PDA

View Full Version : Scottish dancers visiting deep south!

Janet
30th-September-2004, 02:48 PM
I hate to take the spotlight away from the BFG thread (sounds like I missed a good weekend :tears: ) but it is just for a minute.

A couple of us are coming down at the weekend for the Hipsters Friday night freestyle and Rebel Yell on Saturday. We are staying in Woking so that we can sleep as late as possible on Saturday morning! Is there anyone out there going to Hipsters on Friday who could maybe pick us up from/take us back to the hotel in Woking? All 'reasonable' methods of payment considered. :yum:
References will be taken. :wink:

Who else is all going so I can put some faces to (forum) names? I arrived too late for the Forum gathering at Southport so missed out on meeting so many people.

Janet
:nice:

Rhythm King
30th-September-2004, 03:48 PM
I hate to take the spotlight away from the BFG thread (sounds like I missed a good weekend :tears: ) but it is just for a minute.

A couple of us are coming down at the weekend for the Hipsters Friday night freestyle and Rebel Yell on Saturday. We are staying in Woking so that we can sleep as late as possible on Saturday morning! Is there anyone out there going to Hipsters on Friday who could maybe pick us up from/take us back to the hotel in Woking? All 'reasonable' methods of payment considered. :yum:
References will be taken. :wink:

Who else is all going so I can put some faces to (forum) names? I arrived too late for the Forum gathering at Southport so missed out on meeting so many people.

Janet
:nice:
Hi

I'm going to both Hipsters and The Rebel Yell. Unfortunately I live East, rather than West and therefore can't offer you a lift. I am available for dances though :flower:

R-K

Gojive
30th-September-2004, 04:07 PM
Hi Janet :)

I won't be at Hipsters I'm afraid, but I will be at Rebel Yell (daytime only). Now we need to find a way of forumites meeting each other..... :cheers:

under par
30th-September-2004, 04:10 PM
Mrs Par and I not at Hipsters but at Rebel Yell for the evening only.

I am the very tall one and Mrs Par will be shining brightly in my shadow.

Hope to meet some of you there.

Andy McGregor
30th-September-2004, 06:26 PM
Woking seems quite northern to some of us.

I'm sorry I'm not going to Hipsters on Friday otherwise I'd have been pleased to have helped.

Here's my excuse. It's my birthday on Saturday and I'd like to be awake for it. Phat Fridays always leave me worn out the next day as I usually don't get to be 'til nearly 4am and I have to do the school run at 8am the next day.

This sounds like a fab dance weekend. I hear the cabarets at Rebel Yell will be fabulous.

Lounge Lizard
30th-September-2004, 06:37 PM
Hi Janet :)

I won't be at Hipsters I'm afraid, but I will be at Rebel Yell (daytime only). Now we need to find a way of forumites meeting each other..... :cheers:the forumites can meet in the swing room before the cabaret say between 9 & 10
cant miss me I am the little one with a silly hat and loud jacket on
LL

Daisy
30th-September-2004, 07:23 PM
You may be able to make the journey by train.

The hotels in Woking are walking distance from the station and you will be on the Waterloo line.

From there you should be able to get a tube or bus the Ealing Broadway. It may even be quicker if you change to the tube at Clapham junction.

Hipsters usually finishes at 1am so you may need to leave a bit earlier to catch the last tube and train.

Hope this is of help. Normally we would be able to give you a lift as we pass Woking on our way to Hipsters but due to Rebel Yell we are having a quieter night on Fri. Sorry.

Good luck :flower:

RobC
1st-October-2004, 09:08 AM
A couple of us are coming down at the weekend for the Hipsters Friday night freestyle and Rebel Yell on Saturday. We are staying in Woking so that we can sleep as late as possible on Saturday morning! Is there anyone out there going to Hipsters on Friday who could maybe pick us up from/take us back to the hotel in Woking?
I am going to Hipsters tonight, but have a wedding tomorrow so won't be at Rebel Yell. Just tried PM'ing you my details in case you still want a lift, but you have exceeded your message quota and it won't deliver my PM. If you still want a lift, PM me.

Dreadful Scathe
1st-October-2004, 10:01 AM
What days is Hipsters on anyway...and does anyone on the forum ever go to the Reading Ceroc venue ?

TheTramp
1st-October-2004, 10:01 AM
All the time Smurf. Haven't you seen all the previous threads about Twyford??

Hipsters is usually Tues/Wed. But once a month they have a Friday thing going on...

Trampy

Divissima
1st-October-2004, 10:34 AM
All the time Smurf. Haven't you seen all the previous threads about Twyford??Twyford is the Ceroc Reading Friday night venue - and it's fab :clap: Are you planning on dropping by, DS? Do let us know if you are... :flower:

Janet
1st-October-2004, 11:05 AM
OK. Before the Smurf totally highjacks this thread...

Thanks Peter for the suggestion. An hour in the swing room to meet forumites sounds good to me. So RK, Gojive, Daisy and anyone else who's there, I look forward to meeting you tomorrow. LL I know already and Underpar. Hope to get some more great dances with you both. RobC, thanks for your offer. Sent you a PM. Hope to meet you tonight!

Janet

Dreadful Scathe
1st-October-2004, 11:12 AM

cheeky...have you finished now...can I hijack ? :)

I thought Twyford was a place i.e. a town - but I take it its an Area of Reading then. Unfortunately I cant do Friday nights but I can do next Tuesday in Reading :) So I'll see anyone who goes there in a few days time ;)

RobC
1st-October-2004, 11:36 AM
I can do next Tuesday in Reading :) So I'll see anyone who goes there in a few days time ;)
Alternatively, a short 30min hop up the M4 and you could be at Hipsters :wink:

Minnie M
1st-October-2004, 11:57 AM

Thanks Peter for the suggestion. An hour in the swing room to meet forumites sounds good to me. So RK, Gojive, Daisy and anyone else who's there, I look forward to meeting you tomorrow. LL I know already and Underpar. Hope to get some more great dances with you both. RobC, thanks for your offer. Sent you a PM. Hope to meet you tonight!

Janet

Check the REBEL YELL 2004 thread - I'll be there too :clap:

Divissima
1st-October-2004, 01:44 PM
I thought Twyford was a place i.e. a town - but I take it its an Area of Reading then. Right first time - Twyford is a town. But it isn't far from Reading and is owned by the Ceroc Reading franchise - under the magnificent Bill Cooper.

Unfortunately I cant do Friday nights but I can do next Tuesday in Reading :) So I'll see anyone who goes there in a few days time ;) Alas, can't make it that far from London on a schoolnight. I'll have to wait for my dance at Britroc, Smurfy :wink:

under par
4th-October-2004, 01:12 AM
Hope Janet you had a great weekend. Sorry to miss dancing with you at Woking!

Hope your trip to Paris goes well.

See you again soon. :hug: :yeah: