PDA

View Full Version : Busks

Gadget
30th-September-2004, 04:18 PM
With a few people missing on some busks recently, I thought it may be an idea to have a dedicated thread for them:

I couldn't interest you in dancing even more then??! We're hoping to have an Aberdeen busk on the afternoon of 16th October before the Aberdeen party(weather permitting). You have just got to be there!

CJ
1st-October-2004, 12:00 PM
Cool.

I'll bring my guitar...

Graham
1st-October-2004, 12:04 PM
I hear that Chicklet is amazing on the mouth organ......... :wink:

She's probably also got a hat we can use. :grin:

Franck
1st-October-2004, 12:12 PM
With a few people missing on some busks recently, I thought it may be an idea to have a dedicated thread for them:Great idea Gadget! :nice:

Apart from the 16th October in Aberdeen, we are also busking on the 23rd October in Dundee to help build up the new night at Jumpin' Jaks on a Wednesdays (and get more dancers on a Monday too :D ).

As ever anyone around is welcome to join us and dance in the street, you provide the dancing, we bring music, leaflets and drink + nibbles afterward!

SteveB
3rd-October-2004, 03:44 PM
I'll be going to both, licourice allsorts please Franck...... :drool:

TheTramp
3rd-October-2004, 04:47 PM
I'll be going to both, licourice allsorts please Franck...... :drool:
:yeah:

I'll be there too (as always). Not so keen on the liquorice though!! Will dance for maltesers :D

Trampy

SteveB
3rd-October-2004, 05:15 PM
:yeah:

I'll be there too (as always). Not so keen on the liquorice though!! Will dance for maltesers :D

Trampy

Bring me some then mate and i'll dance with ya :rofl:

If thats ok!

TheTramp
3rd-October-2004, 05:24 PM
You mean you're not going to turn me down again then!! :tears:

Trampy

SteveB
3rd-October-2004, 05:37 PM
You mean you're not going to turn me down again then!! :tears:

Trampy

Sorry about that.....i'll bring the maltesers as a make - up!!!

xSalsa_Angelx
4th-October-2004, 12:13 PM
Sounds cool .... cya there then Franck and Steve, save a dance for me :)

Dance Demon
4th-October-2004, 05:26 PM
Any news of a new date for a busk in Stirling Franck?

Little Monkey
4th-October-2004, 05:53 PM
busking on the 23rd October in Dundee to help build up the new night at Jumpin' Jaks on a Wednesdays (and get more dancers on a Monday too :D ).

As ever anyone around is welcome to join us and dance in the street, you provide the dancing, we bring music, leaflets and drink + nibbles afterward!

Any idea where the busk will take place?? Are monkeys allowed to participate?

Little Monkey

baldrick
4th-October-2004, 06:53 PM
I'll give it a go, if I reappear in time. Always fancied showing off in public :clap:

PretzelMeister
4th-October-2004, 09:46 PM
Any idea where the busk will take place?? Are monkeys allowed to participate?

Little Monkey
- Only if they don't wear black & white shoes I'd suggest - don't want to intimidate / scare off potential new recruits now, do we? :wink: :rofl:

PM

Gadget
14th-October-2004, 01:06 AM
16th October in Aberdeen, ...
As ever anyone around is welcome to join us and dance in the street, you provide the dancing, we bring music, leaflets and drink + nibbles !
For anyone who may just wander by; it's scheduled this Saturday from about 1pm-3pm outside Marks & Spencers/Trinity Center

(...unless it's peeing down I assume)

TheTramp
14th-October-2004, 01:17 AM
(...unless it's peeing down I assume)
Weather forecast isn't great :tears:

But what do they know anyhow?!?

Trampy

drathzel
14th-October-2004, 08:43 AM
Weather forecast isn't great :tears:

But what do they know anyhow?!?

Trampy

what happens if it is raining? do you all just go and get drunk?

TheTramp
14th-October-2004, 08:59 AM
what happens if it is raining? do you all just go and get drunk?
Why? Do you want to come now, in the hope that it rains?? :na:

Trampy

drathzel
14th-October-2004, 01:22 PM
Why? Do you want to come now, in the hope that it rains?? :na:

Trampy

if we are getting drunk? i'm going to be getting drunk with my friend steph anyway!!! Dont need to come to aberdeen for that!
:hug:

Tiggerbabe
16th-October-2004, 10:11 AM
Weather not looking too great :sad: but hopefully it's a lot brighter in sunny Aberdeen this morning. *fingers crossed*

Have a great time at the busk everyone :tears: (don't think I'm gonna get there this time)
I'll see you all in Dundee next week :hug: :grin:

TheTramp
16th-October-2004, 10:46 AM
Have a great time at the busk everyone :tears: (don't think I'm gonna get there this time)
If anyone from Aberdeen is reading this today (Saturday 16th), then the busk is currently going ahead. I hear it's not currently raining in Aberdeen, and the weather forecast is for the weather to improve to cloudy with sunny spells by 1pm.

See you all there :cheers:

Trampy

drathzel
16th-October-2004, 05:18 PM
If anyone from Aberdeen is reading this today (Saturday 16th), then the busk is currently going ahead. I hear it's not currently raining in Aberdeen, and the weather forecast is for the weather to improve to cloudy with sunny spells by 1pm.

See you all there :cheers:

Trampy

Hope you alll had fun!!! when's the next Glasgow busk?

Graham
16th-October-2004, 05:27 PM
Since Franck is still on holiday I'll hazard a guess at 2005.

drathzel
16th-October-2004, 05:30 PM
Since Franck is still on holiday I'll hazard a guess at 2005.

cool, whens he back?

Graham
16th-October-2004, 05:42 PM
Tomorrow I believe.

Lisa
18th-October-2004, 10:05 AM
I just wanted to say a HUGE HUGE THANKS to all the dedicated dancers who took part in the busk on Sat! Thanks guys ….you all make the Aberdeen venues buzzing! :clap: :clap:

I thought we all had a lot of fun...… and we didn’t even notice the raindrops after a while. :flower: Hopefully we'll get lots of new recruits.... Gadget's daughter Logan was even recruiting at her tender age! (Going for the cute factor!)

I enjoyed Trampy’s themed music… “it’s raining men etc….” was one he started with. What were the others? Raindrops are falling on my head.... take me dancing naked in the rain... :rofl: :rofl:

Lisa xx

Lisa
18th-October-2004, 10:08 AM
I'll see you all in Dundee next week :hug: :grin:

If you're asking, we're coming!!!! Fingers crossed for dry weather!

Lisa xx

filthycute
18th-October-2004, 12:57 PM
Can anyone enlighten me as to where the busk will be taking place in Dundee?

Info required please

Ta

filthycute x x

Franck
18th-October-2004, 01:12 PM
Can anyone enlighten me as to where the busk will be taking place in Dundee?Busk is at 12.00 outside Boots in the High Street. :nice:

Currently hoping that Dundee lives up to its reputation as Scotland's sunniest city! :waycool:

drathzel
18th-October-2004, 02:24 PM
Busk is at 12.00 outside Boots in the High Street. :nice:

Currently hoping that Dundee lives up to its reputation as Scotland's sunniest city! :waycool:

Can anyone go or is it just dundonians?

TheTramp
18th-October-2004, 03:19 PM
I just wanted to say a HUGE HUGE THANKS to all the dedicated dancers who took part in the busk on Sat! Thanks guys ….you all make the Aberdeen venues buzzing! :clap: :clap:
Can I just echo Lisa's thanks. I had a great time, both at the busk, and in the pub afterwards (drying off). Thanks to all for coming, and putting up with the rain, and the equipment failing. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves too :hug:

Trampy

Jive Brummie
18th-October-2004, 03:32 PM
Can anyone go or is it just dundonians?

Drathzel..........get your ass to Dundee.....busks are not exclusive, the more the merrier....and me and you haven't danced yet.....have we?

JB x x

drathzel
18th-October-2004, 04:57 PM
Drathzel..........get your ass to Dundee.....busks are not exclusive, the more the merrier....and me and you haven't danced yet.....have we?

JB x x

No we haven't, so i shall look forward to it. I'll be in dundee anyway so i will try and make it up!! How long will you be dancing for, and can i be late?

Little Monkey
18th-October-2004, 05:47 PM
No we haven't, so i shall look forward to it. I'll be in dundee anyway so i will try and make it up!! How long will you be dancing for, and can i be late?
We'll be there waiting for you.... You'll really enjoy dancing with Jive Brummie, he's a great dancer and.... A laugh! But don't wear a tail.... Think he's got a phobia... :whistle:

- Only if they don't wear black & white shoes I'd suggest - don't want to intimidate / scare off potential new recruits now, do we?
PM
Promise - no b'n'w shoes.... Don't want to ruin the soles!! :D And I'll only scare off new recruits if they're not male...sexy....young.... :drool:

Monkey

Tiggerbabe
18th-October-2004, 08:35 PM
If you're asking, we're coming!!!!
Brilliant!!! Really missed doing the busk last week, see you on Saturday :hug: :hug:

drathzel
19th-October-2004, 01:35 PM
We'll be there waiting for you.... You'll really enjoy dancing with Jive Brummie, he's a great dancer and.... A laugh! But don't wear a tail.... Think he's got a phobia... :whistle:

I shall look forward to it! I was thinking of wearing a tale butnot til the evening!!

Promise - no b'n'w shoes.... Don't want to ruin the soles!! :D And I'll only scare off new recruits if they're not male...sexy....young.... :drool:

Monkey

MMMM Didn't think about that.....mmmm! :drool:

Franck
22nd-October-2004, 09:32 AM
Currently hoping that Dundee lives up to its reputation as Scotland's sunniest city! :waycool:Ok guys, great news :waycool:

I have managed to secure the Wellgate Shopping Centre as a venue for the busk, so we will be indoors :D :clap:

For those of you that read that message, could you pass on the message to meet in the Wellgate Centre, on Level 2 (on the bridge) instead of Boots. I'll have someone hang out at Boots anyway to redirect strays :wink:

See you all tomorrow for the biggest busk, and the best party ever in Dundee!!! Remember to order your tickets if you haven't got one already.

Pauline
22nd-October-2004, 12:35 PM
Ok guys, great news :waycool:

I have managed to secure the Wellgate Shopping Centre as a venue for the busk, so we will be indoors.

Its meant to be gorgeous sunshine in Dundee tomorrow ok still be a bit cold at 12 degrees but you'd soon warm up.

Wouldn't think you'd get so much interest being in the Wellgate as not very popular these days as not really any decent shops in it anymore. :sad:

Pauline
22nd-October-2004, 03:10 PM
On second thoughts it is still really windy here so inside probably would be better just a shame its in the Wellgate Centre and not in the Overgate Centre. Hope to still make it though. :nice:

drathzel
22nd-October-2004, 08:16 PM
Can any one answer my question on what to wear? Clothes and footwear wise! :hug:

Lorna
22nd-October-2004, 08:46 PM
Hi,

yep to answer your question. Just wear something comfortable. I tend to dance in my dance trainers on busks - to save the soles on my good dance shoes. But again wear shoes that you know you will be comfortable in.

I am really looking forward to the whole day tomorrow. I have even done a bit of home baking for the event. I will be bringing home-made chocolate brownies and scones for all you die hard cerocers. I hope that this will encourage even more of you to come along and join in the busk with us.

Looking forward to all the great dances tomorrow,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

drathzel
22nd-October-2004, 08:49 PM
Hi,

yep to answer your question. Just wear something comfortable. I tend to dance in my dance trainers on busks - to save the soles on my good dance shoes. But again wear shoes that you know you will be comfortable in.

I am really looking forward to the whole day tomorrow. I have even done a bit of home baking for the event. I will be bringing home-made chocolate brownies and scones for all you die hard cerocers. I hope that this will encourage even more of you to come along and join in the busk with us.

Looking forward to all the great dances tomorrow,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

What if we dont have dance trainers!?

i dont know if have shoes to wear :tears: !

Mmmm Chocolate brownies!!! :drool: :drool:

Tiggerbabe
22nd-October-2004, 09:10 PM
Hiya Drathzel - what question? :wink:

For the busk, trousers and a t-shirt with your normal dance shoes - as we're inside you'll not ruin the soles. You might get a ceroc t-shirt from Franck to wear at the busk depending on how many he's got with him (you need to give it back though :D ). See you at noon in the Wellgate centre - near Supadrug, Level 2. :hug:

drathzel
22nd-October-2004, 09:21 PM
Hiya Drathzel - what question? :wink:

For the busk, trousers and a t-shirt with your normal dance shoes - as we're inside you'll not ruin the soles. You might get a ceroc t-shirt from Franck to wear at the busk depending on how many he's got with him (you need to give it back though :D ). See you at noon in the Wellgate centre - near Supadrug, Level 2. :hug:

i have no idea where that is how ever i will have to try and find it! But i will just wear what i wear normally! My jeans and my not so good dance shoes!!! Yeahy.... i'm so excited!!!! :hug:

baldrick
24th-October-2004, 02:18 PM
We went, we danced. In public with people watching and everything