PDA

View Full Version : Perth venue launch & busking dates

Franck
22nd-October-2002, 01:51 PM
Ok, I am now in a position to give you more details about the new venue in Perth.

The night will be launched on Thursday 23rd January with a Free opening night at our new Perth venue: Sportsters.
As it will be free, I am sure it will be very busy so it will be a great buzz.

To promote the launch there will be 2 busks in Perth City Centre (indoors, in the St John Shopping Centre), and everyone who is free and willing to help out is welcome.

The dates for the busk will be

- Thursday 21st November, between 5.30pm and 8.00pm (I am aware this is an unusual time, but I think it could be fun and very successful + all their Saturdays in 2002 are booked for Christmas shopping :sad: )

- Saturday 18th January: The main busk, the Saturday before the launch, between 11.30am and 3.30pm

If you are interested in helping out, please email me with the dates you are available. As mentioned in another thread, buskers will be provided with snacks & refreshments after the dancing, and I'll try and organize something fun to do later on as well :wink:
I need to know in advance who will be going so I can plan t-shirts etc. and have a balanced number of men / women.

Cheers,

Franck.

Steven
22nd-October-2002, 03:12 PM
If the Perth venue is as good as you were saying it was on sunday in the pub then I think it will be a great success.

I will definately be available for the busk on the thursday night (21st November)..........should be able to make the main busk on the saturday in January as well :grin:

Looking forward to it

Cheers
Steven

Gadget
22nd-October-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Franck
The night will be launched on Thursday 23rd January with a Free opening night at our new Perth venue: Sportsters.
As it will be free, I am sure it will be very busy so it will be a great buzz.If it didn't fall on my birthday, I would be there.:nice: :sad: Can't even help at the promo's either :(
I'm sure it will be a huge sucess, even without my input :p :D

John S
12th-November-2002, 04:37 PM
Any news of when and where the Stirling venue or busking will be?

(My son is at the University and I've threatened him with a public display of his dad's dancing abilities. After all, what's a parent for, if not to embarrass the offspring?)

Franck
13th-November-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by John S
Any news of when and where the Stirling venue or busking will be?Hi John,

At the moment, I do not have further details for Stirling, except that I am planning the opening date for Tuesday 10th March. We will probably be busking in February. At the moment, I am mostly concentrating on Perth as it will open first.

Re busking, we are having a "Late-night Shopping Busk" on Thursday 5.30pm 'til 7.30 / 8.00pm at the St John Shopping Centre in Perth.
Everyone is welcome to join us either for a dance or to support us, but I would appreciate it if you could let me know (by email / PM / Phone) so that I can have an idea of numbers in advance.
I will be there early to set-up, so if you want to make it earlier, let me know.
After the busk, I am planning a bite to eat and a few drinks for everyone, so make sure you don't miss out!

Re. the venue for Perth, the opening date is now set for Thursday 23rd January 2003, in Sportsters, a new Pub / Club, in Methven Street (right in the centre of Perth).

Cheers,

Franck.