PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Masters 2004

Gojive
30th-September-2004, 12:25 AM
Forgive me if this has been raised before (I did a search but nothing seems to have been done in the past).....

Has anyone here competed in the Mini-Masters competition at Chigwell?, or is anyone in the last remaining heat?.

If so, what are your thoughts, experiences etc?.

Is it humanly possible to be more terrified than I and my dance partner are feeling right now, as we get ever closer to the event?....

Did you prepare?....what was the floor like?.....

Help!!! :tears:

ianmate
30th-September-2004, 12:41 AM
Has anyone here competed in the Mini-Masters competition at Chigwell?, or is anyone in the last remaining heat?.

If so, what are your thoughts, experiences etc?.

Is it humanly possible to be more terrified than I and my dance partner are feeling right now, as we get ever closer to the event?....

Did you prepare?....what was the floor like?.....

Help!!! :tears:

See http://www.jivemasters.com/2004/minimasters.html for a list of who's completed so far, I don't know how many are forumites.

Yours truely is also in the next, and last, MM heat and I've just had my first practice session with my new partner today (in the living room in our socks :waycool: )

The venue is a little spartan as it's an aerobics studio, but the crowd get in nice and close to give some athmosphere and the floor is pretty good.

The trick is, once the music starts, mentally divide the universe into two halves: in one half is the music and your partner, and in the other is the rest of the world (and the that half doesn't matter...)

C u there

Ian

Gojive
30th-September-2004, 11:53 AM
See http://www.jivemasters.com/2004/minimasters.html for a list of who's completed so far, I don't know how many are forumites.

Yours truely is also in the next, and last, MM heat and I've just had my first practice session with my new partner today (in the living room in our socks :waycool: )

The venue is a little spartan as it's an aerobics studio, but the crowd get in nice and close to give some athmosphere and the floor is pretty good.

The trick is, once the music starts, mentally divide the universe into two halves: in one half is the music and your partner, and in the other is the rest of the world (and the that half doesn't matter...)

C u there

Ian

Ian, many thanks for this :) .

Are the crowd on all four sides?

I wish I could say I was looking forward to competing against you on the 10th, but I'm not looking forward to this at all now! :eek: .

I'm sure we'll be ok once we're on the floor, but it's just the thought only one couple at a time, and knowing all eyes are on us for a while *gulp*!

My dance partner is coming over to my place tonight to get some practise in, so dancing in socks will be the order of the night here as well :cheers:

ianmate
30th-September-2004, 11:45 PM
Are the crowd on all four sides?

Kinda one and three halves - they're mostly on one side where the cameras are, with a few scattered around the rest of the hall.

I wish I could say I was looking forward to competing against you on the 10th, but I'm not looking forward to this at all now! :eek: .

Oh hush now :cheers: