PDA

View Full Version : X-mas is coming...

Chicklet
27th-September-2004, 09:00 AM
Anyone got one of those 'lectric boxes for printing photies from a flash card in the comfort of one's home???

Any good??

Also, what are we buying for the boy and girl who have everything this year?

I have spotted a fab book called "1000 places to see before you die"
Fab for the loo, bad for the credit card however as likely to light a little wanderlust fire..... :waycool:

Dance Demon
27th-September-2004, 10:24 AM

How about a course of antibiotics.........:wink: :D

dee
27th-September-2004, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=

:[/QUOTE]

How about some nice black bin bags? or maybe a skip :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
27th-September-2004, 01:08 PM
Anyone got one of those 'lectric boxes for printing photies from a flash card in the comfort of one's home???

what you mean a printer ? :) they tend to cost a bit more but not by much - flash card printers that is.

Or you can get multiflashcard readery things really cheap from either ebuyer.co.uk or 7dayshop.co.uk and use a normal printer. £30-£40 for a new Epson inkjet best value as the ink/print/cost ratio is pretty good.

You can never have enough flash cards though ;)

Chicklet
27th-September-2004, 01:29 PM
what you mean a printer ? :) they tend to cost a bit more but not by much - flash card printers that is.

Or you can get multiflashcard readery things really cheap from either ebuyer.co.uk or 7dayshop.co.uk and use a normal printer. £30-£40 for a new Epson inkjet best value as the ink/print/cost ratio is pretty good.

You can never have enough flash cards though ;)

Ah your hints are so subtle bluie.

now the WHOLE POINT is that no computer will ever darken the door of a particular homestead (NOR MINE!!! :angry: ) BUT digital camera has been allowed, but finding it difficult to view CD, even with superduper magnifying glass....so using "normal" printer not an option.

Dreadful Scathe
27th-September-2004, 01:33 PM
aha then indeed you have two choices young chickwalker....get a flash reading printer or take your flash cards to be developed in boots - its not too expensive and theyll give you prints and a CD full of pictures which you can then view on any decent DVD player (£30 if you don't have one already) -. To be honset viewing pictures on TV is much handier, not to mention cheaper, than passing round the prints. Its more fun too, 'oooh look at little jimmy' etc.. is then a more social thing and the whole room can be unanimous about 'what an ugly baby' you've got or whatever :).

Chicklet
27th-September-2004, 02:03 PM
my FAVOURITE Smurfie-pie

I looooooove you for being so loooooooovely and h'explaining it all, but I do actually know alllllllllll of this and was really just wondering if the flash reading printers, as cunningly mentioned in the first post, are any smurfin good? :D :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
27th-September-2004, 02:25 PM
they are just as good, they can cost a bit more cos of the reader functionality.

have a look here for some examples (http://www.digital-cameras.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=8&cat=Printers&refid=Google&catid=PrinterScanner). You do want to watch for ink costs as a cheap printer is often deceptive - sometimes in can cost more than £20 for a cartridge!! Lexmark is bad for that i think, epson is generally good, i think canons are ok but am not 100% on this.

just found this epson printer (http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=64814) with 6 in 1 reader - sounds good for £70.

under par
27th-September-2004, 05:29 PM
they are just as good, they can cost a bit more cos of the reader functionality.

have a look here for some examples (http://www.digital-cameras.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=8&cat=Printers&refid=Google&catid=PrinterScanner). You do want to watch for ink costs as a cheap printer is often deceptive - sometimes in can cost more than £20 for a cartridge!! Lexmark is bad for that i think, epson is generally good, i think canons are ok but am not 100% on this.

just found this epson printer (http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=64814) with 6 in 1 reader - sounds good for £70.

Smurfy, I have a Pentax digital camera and a data card. 128 i think.

could I buy one of the printers above and print photos ??? or would I need some other equipment ??

I have a PC at home with an Epsom c62 printer is taht any good for photos ??

A lost soul!

Graham
27th-September-2004, 05:45 PM
Yes, the epson printer quoted would be able to read your card and print photos from it.

The printer you have is capable of printing photos. I have no idea how subjectively good at this it is - I suggest you suck it and see :wink:

Missy D
27th-September-2004, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=

:

How about some nice black bin bags? or maybe a skip :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Not sure we are ever on the same level as anyone else Dee just talk Lexmark or Epson printers. :whistle:

Depends on the ages of the boy or girl who have everything! let me know and i will have a think on it!

dee
27th-September-2004, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=Missy D]Not sure we are ever on the same level as anyone else Dee

I do have a few spare hamsters

Dreadful Scathe
27th-September-2004, 06:10 PM
I do have a few spare hamsters
I'm off hamster, too stringy, you got any gorilla though Im starving ?

dee
27th-September-2004, 06:22 PM
I'm off hamster, too stringy, you got any gorilla though Im starving ?

Have 2 kids if they are any good :flower:

Daisy
27th-September-2004, 10:29 PM
I have an Epson Photo925 printer but the contrast is too high on it....does anyone know how I can change this? :sick:

Dreadful Scathe
27th-September-2004, 10:59 PM
I have an Epson Photo925 printer but the contrast is too high on it....does anyone know how I can change this? :sick:
read this (http://www.ephotozine.com/equipment/tests/testdetail.cfm?test_id=163)

Graham
28th-September-2004, 10:17 AM
Have 2 kids if they are any good :flower:
No, goat's too tough.

Rhythm King
28th-September-2004, 12:11 PM
No, goat's too tough.

You've obviously never experienced a decent Ghurkha "Bhat" (goat curry). Fantastic!

Gordon J Pownall
28th-September-2004, 01:49 PM
You've obviously never experienced a decent Ghurkha "Bhat" (goat curry). Fantastic!

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :worthy: :worthy: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: