PDA

View Full Version : Morris Dancing Workshop - Sat 9th October

Will
24th-September-2004, 12:43 PM
Morris Jigs workshop
The Folk Association of South Hampshire is sponsoring a Cotswold Morris Jigs Workshop on Saturday 9th October at Soberton in Hampshire with instruction, demonstrations and music provided by members of The Winchester Morris Men. The workshop is open to anyone but some experience of Cotswold Morris stepping would be an advantage. The workshop will cover the jigs from Bledington, Bampton (in the style of the late Arnold Woodley's side) and if time permits Headington Quarry. Places are expected to be limited so please ring or email to book in advance.

When: Saturday 9th October 2004, 9.30 am to 4.00 pm
Where: Soberton Village Hall (7 miles north of Fareham, 10 mile south east of Winchester)
Cost: £5.00. Tea, coffee and squash will be provided.
A lunch of soup and pies, quiches etc will be available at a cost of £3.00.

Bookings or Queries
Phone: Stroph Rayner on 023 80252112
Email: stroph&btinternet.com to book a place and to book lunch (stating if vegetarian or any other dietary restrictions).

Gordon J Pownall
24th-September-2004, 01:17 PM
Where: Soberton Village Hall (7 miles north of Fareham, 10 mile south east of Winchester)

What time do you want me, Andy McG, Trampy and Franck to pick you up Will..?????

:really:

Peter
24th-September-2004, 01:33 PM
Email: stroph&btinternet.com to book a place and to book lunch (stating if vegetarian or any other dietary restrictions).

I'm having trouble with the email address ... should it be stroph@btinternet.com ?

Will
24th-September-2004, 01:40 PM
http://www.geocities.com/tokyo/subway/4346/images/morris/rounds.jpg

Peter
24th-September-2004, 01:44 PM
There may be some forumites who do not know that the Cotswold Morris Jig is an opportunity for an individual performer to show their skills. This can be by a change of emphasis, or expansion of style, without the constraints imposed by a team of dancers. As well as frequently being used in a ceremonial role to distinguish the solo dancer, the Jig is a valuable device for the Squire of a club to present a varied and more interesting programme.

Will
24th-September-2004, 01:46 PM
I'd like to thank my esteemed colleague Peter for the above instruction.

I'd further recommend interested parties to check out the Website of The Morris Men of Foggy Bottom (http://www.fbmm-morris.org/)

ElaineB
24th-September-2004, 05:27 PM
It will be really good to see this form of dancing being introduced. After all there have been elements of Salsa, Tango, WCS, Hip Hop in MJ!! Can't wait to see if Amir takes on the challenge! :rofl:

Oh and be careful where you hang your bells guys! :whistle:

Elaine

Graham W
25th-September-2004, 12:36 AM
[experience of Cotswold Morris stepping would be an advantage. The workshop will cover the jigs from Bledington, Bampton (in the style of the late Arnold Woodley's side) and if time permits Headington Quarry. Places are expected to be limited so please ring or email to book in advance.

Cost: £5.00. Tea, coffee and squash will be provided.
A lunch of soup and pies, quiches etc will be available at a cost of £3.00.

Bookings or Queries
Phone: Stroph Rayner on 023 80252112
Email: stroph&btinternet.com to book a place and to book lunch (stating if vegetarian or any other dietary restrictions).[/QUOTE]

Arnold's my hero - damn Gareth got there first, ...

tiger
25th-September-2004, 02:01 PM
What time do you want me, Andy McG, Trampy and Franck to pick you up Will..?????

:really:
+ Sweeny