PDA

View Full Version : Sunday T-Jive, Yeah Baby Yeah!

Toby wan Kenobe
7th-October-2004, 11:03 AM
We're running another Sunday T-Jive this Sunday 10th October...

Fun and friendly relaxed atmosphere, loungey sofas and chilled out volume so’s you can sit around and chat as well as have a boogie. Over two hours of DJ Kenobe freestyle! Classy dancers, unique tunes and a little elbow space. Oh yeah and tea and cakes :D

2.00pm Master Class with Amir & .....
TangoJive Fusion class.

3.00-5.00pm The Kenobe Dance Experience
Da Kenobe mix of lounge swing, latin funk, nu-tango, laid back blues and chart hits. Suits you Sir!

Where? Hammersmith Club, Rutland Grove, Hammersmith, London W6.

Divissima
8th-October-2004, 12:30 PM
Should be a good one. It's Jane (aka Daisy)'s Ray's birthday - so we shall be extra festive.

Daisy
10th-October-2004, 11:56 PM
Great T-Dance this afternoon. Lovely atmosphere and not too crowded. :nice:

Ray would like me to thank all the ladies for his birthday dances :kiss: ......also Will, Clay and David B for their attempt to dance. Stick to leading lads! :rofl:

LOL Daisy :flower:

PS Lovely cakes :drool:

Toby wan Kenobe
7th-November-2004, 06:29 PM
Next Sunday T-Jive is Sunday 21st of November...
Yes, I know it's on at the same time as the "Ceroc" one!!! But this is the only Sunday in November when all the Jango team are in London together!!!!! :blush:
I'm sure you know the poop by now.... but if anybody's forgotten...

Fun and friendly relaxed atmosphere, loungey sofas and chilled out volume so’s you can sit around and chat as well as have a boogie. Over two hours of DJ Kenobe freestyle! Classy dancers, unique tunes and a little elbow space. Oh yeah and tea and cakes. please, Please PLEASE Sparkles. :flower: :clap:

2.00pm Master Class with Amir & .....
TangoJive Fusion class.

3.00-5.30pm The Kenobe Dance Experience
Da Kenobe mix of Phat Sounds - lounge swing, latin funk, nu-tango, laid back blues and funky house hits. Suits you Sir!

Where? Hammersmith Club Society, Rutland Grove, Hammersmith, London W6 (Full details and map can be found under the Jango thread).

Look forward to seeing you there.
P.S - And Ladies --- this month you're in absolutely no danger of having to do a birthday dance with Ray!! :wink:
P.P.S - Following an appearance at The Big Love Show, the new Kenobe speakers are fully run in (thanks JB) and sounding fab-tastic.

Andy McGregor
7th-November-2004, 06:56 PM
P.P.S - Following an appearance at The Big Love Show, the new Kenobe speakers are fully run in (thanks JB) and sounding fab-tastic.

I thought the Mackies were being interfered with from behind by JB's JBLs. I wonder what the 'L' stands for? :innocent:

Daisy
7th-November-2004, 08:34 PM
P.S - And Ladies --- this month you're in absolutely no danger of having to do a birthday dance with Ray!! :wink:

You are in soooo much trouble now! :wink:

Your sounding more like Fluff Freeman every day......and Ray says you look about the same age too. :rofl:

Toby wan Kenobe
8th-November-2004, 12:20 AM
You are in soooo much trouble now! :wink:

Your sounding more like Fluff Freeman every day......and Ray says you look about the same age too. :rofl:

Daisy - You are inspiring me on to 'Fluff Freeman' greatness...
http://www.radioacademy.org/halloffame/freeman_a/sounds/clip9.mp3

From now on Da Kenobe Dance Experience will be known as 'da Pick Of da Pops', I'll open the show with the immortal words - 'Greetings, pop pickers' and will now feature a 'Housewives' Choice' segment, or maybe in this case - Ray the Housewife's choice. :rofl: :rofl:

And I've got a new signature tune... :clap:
http://www.radioacademy.org/halloffame/freeman_a/sounds/clip3.mp3

Diane
8th-November-2004, 12:33 AM

:rofl: :rofl:

Whitebeard
8th-November-2004, 01:29 AM
http://www.radioacademy.org/halloff...ounds/clip3.mp3

Diane, get up off the floor and dance girl.

Cor, that was great, and now I'm on the floor exhausted.

Daisy
8th-November-2004, 01:38 AM
Daisy - You are inspiring me on to 'Fluff Freeman' greatness...
http://www.radioacademy.org/halloffame/freeman_a/sounds/clip9.mp3

From now on Da Kenobe Dance Experience will be known as 'da Pick Of da Pops', I'll open the show with the immortal words - 'Greetings, pop pickers' and will now feature a 'Housewives' Choice' segment, or maybe in this case - Ray the Housewife's choice. :rofl: :rofl:

NOW THEN, NOW THEN, NOW THEN!!! (wobble wobble wobble) :rofl:

You've got it wrong Fluff, it's pick of the FLOPS!!! :whistle:

This is your old pal Jimbo signin off (wobble wobble wobble) :rofl:

http://www.radiorewind.co.uk/sounds/Brother_top_40_theme_clip.mp3

Daisy
8th-November-2004, 01:40 AM
I wonder if there are any other aging DJ's out there?

Let's be hearing from you tune spinners. Do include your jingle. :clap:

Divissima
18th-November-2004, 05:05 PM
Just a reminder about this Sunday's (21st November) T-Jive.

Anyone in need of a relaxed and chilled out Sunday afternoon after the heady rush of Jive Masters magic should head on over for the usual fare...

Featuring:

2.00pm Master Class with Amir & Kate
TangoJive Fusion class.

3.00-5.00pm The Kenobe Dance Experience
Da Kenobe mix of lounge swing, latin funk, nu-tango, laid back blues and chart hits. Suits you Sir!

3.00-5.00pm The Divissima Tea Wench Extravaganza
Divi will man the tea* urn to ensure that all T-jivers get a steaming hot brew

Where? Hammersmith Club, Rutland Grove, Hammersmith, London W6.

(* also serving coffee)

Will
19th-November-2004, 11:40 AM
I think the other thing that needs to be pointed out about this event is that the bar next door to the dance floor sells the cheapest beer I know of in London. £1.80 per pint of 1664 or Fosters for example. It also has Satellite TV so that the guys can keep tabs on the Sunday afternoon football scores in between dancing.

Now that's what I call a dance venue! :cheers:

Toby wan Kenobe
19th-November-2004, 11:25 PM
Hijacked from the DJ Booth thread...

Zeb Dub,
Tell you what, if you come to the T-Jive on Sunday I'll play Whatever Lola Wants (GPmix), Santa Maria, and.... if you bring some biccies......, I'll even play some fabby tracks off the new Pink Martini CD. :D
:kiss:
TwK

:waycool: Ooohh Toby......you are very tempting !
I'm supposed to be sailing on Sunday...and now I'm not sure :really:
Maybe......if there's no wind and it's really cold.... :cool: ;) :rolleyes:
ZW :hug:
I've got some of those Balhsen biccies which are mostly chocolate too....
But if I stay here I don't have to share them .......hmmmm :what:
How about if I promise...
- there'll be no Prydz or Lola's theme? :D
- and I won't tuck into more than 1 of your Balhsen's? :whistle:

TwK

ChrisA
20th-November-2004, 12:37 AM
How about if I promise...
- there'll be no Prydz or Lola's theme? :D

Nothing to look forward to, then, as usual :devil: :rofl:

Minnie M
20th-November-2004, 03:16 AM
Love the avatar TWK :yeah:

Sparkles
20th-November-2004, 03:36 AM
Am tempted to make more cake for this Sunday...
(I didn't poison anyone last time, did I?)

Love the avatar TWK

:yeah:

Sheepman
20th-November-2004, 12:33 PM
(I didn't poison anyone last time, did I?) Hmmm, that reminds me, I've not been feeling well for quite some time . . . :devil:

Greg

Toby wan Kenobe
20th-November-2004, 04:31 PM
Love the avatar TWK :yeah:
Thanks,
It's from a digital pic Divi took (she's a fab photographer!)
She then had it jazzed up and mounted :eek: for my birthday last year. I love the pic and have finally got round to squeezing it into an avatar..

Toby wan Kenobe
20th-November-2004, 04:36 PM
Am tempted to make more cake for this Sunday...
(I didn't poison anyone last time, did I?)

Sparkles,

Ignore that cheeky Sheep-person, you would make a lot of people very, VERY happy :yum: if you make more cake.... cakes even... yes, lots of cakes... :clap: :clap:

TwK

Divissima
20th-November-2004, 06:39 PM
The cakes were sublime, Sparkles, but far more important that you should head out to Walthamstow tonight, I reckon.

Lory
20th-November-2004, 07:25 PM
Hmmm, that reminds me, I've not been feeling well for quite some time . . . :devil:

GregI doubt it's anything to do with sparkles cakes, I suspect you just have a mild case of Jivemasteritus! (I've heard it's going round) :whistle: You'll be fine tomorrow! :wink: :hug:

Divissima
21st-November-2004, 08:49 PM
What a lovely afternoon. I want to post up a huge thank you to Sparkles who baked the most delicious sponge cake with chocolate icing (and minstrels on the top) :drool: - I'm getting all Pavlov's dog just thinking about it :devil:

Zebra Woman
22nd-November-2004, 11:20 AM
What a lovely afternoon. I want to post up a huge thank you to Sparkles who baked the most delicious sponge cake with chocolate icing (and minstrels on the top)
:drool:Me too, that was my kind cake, thanks Sparkles...and what a great dance too, you're my favourite lady lead by miles :worthy:

I had a really lovely time. Such compelling music from TWK too...he even played a track I wanted without me asking! That is quality DJ- ing :worthy: And no 'Call On Me' or 'Lola's Theme' - true to his word. :waycool: :hug:

I will be back....with my stripey gloves and a spare top and I'll bring the Bahlsen biscuits next time......sorry I think I had a touch of Jivemasteritus
ZW :kiss:

Sheepman
22nd-November-2004, 03:46 PM
The cakes were fabulous of course (both this month and last) :worthy:
And so was the assembled company. I looked around half way through the afternoon, and realised that about 1/3 of the people there were Jive Masters competitors, but without Simon and Nicole there, that was probably less than the norm!
And if that sounds elitist, well my favourite dances were with a "beginner" who's only been MJing for about a year. :worthy:

Greg

Simon r
22nd-November-2004, 04:14 PM
we will try and come to the next one
were trying to put together a couple of caberets one for ourselves the other for twyford christmas party and will be all the taxi dancers from bill and bexs venues....
Teach now every sunday at 7.30 so will come and then run ....

sounds like you had a cool time... :rolleyes: