PDA

View Full Version : London - Charlton on Wednesday's

Dan Hudson
27th-September-2004, 08:48 AM
Word on the street is, that there will be a guest DJ at Charlton for the next 4 weeks :eek:

None other than the mighty MR ANDY MCGREGOR :yum: :worthy:

Andy is reletively new to the DJ scene and his style of music will bring a welcome addition to the already fabulous Ceroc Greenwich repetoire. :clap:

Hopefully Emma will rejoin us after her work committments have relented somewhat :flower:

Make sure you get down to Charlton and see Andy and the rest of the team in action....

This week also sees the return of Kelly, following a baby and a severed finger, she returns to the stage!! :worthy:

If you are a forumite and want to try us out, PM me and I will arrange 1/2 price entry!! :cheers:

Minnie M
1st-October-2004, 06:30 PM
Did the mighty McGrester measure up :rolleyes: :whistle:

Dan Hudson
1st-October-2004, 07:13 PM
He was more than adequate.. what he hasn't got in height he makes up for in talent! :rofl:

Why don'y you come down and see him next week?? :devil:

Lounge Lizard
1st-October-2004, 07:14 PM
Did the mighty McGrester measure up :rolleyes: :whistle:please Minnie some questions are best left un-asked specialy after THAT photo :sick:

Andy McGregor
1st-October-2004, 08:06 PM
He was more than adequate.. what he hasn't got in height he makes up for in talent! :rofl:

Why don'y you come down and see him next week?? :devil:

I would just like to say that 70% of the musical choices I made were Emma's. I didn't want to play a set that was totally unfamiliar to the locals so I printed off a couple of Emma's recent playlists and regarded that as my bible - but I did play some of my current faves and ended the night with the Ute Lempur version of All that Jazz :waycool:

And, now that Hipsters is taking a break from Wednesday nights* I think that Charlton would be a great alternative. Good floor, a bar, good lesson, good sounds (hopefully :blush: ) and a friendly bunch of nice dancers. As Dan says, come on down :clap:

* Copied from the most recent Jive Time email - Next Wednesday, the 6th of October, will be our last Vibe Night for 2004. Due to a number of third party major events taking place in the Victoria Hall on Wednesday night up to Christmas, we have decided to temporarily close on Wednesday at Ealing rather than suffer major disruption with the event being transferred across smaller venues. But watch this space for the Grand re-opening in February 2005.

angelique
4th-October-2004, 10:06 AM
Word on the street is, that there will be a guest DJ at Charlton for the next 4 weeks :eek:

Andy is reletively new to the DJ scene and his style of music will bring a welcome addition to the already fabulous Ceroc Greenwich repetoire. :clap: The VERY best of luck to you Andy in your new venture :flower:
and complete admiration for taking the plunge and following your heart to try out something new! :worthy: I am sure you will be a GREAT hit especially if you wear something lovely.....something similar to what I saw you dressed in at Southport.....(the unedited piccies NOT posted on here!!) :rofl: :whistle:
Hopefully Emma will rejoin us after her work committments have relented somewhat :flower: "Emma......dont let em work ya too hard hun! They say all work and no play makes ya miss out on dancing! :hug:
This week also sees the return of Kelly, following a baby and a severed finger, she returns to the stage!! :worthy:
And, last but not least......Good Luck Mrs Dan in your return to dancing/teaching....Knock 'em dead! :wink: :kiss:

TheTramp
4th-October-2004, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=Dan Hudson]Word on the street is, that there will be a guest DJ at Charlton for the next 4 weeks :eek:

Andy is reletively new to the DJ scene and his style of music will bring a welcome addition to the already fabulous Ceroc Greenwich repetoire. :clap:

The VERY best of luck to you Andy in your new venture :flower:
and complete admiration for taking the plunge and following your heart to try out something new! :worthy: I am sure you will be a GREAT hit especially if you wear something lovely.....something similar to what I saw you dressed in at Southport.....(the unedited piccies NOT posted on here!!) :rofl: :whistle:

Hopefully Emma will rejoin us after her work committments have relented somewhat :flower:

Emma......dont let em work ya too hard hun! They say all work and no play makes ya miss out on dancing! :hug:

This week also sees the return of Kelly, following a baby and a severed finger, she returns to the stage!! :worthy: And, last but not least......Good Luck Mrs Dan in your return to dancing/teaching....Knock 'em daed! :wink: :kiss:
Oh lord. I really need editing powers!!! :worthy:

Are you putting in an early effort for next years forum awards then Ang??

Trampy

angelique
4th-October-2004, 10:13 AM
No Steve...........am trying this new concept of being nice to people.....somebody told me to try it as am usually so evil! :grin:
Nice to see you Steve,beginning to think you were working far too hard these days....heaven forbid! :whistle: :wink:

TheTramp
4th-October-2004, 10:15 AM
Nice to see you too Ang....

Be even nicer to see you for a dance sometime soon....

Be nice to people? What a strange concept!!

Trampy

Lory
4th-October-2004, 10:15 AM
Angelique my dear, pop round anytime for a short lesson on the use of HTML QUOTES! :hug: :flower:

TheTramp
4th-October-2004, 10:16 AM
Angelique my dear, pop round anytime for a short lesson on the use of HTML QUOTES! :hug: :flower:
You go girl!! :clap: :worthy:

Trampy

angelique
4th-October-2004, 10:34 AM
:yeah:

Thanks Lory, you are well aware of my ability on this computer thing.....or lack of it!. I am gonna take you up on your offer so get the kettle on, get the best biccies out and kick off yer shoes hun, cos it's gonna be a long, hard day! :rofl:

Reading back though, you and Steve wouldn't be er, how shall I put it? Taking the P**S would ya? :whistle: :kiss:

Lory
4th-October-2004, 10:37 AM
:yeah:

Thanks Lory, you are well aware of my ability on this computer thing.....or lack of it!. I am gonna take you up on your offer so get the kettle on, get the best biccies out and kick off yer shoes hun, cos it's gonna be a long, hard day! :rofl:

Oooooh my short telephone lesson seems to be paying off already! :clap: Kettles on babe! :hug:

angelique
4th-October-2004, 10:38 AM
Be even nicer to see you for a dance sometime soon.... :

:D
When? when? when? when? :drool:
Just name the day but promise me one thing? :whistle:
DONT TALK BOUT MY PUTER SKILLS!!!!! :hug: :kiss:

TheTramp
4th-October-2004, 10:44 AM
Reading back though, you and Steve wouldn't be er, how shall I put it? Taking the P**S would ya? :whistle: :kiss:
Now then. Would we do a thing like that??? :whistle: :innocent:

You'll have to come up here for the dance though. I've got no plans for being down south at the moment. Well, no further south than Chester anyhow...

Trampy

Dan Hudson
10th-October-2004, 03:49 PM
Its Kels 30th birthday next Sat (16th ) and we will be celebrating it at Charlton this Wednesday.. apart from the usual highlights there will be the following:

virgin vie rep selling sparkles and the like :waycool:
dance shoes for sale
brand name jewellery
emma's artwork and t-shirts.... :drool:

do you need any other reasons to ocme down....

also get in before 8pm and the cost is only £3.00 :what: :clap:

hope to see you there

dan :flower: :cheers:

Andy McGregor
10th-October-2004, 04:57 PM
do you need any other reasons to come down....

I'll be bringing Minnie M with me :clap:

Minnie M
10th-October-2004, 05:20 PM
I'll be bringing Minnie M with me :clap:

:eek: I do hope that won't put anyone off coming :whistle:

Dan Hudson
11th-October-2004, 08:19 AM
:eek: I do hope that won't put anyone off coming :whistle:

I think it will double the numbers Minnie M :worthy:

All aboard the bus to Charlton for Wednesday :whistle: :rofl:

Dan Hudson
13th-October-2004, 01:18 PM
Errr :confused:

its tonght...don't forget.... :D

£3.00 before 8pm :clap:

See you there

Dan :flower:

Andy McGregor
13th-October-2004, 01:23 PM
Errr :confused:

its tonght...don't forget.... :D

Is it the spelling of tonight that's got you confused :devil:

Minnie M
14th-October-2004, 11:59 AM
Lots and lots of happy people - thought at first :confused:

Are they here for Andy :rolleyes:

Are they here cors they heard I was going :whistle:

NO - they were there to wish the very lovely Kelly :clap: Happy Birthday

complete with a very hairy set of bums spelling out their wishes :eek: :eek:

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY KELLY :cheers:

Great night - Andy played a a stonkin' set which they all loved - had lots of lovely dances (never got to dance with The Wacko - saw his bum tho :eek: ) was really lovely to see Emma again too :kiss:

Thank you for the invite Dan :hug: - now go away and spoil your lovely lady this weekend - she deserves it :yeah:

Minnie M
14th-October-2004, 06:01 PM
Where's the photos Dan :whistle: