PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Freestyle Nights

Jayne
7th-October-2004, 09:52 AM
I know, I know... it's only October - but some of us need to plan "things" you know!

Does anyone know when & where the Christmas Special Freestyle nights are this year? Dates & locations are all I need (preferably in the London area - but I guess I'll get the Scottish dates too :rolleyes: )

Many thanks!

J :nice:

johnah
7th-October-2004, 05:32 PM
I know, I know... it's only October - but some of us need to plan "things" you know!

Does anyone know when & where the Christmas Special Freestyle nights are this year?

Jive Addiction has a Glitter & Sparkle [dress to impress] Christmas Freestyle in Nottingham on Friday 17 December at County Hall, West Bridgford. Lovely venue, with dancing from 7:45pm to 12:30am. Buffet and dance only £15. For more info email john@jiveaddiction.com.
:flower:

www.jiveaddiction.com

Dance Demon
7th-October-2004, 05:43 PM
Route 66 has a Christmas freestyle onFriday17th December. Theme for this years "JINGLE BELL JIVE" is the Big Top Circus, so plenty time to sort out your outfits...... :clap: :clap: ..............but only a week if you are coming to our 2nd anniversary bash on 15th October where the theme is Musicals..... :wink:

lindyloo
7th-October-2004, 08:46 PM
Ashton's is doing it's posh frock "Black & White Ball" with lots of added entertainment, including champagne & nibbles on 27th Dec.
Tickets £10 in Oct, £15 in Nov, £20 in Dec

Divissima
7th-October-2004, 11:41 PM
Two for your diaries!

Saturday 18th December – Christmas Party at Loddon Hall, Twyford

Friday 24th December – Christmas Eve Freestyle at Loddon Hall, Twyford

I'll definitely be there on 18th but Christmas Eve might be a bit difficult as I'll have to get out to my folks in the Midlands afterwards. I might see if I can work it out as it would be great to dance on Christmas Eve.

Jayne
8th-October-2004, 09:24 AM
Thank you!

Keep the dates coming in though...

Ta

Franck
8th-October-2004, 10:29 AM
Keep the dates coming in though...for those of you lucky enough to live in Scotland or visiting during the festive period there are a few exciting nights to look forward to!

• Tuesday 21st December: Aberdeen, late night finish at the Culter Mills Club, Santa outfits, fun class and chocolates... Pay at the door (£7.00)

• Thursday 23rd December: Ceroc Scotland WHITE CHRISTMAS Party in the prestigious Albert Halls in Stirling. Theme is 'White Christmas' dancing until 2.00am. Special class by James & Melanie!
Tickets only (£10.00)

• Monday 27th December: Ceroc Edinburgh party: ALL THAT SPARKLES!
Marco's Leisure centre. Tickets only (£7.00)

Jayne
8th-October-2004, 10:43 AM
Just had an e-mail saying that the Hipsters festive event is 21st December.

Peter
8th-October-2004, 10:57 AM
Coralie has a JivePlus party. Details below. I have never been but am considering it - any forumites recommend it? Coralie says "Last year we had 300 dancers from all over the country and had a fab romp of a time"

XMAS JIVE PARTY - Wednesday 29 December 8.00 pm - 1.00 am at the Rover Sports & Social Club, EMPEROR Ballroom, Roman Way, Horspath, Cowley, Oxford OX4 6NL
Fab fun lesson from Andy and Hevmate (Ed - oops, maybe this does not count as a freestyle night)
Cabaret: ROCK BOTTOMS team and more to come......
DJ - 'The' Jon Brett
Palm-readings with Ash
Cake and sparkling wine at midnight

www.jiveplus.com

Bigger Andy
8th-October-2004, 12:30 PM
Christmas Freestyle Night
in Canterbury.

JIVE HIVE CHRISTMAS PARTY
Saturday 11th December 2004
Ashford Road Community Association Hall,
151 Ashford Road (A28)
Thanington Without, Canterbury Kent
Entrance at the door £7.50
7.45pm until 11.30pm

With all the usual Christmas goodies Mince Pies, Balloons,
Party Poppers, Sweets & Special Christmas Raffle
(Please bring your own refreshments)

Email dance@jivehive.co.uk
Website www.jivehive.co.uk
Tel: - 07751 362949

Dance Demon
9th-October-2004, 10:05 AM
BIG...HOGMANAY BALL........on 31st December of course...in PORTOBELLO TOWN HALL, EDINBURGH. theme is Black & White.........a chance to don your posh frocks ladies, and get those tux's out guys. Freestyle night with cabarets, and music supplied by Dance Demon and Boogie Chick........... :clap: :clap:

Bangers & Mash
9th-October-2004, 11:06 AM
Is this all - come on guys, there are 31 days in December :wink:

Christmas Events

15th October
Route 66
2nd anniversary bash on 15th October where the theme is Musicals.....

11th December
Christmas Freestyle Night
in Canterbury.

JIVE HIVE CHRISTMAS PARTY
Saturday 11th December 2004
Ashford Road Community Association Hall,
151 Ashford Road (A28)
Thanington Without, Canterbury Kent
Entrance at the door £7.50
7.45pm until 11.30pm

With all the usual Christmas goodies Mince Pies, Balloons,
Party Poppers, Sweets & Special Christmas Raffle
(Please bring your own refreshments)

Email dance@jivehive.co.uk
Website www.jivehive.co.uk
Tel: - 07751 362949

17 December
Jive Addiction has a Glitter & Sparkle [dress to impress] Christmas Freestyle in Nottingham on Friday 17 December at County Hall, West Bridgford. Lovely venue, with dancing from 7:45pm to 12:30am. Buffet and dance only £15

For more info email john@jiveaddiction.com.

www.jiveaddiction.com

17th December

Route 66 has a Christmas freestyle on Friday17th December. Theme for this years "JINGLE BELL JIVE" is the Big Top Circus, so plenty time to sort out your outfits...... ..............but only a week if you are coming to our 2nd anniversary bash on 15th October where the theme is Musicals.....

18th December

Saturday 18th December – Christmas Party at Loddon Hall, Twyford

21st December

• Tuesday 21st December: Aberdeen, late night finish at the Culter Mills Club, Santa outfits, fun class and chocolates... Pay at the door (£7.00)

21st December

Just had an e-mail saying that the Hipsters festive event is 21st December.

23rd December

• Thursday 23rd December: Ceroc Scotland WHITE CHRISTMAS Party in the prestigious Albert Halls in Stirling. Theme is 'White Christmas' dancing until 2.00am. Special class by James & Melanie!
Tickets only (£10.00)

24th December

Friday 24th December – Christmas Eve Freestyle at Loddon Hall, Twyford

27th December

• Monday 27th December: Ceroc Edinburgh party: ALL THAT SPARKLES!
Marco's Leisure centre. Tickets only (£7.00)
27th Dec
Ashton's is doing it's posh frock "Black & White Ball" with lots of added entertainment, including champagne & nibbles on 27th Dec.
Tickets £10 in Oct, £15 in Nov, £20 in Dec

29th December

XMAS JIVE PARTY - Wednesday 29 December 8.00 pm - 1.00 am at the Rover Sports & Social Club, EMPEROR Ballroom, Roman Way, Horspath, Cowley, Oxford OX4 6NL
Fab fun lesson from Andy and Hevmate (Ed - oops, maybe this does not count as a freestyle night)
DJ - 'The' Jon Brett
Palm-readings with Ash

31st December

BIG...HOGMANAY BALL........on 31st December of course...in PORTOBELLO TOWN HALL, EDINBURGH. theme is Black & White.........a chance to don your posh frocks ladies, and get those tux's out guys. Freestyle night with cabarets, and music supplied by Dance Demon and Boogie Chick...........

Lindsay
9th-October-2004, 04:07 PM
BIG...HOGMANAY BALL........on 31st December of course...in PORTOBELLO TOWN HALL, EDINBURGH. theme is Black & White.........a chance to don your posh frocks ladies, and get those tux's out guys. Freestyle night with cabarets, and music supplied by Dance Demon and Boogie Chick........... :clap: :clap:

a black tie bash, DWAS competition, and cabaret involving nudity.
:cheers:

Dance Demon
27th-November-2004, 04:27 PM
Route 66 has a Christmas freestyle onFriday17th December. Theme for this years "JINGLE BELL JIVE" is the Big Top Circus, so plenty time to sort out your outfits......

Ladies tickets all sold now ( 'cept for those on the reserved list)....still a few men's tickets left, but they're going fast.........:wink:

djtrev
27th-November-2004, 06:45 PM
Dont expect many of you would want to make the trip but hell I contribute to this forum.

December 16th THETFORD - CARNEGIE ROOMS
8:00 till 12:00
DANCING TO AN 11 PIECE BAND-OCEANS ELEVEN
DJTREV WILL BE PLAYING DURING THE BAND BREAKS

Lynn
27th-November-2004, 06:49 PM
To add to the list...
Post Christmas party - Wed 29th December, Belfast Boat Club, Stranmillis
With... DJ Lynn :rofl:

OK - maybe not very relevant in the grander scale of forumite events, but only 2nd ever freestyle in Belfast... and there will be at least 2 forumites there!

Northants Girly
28th-November-2004, 12:45 AM
MASKED BALL
MONDAY 27TH DECEMBER 2004

THE DAVENTRY LEISURE CENTRE
8.00PM to 1.30AM

tickets £12.50 (in advance)

Bangers & Mash
28th-November-2004, 10:08 AM
Don't forget the Strictly Sinful class in Edinburgh with Mikey on Sat 18th December, :blush: followed by a mass expedition to Egos in the evening. :waycool:

I'll be there for that one!!

Gus
28th-November-2004, 11:39 AM
For those venturing north of Birmingham we have the following events;

Thursday 23rd Dec. Last club night of the yaers at Blitz Northwich. Extra hour freestyle!

Monday 27th Dec. Cool Catz Post Xmas freestyle at Knutsford Civic Centre

Thursday 30th Dec. Last class night of the year atCool Catz at Knutsford Civic Centre. WCS and advanced jive lessons and plenty of freestyle.

Robin
29th-November-2004, 04:27 AM
Not forgetting the Chigwell (CerocMetro) Black Tie Ball on the 19th

... and ... whilst I know its not a xmas dance, we've got a nice one on the 1/1/06 at Finchley (North London) - New Years Day Saturday evening chillout dance - smooth grooves/blues etc - Croissants and Coffee at 12 too .. oh and Adam will be back over here for it , so anyone missing out on dances with him , sign the dance card :whistle:

Dance Demon
29th-November-2004, 06:43 AM
we've got a nice one on the 1/1/06 at Finchley (North London) - New Years Day Saturday evening chillout dance -

Wow,...nothing like giving plenty of notice......most of us are still planning what to do in 2005:wink:

Bangers & Mash
29th-November-2004, 12:13 PM
Not forgetting the Chigwell (CerocMetro) Black Tie Ball on the 19th

... and ... whilst I know its not a xmas dance, we've got a nice one on the 1/1/06 at Finchley (North London)

New Years Eve 2020, at the "Scot Studios" (built on the site of Marcos that was demolished in April 2008) - with the "Jive Aces Junior" band :rofl:

Franck
29th-November-2004, 12:35 PM
Just a quick reminder that tickets for our best ever Christmas Party in the magnificent Stirling Albert Halls on Thursday 23rd December are selling fast.
You can buy them online via the Subscriptions Page, (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/subscriptions.php?) or drop me an email to reserve one.

• Demo/cabaret and class by James & Melanie, chocolates, Christmas surprises and dancing until 2.00am!
Music will be provided by the inimitable Ceroc Jock and the fabulously smooth Dance Demon! :waycool:

• Theme for the night will be A White Christmas and I look forward to seeing you all there...

Don't worry if you're working the next day... who does any real work on Christmas eve :whistle: :D

Mr Fitz
29th-November-2004, 12:54 PM
Don't worry if you're working the next day... who does any real work on Christmas eve :whistle: :D

SANTA!

Franck
29th-November-2004, 01:58 PM
SANTA!Good point :D but as it turns out, I have it on great authority that Santa will make an appearance on the 23rd in Stirling :wink:

Bigger Andy
29th-November-2004, 02:11 PM
Special Modern Jive Christmas Eve Party
on 24th December 2004
run by Nicky & Jim of Dance Riviera
at The Orpington Halls, 311 Orpington High Street
(by the war memorial roundabout) Orpington Kent BR6 0NN.

Tickets will be £9 in advance or £10 at the door. The tickets will be limited, so please telephone or visit their website to check availability.

Doors open 8pm there will be a fun lesson at 8.30pm followed by Freestyle until 11.30pm. There will be 2 DJ's - Jim, & John from Jive Hive.

Christmas Crackers & goodies will be available, and your first beer or wine is included, there will be free squash & water all evening. Please bring your own alcohol or soft drinks.

Contact Nicky & Jim on 020 8692 3821 for more details.

This event is likely to book up very quickly, as there are not many dance events on Christmas Eve, so don't leave it too late.

Sheepman
29th-November-2004, 02:47 PM
Nobody's mentioned this one yet, though I'm not sure that it is billed specifically as a Christmas party:-

18th December, 7:45 to 11:45. Old Barn Hall, Gt Bookham, Surrey. £5 in advance. email jag_jive@hotmail.com. Soft drinks available, BYO alcohol.

I'll be there, but unless you book in advance, you won't, they nearly always sell out, as numbers are strictly limited so that we can enjoy the dancing.

Greg

CJ
29th-November-2004, 03:05 PM
Good point :D but as it turns out, I have it on great authority that Santa will make an appearance on the 23rd in Stirling :wink:

as will one of his elves!! :wink:

Almost an Angel
29th-November-2004, 03:10 PM
For those of you wanting to party in the south we have the following:

Sunday 19 Dec - Surrey Xmas Ball at HG Wells Centre Woking

Thursday 23 Dec - Fleet Xmas Party at Harlington Centre Fleet

And for those of you who haven't yet organised their New Years Party

Friday 31 Dec New Years Eve Party at Bisley, Woking.
Which will have not only Ceroc but also WCS, two rooms and two styles means double the fun. :clap:

Also the fabulous Paul Warden :worthy: will be teaching WCS at Surbiton on Fridays from the 7 Jan in addition to having Ceroc upstairs.

Jooles
30th-November-2004, 05:56 PM
Does anybody have any more info on the party on New Years Day. Sounds like a good way to start the year

Dan Hudson
1st-December-2004, 03:05 PM
Ceroc Greenwich are having a Christmas Party on Tuesday 21st Dec....

West Greenwich Community Centre
Greenwich High Rd
London SE10

Normal admission prices apply..... DWAS competition, double trouble dance off!!

Sounds from the coolest DJ around... Dan the man :waycool:

Free entry to forumites.... just PM me beforehand

7.30pm till ??? awaiting on extension confirmation!!

Be there or miss out :clap:

Dance Demon
2nd-December-2004, 12:19 AM
ROUTE 66 CHRISTMAS PARTY ON 17TH DECEMBER IS NOW SOLD OUT!!!!
SO IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT A TICKET, PLEASE DO NOT COME AS UNFORTUNATELY WE'LL HAVE TO TURN YOU AWAY. ADMISSION STRICTLY BY TICKET ONLY.

PS.....sorry for shouting :D

Lory
2nd-December-2004, 01:09 AM
ASHTONS

Friday 17th Dec

Dancing till 1am

with the last hour winding down with a

chillout blues session :drool:

Guest DJ's

Licenced Bar

Loads of Free Parking

:flower: Hope to see you all there! :flower:

Sheepman
2nd-December-2004, 12:43 PM
This is the one I plan to be doing into the small hours of Christmas day! :-

Christmas Eve Party, when? Surprisingly 24th December! 8 pm till 1 am. (Dancing till 12:30, then tea, coffee and cakes till 1 am)
At the Curzon Centre, Maxwell Rd, Beaconsfield, HP9 1RG. A NON SMOKING VENUE! £8 in advance £10 on the door.

2 dance floors; "The second dance floor would be for WCS, Blues and smooch..."

email thedanceinn@hotmail.com or PM me for more details, I'm already looking forward to this one more than Christmas!

Greg

bradders
2nd-December-2004, 12:49 PM
HAMMERSMITH XMAS PARTY
Saturday 11th December
Angels and Devils
(which are you??)
Dress in Red, white or black!
Champagne reception 8-9pm
Freestyle till 2am
Hot drinks and munchies at midnight
Bar extension
Lots of goodies
this will be a blinding night!

stewart38
2nd-December-2004, 05:04 PM

Christmas Eve Party, when? Surprisingly 24th December! 8 pm till 1 am. (Dancing till 12:30, then tea, coffee and cakes till 1 am)
At the Curzon Centre, Maxwell Rd, Beaconsfield, HP9 1RG. A NON SMOKING VENUE! £8 in advance £10 on the door.

email thedanceinn@hotmail.com or PM me for more details, I'm already looking forward to this one more than Christmas!

Greg

This looks good and fairly near by and I can take 'my friend'

How many people go to a 'christmas eve 'dance event ?

Its that or stand in pub or arrive at mums early, i know what id prefer but wouldnt want to go if only 12 people there.

Chesham have their xmas bash in 17th ! clashes with Ashtons :sad:

Mary
2nd-December-2004, 05:11 PM
It's the Greenford (Clubceroc) Xmas party tonight!!!! Food, cabarets and lots of other fun stuff. :cheers:

Oh, yeah, and maybe some dancing as well. :wink:

M

Gus
6th-December-2004, 01:28 PM
Well ... still recovering from our Saturday night event. The crew did a great effort in to do the venue up ... it looked great and we had a sold out house ... 240 dancers (we had about 30 last minute phone calls for tickets AFTER we posted the SOLD OUT signs!) :grin: Even had a royal visitation, the Oracle and Lily came ... rumour has it that DaveB actualy managed a comlete spin ... though it did take him a whole track to complete it. Great to see other forumites there ... including DavidY, RoyBoy and others whos names I've forgotten ( :blush: ).

Rhythm King
6th-December-2004, 04:07 PM
I've been invited by non-forumite (yet :wink: ) friends to a Leroc 2000 Black & Red Ball at Chipping Sodbury, this Saturday, 11th Dec. Given that I'm based in London and may not know anyone else, are any other forumites going?

R-K

Andy McGregor
6th-December-2004, 05:11 PM
One thing that stands out to me about Christmas freestyle nights is the price. Some of the nights seem like good value. They're in the usual venue, offer later opening or mince pies or some other delicacy and are asking for an extra pound or two. Whereas others seem to be cashing in on the whole Christmas thing. Here's a few examples;

27th December
Ceroc London
Ashtons B&W Ball
Costs £20

Normal Cost £7
What do you get for the extra £13? - Champagne and fairy cakes

19th December
Ceroc Metro
Chigwell Party
Cost £12

Normal Costs £7
What do you get for the extra £5? - 1 hour freestyle

19th December
Ceroc Surrey
Woking Xmas Party
Costs £10

Normal Costs £7
What do you get for the extra £3? - Cabaret

18th December
Ceroc Thames Valley
Twyford Xmas Party
Costs £10

Normal Costs £7
What do you get for the extra £3 - Cabaret & Champagne

21st December
Hipsters
Xmas Party Ealing
Costs £8

Normal Costs £6
What do you get for the extra £2? - 1/2 hour freestyle & Dance Show

If we compare the Twyford and Ashtons event, they both offer champagne which accounts for maybe £3 (that's if the cabaret is free to the Twyford organisers) which means that you're paying £10 for fairy cakes at Ashtons! My advice is to eat at least 10 cakes!

And what about Ceroc Metro? Nothing extra at all, just £5 for one hour of freestyle - don't leave early is my advice, that last hour is costing you about £1 for every 3 tracks you dance to!

And before you say it costs more because of the special date, take a look at those dates. They're not New Years Day, Christmas Day or a Bank Holiday, they're just a date in December - maybe the Ashtons date is a bit more special being between the two festivities so I might be wrong in my calculation of the cost of fairy cakes.

Gus
6th-December-2004, 05:31 PM
One thing that stands out to me about Christmas freestyle nights is the price. Some of the nights seem like good value. They're in the usual venue, offer later opening or mince pies or some other delicacy and are asking for an extra pound or two.Andy, I think its a case of supply and demand. The brutal truth is that its a time of the year when organisers CAN charge more and, as long as they dont charge silly prices like some of those you've illustrated, I think the general public accept that.

For the North, the standard fee is £7 for a freetsyle with £10 being teh going rate for the Xmas parties. As most of our events are already on till midnight, there is little point in adding additional freetsyle (most of our dancers seem to lie the midnight finish). However, all the venues make an extra effort with decoration and prizes etc. to help the party mood. Its good to see that most of the London prices are similar to the prices for us poor improverished Northerners. :wink:

stewart38
6th-December-2004, 05:41 PM
I've been invited by non-forumite (yet :wink: ) friends to a Leroc 2000 Black & Red Ball at Chipping Sodbury, this Saturday, 11th Dec. Given that I'm based in London and may not know anyone else, are any other forumites going?

R-K

I’m intrigued why is it called Leroc 2000 aren't they a bit late ? Or is that there name , i am not trying to be funny

stewart38
6th-December-2004, 05:49 PM
And before you say it costs more because of the special date, take a look at those dates. They're not New Years Day, Christmas Day or a Bank Holiday, they're just a date in December - maybe the Ashtons date is a bit more special being between the two festivities so I might be wrong in my calculation of the cost of fairy cakes.

Berkhampstead is £35 for New years eve that looks steep but maybe its the cost of the hall. Is it wrong for them to make money, its still 'cheap' relatively.

Windsor use to do 'something in a hotel' for about £40 but I see they are back on the £10. They use to do food as well on their xmas night but seem to run out each year so maybe that’s why they don’t do it now In fact they use to have food /bouncy castle bucking broncos type things all in the leisure centre ! Happy days

spindr
6th-December-2004, 06:03 PM
One thing that stands out to me about Christmas freestyle nights is the price.

Ah Andy,

Buy yourself a copy of "Dirty Dancing 2" for £12 and use your free voucher to get in to the Ceroc night of your choice -- there's no exemption clauses, or use by date on it :)

So, I reckon you could save yourself some cash and have a stocking filler ready for a dancing chum.

SpinDr.

Jayne
6th-December-2004, 06:09 PM
Buy yourself a copy of "Dirty Dancing 2" for £12 and use your free voucher to get in to the Ceroc night of your choice -- there's no exemption clauses, or use by date on it :)
I would *so* like to see someone try to get away with that at the most expensive Ceroc night we can find...

J :devil:

Franck
6th-December-2004, 06:31 PM
I would *so* like to see someone try to get away with that at the most expensive Ceroc night we can find...Why? :confused:

When it comes to pricing, many aspects can influence the increase. Typically, the venue will charge more in December (right through) because they tend to be busier with Office Parties etc...

At Ceroc Scotland, all regular venues will remain at the same price (despite finishing later than normal), except the Stirling White Christmas Party on Thursday 23rd December which will be £10.00.
The increase in that case is due to the cost of the fabulous Albert Halls and of course a very late night finish (2.00am :D ). By the time I add all the extra Christmas treats and surprises, I reckon I'll be out of pocket anyway, but well worth it as it should be a storming party :waycool:

Ultimately, supply and demand will rule and as long as hundreds of people want to attend a dance then the organizers might as well make a bit more money.

ElaineB
6th-December-2004, 09:00 PM

R-K

Lou is I am sure - I am off to the Ball at Weston Super Mare though! Unfortunately, they clashed this year, but I believe they are both sell outs, or nearly so!

Have fun if you go - and if you don't have fun anyway! :grin:

Elaine

lindyloo
7th-December-2004, 12:01 AM
27th December
Ceroc London
Ashtons B&W Ball
Costs £20

Normal Cost £7
What do you get for the extra £13? - Champagne and fairy cakes

Andy, please get your facts right first.
The ticket price was £10 in October, £15 in Nov & £20 in Dec

We have Champagne and lots of canapes between 8 - 9.30pm
There is a palmist walking round then reading fortunes.
There is another "hired" game
Plus coffee, fruit and cakes at midnight. There are 2 DJ's playing until 2am (probably later - last year they finished at 3.30am)
The venue is fully decorated with gas filled balloons and there will also be a photographer there
Anything else you'd like?

In my book that's extremely good value for £10 if you got your act into gear and bought a ticket in October.

(Just to add the venue costs me over £1500 to hire at XMas time - work that one out - theres not much profit!)

Andy McGregor
7th-December-2004, 02:01 AM
Andy, please get your facts right first.
The ticket price was £10 in October, £15 in Nov & £20 in Dec

I thought I had my facts right. I posted this in December, the price in December is £20.

Which "fact" did I get wrong?

So, if you can get the tickets in October for £10 why does the price double in December? I can see no reason at all :confused:

Andy McGregor
7th-December-2004, 02:02 AM
Anything else you'd like?

I would love to have a dance :wink:

LilyB
7th-December-2004, 02:24 AM
Well ... still recovering from our Saturday night event. The crew did a great effort in to do the venue up ... it looked great and we had a sold out house ... 240 dancers (we had about 30 last minute phone calls for tickets AFTER we posted the SOLD OUT signs!) :grin: Even had a royal visitation, the Oracle and Lily came ... rumour has it that DaveB actualy managed a comlete spin ... though it did take him a whole track to complete it. Great to see other forumites there ... including DavidY, RoyBoy and others whos names I've forgotten ( :blush: ).

And a brilliant night it was too! :flower: :cheers: Great venue, fab floor, cool music (but room for improvement on the WCS front :devil: ), such a friendly crowd (I barely got to sit down :what: ) and wonderful hospitality from the ODA himself :drool: and his venue manager Sheena, as well as from our hosts for the night, Mike and Sue :hug: :kiss:

Hope to be making our way up north again soon!

LilyB

LilyB
7th-December-2004, 02:27 AM
....... the Stirling White Christmas Party on Thursday 23rd December which will be £10.00.
The increase in that case is due to the cost of the fabulous Albert Halls and of course a very late night finish (2.00am :D ). By the time I add all the extra Christmas treats and surprises, I reckon I'll be out of pocket anyway, but well worth it as it should be a storming party :waycool:

Wish I was going!!! :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Robin
7th-December-2004, 03:02 AM
One thing that stands out to me about Christmas freestyle nights is the price. Some of the nights seem like good value. They're in the usual venue, offer later opening or mince pies or some other delicacy and are asking for an extra pound or two. Whereas others seem to be cashing in on the whole Christmas thing. Here's a few examples;
19th December
Ceroc Metro
Chigwell Party
Cost £12

Normal Costs £7
What do you get for the extra £5? - 1 hour freestyle

[Adam Nathanson Mode On]
Sorry to pull you up on this Andy, but Adam would never forgive me - especially as he is only on dialup out ther in NZ !
The CerocMetro Xmas Ball is now in its 11th year ... includes nibbles, mince pies, bubbly and a cabaret / fun thing ... I believe this year we may be seeing someone perform from the Jivemasters final! So its not just an extra hour dancing you get for your money(even if its Tezi & myself Djing ;) )

Just so you know, the Ball usually sells out 75% in the first 24 hours ... last year (or th year before - can't remember which) they sold out completely in 48 hours !
[Nathanson Mode Off - Regular Spelling Mode Back On - Mutually Exclusive Modes] :whistle:

Andy McGregor
7th-December-2004, 10:16 AM
[Adam Nathanson Mode On]
Sorry to pull you up on this Andy, but Adam would never forgive me - especially as he is only on dialup out ther in NZ !
The CerocMetro Xmas Ball is now in its 11th year ... includes nibbles, mince pies, bubbly and a cabaret / fun thing ... I believe this year we may be seeing someone perform from the Jivemasters final! So its not just an extra hour dancing you get for your money(even if its Tezi & myself Djing ;) )

Just so you know, the Ball usually sells out 75% in the first 24 hours ... last year (or th year before - can't remember which) they sold out completely in 48 hours !
[Nathanson Mode Off - Regular Spelling Mode Back On - Mutually Exclusive Modes] :whistle:

Thank you for putting me right. £5 extra for mince pies, nibbles, cabaret (fun thing - ooh er missus) and an extra hour of freestyle is IMHO good value.

But it does make the £13 extra for Ashtons look even more expensive. I know it's all down to supply and demand, but I wonder if they'd have charged £20 in December if they'd been up against a similar dance at Hipsters ...

ChrisA
7th-December-2004, 10:32 AM
So, if you can get the tickets in October for £10 why does the price double in December? I can see no reason at all :confused:

No, silly, it didn't double in December, it was halved in October. :rolleyes:

:D

Andy McGregor
7th-December-2004, 10:39 AM
No, silly, it didn't double in December, it was halved in October. :rolleyes:

:D

Of course, how silly of me.

All I need to do now is go back to October and post - then I'll be wrong and silly :wink:

.. when I go back to October I'll take the winning lottery numbers for November with me and become a millionaire - or I could just charge £20 pounds for a dance :devil:

Savant
7th-December-2004, 10:52 AM
What's the problem Andy?

If you don't think that it's a fair price, then don't go. Simple. Why bother keeping on banging a drum about it? And if everyone thought that way, then no-one would go, and they'd have to reduce their prices or cancel the night.

It's still a cheaper night out than most non-dancing events that are on around Christmas time I think. And you get to dance too. Sounds like a bargain to me.

lindyloo
7th-December-2004, 10:59 AM
Thank you for putting me right. £5 extra for mince pies, nibbles, cabaret (fun thing - ooh er missus) and an extra hour of freestyle is IMHO good value.

But it does make the £13 extra for Ashtons look even more expensive. I know it's all down to supply and demand, but I wonder if they'd have charged £20 in December if they'd been up against a similar dance at Hipsters ...

Absolutely, clashing with any other event has no effect on Ashton's but in any event I have no choice because of my costs (I'll send you the spreadsheet if you'd like - it was actually £1850 I paid for the venue last year). The £10 in October was the cheapest I could make it for those that bought early. And as I've sold 250 tickets a lot of people obviously did. And anyway it's was a fabulous event last year and will be this year - worth every penny - whatever the ticket has cost.
p.s I went to a ball in Bmth the other day (without free food and drink) for £17.50 (just 1 band)

And if you want to come I'll do you a special deal (to be discussed in a PM), just so you can see how fab it will be and how not smokey it will be and of course I'd love that dance too :flower:

p.s All teachers are free and all taxi dancers are £5

Savant
7th-December-2004, 11:07 AM
And you get to dance too. Sounds like a bargain to me.

Oops. Actually meant to say....

And you get to dance WITH LORY too. Sounds like a fantastic deal to me.

(Thanks for the rep Lory) :flower:

Savant
7th-December-2004, 11:08 AM
Don't you just hate it, when the forum is moving slowly. So, you click back before it tells you that you've posted. So that you can change something.

And then send it again. Only to find out that you've double posted!

lindyloo
7th-December-2004, 11:09 AM
What's the problem Andy?

If you don't think that it's a fair price, then don't go. Simple. Why bother keeping on banging a drum about it? And if everyone thought that way, then no-one would go, and they'd have to reduce their prices or cancel the night.

It's still a cheaper night out than most non-dancing events that are on around Christmas time I think. And you get to dance too. Sounds like a bargain to me.

Exactly the point

Go into the West End and see what if you could get for £20, or even £10
in October.

Lory
7th-December-2004, 11:14 AM
We have Champagne and lots of canapes between 8 - 9.30pm
There is a palmist walking round then reading fortunes.
There is another "hired" game
Plus coffee, fruit and cakes at midnight. There are 2 DJ's playing until 2am (probably later - last year they finished at 3.30am)
The venue is fully decorated with gas filled balloons and there will also be a photographer there

Andy, I don't think you actually read this properly! :rolleyes:

The question you asked was, what EXTRA are you getting for your money?

Read again! :flower:

There are 2 DJ's playing until 2am (probably later - last year they finished at 3.30am) = AT LEAST 3hours extra freestyle! :clap: :clap: :clap:

= an EXTRA DJ

We have Champagne and lots of canapes between 8 - 9.30pm = FOOD AND DRINK :yum:

There is a palmist walking round then reading fortunes. = EXTRA ENTERTAINMENT :what:

There is another "hired" game = MORE EXTRA ENTERTAINMENT

Plus coffee, fruit and cakes at midnight. = EXTRA FOOD AND DRINKS

The venue is fully decorated with gas filled balloons = DECORATIONS :)

and there will also be a photographer there = ANOTHER EXTRA THAT I KNOW YOU'D BE IN INTERESTED IN! :whistle:

I think I can see where the extra £13 is going! :waycool: and what Lindyloo was saying was, you COULD of had all this EXTRA for just £3 in October! :flower:

Gus
7th-December-2004, 11:54 AM
If you don't think that it's a fair price, then don't go. Simple. :yeah: Nuff said!

No one forces you to buy a Porche ... you look at the price and work out of you can afford it and if it gives you value for money. Unless you are REALLY SAD and HAVE TO dance ... you can always vote with your feet ... loads of options.

Andy McGregor
7th-December-2004, 11:55 AM
ANOTHER EXTRA THAT I KNOW YOU'D BE IN INTERESTED IN! :whistle:

That would be dancing with Lory - and that's worth an extra £20 on it's own :whistle:

I think I can see where the extra £13 is going! :waycool: and what Lindyloo was saying was, you COULD of had all this EXTRA for just £3 in October! :flower:

So, we are getting a lot more for our £13, why didn't you say? Although I still think £20 is too much for a dance, even with all those extras.

And, I still say that someone is cashing in on it being Christmas by putting up their prices. It might be the venue owner, it might be the MJ organiser, but it goes against the spirit of Christmas - which is all about giving :flower:

My own venue in Shoreham is having a Christmas party on Thursday the 23rd December (the usual class night). There's an extra hour of freestyle, mince pies, After Eight mints, tea and coffee - and the will be a silly game with chocolate as the prizes. The entry price is usually £6, the price for this night is £6 - there's no extra charge as this is our way of saying "thank you for your support" :flower:

DavidY
7th-December-2004, 02:25 PM
Well ... still recovering from our Saturday night event. The crew did a great effort in to do the venue up ... it looked great and we had a sold out house ... 240 dancers (we had about 30 last minute phone calls for tickets AFTER we posted the SOLD OUT signs!) :grin: Even had a royal visitation, the Oracle and Lily came ... rumour has it that DaveB actualy managed a comlete spin ... though it did take him a whole track to complete it. Great to see other forumites there ... including DavidY, RoyBoy and others whos names I've forgotten ( :blush: ).Yep - another great night at Northwich. :clap: :clap:

Good to get a couple of dances with LilyB too :worthy: :worthy: (sorry Lily I didn't introduce myself. :blush: :blush: )

Sheepman
7th-December-2004, 02:47 PM
How many people go to a 'christmas eve 'dance event ? Who knows? Maybe only the real addicts, but the last time I went to one of these events I had a great night.

Greg

Bex
7th-December-2004, 03:26 PM
We ran a Boxing Day Night freestyle last year which was pretty busy, most people were pleased to get out of the house by then!!

Don't forget Twyford is on this Christmas Eve too, starting at 8.00pm and finishing at midnight!!!

It's going to be a cracker of a night! Get it! :rolleyes: Maybe this should be another thread, 'what's your best Christmas joke?'

ChrisA
7th-December-2004, 03:49 PM
Don't forget Twyford is on this Christmas Eve too, starting at 8.00pm and finishing at midnight!!!

Count me in :flower:

lindyloo
7th-December-2004, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=Andy McGregor]That would be dancing with Lory - and that's worth an extra £20 on it's own :whistle:

And, I still say that someone is cashing in on it being Christmas by putting up their prices. It might be the venue owner, it might be the MJ organiser, but it goes against the spirit of Christmas - which is all about giving :flower:

Andy I'm very happy for you to pay the venue directly and i'll put everything else on and charge just £10.
XMas is the time for giving after all - everyone would be so grateful :clap:

lindyloo
7th-December-2004, 05:58 PM
My own venue in Shoreham is having a Christmas party on Thursday the 23rd December (the usual class night). There's an extra hour of freestyle, mince pies, After Eight mints, tea and coffee - and the will be a silly game with chocolate as the prizes. The entry price is usually £6, the price for this night is £6 - there's no extra charge as this is our way of saying "thank you for your support" :flower:[/QUOTE]

Just curious how much does it cost to hire your venue that night?

Andy McGregor
7th-December-2004, 06:11 PM
Just curious how much does it cost to hire your venue that night?

The same hourly rate as usual.

Dance Demon
7th-December-2004, 06:24 PM
Still getting enquiries about Route 66 Christmas party on Friday 17th. Sorry folks but this is COMPLETELY SOLD OUT......Please please, please...if you don't have a ticket, don't turn up on the night hoping to pay at the door, as we will have to turn you away :tears: ...We have already increased the numbers as much as we can, without affecting the quality of the night, and can't get any one else in. Sorry to anyone who didn't get a ticket. :cheers:

lindyloo
7th-December-2004, 06:33 PM
The same hourly rate as usual.

And what is your hourly rate? Probably alot cheaper than mine!

Andreas
7th-December-2004, 09:22 PM
I can see very well where Andy comes from. The reason why I am hardly seen at Ceroc/MJ events since I came to the UK is the price. It is just steep. When I go to a Salsa night I'll have a live band when they charge 10 pounds. It keeps bugging me every time I plan out my nights and weekends, how come Salsa is so much cheaper than Ceroc? Do they get the halls for free because the girls show up in skimpier dresses? :wink:

Gus
7th-December-2004, 09:29 PM
....how come Salsa is so much cheaper than Ceroc? Do they get the halls for free because the girls show up in skimpier dresses? :wink:HOLD ON! In that case ... what could possibly entice you to come to Ceroc?? (makes note to find nearest Salsa club .. purely on the grounds of research of course) :drool:

Tiggerbabe
7th-December-2004, 09:46 PM
how come Salsa is so much cheaper than Ceroc?
'cause they only play one song? :whistle: :whistle:

Tiggerbabe
7th-December-2004, 09:50 PM
Wish I was going!!! :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:
So do we - it's not that far from London Lily - you could still be back home in time for Christmas :kiss: :hug:
*cue scary hypnotising voice* "Come to Stirling - you know you want to" :wink: :D

lindyloo
7th-December-2004, 10:34 PM
My own venue in Shoreham is having a Christmas party on Thursday the 23rd December (the usual class night). There's an extra hour of freestyle, mince pies, After Eight mints, tea and coffee - and the will be a silly game with chocolate as the prizes. The entry price is usually £6, the price for this night is £6 - there's no extra charge as this is our way of saying "thank you for your support" :flower:

On that note just to let you know that my actual Xmas party party at Ashton's is on Wed 22nd Dec when we will have mince pies, etc AND a band "The Fraud Squad", who I think you saw and liked.
This is all for the normal price.
I guess this could be seen as a thankyou to everyone for all their support, although at Ashton's we do put on alot throughout the year also at the same prices (bands/guest DJ's/ Guest teachers) and people do appreciate this

And for the reply about ceroc venues being more expensive than salsa, you said I think that a salsa night was £10 with a band. Our usual nights are £6 / £7, and with a band they are either £7 or maximum £8, so I don't know where you get that from. Also I have been to salsa clubs and paid £10 / £12 for a normal night - depending on how many lessons you do.

Andreas
7th-December-2004, 11:27 PM
HOLD ON! In that case ... what could possibly entice you to come to Ceroc?? (makes note to find nearest Salsa club .. purely on the grounds of research of course) :drool:

They don't play enough Merengue in London. And the Salsa they play is too fast to do complex moves and still give the girls enough time to recover. So Ceroc is good for practicing the more complex moves that one otherwise forgets :rofl:

Do I get away with that? :flower:

Andreas
7th-December-2004, 11:28 PM

Fair enough, but if you go every day that makes 365 songs a year! Still way too much to learn the lyrics for all of them :rofl:

Dance Demon
8th-December-2004, 01:22 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ...it's true, it's true......we go to Cuba Norte after Thursday nights at Marcos, and it's always that same record that they play all night. Salsa DJs must be able to travel light, as they only need to carry one CD.... :rofl: :rofl:

stewart38
8th-December-2004, 12:12 PM
Well I know people have e-mailed re windsor ceroc xmas party with no reply

If you phone nos on web site its the leisure centre who cant help

The website is vacant without any info on anything

but it must be one of the most popular weekly dance classes in the country :sick:

stewart38
8th-December-2004, 12:23 PM
Windsor is 22nd December :grin:

Be there or be somewhere else

Lynn
8th-December-2004, 01:43 PM
It keeps bugging me every time I plan out my nights and weekends, how come Salsa is so much cheaper than Ceroc? Do they get the halls for free because the girls show up in skimpier dresses? :wink: Hmm, one salsa party here in Belfast - £16. My MJ evening - £4..... (OK the salsa night is in a bigger venue and probably has some extras...)

Most girls at salsa wear black trousers and tops... sounds familiar!

Robin
10th-December-2004, 03:24 PM
Does anybody have any more info on the party on New Years Day. Sounds like a good way to start the year

:yeah:

Even if we are working !!!! -

Well, I've left this for ages for Adam to post something .. so I'll tell what I know.

Its a chillout party - for those that can still manage it - on Saturday 1st January 2005.

Smooth Grooves, Blues, general sweetness in music, lots off tunes we never get the chance to play - Croissants and Tea (how civilised) at 12

Evening goes on till 1am

Its at our Finchley/Whetstone Venue - within 5 minutes of the A1, the North Circular Road(A406) and the Finchley Road (A1000)

btw if anyone has a particular tune they want to hear on the night please pm me well in advance so I can add it to the ever increasingly heavy CD bag ! (is that grammar correct ? )

Feelingpink
10th-December-2004, 03:29 PM
Its a chillout party - for those that can still manage it - on Saturday 1st January 2006.

Jan 1, 2006 is a Sunday ... perhaps Saturday Jan 1, 2005? :whistle:

Where exactly?

Robin
10th-December-2004, 03:35 PM
Jan 1, 2006 is a Sunday ... perhaps Saturday Jan 1, 2005? :whistle:

Where exactly?

OMG - what a plonker - I'll edit it now - hopefully no-one will notice

Robin
10th-December-2004, 03:37 PM
Its at our Finchley/Whetstone venue - North London
Edited - full venue details are on the CerocMetro Website
www.cerocmetro.com (http://www.cerocmetro.com)

Feelingpink
10th-December-2004, 04:41 PM
Its at our Finchley/Whetstone venue - North London
Edited - full venue details are on the CerocMetro Website
www.cerocmetro.com (http://www.cerocmetro.com)

It's all that planning ahead - someone has to do it! :grin:

Ta for the link xx

Dan Hudson
10th-December-2004, 05:08 PM
The Jive Aces will be at our Greenwich venue on Tuesday 21st Dec for our Xmas Party :worthy: :waycool:

www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk

for more details

Dan :cheers:

Sheepman
15th-December-2004, 05:15 PM
I know it might put some of you off :tears: but I'm going to tell you anyway, - I shall be DJing at this one, in the wcs/blues/smooch room. (Hmmm, I wonder if I've got any smooch music, and is there any footwork? :confused: )
Dance Inn (http://www.thedanceinn.co.uk/diary.asp)

Greg

djtrev
15th-December-2004, 07:29 PM
Stop whinging and think yourself lucky that you have so many choices in and around the London area during the fortnight leading up to Christmas.
I should be so lucky.

Zebra Woman
15th-December-2004, 08:00 PM
They don't play enough Merengue in London. And the Salsa they play is too fast to do complex moves and still give the girls enough time to recover. So Ceroc is good for practicing the more complex moves that one otherwise forgets :rofl:

Do I get away with that? :flower:

Hang on Andreas ...I said that Salsa music for freestyle was usually too fast for beginners to consolidate their moves (on the Robert Cordoba thread) but great for experienced dancers to show off to, and you said you thought I was wrong...

but here you are on a different thread, agreeing with me :confused:

Agree that MJ is very useful fro keeping those Salsa moves alive, although I would always prefer to dance them in Salsa than MJ myself. :waycool:

ZW :flower:

DavidY
21st-December-2004, 02:15 PM
MASKED BALL

8.00PM to 1.30AM

tickets £12.50 (in advance)Is anyone else going to this one?

(Anyone who hasn't got a ticket yet needs to move fast as I think you have to get tickets within the next day or two (?))

Dance Demon
21st-December-2004, 06:42 PM
Just a quick reminder that tickets for our best ever Christmas Party in the magnificent Stirling Albert Halls on Thursday 23rd December are selling fast.
You can buy them online via the Subscriptions Page, (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/subscriptions.php?) or drop me an email to reserve one.

• Demo/cabaret and class by James & Melanie, chocolates, Christmas surprises and dancing until 2.00am!
Music will be provided by the inimitable Ceroc Jock and the fabulously smooth Dance Demon! :waycool:

• Theme for the night will be A White Christmas and I look forward to seeing you all there...

Can't believe how quiet this thread has been :confused: ........so who's all going then......only 2 days to go :clap: :clap:

Graham
21st-December-2004, 06:50 PM
I'm going. :grin:

Bangers & Mash
21st-December-2004, 06:58 PM
7 of us from Edinburgh in one group that I know of

(assuming Franck has saved us tickets? :what: )

Andreas
21st-December-2004, 07:13 PM
Hang on Andreas ...I said that Salsa music for freestyle was usually too fast for beginners to consolidate their moves (on the Robert Cordoba thread) but great for experienced dancers to show off to, and you said you thought I was wrong...

but here you are on a different thread, agreeing with me :confused:

Agree that MJ is very useful fro keeping those Salsa moves alive, although I would always prefer to dance them in Salsa than MJ myself. :waycool:

Now now. You said it was fast and catered for the better dancers, which I disagreed with, explaining that bugger all of the so-called better dancers that I have seen at the venues actually danced to the speed of the music. So the music did not cater for them either because they can't dance to it. ;)

You know just as much as I do that it is so much more difficult to make a slow dance look good than a fast dance. If you are fast enough for fast music it is not difficult, just tiring and will, if you are tidy always look 'impressive'. So it is not an art to dance fast, it is an art to dance to slow music ;)

So I was not disagreeing with your general idea, just pointing out that the music does not cater for anybody if it is so fast.

Edit: Yes, I prefer to dance Salsa moves in Salsa, too but also dance MJ moves in Salsa :)

Northants Girly
24th-December-2004, 01:34 PM
MASKED BALL

8.00PM to 1.30AM

tickets £12.50 (in advance)I have a spare ticket for this if anyone would like to buy it :)

Spoke to Emma P yesterday and she said you can get tickets on the door - £15
and we ARE definitely going to be in the BIG HALL so should be another brill night! :clap:

DavidY
24th-December-2004, 02:19 PM
we ARE definitely going to be in the BIG HALL so should be another brill night! :clap::clap: :clap: Good news - the last two dances in the big hall were excellent - should be a top night. Also I believe if it's in the big hall it means they've sold a good number of tickets so there should be a wide choice of folk to dance with...

Zebra Woman
24th-December-2004, 07:59 PM
Now now. You said it was fast and catered for the better dancers, which I disagreed with, explaining that bugger all of the so-called better dancers that I have seen at the venues actually danced to the speed of the music. So the music did not cater for them either because they can't dance to it. ;)

You know just as much as I do that it is so much more difficult to make a slow dance look good than a fast dance. If you are fast enough for fast music it is not difficult, just tiring and will, if you are tidy always look 'impressive'. So it is not an art to dance fast, it is an art to dance to slow music ;)

So I was not disagreeing with your general idea, just pointing out that the music does not cater for anybody if it is so fast.

Edit: Yes, I prefer to dance Salsa moves in Salsa, too but also dance MJ moves in Salsa :)

I see now. I think the 'better dancers' I'm talking about are probably better than the ones you're watching. Mine are completely up to speed, not missing anything at all. I know the next level down of dancers that I watch are not able to hold it all together at break neck speed and are certainly not tidy while they're doing it.

Agree that the fast music is wasting most people's time that's for sure.

IMO One of the worst things is dancing salsa with a partner who is off the beat (or dancing to a beat you can't hear)...... and the tracks are so long.....nightmare :sick:

Peace Brother

Andreas
24th-December-2004, 08:36 PM
IMO One of the worst things is dancing salsa with a partner who is off the beat (or dancing to a beat you can't hear)...... and the tracks are so long.....nightmare :sick:

I agree, it takes the fun out of the dance and ends up being hard work.

Peace Brother

Yo sister :flower: :hug:

Banana Man
27th-December-2004, 12:31 AM
Coralie has a JivePlus party. Details below. I have never been but am considering it - any forumites recommend it? Coralie says "Last year we had 300 dancers from all over the country and had a fab romp of a time"

DJ - 'The' Jon Brett
Palm-readings with Ash

www.jiveplus.com

Anyone planning on going to this? Do you know if it's a ticket only event or can you pay on the door? (The website seems to have some sort of errors, I can't get any of the pages to display).

Bananaman

Northants Girly
27th-December-2004, 01:31 PM
MASKED BALL

8.00PM to 1.30AM

tickets £12.50 (in advance)

I still have a spare ticket for this tonight if anyone wants it!

Sheepman
27th-December-2004, 01:43 PM
Anyone planning on going to this? Do you know if it's a ticket only event or can you pay on the door? Yes I'm going, I've got my tickets. But I know nothing much about it, just recommended by a friend with a spa, that combined with the dancing was an offer I couldn't turn down!
As it's too late to get tickets in the post now, it's probably best to ring Coralie and check.

Greg

Diane
27th-December-2004, 02:38 PM
Yes I'm going, I've got my tickets. But I know nothing much about it, just recommended by a friend with a spa, that combined with the dancing was an offer I couldn't turn down!
As it's too late to get tickets in the post now, it's probably best to ring Coralie and check.

Greg

I've got tickets for this, had them for ages, can't wait now.

( You can tell I've got that 'trapped in at Christmas' feeling!!)

I'd agree with Sheepman, give Coralie a ring.

Be good to see you Greg, I'll look out for you.

di

Sheepman
27th-December-2004, 05:50 PM
Be good to see you Greg, I'll look out for you. Look forward to seeing you again, I'll be wearing something green, which may not be distinctive amongst the hoards, but anyone who saw it at the BFG knows it stands out a little :blush:

Greg

Mary
28th-December-2004, 12:39 PM
Yes I'm going, I've got my tickets. But I know nothing much about it, just recommended by a friend with a spa, that combined with the dancing was an offer I couldn't turn down!

Greg

We are hoping to go to this as well. We haven't any tickets so if anyone has a number or email address for Coralie I will give her a ring. (I get the newsletters, but I have deleted them once I have read them, doh)

M

DavidY
28th-December-2004, 01:55 PM
MASKED BALL

8.00PM to 1.30AM Another brilliant night at Daventry. Good music, lots of good dancers, cabarets including a showcase from Phil & Yuko :worthy: :worthy:, and space to dance in a large, (non-smoking :clap: ) hall.

Diane
28th-December-2004, 03:11 PM
We are hoping to go to this as well. We haven't any tickets so if anyone has a number or email address for Coralie I will give her a ring. (I get the newsletters, but I have deleted them once I have read them, doh)

M

Coralie's number is 0**********

Banana Man
28th-December-2004, 03:35 PM
Andy, I don't think you actually read this properly! :rolleyes:

The question you asked was, what EXTRA are you getting for your money?

Read again! :flower:

There are 2 DJ's playing until 2am (probably later - last year they finished at 3.30am) = AT LEAST 3hours extra freestyle! :clap: :clap: :clap:

= an EXTRA DJ

We have Champagne and lots of canapes between 8 - 9.30pm = FOOD AND DRINK :yum:

There is a palmist walking round then reading fortunes. = EXTRA ENTERTAINMENT :what:

There is another "hired" game = MORE EXTRA ENTERTAINMENT

Plus coffee, fruit and cakes at midnight. = EXTRA FOOD AND DRINKS

The venue is fully decorated with gas filled balloons = DECORATIONS :)

and there will also be a photographer there = ANOTHER EXTRA THAT I KNOW YOU'D BE IN INTERESTED IN! :whistle:

What a fantastic night. Definitely well worth the money...just for a dance with Lory. :wink: :flower:

Only thing I didn't work out was who won the pole dancing competition?

E

Sheepman
28th-December-2004, 04:57 PM
so if anyone has a number or email address for Coralie I've only got a mobile number for Coralie, so I've pm'ed it in case she doesn't want everyone knowing it, but if anyone else needs it, let me know.

Greg

Lory
28th-December-2004, 07:24 PM
What a fantastic night. Definitely well worth the money...just for a dance with Lory. :wink: :flower:

Aww :hug:

Only thing I didn't work out was who won the pole dancing competition?

I think a girl called Jo, who dances at Harrow. Apparently she's a fitness instructor and could manage amazing feats such as, hanging upside down in the splits! :what:

Personally, once I'd seen Rachel's Marc, do his 'thang' on it, I just thought WOW, who can compete with THAT? :worthy:

I had a brilliant evening, the music was great (thanks to Bob and Ian) and I openly admit, I have a thing about men in Tux, so I was in my element! :yum:

Holly had a great time too, she's not been able to dance for ages, to that made it doubly nice! :)