PDA

View Full Version : Remember this?

Lory
7th-October-2004, 09:58 AM
Anyone old enough to remember 'Rainbow' (http://rainbow.arch.scriptmania.com/rainbow_tv_episode.html) ? :D

Oh Gordon, your gonna love this one! :wink: :rofl:

Warning! Watch it before you decide to gather the kids round to share in your nostalgic moment! :whistle:

under par
7th-October-2004, 10:09 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :yeah:

Graham
7th-October-2004, 12:16 PM
:rofl: This is priceless! :rofl:

Gordon J Pownall
7th-October-2004, 03:20 PM
Oh Gordon, your gonna love this one! :wink: :rofl:

Warning! Watch it before you decide to gather the kids round to share in your nostalgic moment! :whistle:

The whole office has just been in tears and fits of laughter - four other Managers have joined us to see what all the noise is about and found five senior social work Managers rolling about in tears...

Yep - we watched it again and had, by then end of the viewing 14 people in the office in tears of laughter to the point of coughing up lungs, snot flowing everywhere and tissues a plenty..

Marvellous....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

drathzel
7th-October-2004, 03:46 PM
i think i just wet myself. :blush: ..... why didn't it seem like that to me as a kid!! No wonder i turned out the way i am! I loved rainbow!!

Rhythm King
7th-October-2004, 04:21 PM
Makes The Magic Roundabout seem like a sensible programme for grown-ups! :rofl:

Stuart
7th-October-2004, 10:57 PM
It cheered me up after a bad day at work.

Jon L
8th-October-2004, 12:26 AM
I can't believe that got to air - I am sure it must have been a rehearsal. :D

Bangers & Mash
8th-October-2004, 12:41 AM
wonder if you can dance to it..

certainly the musical interpretation would be interesting :rofl: :rofl:

Yliander
8th-October-2004, 05:43 AM
OH my GOD!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I used to watch this ..... so much is explained LOL

Gadget
8th-October-2004, 08:37 AM
I can't believe that got to air - I am sure it must have been a rehearsal. :D
Nope: I know someone who has it on Video - recorded from TV.

Bangers & Mash
8th-October-2004, 09:36 AM

You know somebody who's got that on video.?

Do you think that somebody who taped Rainow would be a fit parent?!!

:rofl:

drathzel
8th-October-2004, 10:16 AM
You know somebody who's got that on video.?

Do you think that somebody who taped Rainow would be a fit parent?!!

:rofl:

But was the 70's not all about free love and all that? It would have been seen as ok to show your kids that, would it not! :what:

Gadget
8th-October-2004, 10:25 AM
:rofl: He dosn't have kids! (Although I'm sure it was coppied from someone who does :D)

Jive Brummie
8th-October-2004, 10:36 AM
Lory, that was brilliant.

James x x

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

drathzel
8th-October-2004, 11:00 AM
I had all the girls in the office laughing, then we sent it to the manager and directors, who all loved it but ould believe it was actually aired. On thought it was just a rehursal but i said it wasn't i told them gadgets friend had it!!! It has sparked a big discussion in office!!!

We all found it very funny :rofl:

ToeTrampler
8th-October-2004, 11:03 AM

Surprised to hear that as this clip is a trial produced to pitch the idea to T.V executives and get the series commissioned. The innuendo is there to relieve the boredom, get it noticed, and also to show the presenters can keep a straight face while saying stupid things (i.e. a Rainbow script).

I would think it has probably been show on 'Tarrant on TV' or similar as it is a gem of a clip (thanks Lory :cheers: ).

I've seen some similar trials for quiz and game show (mostly Scottish Television) but they are not up to this Rainbow standard :worthy:

p.s. T.V. = Television (Nothing to do with guys in frocks :D )

Graham
8th-October-2004, 11:18 AM
It has been screened on TV since, but that clip was not from the originally broadcast series. It was specially recorded for a Thames Television VT department Christmas tape. Normally these tapes feature out-takes, with the occasional piece done specially, which this was.

It has been said that this was a "pilot", but as Geoffrey and the Bungle in the clip only joined the show after it had been running for a few months, this is clearly a myth.

philsmove
8th-October-2004, 06:25 PM
yes I remember
14 May 2004
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2920&highlight=rainbow