PDA

View Full Version : Nantwich/Bowdon

TheTramp
3rd-October-2004, 07:59 PM
Hiya all...

So, is there anyone going to Bowdon on Thursday, or Nantwich on Saturday??

I'll probably be at both - heading down to Chester for the weekend. Be nice to meet any forumites that I don't know already...

Trampy

Alex Mitchell
4th-October-2004, 10:05 AM
Tramp, I'll be Dj-ing at Nantwich on Saturday . Be nice to meet such a legend as yourself !!. Why not come up and see me on the stage.

TheTramp
4th-October-2004, 10:07 AM
Tramp, I'll be Dj-ing at Nantwich on Saturday . Be nice to meet such a legend as yourself !!. Why not come up and see me on the stage.
I'm not sure that legend is the right word. Try beginner.

But I'll definitely pop up and have a chat. Look forward to meeting you :clap:

Trampy

Daisy Chain
4th-October-2004, 07:39 PM
OK if I mark you down on my dance card for the Mavericks Medley?
:whistle:

Daisy

(who loves to dance the night away)

Gojive
4th-October-2004, 09:04 PM
I plan to be at Nantwich on Saturday :)

TheTramp
5th-October-2004, 12:08 AM
Great!!! :cheers:

See you both there....

And Daisy. How will I recognise you, or you me??

Trampy

DianaS
5th-October-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi Northants Girle and I will be at Nantwich so will Diane (I expect) Sue and Jules (not on the Forum yet but soon to be introduced!) and probably Alex (my son) if he's not on a date!
I'll try and rememeber to bring some balloons this time so forumites can congregate
Danger Mouse David Y will you be coming?...
Always a good night
Diana

Gojive
5th-October-2004, 12:53 PM
Hi Northants Girle and I will be at Nantwich so will Diane (I expect) Sue and Jules (not on the Forum yet but soon to be introduced!) and probably Alex (my son) if he's not on a date!
I'll try and rememeber to bring some balloons this time so forumites can congregate
Danger Mouse David Y will you be coming?...
Always a good night
Diana

I look forward to a dance or three then Diana! :cheers:

DianaS
5th-October-2004, 04:22 PM
I look forward to a dance or three then Diana! :cheers:
Wey Hey, Gojive I'd better make use that I have flatties on then!
Remind me to introduce you to Sue and Jules they are the cream of the West Midlands and very cool dancers :D
Steve still wants to dance with you but we haven't told him yet that we're going!

Gojive
5th-October-2004, 06:13 PM
Wey Hey, Gojive I'd better make use that I have flatties on then!
Remind me to introduce you to Sue and Jules they are the cream of the West Midlands and very cool dancers :D
Steve still wants to dance with you but we haven't told him yet that we're going!

Noooo! Don't tell him D!!......I need to maximise my time with female species of dancers! :flower: :flower:

DavidY
5th-October-2004, 11:23 PM
David Y will you be coming?...'fraid not Diana. I'm probably going to the freestyle at Marcus Garvey instead.

DianaS
7th-October-2004, 12:01 PM
'fraid not Diana. I'm probably going to the freestyle at Marcus Garvey instead.
Northants Girlie and I will be at Nantwich
The excessive demands of both of us is too much for many a strong man -allegedly
Shame, 'cas we just can't help ourselves :what:

TheTramp
7th-October-2004, 12:02 PM
Northants Girlie and I will be at Nantwich
The excessive demands of both of us is too much for many a strong man -allegedly
Shame, 'cas we just can't help ourselves :what:
We'll see!!!

Trampy

Northants Girly
7th-October-2004, 12:06 PM
We'll see!!!

Trampy

So - how will I recognise you Trampy??

Graham
7th-October-2004, 12:27 PM
So - how will I recognise you Trampy??
Tempting though it is to provide a description :devil: , in the interests of peace and harmony I will limit myself to pointing out that he has a photo (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/member.php?u=289) in his profile.

TheTramp
7th-October-2004, 12:39 PM
Tempting though it is to provide a description :devil: ,
He was going to say that I'm fat, bald and ugly. And can't dance!! :tears:

Apparently Diana knows who I am...

Trampy

TheTramp
7th-October-2004, 01:48 PM
Right. That's it. On my way now. Watch out Bowdon and Nantwich!! :D

See you there! :hug:

Trampy

Gadget
7th-October-2004, 01:57 PM
He was going to say that I'm fat, bald and ugly. And can't dance!!
Naaa - stocky, shaven headed, can't dance... ballet: will give anything else a go. :D

Northants Girly
7th-October-2004, 02:09 PM
Naaa - stocky, shaven headed, can't dance... ballet: will give anything else a go. :D

Trampy - I have a vague memory of going to a freestyle at Wellingborough (ages ago) and being asked if I used to do ballet by someone who looked very much like you . . . . have you ever been to Wellingborough?

DianaS
7th-October-2004, 02:17 PM
Trampy - I have a vague memory of going to a freestyle at Wellingborough (ages ago) and being asked if I used to do ballet by someone who looked very much like you . . . . have you ever been to Wellingborough?
He has! It was a Bank Holiday Monday I saw him and watched from afar...

Northants Girly
7th-October-2004, 02:25 PM
He has! It was a Bank Holiday Monday I saw him and watched from afar...
The time I'm thinking wasn't the last bank holiday when you were there Diana - it was ages ago . . . .

DianaS
7th-October-2004, 02:32 PM
The time I'm thinking wasn't the last bank holiday when you were there Diana - it was ages ago . . . .
The one I'm thinking of was ages ago..

Daisy Chain
10th-October-2004, 03:03 PM
OK if I mark you down on my dance card for the Mavericks Medley?
:whistle:

:sad: Fotting DJ didn't play "Our Tune" so I didn't get to claim my dance with the Forum leg end. Still, Alex did play lots of other fab tunes including Trampy's other favourite Vem Vet :wink:

A Gutted Daisy
(who still loves to Dance the Night Away)

Gojive
11th-October-2004, 12:39 AM
I've just got to say, what a great night I had at Nantwich on Saturday :clap: :clap:

Diana - Lovely, charming and great dances (as ever) :flower:

Northants Girly - Wow!!! :worthy: :worthy:

Alex - The best set I've heard you play so far!. Plenty of swing for me thanks! :cheers:

Daisy Chain - I did have pin-stripe(ish) trousers, and initially a black/red shirt, followed by a white one later on....so was it my nose? :wink:

Trousers - Nice to meet you, shame I didn't get a chance to chat...next time maybe :)

Trampy - I can see why you have a grin like a Cheshire cat :wink:

Hayley - What a lovely girl :flower:

Have I missed anyone out?... :blush:

Alex Mitchell
11th-October-2004, 09:09 AM
Gojive, Thanks for the comments re the music played. Sorry I missed out Dance the night away Daisy, will play it next time though. Good to meet up with other forumites . Some of which I have known for a long time and not known they were on the forum ( Basil ). Great to meet the Tramp hope you get some snow in scotland this year for your Ski-ing. How did the Competition go on sunday GoJive? C U all again soon DJ ALex

Gojive
11th-October-2004, 10:41 AM
How did the Competition go on sunday GoJive?

We came fifth :D :D ....out of five :tears:

As for the competition music - well remember I mentioned how you'd played "Wade in the water" just as I was coming in on Sat, and how gutted I was at missing it?....it wouldn't have mattered anyhow, the music we were given was nothing like what we were expecting after all :sad: .

TheTramp
11th-October-2004, 11:32 AM
We had a great time at Nantwich on Saturday. Nice to meet some people. Shame to miss out on meeting other people!!

Thanks for some lovely dances :flower: and some great music :clap:

Trampy

Daisy Chain
11th-October-2004, 12:17 PM
Had a great time at Nantwich on Saturday night. So many lovely men :drool:

Loved 99% of Alex's music even if he didn't play the one for which I was waiting all night :tears:

Also loved that fab blue floor level fan by the stage which cooled me down without messing up my hair do. I'd much rather suffer cold feet than a bad hair night. I don't do bad hair...

A Coiffed Daisy

Alex Mitchell
11th-October-2004, 12:46 PM
Daisy, The blue floor fan was an experiment and provide by Peter from Ski and Rock. Apparently they are industrial carpet driers and provide a large volume of air movemnet at a low level. The ideas been that most fans are at body level and the main blast of air hits the first person and then bounces back to the fan. With this fan however it allow air to pass between legs and spread further into the room. Ps I dont' think I actually met you on Saturday so please come and see me next time. It will remind me to play the Mavericks for you. DJ ALex

Danger Mouse
11th-October-2004, 01:34 PM
Sorry I missed Nantwich on Saturday, it's one of my favourites, but I was 1000's of miles away in Dubrovnik. Still, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Northants Girly
11th-October-2004, 04:35 PM
"Come to Nantwich - you never get a duff dance!" said DianaS
and she was right!
Hello to everyone I met on Saturday in Nantwich and thankyou for the great dances :clap:

Hopefully I'll see you all again next time :grin: (If Diana invites me :flower: )

Linda x

DianaS
11th-October-2004, 08:19 PM
"Come to Nantwich - you never get a duff dance!" said DianaS
and she was right!
Hello to everyone I met on Saturday in Nantwich and thankyou for the great dances :clap:

Hopefully I'll see you all again next time :grin: (If Diana invites me :flower: )

Linda x
Linda you are so on! yea hey there's plenty of good nights ahead!