PDA

View Full Version : Can a True Vegetarian Bite there Nails?

Will
17th-September-2004, 03:02 PM
I was wondering what forum members thought about this devisive moral conundrum so I have set up a poll...

Is it compatible with vegetarianism to bite ones nails?

Dreadful Scathe
17th-September-2004, 03:16 PM
What poll ?

Its compatible if you are in fact a vegetable !

Stuart M
17th-September-2004, 03:25 PM
I would have thought it was perfectly compatible.

Until you start eating them... :what:

CJ
17th-September-2004, 03:27 PM
What poll ?

Its compatible if you are in fact a vegetable !

This poll!!! :confused:

You mean you can't see it?!? Ok, to be fair to Will, they said they'd do the poll as soon as they had fitted the Emperor for his new kilt...

So, is that why some people use potato brushes on their nails?!? I know, I know: it's just not funny today....

What do you think of it so far?!?!?

Radish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush:

Gadget
17th-September-2004, 03:29 PM
Since it's technicaly not flesh, I don't see why not. A vegan on the other hand (the left in case you were wondering) would not chew at your nails.

CJ
17th-September-2004, 03:32 PM
Since it's technicaly not flesh, I don't see why not. A vegan on the other hand (the left in case you were wondering) would not chew at your nails.

Are we back to the 2 in the hand is worth one in the mouth argument?!?

Dreadful Scathe
17th-September-2004, 03:32 PM
stop trying wit Gadget ! :) Why would a vegan not chew your nails, unless you dipped them in Milk ?

Anyway - "technically not flesh" is dubious, guaranteed some meat eaters on here have had some of the cheaper burgers/sausages before and they are made from ground up bits...including nails :)

I wonder if a Jehovahs Witness would chew nails, wouldnt that be cannablism ? :)

Gordon J Pownall
20th-September-2004, 11:00 AM
Ah,.....biting one's nails is very different to actually eating and digesting.

Vegetarians may bite their nails as long as they spit them out afterwards and take no nutritional benefit from the biting.

Should they swallow, then pobviously this is an eating process and as nails come from a life form, technically it would ethically offend the morals of a veggie..

Of course, the next question has to be

Does this include toe nails as well...???

NB - yes one in the mouth is worth two in the hand - much as one is the bush is much better than a bird with a hand.......

I cannot believe I actually responded to this thread...??? :eek:

Gojive
20th-September-2004, 11:37 AM
I cannot believe I actually responded to this thread...???

And mentioned spit or swallow during daylight hours! :wink:

Gordon J Pownall
20th-September-2004, 11:44 AM
And mentioned spit or swallow during daylight hours! :wink:
:yeah: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: