PDA

View Full Version : Move requests in classes

MartinHarper
24th-September-2004, 01:37 PM
We've talked about DJs taking (or not taking) requests for songs... but how about giving teachers requests for moves? A good way to brush up on the move(s) we want to, or does teach know best?

Leo
25th-September-2004, 12:25 AM
Don't be silly. How many teachers do you know that can do moves by request?

Dazzle
25th-September-2004, 12:40 AM
Requests for moves to be taught in a future class may be OK, but on the night would be difficult. Most of all, if people are paying for lessons, then the lessons should be prepared for :flower: . It is the least to expect. Even so, the teacher should know his audience and they may feel that a move may be inappropriate for those present, etc., and in the same way as a DJ may take a request, they may not necesarily play it.

philsmove
25th-September-2004, 08:25 AM
Clifton LeRoc replete one move from the previous week, the repeated move is by request

Yliander
25th-September-2004, 09:07 AM
here in Perth (Australia) there is one repeat move in the beginners class from the week before. Don't think it is very practical for teachers to take requests on the night of the class but we have been known to take them for the next week.

In consolidation class if we have got through that weeks class quickly - will offer to take requests

Gadget
27th-September-2004, 05:10 PM
I think that it depends on the teacher - I think that Lorna and Lisa have a half idea of what they want to do and it changes as they walk it through with their demo, but I'm sure that there are a couple of guidelines that they try to work to:
- a "classic intermediate" move
- a more complex or interesting move
- a variation on a move from the begginer's class that night
- a similar move to last week's
If you can catch them before the lesson, then (if it's somethig similar to what they were thinking) they may add it in, but would be more likley to help you with the move and give you advice on how to lead/perform it better.