticed... I noticed!

My dancing say i am fun and always up for a laugh! but i'm not sure what else! I suppose that would be it! Fun and up for a laugh!

I find it hard to follow so that would be a control thing too wouldn't it!!!

baldrick
8th-October-2004, 09:22 PM
Someone once told me that you can tell what a woman will be like in bed by the way that she dances....:eek:
Back to that distraction thing :D

baldrick
8th-October-2004, 09:24 PM
probably my dancing says - "go on then :wink: for 3 mins I'm all yours" -

Be mine Sheena, coming to the Dundee party, be mine :yum:

jivecat
8th-October-2004, 09:29 PM

I've certainly heard rumours that some women think you can tell what a man will be like in bed by the way he dances. Whether these theories have been backed up by exhaustive trialling I couldn't say. :innocent:

baldrick
8th-October-2004, 09:38 PM
I've certainly heard rumours that some women think you can tell what a man will be like in bed by the way he dances. Whether these theories have been backed up by exhaustive trialling I couldn't say. :innocent:
Do you think anyone is looking for volunteers :clap:

Lory
8th-October-2004, 10:15 PM

This is so unfair!!!! Give me a chance, I've only been dancing 2 years! :devil: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
8th-October-2004, 10:28 PM
Someone once told me that you can tell what a woman will be like in bed by the way that she dances..

This is so unfair!!!! Give me a chance, I've only been dancing 2 years! :devil: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Well, having danced with you both............ :D :whistle: :worthy: :worthy:

Little Monkey
9th-October-2004, 07:57 PM
It's that Pancho Villa moustache that does it every time :wink:

What? You mean it DOESN'T improve my dancing??? :eek: Not a turn-on either?????? :confused:

Well, the girls seemed to like it! :D

Monkey

Little Monkey
9th-October-2004, 08:02 PM
I've noticed the girls are keeping quiet here :blush: - Oi! I was the first to reply, I was! :tears: Oooops, was it the mustache that fooled you? :what: I'M FEMALE, HONEST!!!! :tears: :tears:

Monkey-girl

drathzel
10th-October-2004, 11:56 AM
What? You mean it DOESN'T improve my dancing??? :eek: Not a turn-on either?????? :confused:

Well, the girls seemed to like it! :D

Monkey

Yes we did, keep the moustash!! :D

Mary
10th-October-2004, 12:48 PM
I guess what my dancing says about me is that I am a good little girl who does as she is told ................................some of the time! :devil: :wink:

Hmmm, always wondered why my Mum called my contrary!

Then there are the bits in my dancing that come out really naff :tears: but you've gotta try stuff - just wish I was like that in life :rolleyes:

M

bigdjiver
10th-October-2004, 09:02 PM
I have no idea if this is true for men as well....:innocent:What, finished in three minutes, or less? :devil:

Little Monkey
10th-October-2004, 09:25 PM
Yes we did, keep the moustash!! :D

:hug: :flower:

You coming to the Dundee 7 sins party? I'll wear my 'tash specially for you! :wink: :D

Monkey

Minnie M
11th-October-2004, 01:25 AM
changed my mind about this post - sorry :blush:

CJ
11th-October-2004, 02:38 AM
:tears: He said that to me too! :eek:
I'm crushed!

On topic/ thread, my dancing probably says fun / enthusiastic / passionate about dancing... and on occasion cheesy :wink:

Franck,

Your dancing says "you have a fixation about hair."

c'est tout.

drathzel
11th-October-2004, 08:17 AM
:hug: :flower:

You coming to the Dundee 7 sins party? I'll wear my 'tash specially for you! :wink: :D

Monkey

of course i'll be coming!!! looking fwd to it!! :clap: :clap:

CJ
11th-October-2004, 10:01 AM
of course i'll be coming!!! looking fwd to it!! :clap: :clap:

Can we watch?!? :devil:

Graham
11th-October-2004, 11:16 AM
:really: You have a filthy mind, Robert. :whistle:

Lory
11th-October-2004, 11:22 AM
Franck,

Your dancing says "you have a fixation about hair."

We like! :wink:

CJ
11th-October-2004, 11:39 AM

Thank you. :wink:

:D :D

Rhythm King
11th-October-2004, 11:46 AM
I have no idea if this is true for men as well....:innocent:

The (male) teacher at one of the workshops in Southport commented that "you can tell how a man is in bed by the way he dances, can't you ladies?" - which was immediately and vociferously denied by all the ladies within my earshot! Interestingly most of the men were giving each other sage nods, which seems to suggest that there is a gender bias in the accuracy of this statement.

Gadget
11th-October-2004, 12:11 PM
How about this one:
Does the improvement in your dancing relate to any improvement between the sheets?
(and I don't mean "Yes; I now have a body in there with me!" :rolleyes: )

drathzel
11th-October-2004, 01:51 PM

But of course!!! Its better with an audience!!

drathzel
11th-October-2004, 01:52 PM

Ah but at least he voices what everyone else thinks!!

drathzel
11th-October-2004, 01:53 PM
How about this one:
Does the improvement in your dancing relate to any improvement between the sheets?

Unfortunately i haven't had the opertunity to find out since i started dancing!!

Graham
11th-October-2004, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately i haven't had the opertunity to find out since i started dancing!!
Don't worry - I'm sure you'll let us know when the opportunity arises. :devil:

Piglet
12th-October-2004, 12:38 PM

Hi Sal,

I've watched a Body Language programme that sort of said that relationships are like a dance - the more in tune you are with each other the better you will dance together... its all about reading signals and responding subconciously to each other. Interesting stuff - can't remember the name of the programme though. :blush:

It seemed to make sense and I definitely dance better with some men than others - me and my mate reckon we click with certain men and not always the same ones (thank goodness - lol) Not that I'm looking for a man - just wish I could persuade my boyfriend to try Ceroc - any tips? undefinedundefined

xSalsa_Angelx
12th-October-2004, 01:00 PM
How about this one:

Hi Gadget :D

Well I had this conversation with my fiance last night about the same thing, Just came back from salsa class (I had to be a man ....first time ever) and danced with this girl, well I said to my fiance, "she must lie like a sack of tatties in bed, cos she does not move and has no rythmn" and of course me being a little mover on the floor well ........erm ...... :innocent: :rofl:

xSalsa_Angelx
12th-October-2004, 01:03 PM
Hi Sal,

I've watched a Body Language programme that sort of said that relationships are like a dance - the more in tune you are with each other the better you will dance together... its all about reading signals and responding subconciously to each other. Interesting stuff - can't remember the name of the programme though. :blush:

It seemed to make sense and I definitely dance better with some men than others - me and my mate reckon we click with certain men and not always the same ones (thank goodness - lol) Not that I'm looking for a man - just wish I could persuade my boyfriend to try Ceroc - any tips? undefinedundefined

Well I dare say that is True, only known my fiance for a month now, we went to a wedding never danced together before (we have this thing with being in tune with each other)
we did ballroom dancing together at the wedding, He had done ballroom before but I have not done any in my life, and he led me round the dance floor like we were proffessionals, everyone commented on how great we looked as a couple and on the dance floor.
So yeh it must be true :D

sars
12th-October-2004, 04:36 PM
i dont think u can tell that much what a person is like from there body language on the dance floor as there could be so much variation in one persons dance style. for eg who there dancing with, what there dancing to an whether they actually like the song an who there with is also a major factor. i agree that yeah if someone has no beat never mind rythm they aint gonna be able to dance well an prob wont be that gud in bed that goes for gals an guys!!!

LoveBunny
13th-October-2004, 02:47 PM
Yes you can gain some information about people...for example whether they are a confident person or not, if they take risks with their dancing then maybe they will in life also...also if they are arrogant this comes across in their dancing...and the mood of the person generally comes across.

Pete
13th-October-2004, 07:12 PM
Someone described my attempt at a comb-and-lunge as:
"Like something from a Carry On Film". :sick:

drathzel
14th-October-2004, 08:30 AM
Someone described my attempt at a comb-and-lunge as:
"Like something from a Carry On Film". :sick:
i love carry on films.... i'd like to see that! :wink:

bigdjiver
14th-October-2004, 10:18 AM
Yes you can gain some information about people...for example whether they are a confident person or not, if they take risks with their dancing then maybe they will in life also...also if they are arrogant this comes across in their dancing...and the mood of the person generally comes across.At the Jook Jive Blues workshop I struck up a conversation with a lady who said that you could tell a lot about a persons character from the way they walked. Her method was based on an ancient Egyptian idea of people having the characteristics of animals, being divided, for their purposes, into Bulls, Lions, Birds and Snakes. (some material for the comedians here?)

Anyway, allegedly I am "an apologetic lion".

Gordon J Pownall
14th-October-2004, 11:47 AM
At the Jook Jive Blues workshop I struck up a conversation with a lady who said that you could tell a lot about a persons character from the way they walked.

I've heard this as well - don't read much into it.......

Most people will tell something about themselves to you (when you meet for the first time) and this gives a greater insight than anything else (IMHO)....

At the end of the day tho', we see / hear / feel / experience what we want to and what are minds seek to do is reinforce what it already holds as true.

That is why some people are attracted to redheads / blondes / short / tall / etc and the thought of this for another person is offensive......

We seek out what we need to reinforce our own perceptions of the world and the people in it.......(IMHO)

(When I finish my PhD in Applied Psychotherapy, I'll let you read my thesis on perception.....!)

Gordy...x

bigdjiver
14th-October-2004, 03:05 PM
I've heard this as well - don't read much into it.......I was a sceptic, but now I'm sceptical about my scepticism.

Most people will tell something about themselves to you (when you meet for the first time) and this gives a greater insight than anything else (IMHO)....

At the end of the day tho', we see / hear / feel / experience what we want to and what are minds seek to do is reinforce what it already holds as true. I would have guessed "Bull", as in china shop, but it is interesting to look at yourself from another direction, and contemplate whether I should be curbing the Lion or the apologising.

That is why some people are attracted to redheads / blondes / short / tall / etc and the thought of this for another person is offensive...... i.e. most guys are the some people, and their girlfriends are the "anothers"?

We seek out what we need to reinforce our own perceptions of the world and the people in it.......(IMHO)Everybody knows that the people that agree with us are the most intelligent and discerning members of society.

(When I finish my PhD in Applied Psychotherapy, I'll let you read my thesis on perception.....!) I regret I probably will not have time to read it until I have completed my practical on living. :tears:

Lory
14th-October-2004, 03:19 PM
I was a sceptic, but now I'm sceptical about my scepticism.

Everybody knows that the people that agree with us are the most intelligent and discerning members of society. :yeah: :D