PDA

View Full Version : So - who is going to BritRoc...??

Gordon J Pownall
5th-October-2004, 02:45 PM
A simple poll so we can see who is going to be there on the :-

Friday - Party Night :cheers:

Saturday - Competition Day :rofl:

Saturday Night - Freestyle and Prizes....(no jelly and ice cream tho'...) :whistle:

I'll be there...so will DJ Bunnie :worthy: , spinning the decks....

Andy McGregor
5th-October-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm going and I'm entering nearly everything;

DWAS - with a very scared woman :eek:
Intermediate with a very, very scared Lynn :flower:
Advanced with a very, very, very scary Lisa :eek: :eek:
Double Trouble with one silly and one very sexy partner :wink:

Along with Lynn and Ian I will have a Smurf family staying in Castle McGregor - they may escape from our high-security dungeon and enter the competition too :devil:

Lynn
5th-October-2004, 03:27 PM
I'm going! :clap: My first comp! :what:

DianaS
5th-October-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm going to a wild party and won't be around all weekend :na:
Have a good one
Di

Lindsay
5th-October-2004, 05:10 PM
I'm going....:clap: with Dave H, Jen, Brady, Fi, Nik....
That is if we can find a (cheap) hotel.... tweetie is looking for cheep :rofl:
Anyone know anywhere cheap'n'cheerful?

Divissima
6th-October-2004, 09:18 AM
TwK and I will be there. TwK has sworn off competitions other than as a spectator, so I'll be the only one competing :eek:

Gordon J Pownall
6th-October-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm going....:clap: with Dave H, Jen, Brady, Fi, Nik....
That is if we can find a (cheap) hotel.... tweetie is looking for cheep :rofl:
Anyone know anywhere cheap'n'cheerful?

Well as I couldn't make the BFG, I hope all of you will find me for a dance.... :hug:

I'll be the good looking blonde bloke helping DJ Bunnie with the music (mainly carrying the boxes...!!!) :whistle:

Try www.britroc.com and the links page for tourist info - loads of cheap B&Bs this time of year. :worthy:

Gordon J Pownall
6th-October-2004, 02:16 PM
I'm going! :clap: My first comp! :what:

Looking forward to meeting you then.... :flower:

Have a safe journey........ :waycool:

Gareth
6th-October-2004, 04:50 PM
Jill and I will be there all weekend, but we are only doing DWAS this time. :)

MartinHarper
6th-October-2004, 05:04 PM
Try www.britroc.com

ok.

"BritRoc 2003 - the one to win the one to watch".

Heh, good start. :)

Chickadee
6th-October-2004, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=Andy McGregor]I'm going and I'm entering nearly everything;

Double Trouble with one silly and one very sexy partner :wink:QUOTE]

I'm the 'silly' one... :wink:

Lory
6th-October-2004, 11:45 PM
I'm the 'silly' one... :wink:I can vouch for that! :wink: :D

under par
6th-October-2004, 11:47 PM
TwK and I will be there. TwK has sworn off competitions other than as a spectator, so I'll be the only one competing :eek:

who with my good lady who is the lucky fellow?
:hug:

under par
6th-October-2004, 11:52 PM
I am entering Dwas, and competing in the intermediate . :flower:

quite a buzz for me as I have only ever done a few DWAS before now.

thankyou to my partner Jo for accepting the challenge :worthy: :hug:

Andy McGregor
7th-October-2004, 01:39 AM
I'm the 'silly' one... :wink:

That would mean I'm the sexy one :sick:

Simon r
7th-October-2004, 02:33 PM
Me and nicole will be there just got our entry in
late as normal :sick:

Peter
7th-October-2004, 02:35 PM
who with my good lady who is the lucky fellow?

None other than fellow forumite ChrisA .. saw them practising together last night at Hipsters ... you better watch out!

Graham W
7th-October-2004, 02:38 PM
DWAS & Open (if my partner is willing..:-)..

G

Good luck to all..

Andy McGregor
7th-October-2004, 02:41 PM
Me and nicole will be there just got our entry in
late as normal :sick:

It's not too late to enter. I got an email from Sarah which gave the new closing date for entries as 9th October. Get those entries in*.

Andy

* unless you're a better dancer than me - for you fab (or even average :tears: ) dancers it's weeks too late, just come as spectators :devil:

Gordon J Pownall
7th-October-2004, 02:51 PM
ok.

Heh, good start. :)

Yeah but the details are all accurate...good poijnt tho' never noticed it myself... :what:

Gordon J Pownall
7th-October-2004, 02:53 PM
It's not too late to enter. I got an email from Sarah which gave the new closing date for entries as 9th October. Get those entries in*.

Andy

* unless you're a better dancer than me - for you fab (or even average :tears: ) dancers it's weeks too late, just come as spectators :devil:

...and of course there will be a height penalty for anyone outside the defined levels of normality....(normal people will be scored higher - obviously).... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Andy McGregor
7th-October-2004, 02:57 PM
...and of course there will be a height penalty for anyone outside the defined levels of normality....(normal people will be scored higher - obviously).... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

How about amending the rules to say 'for every complete inch over the normal height of 5' 7" you will lose one place' :whistle:

Lindsay
7th-October-2004, 04:01 PM
thanks for the PMs re. accommodation
finally found a nice hotel in brighton- only 10 mins away in taxi apparently- for £35 per room/nt
just sending in application today, better late than never.
looking forward to seeing you there :clap:

Sheepman
7th-October-2004, 05:37 PM
looking forward to seeing you there :clap: :clap: Will you save me a dance please? :flower:

Greg

Lindsay
7th-October-2004, 06:47 PM
bien sur....

see ya there!

Andy McGregor
9th-October-2004, 11:03 AM
Only 7 shopping days to go.

Here is plan A

1. Buy glitter, sparkly things, shiny tights, lycra (tm) and shoes.

2. Buy more.

3. Go to Britroc, buy more things from exhibitors - anything sparkly.

4. Dance a bit.

Plan B.

1. Practice, practice, practice.

DO NOT DO PLAN B, IT'S NOT FAIR :tears:

Tiggerbabe
9th-October-2004, 12:07 PM
Here is plan A

1. Buy glitter, sparkly things, shiny tights, lycra (tm) and shoes.

2. Buy more.

3. Go to Britroc, buy more things from exhibitors - anything sparkly.

4. Dance a bit.

I like Plan A Andy, but for 3 & 4. sustitute - Go to Britroc, buy more things and dance A LOT

Graham W
9th-October-2004, 05:17 PM
Open partner er, retired b4 she started - so may go to watch.. & dodge flying glitter.

G

Ski & Rock
10th-October-2004, 04:59 PM
Beccy & I will be there.

Just a chill out weekend for us. Will chance DWAS though.

Has anyone found reasonable accomodation with free parking?

Best I can find is an appartment for 5 at £300 Pam & Murphy would share, leaving one single bedroom!

Minnie M
10th-October-2004, 05:17 PM
A mile down the road (west) there are no parking restrictions, just ask any local when you get there (from New Church Road and the side roads from there)

Being a local there are lots of small guest houses and hotels on the Hove seafront and the roads coming off of it, it is off season so there must be lots of vacancies

- why don't you PM Sarah or email Graham I am sure they will help.

Tiggerbabe
10th-October-2004, 07:24 PM
- why don't you PM Sarah or email Graham I am sure they will help.
Or Lindsay - she did say she got a good deal on a B&B just a few posts ago :D

Ski & Rock
11th-October-2004, 01:55 AM
Beccy & I will be there.

Looking forward to watch you glitzy lot strut your stuff.

Heard the trick is park up early morning as not many free parking slots.

Gordon J Pownall
12th-October-2004, 11:44 AM
Still time to get your entries in before this Saturday....

There are still slots in all categories if you want to enter....

Of course the Friday night and Saturday party will be excellent as well so come along and strut your stuff (and warm up) Friday and then you'll be ready to wow the crowds the next day...

See you all there...... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Lindsay
12th-October-2004, 07:40 PM
I woz too late for lucky dip so am on waiting list :tears:

so.... they need more men to enter as a fair few girlies need partners :rolleyes:

see ya there

Andy McGregor
12th-October-2004, 08:33 PM
I woz too late for lucky dip so am on waiting list :tears:

so.... they need more men to enter as a fair few girlies need partners :rolleyes:

see ya there

Come on Gordy, 'fess up. Are you in the lucky dip?

Andy McGregor
12th-October-2004, 08:40 PM
Heard the trick is park up early morning as not many free parking slots.

I'm not sure there are any all-day free of charge parking slots in the area of Hove Town Hall. There's on-street ticket parking but I think it might have a 4 hour limit, and there is a big multi-story car park directly opposite. You can park there all day and it's reasonably priced. It's free in the evening too.

ElaineB
12th-October-2004, 10:01 PM
Come on Gordy, 'fess up. Are you in the lucky dip?

Hope so, in fact any of you from the forum would do nicely!!!

There's about twenty coming down from Bristol/Cardiff now. One of them is celebrating his birthday and another has just got engaged and is 'the happiest man on earth'. I think we will be partying hard on Saturday night. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't wait!

Elaine

Lynn
12th-October-2004, 11:14 PM
Can't wait! Only one (3 hour :tears: ) meeting tomorrow then the weekend starts early - travelling on Thurs. Just have to decide what to pack... (going shopping on Fri so might have something new to wear!)

Looking forward to my first competition experience! :clap: (I think! :sick: )

Minnie M
13th-October-2004, 02:02 AM
It is a real shame I wont be there this weekend :tears: not bothered about the comp., but will really miss meeting up with you guys :tears: I am off to a swing weekender - didn't realise the dates clashed when I booked

PARKING IN HOVE:
I think I am the only Car Driving Hove-ite on the forum (Kate is too, but not a car driver)

As per my previous quote:-

A mile down the road (west) there are no parking restrictions, just ask any local when you get there (from New Church Road/ Sackville Road and the side roads from there)

from Andy McG

I'm not sure there are any all-day free of charge parking slots in the area of Hove Town Hall. There's on-street ticket parking but I think it might have a 4 hour limit, and there is a big multi-story car park directly opposite. You can park there all day and it's reasonably priced. It's free in the evening too.

This is true and the Traffic wardens in Hove are hot, be careful - the seafront parking is now up to 9 hours but it also includes Sunday parking. There are also be a spate of car thefts in the area, so don't leave valuables in the car and take the top of your stereo !

If you are not using the car over the weekend, it is best to park deeper into Hove (as above) as there are no restrictions and it really is only a short walk to the Centre (about half a mile) - be careful not to park on the residents areas, as I have said the Traffic Wardens are little nazis

For late night snacks, Preston Street has late night cafes (about a mile away) OR if you are driving, check out our late night diner (open ALL night) in central Brighton and get a GUT BUSTER (LilyB's favourite) or a MEGA GUT BUSTER (DavidB's favourite)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CONTESTANTS - and enjoy my home town :flower:

Tiggerbabe
13th-October-2004, 08:27 AM
travelling on Thurs./snip/....................Looking forward to my first competition experience! :clap: (I think! :sick: )
Best of luck Lynn, you'll have a great time - especially shopping with the Mighty Mr McG :wink:

GOOD LUCK to everyone entering and I hope the Scottish contingent (and anyone else travelling ) have a safe journey and a great weekend.

:hug: :hug: :kiss: :kiss: :clap: :clap:

Minnie M
13th-October-2004, 10:33 AM
.........the Traffic Wardens are little nazis ........

PUBLIC APOLOGY
I appear to have caused offence here - the comparison was meant to be light hearted as many Traffic Wardens do take their work very seriously etc. (can't say any more or I will get myself into more trouble)

MM
(an ex JP from Golders Green)

Minnie M
13th-October-2004, 01:34 PM
[(an ex JP from Golders Green)

Just realised it should be JAP - but I'm not American

Andy McGregor
13th-October-2004, 01:37 PM
Just realised it should be JAP - but I'm not American

But you are a Princess :flower:

.. aren't we all dearie :wink:

Gordon J Pownall
13th-October-2004, 02:52 PM
.. aren't we all dearie :wink:

Certainly you both are......

just a note...still slots in some categories - enter for a giggle enter for a laugh...

Who knows, you could win.........

Is everyone going to the party n the Friday night as well.....I here rumoured it's gonna be brill...???

Lounge Lizard
13th-October-2004, 03:16 PM
PUBLIC APOLOGY
I appear to have caused offence here - the comparison was meant to be light hearted as many Traffic Wardens do take their work very seriously etc. (can't say any more or I will get myself into more trouble)

MM
(an ex JP from Golders Green)do I understand you correct - a JP...Jewish Princess.. from golders Green make a lighthearted comment about traffic wardens being little Nazis....a common term to describe traffic wardens, ok it's a a thankless job cos no one will like them for doing it right or wrong.

I think some people take things to seriously sometimes....in my experience it often turns out that those who moan about nearly everything are the ones that flame others for these comments........and the Brighton traffic wardens can be like little Hitler's sometimes - try doing a roof repair or building job and moving your van every 15 mins or queing 1.5 hours a day for a parking permit.
have some rep minnie, cos I know what it is like and you were trying to help others
not offend anyone
LL

Lounge Lizard
13th-October-2004, 03:42 PM

.. aren't we all dearie :wink:No surley that is one princess and one queen methinks - Andy and Linda the royal family of MJ.........Charlton will never be the same again :wink:

Lynn
13th-October-2004, 09:36 PM
Is everyone going to the party n the Friday night as well..... Well I am!

Off now to pack. :grin: (Must remember to leave space in my bag for new shoes and sparkly things I plan to buy!)

And to everyone competing - Good Luck!

Gordon J Pownall
14th-October-2004, 09:36 AM
Look forward to seeing you there......have a safe journey and don't forget to find me for a boogie......

G...x :flower:

Lory
15th-October-2004, 03:23 PM
I hope everyone has a brilliant time and takes lot's of photo's! :flower:

Good luck to all those competing, especially my chalet mate Chickadee, Andy and Neil in the Double Trouble! I really wish I could be there to support you guys! :hug:

I could come down but it would mean long drive home on my own and I really can't keep my eyes open when I'm tired, driving on motorways in the dark! :rolleyes: No joke! :sick:

So break a leg everyone and I'll be thinking of you all! :cheers:

Lou
15th-October-2004, 03:29 PM
Have fun & good luck everyone - but especially my little Bristol buddies! :cheers:

Andy McGregor
15th-October-2004, 10:10 PM
I've been shopping and practicing with Lynn today. I can report that Lynn is a fabulous shopper and a great dancer too. And with her new black and white shoes and black and sparkly outfit she will look lovely as my partner in the intermediate.

I'm just off to pick up Mr & Mrs Scathe from Gatwick - the Castle McGregor Dungeons have been given a new coat of gore and I've oiled the rack in preparation :devil:

philsmove
16th-October-2004, 01:48 AM
a special good luck to the Bristol secret

Lou
16th-October-2004, 09:02 AM
a special good luck to the Bristol secret
Yay! Go team! ;) (And have a happy birthday, Simon A! :flower: )

Lory
17th-October-2004, 02:04 AM
Has anyone got any results please? :flower:

Andy McGregor
17th-October-2004, 09:34 AM
Has anyone got any results please? :flower:

I've just got back from taking Lynn to Gatwick for her flight to Belfast, Sue and the Scathes are still asleep upstairs and I will be trying to get back to sleep soon.

I'll do my best, it was all a bit of a blur but I do remember the following.

Showcase

1st Adam & Tas
2nd Will & Kate
3rd Bob the Builder routine

Open

1st Phil & Yuko
2nd Will & Kate
3rd Jane (forumite Daisy!!) & Ray Godman

Advanced

1st Simon & Keeley
2nd Andy (me :waycool: ) and Lisa
3rd ? (it all became a blur at this point as a very excited Lisa was screaming in my ear that we were 1st or 2nd :sick: )
4th or 5th Sheepman and Joy

Intermediate

1st Tom (great dancer, tall, young, good looking lad you'd remember from WSM - how I hate him!) and a sexy young parner.
2nd ?
3rd Under Par (Paul Glynn) and Jo :clap:

Airsteps

1st David & Bryony
2nd ?
3rd Mary (of Forum fame) and Tony

Seniors

1st David & Audrey
2nd & 3rd John & Hazel and Nick and Lesley (can't remember which way around)

Double Trouble

1st John Sweeny and the Sweenettes :wink:
2nd Dreadful Scathe and the Scathettes.
3rd Me, Neil and Christine (Chickadee :clap: )

Luck Dip

1st Roger Chin
2nd ?
3rd ?
4th Me and a fabulous partner! :clap:
5th ?
6th Shrif and Jane - yes, I beat Sharif, DWAS supremo!!! :gloat:

Group Cabaret

1st Big Love Show
2nd Bristol All Girl team with a really catchy name ...

.. which I've forgotten due to sleep deprivation :tears:

I can also report that Lynn did not fall over in the intermediate - and we got through the first round :clap: This means that, in the eyes of the judges, Lynn was better than quite a few dancers and can never again claim to be 'not very good'.

Lounge Lizard
17th-October-2004, 09:57 AM
aul Glynn) and Jo :clap:

Airsteps

1st David & Bryony
2nd ?
3rd Mary (of Forum fame) and Tony

.2nd........my very good friends Steve & Jo :cheers: :cheers: well done Andy a busy and sucessfull day for you
LL

Reklaw
17th-October-2004, 11:12 AM
I've just got back from taking Lynn to Gatwick for her flight to Belfast, Sue and the Scathes are still asleep upstairs and I will be trying to get back to sleep soon.

I'll do my best, it was all a bit of a blur but I do remember the following.

Showcase

1st Adam & Tas
2nd Will & Kate
3rd Bob the Builder routine
3rd place went to Alex & Phil Motley

Jon L
17th-October-2004, 01:05 PM
I can also report that Lynn did not fall over in the intermediate - and we got through the first round :clap: This means that, in the eyes of the judges, Lynn was better than quite a few dancers and can never again claim to be 'not very good'.

Lynn did exceptionally well, :clap: - she has improved so much since the holiday in Crete which Will and I were on. First competition and straight into second round that's really good.

ChrisA
17th-October-2004, 01:07 PM
3rd ? (it all became a blur at this point as a very excited Lisa was screaming in my ear that we were 1st or 2nd :sick: )

3rd place in the Advanced went to Howard and Nicky. :clap:

........ :yeah:

I had several dances with Lynn, and enjoyed them a lot. She is beautifully light to dance with, and follows better than a lot of people who've been dancing a lot longer than she has. :flower:

Well done to you Andy, getting through packing so much into a day like that. Hope you've got your gusset sewn back up tho' :eek:

Oh, and:

Open

3rd Jane (forumite Daisy!!) & Ray Godman

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :cheers: :cheers: :clap:

Chris

Lory
17th-October-2004, 01:28 PM
Well done everyone! :clap:

Especially our very own 'comp virgins', Lynn, Underpar and Chickadee :hug: :worthy:

Andy, do you ever sleep? :confused:

Lynn
17th-October-2004, 02:04 PM
What a great weekend! Shopping, watching the rounds and showcases, taking part (and not falling over!) and even enjoying it. :grin: It was such a fab day. Big thanks to the McGregors for being wonderful hosts (and Andy getting up so early to take me to the airport this morning! :hug: )

Well done to all the forumites - especially UP - first intermediate comp and 3rd place! :clap:

I had some fab dances yesterday evening, despite being very tired, thanks to all the forumites who asked me for a dance (cos I was too shy to ask :blush: )

And a big thanks to for the lovely comments, I do feel my dancing is improving and feel inspired to keep trying to improve. :clap:

Graham W
17th-October-2004, 02:14 PM
Filling the gaps -

DWAS - Phil Webb (again..) & Roger C's Open partner 2nd - Nick B & Bristol inter 2nd place young thing 3rd.....

Inters - the Bristol Secret 2nd... - Becki & Matt -

G

Anita
17th-October-2004, 02:41 PM
I was at Britroc and need to thank some people who helped me salvage a day that started badly.

My partner pulled out of the comp 10 minutes before we were about to leave for Brighton due to a sore back :angry:

My only option was to get to the train station and jump on a train from Reading. Once in Brigton I jumped into a taxi to the venue and changed into my outfit on the way :sick: poor taxi driver

My thanks go to the people who helped me find, not just one new partner, but two! :flower:

And those partners were Graham in the Open and Gareth in the Advanced where we progressed though a round.

Thank you to both of you for dancing with me.

Gareth within half an hour of knowing you, you were asking me if I prefered the PVC trousers or the ones with the bondage straps. Can anyone question why you are a Dirty Dancing Champion.

TheTramp
17th-October-2004, 02:44 PM
Once in Brigton I jumped into a taxi to the venue and changed into my outfit on the way :sick: poor taxi driver
If you ever need a lift anywhere Anita.... :whistle:

Trampy

Lynn
17th-October-2004, 02:52 PM
Andy, do you ever sleep? :confused: Not when he has to get up at 7am to take people to airports! :flower:

Andy McGregor
17th-October-2004, 02:52 PM
Filling in another gap (sorry) Dreadful Scathe Scathe and Fiona came 5th in the Intermediate with a faultless performance :clap:

Tiggerbabe
17th-October-2004, 03:10 PM
2nd........my very good friends Steve & Jo :cheers:
Is that the young couple who did the showcase to "Evanessance" - I hope so, they're both lovely :clap: :D :hug:
Congratulations to everyone who won or was placed and special congratulations to all of the forumites present. Well done :clap: :clap:
Sounds like a great time was had by all, just sorry I wasn't there to witness it :tears: :tears: Maybe next year *fingers crossed*

TheTramp
17th-October-2004, 03:55 PM
Congratulations to everyone who won or was placed and special congratulations to all of the forumites present. Well done :clap: :clap:
Yeah...

Well done Andy, Lynn, Chickadee, Under Par, Mr & Mrs Scathe, John and Hazel, Will and everyone else who competed from the forum.

Also, a big well done to Phil and Yuko. Looks like we've got some new(ish) stars!! :clap: :worthy: :clap:

Trampy

Sparkles
17th-October-2004, 06:25 PM
What a fab day! :clap:
Such a friendly and exciting competition with some amazing dances by some truely fantastic dancers! I was in awe of you all :worthy: - and my toes were tapping all day so thank you so much to everyone who danced with me in the evening - I think I would have gone mad if I'd had to sit still anymore!
Lovely to see the Scottish contingent once again, you guys are great!
S. x

ElaineB
17th-October-2004, 07:28 PM
And to add the slant from a West Country point of view...........

Fantastic event and very well run, with excellent judging. We definitely have this one on the calender for next year!

Many, many congratulations to Simon and Keely (Bristol/Bournmouth!!!), who came first in the Advanced - you two were truely magnificent!! :worthy: :worthy:

The intermediates was won by Tom and partner who hail from Gloucester, second was Matt and Becky from Bristol who have only been dancing Le Roc for nine months! Tom is 16 and Matt and Becky are only 18 or 19 - they are incredibly good for young things!!

Also from Bristol - Nick and Lesley came second in the senior section and Sue and Garth had a very well deserved fifth place (What attitude Sue - strutting your stuff or what!)

Nick Britten also had a third place in DWAS and Sheriff landed sixth place.

Mark and Jackie from Cardiff were fourth in the Showcase and finalists in the Open.

Well done also to Graham and Gareth who partnered the lovely Anita in her hour of need! (I don't think they took much persuading! :whistle: )

I was part of the Bristol booties team and boy, did we enjoy ourselves! Jenny Harrison organised it all (with a bit of help from Leslie!) and did a fantastic job! Well done to all the team members, it was wonderful to part of the group! Still felt I looked like Barbara Cartland with my eye lashes though! :rofl: Josh Britten was part of the winning team - only 13 years old and what a star - their routine (from the love show) was awesome.

As for the supporters from Bristol/Cardiff - you did us proud guys!! I am suffering from a lack of voice myself today from cheering various people on!

And LL - can you tell Steve how chuffed I was to get into the Semi's of the DWAS comp. We had 'Car Wash' in one round and I absolutely loath that piece of music - but Steve interpreted it brilliantly!!

Sorry to have missed you Lynn - I now realise how you were and I thought Andy and you danced brilliantly! Dr Scathe - it was really great to meet you and thank you, thank you for the dances!

The standard of dancing was incredibly high again - congratulations to all the forumites who took part or got placed. Ray and Jane were wonderful, as were Sheepman and partner. As for Phil and Yoko and Will and Kate.... :worthy: . :worthy:

Elaine

Lynn
17th-October-2004, 07:33 PM
Sorry to have missed you Lynn - I now realise who you were... Likewise! (You looked great!) It was a fab day!

Lindsay
17th-October-2004, 07:42 PM
Awesome w'end, nice to meet so many forumites :cheers:
Exceptionally well-organised event, and the timing of the heats was more or less to the second!
Adam & Tas, your spotlight was absolutely amazing :worthy:
And the standard in all the finals was very high. Well done to all who competed, especially pals DS and Fi who got to intermediate final. :clap: Special thanks to my b*tches Brady and DS for dressing up as women with lippy and stockings, having a 1 hour lesson, and as a last-minute entry we came 2nd in double trouble :clap: :clap: Men are SOOOO hard though to lead let me tell you. Muscles still aching :( .

Dance Demon
17th-October-2004, 07:47 PM
Special thanks to my b*tches Brady and DS for dressing up as women with lippy and stockings,

See........I knew stopping over at Andy McGs might have an adverse effect.......
:wink: :whistle:

Gordon J Pownall
17th-October-2004, 07:50 PM
Awesome w'end, nice to meet so many forumites :cheers:
Exceptionally well-organised event, and the timing of the heats was more or less to the second!

Well done to everyone who took part....Sal and I were really freaked out by the timing - we and Graham and Sarah worked really hard to get the event to run on time and we were (as above) within 1 minute of every heat....

The only timing we missed was at 9.30pm but that was Graham signing the winners cheques (largest prize money in the UK BTW).

Thanks as well for all your kind comments about the music - it's so tough to get the mix right and to make tracks comparable across the heats and Sal and Graham were still up at 4.00am Saturday morning moving a coupel of tracks around so all credit to them for the music.... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

For those I danced with - thanks... :hug:

For those I missed...sorry - next time... :blush:

And for those who were there competing - WOW...!!!! (all of you...) :worthy: :worthy:

See you next year.....or sooner preferably.... :cheers:

Gareth
17th-October-2004, 07:53 PM
And those partners were Graham in the Open and Gareth in the Advanced where we progressed though a round.

Thank you to both of you for dancing with me.

The organisers had to flip a coin between Toby and myself to see who would dance with the talented Anita. I was lucky enough to win the opportunity to partner Anita in the Advanced section and proceeded to the next round:D

It was a my pleasure to have had the opportunity to dance with Anita. :hug:

I`d like to thank all the Forumites who I had the pleasure to dance with. :wink:

Even Andy who I thought was going to keel over with exhaustion at one point. :rofl:

Simon (Bristol) Bowker and Keeley :worthy: :clap:

Jayne and Ray Godman: total respect and a inspiration to us all :clap:

Also thanks especially to Toby and Davissima and everyone else who supported us throughout the day. :cheers:

A big big big big thank you to my partner Jill who was so understanding about the whole day :kiss: :flower:
Even if it did cost me a new pair of dance shoes :tears:

Well done all those dancers from the West. You did yourselves proud :clap:

Divissima
17th-October-2004, 09:04 PM
Most of this has already been said, so I'll keep it brief. It was a fantastic day - Graham and Sarah managed to make the day even better than last year (and last year was pretty amazing). Many thanks to them and all their team for the hard work they put in. Gordy and Sal played some fantastic music - I only know one other DJ in the UK who has the b*lls to play Barry Manilow! :waycool: Respek! And in my Advanced semi, I was thrilled to be dancing to one of my favourite bands from my teen years (Huey Lewis and the News! :blush: ).

Such fantastic talent and effort from all the competitors. I have to mention Will and Kate's showcase :worthy: - I nearly cheered myself hoarse during those few minutes! An awesome display of dancing, guys :waycool: Also, the Big Love Show team were amazing - and I hope have whetted enough appetites to come and see the whole show (rehearsing today - ouch!). Both teams were very impressive - and I hope we'll see the Bristol Ladies strut their stuff again.

A special mention to ChrisA, my magnificent advanced partner :hug: and our team of supporters, TwK and Jayne :grin: As ever, it was lovely to see so many forumites out and about. This time I even managed to nab a dance from the Smurf and from Dave Hancock. Thanks, guys!

ChrisA
17th-October-2004, 09:19 PM
And in my Advanced semi, I was thrilled to be dancing to one of my favourite bands from my teen years (Huey Lewis and the News! :blush: ).

Goodness, is that what it was?? ;)

A special mention to ChrisA, my magnificent advanced partner :hug: and our team of supporters, TwK and Jayne :grin:

.... :yeah: :flower: :flower:

Not a bad foursome, IMHO :waycool: :wink: :devil:

I had a great day. Thank you. :hug:

Chris

Lindsay
17th-October-2004, 09:27 PM
HERE!!!! (http://linz.webspace.fish.co.uk/britroc.htm)

Divissima
17th-October-2004, 09:42 PM
Great photos, Lindsay :waycool:

Anyone else get some photos?

Minnie M
17th-October-2004, 10:34 PM
Well done everyone - nice to see so many forumite winners in the line-ups :clap: :cheers: :clap:

Really really gutted I missed you guys - can't you all come down again next weekend Please ? I'll make chicken soup :flower:

JohnSweeney
17th-October-2004, 10:38 PM
Filling in another gap:

The "Sweenettes" were (and still are!) Karen James and Linda Ford.

My thanks to two wondeful ladies. :grin:

And thanks to all the other lovely ladies who made my day so wonderful!

Looking forward to the DVD so I can watch all those fabulous performances again - especially Adam & Tas!

John

Lou
17th-October-2004, 11:06 PM
Inters - the Bristol Secret 2nd... - Becki & Matt -

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Am so pleased for them :grin: (Sorry, am so biased!) :D

Tiggerbabe
17th-October-2004, 11:47 PM
(Sorry, am so biased!) :D
Hee, that's ok Lou - you're allowed to be :hug: :hug:

Lou
18th-October-2004, 10:04 AM
Hee, that's ok Lou - you're allowed to be :hug: :hug:
:grin: Have I mentioned that I love those two to bits! :whistle:

And yay to the team, too! Go girls! :clap:

Sheepman
18th-October-2004, 10:12 AM
Had a fab day, as expected, excellent organisation throughout. Certainly the slickest presentations anywhere!
Great to see so many people from all over, the night just wasn't long enough to dance with many of them! :sad: Most of it has already been said, but a special mention to Phil and Yuko, congratulations, you were so good, loved your showcase as well, but was there anyone who could have beaten Adam and Tas in top form? Amazing.

Also to Under Par, what an achievement for your first competition! :worthy: And I'm not surprised, after watching you dance in the finals!

Lynn . . . She is beautifully light to dance with, and follows better than a lot of people who've been dancing a lot longer than she has. :flower: :yeah:

And I was lucky enough to get my first and only dance with Alex Motley (of The Builder showcase), we were hemmed in on all sides, but I can say she doesn't just save it for her performances! :worthy:

Greg

Chicklet
18th-October-2004, 11:27 AM
Great photos Linz, think you should be designated official forum photographer by now!!! :waycool:

But may I please just enquire...

WHAT on EARTH is John Lusby about to do with that banana behind the lovely Hazel???????????????????????
(Oh and well done to ALL!!!)

Lindsay
18th-October-2004, 11:35 AM
HERE!!!! (http://linz.webspace.fish.co.uk/britroc.htm)WHAT on EARTH is John Lusby about to do with that banana behind the lovely Hazel???????????????????????

:rofl: :rofl:
Well spotted Chickie... anyone's guess really!

ChrisA
18th-October-2004, 11:38 AM
Had a fab day, as expected, excellent organisation throughout. Certainly the slickest presentations anywhere!

Wasn't it just !!!!

I couldn't believe how quickly they got the results of each round out. It couldn't have been more than about 15 minutes max - maybe even less.

And pretty transparent too - voting sheets collected within a couple of minutes of the round, zoomed over to the scrutineer, and results up on the sheets outside in minutes.

Why on earth can't the other MJ competition organisers be as responsive???

Chris

ElaineB
18th-October-2004, 11:53 AM
Wasn't it just !!!!

I couldn't believe how quickly they got the results of each round out. It couldn't have been more than about 15 minutes max - maybe even less.

And pretty transparent too - voting sheets collected within a couple of minutes of the round, zoomed over to the scrutineer, and results up on the sheets outside in minutes.

Why on earth can't the other MJ competition organisers be as responsive???

Chris

Quite!! I had three changes to do during the day - (probably not as many as Andy :rofl: ), so it was really appreciated - especially as I was in the last section of the semi's in DWAS and the first in the semi's of the Advanced - had about 12 mins to get into my corset, which was not quite long enough apparantly....... :whistle: :rofl:

Elaine

Dreadful Scathe
18th-October-2004, 01:19 PM
What a fun competition that was. I was not too sure about doing the Double Trouble/Three Jive due to my exceptional lack of following talent, but Lindsays strong lead made it work - no wonder she has sore arms though. What a very patient woman she is ;) Siobhan the judge was very complimentary about us too!

It was also good to come 5th in the intermediate, despite many mistakes mainly due to nerves - saying that though, I was less nervous than in other competitions so I must be improving :). Im still curious as to what Clayton said to us as we collected our groovy Britroc towels, it sounded like 'You would have been 4th but...' and I never caught the rest, thought Fi would have but she didnt - it was probably good advice whatever it was ! (or it may have just been 'if you didnt suck so much!' :))

Many thanks to Clan McGregor for the hospitality above and beyond the call of duty - hope we can return the favour at some point :). Nice to meet the lovely ElaineB and very briefly at the end, Daisy - who expressed dissapointment as we were all leaving saying 'i really wanted to meet the smurf' when she was standing right next to me :)

This thread is far too luvy now though, so its up to CJ to come up with some suitable abuse ;)

ooh Im now in the centre of London (moorgate) all week - what venues should I go to ? :) Hipsters Tuesday night maybe....

Dreadful Scathe
18th-October-2004, 01:21 PM
Quite!! I had three changes to do during the day - (probably not as many as Andy :rofl: ), so it was really appreciated - especially as I was in the last section of the semi's in DWAS and the first in the semi's of the Advanced - had about 12 mins to get into my corset, which was not quite long enough apparantly....... :whistle: :rofl:

Elaine
....none of the male spectators were complaining :)

did anyone post up this results link yet ? (http://www.britroc.co.uk/results-2004.html)

Simon r
18th-October-2004, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=Sheepman]Had a fab day, as expected, excellent organisation throughout. Certainly the slickest presentations anywhere!
:yeah:

Great day out thanks to everyone from the both of us ...
a massive well done to Phil and Yuko.
Told you.....
:cheers:

Harry
18th-October-2004, 01:41 PM
well done Graham and Sarah and to all your team.Fantastic day very well run,and so to time!!!!
Music was fantastic from start to end .
Big congratulations to all who took part from all over AMAZING dancing from:Will and Kate:fantastic showcase
:Taz and adam: awesome
:Phil and yuko :Beautiful! so stylish
:simon and Nicole:love your style so much.

Could go on and on but need to get on to those closest to home.What can I say :WELL DONE THE SOUTH WEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:Keeley and simon :well done you were fantastic and well deserved that first place.
:lesley and Nick :you were fab fab fab fab fab!!!!!!!!!!!!2nd place
:Matt and Becky:you two should be so proud of yourselfs 2nd place inters .
:mark and Jackie:well done fab showcase so entertaining
:sue and Garth :well done on reaching the finals of the seniors.
:Elaine and Simon:you danced so well !!!
:Sherif :once again another dwas final well done!
:Tom and partner:First place at only 16!!you two did look fantastic.!!
:Gill and Lia :Well done in your first national together
:Nick and partner :3rd place in dwas well done !
:graham and gareth:well done for making anitas day!

And finally to those amazing 15 girls who joined me in the southwest team:
BOOTY!!!!!! LADIES.
Girls ,I am so proud of you all !,you put so much hard work into making this team a success it was a fantastic experience working with you all and made every bit of it worth while.Ok, so I put a few things together but it was everyone of you that made it a team.
To come 2nd behind such an amazing team by [1 POINT]I think is an honour and something I for sure am so proud of .

thankyou to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx roll on blackpool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JENNI XXXX

Andy McGregor
18th-October-2004, 01:41 PM
did anyone post up this results link yet ? (http://www.britroc.co.uk/results-2004.html)

Wow! That was quick :clap:

And it looks like we should have got a bottle of champagne each for our 3rd place in the Three Jive - we got a cheque made out to someone we'd never heard of :confused:

.. did I mention I came higher than Sheepman? :secondgloat:

Graham W
18th-October-2004, 03:24 PM
Well done also to Graham and Gareth who partnered the lovely Anita in her hour of need! (I don't think they took much persuading! :whistle: )

No, I didnt..
Sorry i couldnt do a better job - but u r Open standard, anita>>

And LL - can you tell Steve how chuffed I was to get into the Semi's of the DWAS comp. We had 'Car Wash' in one round and I absolutely loath that piece of music - but Steve interpreted it brilliantly!!

Dont tell Mark W!

Lindsay
18th-October-2004, 07:44 PM
What a fun competition that was. I was not too sure about doing the Double Trouble/Three Jive due to my exceptional lack of following talent

Such modesty- you were great! :hug:

Mary
18th-October-2004, 09:41 PM
Just like to add my congratulations to everyone else's. There was some great dancing to be seen - just a shame there can't be more winners. It just seems to get tougher with each competition in such a short space of time, and in every category, and lots of inspirational stuff to be seen.

I thought the whole event was excellent, and respect goes to Graham for compere-ing the whole day after being up til 4 am re-jigging the music!! :worthy: I reckon that must be one of the most knackering jobs. Excellent music all day. Some of the music for some of the rounds were a little tough, but then it shouldn't be too easy - and I always maintain that there is nothing that cannot be danced to (OK somebody prove me wrong now!), but you know what I mean. Oh, and Gordy - fab dance at the end - loved every second of it :flower:

Great venue - has all the right ingredients. Oh, and speed of the results - bl**dy fantastic. Ummmm, what else. Anyone who wasn't there missed a great day (sorry MM, must organise your diary more effectively :wink: ), and I still didn't get a chance to dance with lots of people in the evening (too busy gossiping :rolleyes: ) Looking forward to seeing lots of people again soon.

Well done everyone.

M

Dreadful Scathe
18th-October-2004, 09:56 PM
Just like to add my congratulations to everyone else's.
I forgot to thank Mary and Tony for their lovely words after the intermediate final -it was really, really appreciated :)

Mary
18th-October-2004, 11:03 PM
I forgot to thank Mary and Tony for their lovely words after the intermediate final -it was really, really appreciated :)

You're very welcome, and all true.

See you tomorrow? (Tues) at the H place.

M

Daisy
18th-October-2004, 11:32 PM
Many thanks to Clan McGregor for the hospitality above and beyond the call of duty - hope we can return the favour at some point :). Nice to meet the lovely ElaineB and very briefly at the end, Daisy - who expressed dissapointment as we were all leaving saying 'i really wanted to meet the smurf' when she was standing right next to me :)

Smurfy.....Sorry I didn't meet you earlier in the day......better late than never though. :blush:

I did mean to seek you out much earlier but I was so absorbed in competing that all normal stuff went out the window.

Well done on you intermediate final and I'm sure Clay would have been saying something positive and encouraging.

Congratulations to all those who reached their finals and special congrats to those who won and were placed. :clap:

Special mentions to Yuko and Phil....what champs :worthy:
Will & Kate......your new showcase is fab and is bound to be a future winner. :clap:
Adam & Taz....amazing as ever, I just wish I had your youth and energy. :worthy:
Mr Par and Jo.......fantastic for your first comp. Thanks for the move :wink:
Simon & Keeley.......excellent result. :cheers:
Andy & Lisa........well done :clap:

My final congrats go to, firstly the judges, who had a very long day and did a fab job :clap: , to Graham & Sarah for putting on the best run comp. in the south and Sally for her imput with the music which was spot on! :worthy: and finally to my lovely hubby Ray for having the strangth to go through the agony of practise and the strength to hoist ME above his head to music!!!............NO MEAN FEAT! :kiss: :rofl:

Britroc rocked! :worthy: :clap:

Gordon J Pownall
19th-October-2004, 02:03 PM
Why thank you........

ElaineB
20th-October-2004, 12:10 PM
Does anyone know how Veronica is after her injury on Saturday? :sad:

Elaine

Andy McGregor
20th-October-2004, 05:50 PM
The photos of the winners/placed couples are up on the website here (http://www.britroc.co.uk/results-2004.html)

Lynn
20th-October-2004, 06:00 PM
The photos of the winners/placed couples are up on the website here (http://www.britroc.co.uk/results-2004.html) What about a picture of the 3rd place in the 3 jive in their outfits? :devil:

David Franklin
20th-October-2004, 06:04 PM
What about a picture of the 3rd place in the 3 jive in their outfits? :devil:Apparently the photo processors sent that one back undeveloped. Had one of those "why we couldn't print this" stickers on it:

Frankly, we don't know what you did to get a picture like this, and we don't want to know. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm going to need counselling to get over the shock. To avoid problems like this in the future, we recommend keeping the lens cap on."

Dave

Lynn
20th-October-2004, 06:06 PM
Apparently the photo processors sent that one back undeveloped. Had one of those "why we couldn't print this" stickers on it: :rofl:

Almost an Angel
20th-October-2004, 06:12 PM
Apparently the photo processors sent that one back undeveloped. Had one of those "why we couldn't print this" stickers on it:

Dave
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Surely it can't be as bad as Andy & Rob at Weston - or can it!!!

ElaineB
20th-October-2004, 09:19 PM
The photo's of Britroc are on the website - www.photoboxgallery.com/JIVEPHOTOs.

Enjoy.........

Elaine

Chickadee
20th-October-2004, 09:24 PM
What about a picture of the 3rd place in the 3 jive in their outfits? :devil:

Outfits? What outfits? :whistle: :rofl:

Chickadee
20th-October-2004, 09:30 PM

Enjoy.........

Elaine

Damn! Just as I thought we'd got away with it! :eek:

Nice to meet you ElaineB, you looked gorgeous in that little black number! :drool: :hug:

Lynn
20th-October-2004, 09:49 PM
The photo's of Britroc are on the website - www.photoboxgallery.com/JIVEPHOTOs I didn't think there was any pics of me at all, I'm not doing very much in the pic :rofl: but I am smiling! :grin: (Must have been the second round - in the first round the look would have more on the lines of terrified ) :rofl:

Simon
20th-October-2004, 10:05 PM
Finally got time to post my thanks and congratulations! What a terrific event. Ditto to all the comments about the excellent organisation and the speedy results. I also thought the competition tracks were some of the most varied and inspiring I’ve heard at such events. :waycool:

My thanks to Keeley for dancing so brilliantly. After being so dire the night before and succeeding in making you fall over on the dancefloor after 5 seconds you really pulled us together on the day (also thanks for wearing the heels and not throwing up! :wink: ). :kiss:

As for the supporters from Bristol/Cardiff - you did us proud guys!! I am suffering from a lack of voice myself today from cheering various people on!

I can’t say a big enough Thank You to the guys and gals from Bristol/Wales who cheered us on. I owe you all an enormous debt of gratitude. Your response to the result was overwhelming. :kiss: :flower: :cheers:

Adam & Tas, your spotlight was absolutely amazing :worthy:

All of the Spotlights were wonderful. Mark and Jackie were on fire; Alex and Phil Motley were stunning; Phil and Yuko were style in motion and full of character with the way they coped with the music **** up! But when you’ve got Adam and Tas dancing out of this world there’s not much you can do! :what:

Jayne and Ray Godman: total respect and a inspiration to us all :clap:

and finally to my lovely hubby Ray for having the strangth to go through the agony of practise and the strength to hoist ME above his head to music!!!............NO MEAN FEAT! :kiss: :rofl:

Muchos muchos thank yous to Ray and Jane for putting up Keeley and I over the weekend. Your hospitality and generosity was extraordinary. Your dancing (placing in the Open) was indeed an inspiration. :kiss: :clap:

I was in the last section of the semi's in DWAS and the first in the semi's of the Advanced - had about 12 mins to get into my corset, which was not quite long enough apparantly....... :whistle: :rofl:
Elaine
Elaine, I did offer to help you with that corset! But after seeing you in those hotpants (which were hotter than hot) my hands started shaking so I might not have been much help after all! :whistle:

Could go on and on but need to get on to those closest to home.What can I say :WELL DONE THE SOUTH WEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lesley and Nick :you were fab fab fab fab fab!!!!!!!!!!!!2nd place
:Matt and Becky:you two should be so proud of yourselfs 2nd place inters .
:mark and Jackie:well done fab showcase so entertaining
:sue and Garth :well done on reaching the finals of the seniors.
:Elaine and Simon:you danced so well !!!
:Sherif :once again another dwas final well done!
:Tom and partner:First place at only 16!!you two did look fantastic.!!
:Gill and Lia :Well done in your first national together
:Nick and partner :3rd place in dwas well done !
:graham and gareth:well done for making anitas day!

And finally to those amazing 15 girls who joined me in the southwest team:
BOOTY!!!!!! LADIES.
Girls ,I am so proud of you all !,you put so much hard work into making this team a success it was a fantastic experience working with you all and made every bit of it worth while.Ok, so I put a few things together but it was everyone of you that made it a team.
To come 2nd behind such an amazing team by [1 POINT]I think is an honour and something I for sure am so proud of .

thankyou to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx roll on blackpool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JENNI XXXX
:yeah: Jen, what you’ve achieved is remarkable. I’m so proud of you and all the girls and I hope you are all rightly proud of your achievement. I can’t wait to see the Bristol Booty Ladies take to the floor again.

I was chuffed to bits with the result, but a fortnight earlier my girlfriend (Jenny) became my fiancée. Now there’s a result. :grin: :grin:

Divissima
21st-October-2004, 09:31 AM
Congratulations, Simon :flower:

I've just taken a look at the photos - and am again in awe of Beyton's (not sure if correct spelling) talent. Some fantastic shots :clap:

Almost an Angel
21st-October-2004, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know how Veronica is after her injury on Saturday? :sad:

I've had a text message from Veronika her knee is not good - she says

"It is pretty bad and painful and need a lot of rest, will be out of action for a while" :sad:

She'll be on crutches for a while until it heals so unless she's there to watch we probably won't be seeing her for a while. :sad:

Andy McGregor
21st-October-2004, 02:13 PM
Nice to meet you ElaineB, you looked gorgeous in that little black number! :drool: :hug:

And Chickadee looked and felt lovely in her little black number ... :devil:

Lory
21st-October-2004, 02:22 PM

Enjoy.........

ElaineI've just looked at the pics and they're fantastic!

Mary! What fantastic legs you've got! :really: No, I don't hate you.................much! :angry: :hug:

and Daisy (Jane)... you look amazing! :worthy:

Who took the pics?

Divissima
21st-October-2004, 02:26 PM
Who took the pics?Beytan - his photos are always fantastic. He was the official photographer at Britroc last year too!