PDA

View Full Version : What to do on your birthday

Robin
2nd-October-2004, 06:20 PM
Just curious what people do on their birthday seeing as Andy McGregor just wants to shop & dance

The dancing I'm sure everyone can relate to ... the shop bit is good for me too , but what else ?

Without being too crude, bedroom "antics" are probably high up there for most people. :devil:

Lindsay
2nd-October-2004, 10:29 PM
:cool: Never work, always take the day off if you can
:confused: Wake up when you wake up
:) Open any pressies/cards
:yum: Full English brekkie
:blush: And back to bed

Gadget
2nd-October-2004, 10:58 PM
If I took my birthday off, I would probably try to be off the next day as well...

Wake up when I wake up,
have a cooked breakfast, or even better, have someone cook me breakfast,
Go out for a walk allong cliffs or through a forrest - away from everyone,
Eat a chipper/fast food lunch about 2pm sitting on a bench in a city, watching everyone rush past,
Window-shop for a while, go into a book shop and read for a while, perhaps buying a book,
go home and have tea waiting for me and sit down with my family to eat it,
Read the kids a bedtime story and put them to bed,
go out and dance untill they kicked me out
walk someone home (or give them a lift) poss stay up talking till silly hours in the morning
Have a shower before crawling into a cool, freshly made bed.
read a bit of the book bought earlier
sleep.

:waycool: :D

... unfortunatly it never works out that way. :tears:

baldrick
4th-October-2004, 07:06 PM
Did a trapeeze work shop a couple of years ago. That was fun and very rewarding.

Tweetie
4th-October-2004, 10:14 PM
eat chocolate +++++ :clap:

stewart38
12th-October-2004, 02:09 PM
I just get older :sad:

Dreadful Scathe
12th-October-2004, 02:21 PM
I just cried and cried on my Birthday :)

...so I've no idea why people want to celebrate that particular event every year! :)

Lynn
12th-October-2004, 03:11 PM
:cool: Never work, always take the day off if you can My birthday is the end of May so when I was a student I was usually revising :tears: , then when working I was never allowed to take it off as there was always end of month deadlines to meet :tears: but I work more flexible hours now so I can take it off if I want! :clap:

Stuart
12th-October-2004, 03:41 PM
For my fortieth birthday, I abseiled off the top of the west stand at Twickenham Rugby Stadium. I can't really remember very much as I had my eyes closed for most of the way down!

Divissima
13th-October-2004, 10:30 AM
I always take the day off work (and the next day) - got to have some compensation for having birthday on 23rd December! Having a Christmas birthday is a bit unfortunate - all the annual celebrations are over in the space of two weeks (birthday, Christmas, New Year) and then you have to wait a whole year for them to come round again.

I've never yet managed to go out dancing actually on my birthday - there has never been a MJ night I can get to on the night. I'd love to go to the Christmas Eve freestyle in Twyford this year, if I can work out how I'll get to my parents' afterwards.

I like to spend the day catching up with family and friends - and maybe doing some shopping, if I can face the crowds.

drathzel
13th-October-2004, 02:05 PM
I try something new. This year i tried japanese food! yummy!