PDA

View Full Version : BFG Orphans

Minnie M
25th-September-2004, 08:46 AM
For those of us who can't make it to the BFG :tears: what will you be doing this weekend ?

Divissima
25th-September-2004, 09:13 AM
Twyford freestyle tonight and maybe Jive Masters tomorrow night :waycool: Hope to see other orphans there....

Yliander
25th-September-2004, 09:35 AM
I couldn't go to the BFG :tears: (has something to do with living on the other side of the world me thinks)

So I am going to a bush dance this evening and a makeup class and routine training tomorrow

philsmove
25th-September-2004, 09:38 AM
LeRoc 2000 St Bonn BRISTOL

Andy McGregor
25th-September-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm spending 10 hours at Findon Village Hall today. I'm opening up for competition dancers to practice for Britroc from 2pm-6pm. While that's going on I'll be setting up the DJ gear and cooking. Then I'm running a party for 22 12/13 year olds and teaching them the Cha-Cha slide. And from 8-midnight I'm having a birthday party for me - I'll be 48 next Saturday. but I don't want a party then as there's loads of dances that day and I want to go to one of them. I really want to go to the birthday party Gus has got organised on my birthday but it's a long way :tears:

Tomorrow I'm going to shop in Blue Water 'til 5pm, have a light meal and then go to spectate/vote at the Jive Masters. I would joke that I've already chosen who I think should be first and second, but I won't as some people might believe me :wink:

So I've managed to fill my weekend - but I'm sure the BFG'ers are having more fun :clap:

Gus
25th-September-2004, 10:53 AM
Me ..... I'm for the simpler things in life .... BIG pub crawl with Baby Brother through the sophisticated watering holes in yuppie Didsbury ... trying to bring the area down to our level. Unfortunately on Sunday I'm training my crew so I'll need to sober up by PM (and remember what the heck I'm supposed to be training them to do :sick: )

Lynn
25th-September-2004, 10:55 AM
but I'm sure the BFG'ers are having more fun :clap: :yeah: Than me anyway. Working today :tears: (from home, must get off the forum and get on with it!) and I think I'm doing some sort of dancing tonight... but don't know where or what :what: I will get details later (But I do know it's not jive!) I hope all the BFGers are having a great time and look forward to hearing all about it on here!

Gus
25th-September-2004, 10:59 AM
I really want to go to the birthday party Gus has got organised on my birthday but it's a long way :tears:Sorry mate ... next time I'll try to get one thats closer :grin: I will try to remember to dress up in my best micro-mini and fishnets in special memory of you ... maybe. Seems like all the GOOOOOOD people are having their birthdays next week!

jivecat
25th-September-2004, 11:23 AM
I'm p****d off because I'm in the mood for dancing and YET AGAIN there is nowhere within an hour's drive of Leicester to dance tonight. If anyone knows different then please let me know.

So....chilling out after last weekend's excesses, phoning friends/relatives, taking back some of that stuff I bought last week, looking at the forum, reading the paper, checking my bank statement, cutting the hedge, cleaning the house. Ho hum.

Andy McGregor
25th-September-2004, 11:52 AM
I'm p****d off because I'm in the mood for dancing and YET AGAIN there is nowhere within an hour's drive of Leicester to dance tonight. If anyone knows different then please let me know.

Come to Jive Masters on Sunday night. It can't be more than an hour and a half away.

..and I think there's a video :whistle:

DavidB
25th-September-2004, 12:42 PM
there is nowhere within an hour's drive of Leicester to dance tonight.You could always drive like TwK and make it to Twyford in a hour...

Lou
25th-September-2004, 02:15 PM
Same as Phil. Am wandering off to a workshop in Bristol this afternoon. Mark & Simone Harding with some Ozzie moves, and then to a freestyle a bit later. So if anyone fancies the drive.... :nice:

under par
25th-September-2004, 02:33 PM
I went to Hove last night to see Mark and Simone Harding do a fantasic caberet with loads of great aerials.

Dashed away from that venue to work a night shift until 0700 this morning, slept ...now trying to get the energy to go to Magregors all day training and party before another night shift at 2300 tonight........................................... ...................... and then there is another night shift tomorrow and one on Monday........maybe I'll stay in today! :eek:

DianaS
25th-September-2004, 02:49 PM
Went to Wythall freestyle last night, had some really good dances, then cut and ran to Digbeth to a salsa party with some friends. I've never done salsa but figured they've been doing it for two years so should be able to lead and I can always follow. It was a scream. They wiggle and shake like nothing on earth, dance with no frame and stamp their feet to the rhythm of the music -which seemed all to be 6/8 time with syncopation thrown in for good effect. The syncopation sort of worked like kind of a quick step. By half one we left, it was quite smoky, I'd been asked to dance by three strangers who evidently could see that I hadn't a clue but just improvised, they were brave fellows who found my movement and feel foreign and confusing!

Tonight it's a birthday meal for Sue so will be whipping up some desserts later and putting some time into getting the garden ready for winter.

I was glad to see this thread 'cas i thought every one was at the bFG and it was just me home alone

Enjoy the weekend
Diana

Peter
25th-September-2004, 04:29 PM
Its my 3 year old daughter's birthday today ... so birthday everything today, ending with a birthday dance at Twyford. And tomorrow I am flying to the South of France to rescue my sick mother ...

Emma
25th-September-2004, 05:24 PM
I'm chilling. It's luverlee :nice: