PDA

View Full Version : A night to remember

Minnie M
3rd-October-2004, 04:37 PM
Following on from the thread "What makes a good night" I thought (after last night) it would be interesting to ask fellow forumites which night THIS year stands out most to you

Last night's Rebel Yell in Woking, IMO had all the right ingrediants, the last night this year that good was the CerocMetro's Masked Ball.

What night do you remember most this year ?

TheTramp
3rd-October-2004, 04:51 PM
The blues room at Southport in May and September. The Friday night dance at Bristol before the competition this year. A couple of Beach Ballrooms in Aberdeen this year. And the Sunday night at the BFG :blush: :clap:

Trampy

philsmove
3rd-October-2004, 04:56 PM
Umm Yes I can just about remember last night

The two night that stand were also masked balls

One by trinity in Bristol, the other by jive magic at Cardiff

And of coarse the sheriff’s W S Mare event

Lory
3rd-October-2004, 05:14 PM
I'm in agreement, The Masked ball and the Sundays nights at both Southport and at the BFG, were fabulous! :worthy:

SteveB
3rd-October-2004, 05:34 PM
Although not on a night time - Adams blues class was fab at the BFG this year and deserves credit - We should have more of those mate, get some more sleep this time beforehand eh! :rofl:

Sunday night at the BFG was brill too especially after dancing with all those lovely southerners...Lory, Sparkles and Foxylady! :kiss: Get back up here you lot! :flower:

Tiggerbabe
3rd-October-2004, 06:15 PM
Last November's Beach Ballroom Party in Aberdeen - everything was just perfect - from the decoration in the hall, the Jive Aces, Franck's face during his birthday cabaret, the fab music and wonderful friends to dance with.

The Jive Masters final - what a fantastic venue and great event, wonderful to be part of it.

The Christmas party in Dunblane - made all the more special because Em was here.

All of the BFG parties, although Sunday's was just soooooooo chilled.

Tiggerbabe
3rd-October-2004, 06:19 PM
And just before anyone says some of these are not this year - I've gone for a year from today so they "nearly" all qualify :wink: :whistle:

One of my most memorable nights ever was Perth's opening night - the place was buzzin' - think we need an "all time most memorable night" thread Minnie :hug:

Lynn
3rd-October-2004, 06:59 PM
Blues room at Southport in September - both Sat and Sun night (but Sat night best as was less tired, even at 6am!!).

Northants Girly
3rd-October-2004, 11:18 PM
Blues room at Southport in September
:yeah:

MartinHarper
3rd-October-2004, 11:28 PM
Best night? My very first JazzJive night, towards the start of the year. A regular beginner's class. A handful of simple moves. Good company, good dancing, and the start of an addiction. There've been other good nights since - dancing to King Pleasure was a fantastic experience - but nothing's quite the same as a first date. :)

cerocmetro
3rd-October-2004, 11:41 PM
the last night this year that good was the CerocMetro's Masked Ball.

Thank you Minnie. It is also a great compliment to ALL the people who were involved in the evening, alas too many to name.

My best ever nights regretfully are never my own, I panic too much and end up never dancing. I had an amazing time at the BFG and I have to say if I am allowed to go back a bit, the night I met Mandy at Hammersmith at 8.27pm on Saturday 3rd July 1999. For some reason every track was perfect and the whole night just rocked.

I also remember very clearly my first ever night at Ceroc at Busbys. Mike Ellard was teaching and I knew then my life was going to change BIG time.

Adam

Minnie M
4th-October-2004, 12:40 PM
- think we need an "all time most memorable night" thread Minnie ......

Might be a bit late for that now, as some have already quoted their best night - although, might be an idea to collate the fav nights and put them in a poll - might do that :yeah:

I have to say my favorite nights are those when you dance EVERY dance and don't have time to ask anyone to dance as the guys are almost queueing to dance with me - it has only happened a couple of times and I was in Dancing Heaven at the time :drool: - you get on such a high that you can dance to anything and dance well with anyone and the music is like manner from heaven (where I am BTW) ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sheepman
4th-October-2004, 01:43 PM
I can't possibly go back a whole year, not because I can't recall them, but because it would bore you silly. So I'll try just the last month:-

Rebel Yell blues room last Saturday :swoon:
Last Tuesday in Jumpin' Jaks (Glasgow), great dancers, fab music (playlist PLEASE Franck), excellent dance floor, OK it was all over too soon but there was great company and a bottle of wine to chill out afterwards.
Sunday at the BFG, (I have to include the tea dance, because Lisa had gone home by the evening :tears: ). Great dancers, and at last my first dances with FC :drool:
Wednesday 8th September at Hipsters. Why so special on just an "ordinary" dance night, well everything seemed to be working, and I got my last dance with Hayley before she headed down under.
Saturday 4th Septmeber at Dance Inn Windsor, the best music I've heard played so far at this venue, space to play in an excellent venue great dancers, loadsa fun.

So that's at least 5 memorable nights for me in what was a "quiet" month . . .

Greg

drathzel
4th-October-2004, 02:03 PM
Last Tuesday in Jumpin' Jaks (Glasgow), great dancers, fab music (playlist PLEASE Franck), excellent dance floor,

Greg

Yeahy! Up the Glasgow JJ's!

Sorry getting all loyal there!

It was great to see you again after the BFG, more people should have stayed on. I agree that JJ's is a really good venue (not to put down the GUU)!

I have to say my best night ever would have to be a couple of weeks ago at Glasgows Tuesday class. I danced every song and had a really good time! I enjoyed the BFG but its nice to be in your own environment where you know most people and can ask everyone to dance! i was just a wee bit intimidated at the BFG, because of all the good dancers and i didn't want to get up and ask someone to dance then them completely hate the dance because of my inexperience!! At JJ's i can just ask cuz most people know the level that you are at and know what to expect! :D

Shona
4th-October-2004, 02:12 PM
My most memorable night has to be the Blues Night at Beach Boogie this year :worthy: The music, the atmosphere, the dances, everything was just perfect. Can't believe they kicked me out at 4am!! :angry: I could have been there for at least another 4 hrs.
S x.

Rhythm King
4th-October-2004, 03:29 PM
My most memorable night has to be the Blues Night at Beach Boogie this year :worthy: The music, the atmosphere, the dances, everything was just perfect. Can't believe they kicked me out at 4am!! :angry: I could have been there for at least another 4 hrs.
S x.

Good call Shona, you beat me to it! I also really enjoyed the Sunday night Blues room at Southport and especially the Friday night at the BFG, where I danced my socks off with fab people to really cool tchoons :worthy: . Of the "normal" nights this year, Hipsters on 3 Aug was particularly hot, as far as I was concerned. There have been plenty of others too, Amir's T-dance before last for example, but I must stop or I'll just be regurgitating my entire dance diary for the last 12 months!
From the watching point of view I think my favourite cabarets this year have been Amir and Johnny at Beach Boogie ("Do you have the balls to be Johnny?" :rofl: ) and Jordan and Tatiana at Rebel Yell :worthy: .

R-K

cerocmetro
4th-October-2004, 03:47 PM

Good call Shona, you beat me to it! I also really enjoyed the Sunday night Blues room at Southport and especially the Friday night at the BFG, where I danced my socks off with fab people to really cool tchoons :worthy:R-K

Hey does this mean I need to think of a cool name so I can DJ more? :eek:

I'm a DJ :whistle:

Rapmeizter? DJ smooth, Liquid Vinyl, :rofl:

Ideas please?

Adam

Sheepman
4th-October-2004, 04:11 PM
Ideas please? You can't have Sheepman, that's already gone :wink:
Danielle, you really shouldn't worry about asking anyone to dance (yeah I know it is easy to say). You obviously enjoy it so much that it has to be a pleasure. :flower:

Greg

cerocmetro
4th-October-2004, 04:20 PM
You can't have Sheepman, that's already gone :wink:
Danielle, you really shouldn't worry about asking anyone to dance (yeah I know it is easy to say). You obviously enjoy it so much that it has to be a pleasure. :flower:

Greg

Wolfman, eater of sheep? :yum:

Danielle, you shy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Adam

TheTramp
4th-October-2004, 04:20 PM

I'm a DJ :whistle:

Rapmeizter? DJ smooth, Liquid Vinyl, :rofl:

Ideas please?

You can't have Sheepman, that's already gone :wink:

I'm willing to sell you 'theTramp' for a reasonable consideration. Comes with it's own theme tune!!

Trampy

Rhythm King
4th-October-2004, 04:35 PM

Aren't you off to the Antipodes any minute now? You could be DJ Kiwifruit til you go, but you'll have to change it down under. Hmm, Wellington.. -boot?, -bomber, Duke of...? Beef Wellington? DJ Jivemaster perhaps? Bother, I'm rambling now, will come back if I think of something witty.
Sold any dvds recently?

CJ
4th-October-2004, 04:41 PM
Aren't you off to the Antipodes any minute now? You could be DJ Kiwifruit til you go, but you'll have to change it down under. Hmm, Wellington.. -boot?, -bomber, Duke of...? Beef Wellington? DJ Jivemaster perhaps? Bother, I'm rambling now, will come back if I think of something witty.
Sold any dvds recently?

How about:

"DJ Down Under"

Add an antipodean accent and it sounds like: DODGY Downunder. :D

Gadget
4th-October-2004, 05:11 PM
Got to be something round the "Pink Panther" - somehow the cartoon of Cleuso seems to sit well with the image of Adam... Actually, remember the film MIB and the double eyelid alien that Will Smith runs down at the start?; somehow that reminds me of him too :what:

CJ
4th-October-2004, 05:16 PM
Got to be something round the "Pink Panther" - somehow the cartoon of Cleuso seems to sit well with the image of Adam... Actually, remember the film MIB and the double eyelid alien that Will Smith runs down at the start?; somehow that reminds me of him too :what:

DJ Beumb?!?

Rhythm King
4th-October-2004, 05:19 PM
DJ Beumb?!?

Do you have a leesenz feur that minkee?

Rhythm King
4th-October-2004, 05:20 PM
What do you mean "it's Adam"???!!!

drathzel
4th-October-2004, 08:00 PM
Wolfman, eater of sheep? :yum:

Danielle, you shy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Adam

I am very shy! Especially when good dancers dance with me! :blush:

Sparkles
4th-October-2004, 09:06 PM
I am very shy! Especially when good dancers dance with me! :blush:
You have nothing to worry about as far as Adam is concearned then :wink:
(luv ya really, Babe :flower: )

cerocmetro
5th-October-2004, 12:02 AM

Oh great, just bloody great and someone else compared me to the sloth in Ice age as well today, any wonder I am having a bad day :tears: :tears:

Adam aka sloth aka double eyelidded alien thing aka oi you

Bangers & Mash
5th-October-2004, 12:14 AM
Oh great, just bloody great and someone else compared me to the sloth in Ice age as well today, any wonder I am having a bad day :tears: :tears:

Adam aka sloth aka double eyelidded alien thing aka oi you

I never saw the resemblance until you posted it but now... :rofl:

I wonder what it would have looked like to see the sloth dancing the blues? :rofl: :rofl:

:cheers:

cerocmetro
5th-October-2004, 12:19 AM
I never saw the resemblance until you posted it but now... :rofl:

I wonder what it would have looked like to see the sloth dancing the blues? :rofl: :rofl:

:cheers:

Apparantley the same as me standing in the snow having just got out the Jacuzzi. Blue, jumping up and down and feeling bloody stupid :sick:

Adam

drathzel
5th-October-2004, 08:48 AM
Apparantley the same as me standing in the snow having just got out the Jacuzzi. Blue, jumping up and down and feeling bloody stupid :sick:

Adam

That i'd like to see. If not just for the comedy value :D