PDA

View Full Version : BFG Update

Franck
21st-September-2004, 03:02 PM
Just a few last minute updates for the fab BFG week-end... :D

• First of all, the last masterclass on Sunday afternoon will be Turbo Jive with David Martin. This class will concentrate on how to handle faster music.

• Kingdom of dance shoes and dancewear will be present over the week-end and will have a stall in the Bells arena, so anyone looking for new dance shoes / outfits would do well to pay them a visit.

• A quick change to the DJ line-up, unfortunately Emma won't be able to join us this week-end (but she will be back :wink: ) so the Saturday tea-dance will be presented by the Mighty Tiggerbabe (aka Sheena)

• The workshops are now almost full, but I could use a few more men to help balance the numbers, so any man out there undecided please contact me as I can offer a very good deal...

Finally, there is still time to place your votes on the BFG Awards, the ceremony should be a laugh and we need your votes!!! Just send a PM to 'Forum Awards' or myself and your vote will be added up.

Can't wait to see you all for more dancing!

Tiggerbabe
22nd-September-2004, 01:23 AM
Only 3 more sleeps :clap: really looking forward to Adam and Sheepman's music on Friday night, CJ and Trampy on Saturday and then DD on Sunday - I'm in the mood for 3 great parties :wink: :D :clap:
Actually 5 if you count the tea dances - wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Lou
22nd-September-2004, 07:47 AM
:sick: I'll be there in spirit...... Play plenty of Steps, won't you, Sheena? :na: :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-September-2004, 07:57 AM
Finally, there is still time to place your votes on the BFG Awards, the ceremony should be a laugh and we need your votes!!! Just send a PM to 'Forum Awards' or myself and your vote will be added up.

No No No. Did I do the form for nothing ?! SEND YOUR VOTES HERE (http://www.planetscathe.com/feedback.html) :) Its easy and still confidential.

Lory
22nd-September-2004, 08:19 AM
I can't believe, after all these months, it's nearly upon us! :eek: :clap:

I'd just like to say, if the rest of the Scottish crowd are even half as much fun as the ones I met at Southport, then it's going to be truly brilliant! :hug:

2 questions

Has anyone heard what the weather's supposed to be like up there, over the weekend, as I'm starting to pack! :)

Any good tips on treating blisters? I've got a bigg'n on my toe! :tears: (and don't say cut my toe off :D )

Gojive
22nd-September-2004, 08:28 AM
Has anyone heard what the weather's supposed to be like up there, over the weekend, as I'm starting to pack

Hmmm.....let me see.....Scotland.....September.......Just pack all your warm clothes and waterproofs Lory! :wink: :yum:

Now that's your dancewear sorted, as for going outside...... :D :D :na:

Gadget
22nd-September-2004, 09:15 AM
I'd just like to say, if the rest of the Scottish crowd are even half as much fun as the ones I met at Southport, then it's going to be truly brilliant! :hug:
fun?... perhaps "mAd" would be a better description :wink::D:hug:
(sorry, can't help with blisters :tears: )

Has anyone heard what the weather's supposed to be like up there, over the weekend, as I'm starting to pack! :)

Gordon J Pownall
22nd-September-2004, 09:40 AM
fun?... perhaps "mAd" would be a better description :wink::D:hug:
(sorry, can't help with blisters :tears: )

Gutted I'm not gonna be there.....

Please make sure you all dance gently with Adam though - he has to make an obscene trip back to host the JiveMasters September heat on Sunday evening and we would want him at his best.....! :whistle:

Lynn
22nd-September-2004, 10:15 AM
No No No. Did I do the form for nothing ?! SEND YOUR VOTES HERE (http://www.planetscathe.com/feedback.html) :) Its easy and still confidential. Can you vote even if you aren't going to be at the BFG?

Gadget
22nd-September-2004, 11:06 AM
Yes - you're a member of the forum, of course you can: The winners would be posted here anway :D

Lynn
22nd-September-2004, 11:12 AM
Yes - you're a member of the forum, of course you can: The winners would be posted here anway :D Better get thinking then... Shame I can't make it. Hope everyone has a great time!

Boomer
22nd-September-2004, 07:56 PM
...I'd just like to say, if the rest of the Scottish crowd are even half as much fun as the ones I met at Southport, then it's going to be truly brilliant! :hug:...

They are, and it will be! :D Still have good memoeries from BB last year.

Really looking forward to seeing who's pic wins the 'Mr Hancock looks most like a pschyo in this pics award' :grin: Oh, problem is Franck has reliably informed me that there will be a ban on camcorders and cameras this year...oh, and I'll be in costume apparently :what:

Oohh I'm getting excited...how many sleeps now?

Lory
22nd-September-2004, 08:37 PM
Oh, problem is Franck has reliably informed me that there will be a ban on camcorders and cameras this year

WHAT? :what: :tears:

Minnie M
22nd-September-2004, 09:32 PM
Gutted I'm not gonna be there.....

me too :yeah:

Bought myself a new kilt too :tears:

Boomer
22nd-September-2004, 09:42 PM
WHAT? :what: :tears:

'Fraid so. Franck has comissioned a courtroom artist. It is his, and only his, sketches made available to give abn impression of the event. Each sketch will range in price from £5 to £1,000. All porceeds will be donated to the 'Keep it small, keep it blue' smurfey charity. Sorry Lory.

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-September-2004, 09:29 AM
'Fraid so. Franck has comissioned a courtroom artist. It is his, and only his, sketches made available to give abn impression of the event. Each sketch will range in price from £5 to £1,000. All porceeds will be donated to the 'Keep it small, keep it blue' smurfey charity. Sorry Lory.
If only Lou was going - she would be SO easy to draw :)

Pammy
23rd-September-2004, 09:51 AM
and I'll be in costume apparently :what:

Bardsey: See above. I can confirm that a certain item has been re-used from a previous outfit :rofl: :whistle:

SERIOUSLY THOUGH:-

FRIDAY 24th September - Perth City Halls
SATURDAY 25th September - Bells Arena Perth
SUNDAY 26th September - Perth City Halls

I take it day and night venues are the same. Are these places easy to get to from the Salutation Hotel.

Incidentally, who else is staying there. I am getting worried incase I get lost and can't find everyone.... :blush:

Lory
23rd-September-2004, 10:17 AM
I take it day and night venues are the same. Are these places easy to get to from the Salutation Hotel.

Incidentally, who else is staying there. I am getting worried incase I get lost and can't find everyone.... :blush:
Me, and.....
Bardsey
Sheepy
Foxylady
Sparkles
Sal
and Ryhthmn King....as far as I know! :clap:

CJ
23rd-September-2004, 12:38 PM
Me, and.....
Bardsey
Sheepy
Foxylady
Sparkles
Sal

Poor fellow.... :tears:

Graham
23rd-September-2004, 02:21 PM
Poor fellow.... :tears:
Now, now. :wink: Anyway, there's more than one fellow in that list.

Pammy
23rd-September-2004, 02:24 PM
Now, now. :wink: Anyway, there's more than one fellow in that list.

That maybe so, but everyone knows that it is against forum policy to ever have sympathy for Sheepy :wink:

Looking forward to seeing you pinky (CJ that was you and not your!)

Graham
23rd-September-2004, 02:27 PM
Looking forward to seeing you too, Pammy. I assume that for the fancy-dress bit you'll be sporting an aquarium?

Pammy
23rd-September-2004, 02:29 PM
Looking forward to seeing you too, Pammy. I assume that for the fancy-dress bit you'll be sporting an aquarium?

My little blue friend may well make an appearance (and that isn't a smurfism) :D

Gojive
23rd-September-2004, 03:37 PM
Me, and.....
Bardsey
Sheepy
Foxylady
Sparkles
Sal

And me, and Tracy :D

drathzel
23rd-September-2004, 04:39 PM
My little blue friend may well make an appearance (and that isn't a smurfism) :D

Dont let ds read this post he may think his lucks in! :sick:

Dance Demon
23rd-September-2004, 05:11 PM
Are these places easy to get to from the Salutation Hotel.

Mrs DD an' me are staying on Saturday night....:clap:

Rhythm King
23rd-September-2004, 05:46 PM
Me, and.....
Bardsey
Sheepy
Foxylady
Sparkles
Sal

And you make this sound like a bad thing??? :wink:

See you all tomorrow

R-K

Minnie M
23rd-September-2004, 06:24 PM
I am SOooooo jealous - boo hoo :tears: am gonna keep my kilt on for a whole week to remind me :tears: :tears:

drathzel
23rd-September-2004, 10:02 PM
I am SOooooo jealous - boo hoo :tears: am gonna keep my kilt on for a whole week to remind me :tears: :tears:
:hug: there there, its ok! Feel better! :hug:

Minnie M
24th-September-2004, 02:38 PM
only a bit better - wish I won the lottery on Wed., I only wished from a couple of thousand :tears: to keep me dancing more often.

AND :sad: nobody said how nice I look in my red kilt - bought it specially for the weekend :tears: :tears: :tears: