PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

Keith
21st-October-2002, 08:29 PM
Hi guys,
Just wanted to send huge congratulations to everyone involved in yesterdayÕs competition. I thought it was very professionally put together & was extremely friendly. I hope itÕs the beginning of a fantastic annual event. Special thanks to Scot & Franck.

The entrants were fantastic & as with all competitions, itÕs a shame there has to be losers, but thatÕs competitions for you! At the end of the day I think Scotland as a whole came out winners, with some extremely talented dancers & everyone showing how a good time should be had.

IÕd like to thank all the ladies who made my day extremely enjoyable, canÕt wait Ôtil the next time! I canÕt remember actually sitting down, all evening, never felt so drained & happy at the same time. Are all Scottish girls this pretty?

Just a quickie on some of the past posts, re the Ceroc Championships & ours (Chance 2 Dance @ Blackpool). We never started it to compete against Ceroc; our driving force has always been to bring an enjoyable event to the North (I know you are the real Northerners!). We honestly feel there is enough room for all companies, so long as the dancer comes first. Companies who look towards dance for profit or prestige will soon be rumbled & I feel will fall by the wayside, as the dancer makes his or her own mind up, as to where they dance.

I hope for dance we can all work together & keep enjoying events like yours & ours alike. I also feel that if it wasn't for Ceroc most of us would no very little about Jive.

That said, please feel free to check our web site out, as I look forward to seeing you all in Blackpool, 1st March. www.chancetwodance.co.uk N.B Website is apparently down at present, but should be up & running soon.

Congratulations to all the winners & again thank you for your hospitality!
Keith of C2D
:cheers:

filthycute
21st-October-2002, 11:02 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself Keith. The event was a huge success and it's always great to see people taking the time and effort to come to Scotland. Nice seeing you guys there :D

I think most people do tend to have a great time in Scotland...well i've not heard anyone who has been here complain. Any visitors i'm saw in Scotland always leave on a "We'll definately be back" note. I'm sure you know the feeling well because although i haven't been to Blackpool, i've heard nothing but great things said about the whole event. I will definately be there next year though and i'm positive i won't be dissapointed :D

Hope you can make it up for the 10th anniversary party and any other visitors who would like to join us :D

filthycute x x

um...if you don't know who i am, i was the red head with Denise when we were all chatting at the end of Sunday night :grin:

Franck
21st-October-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Keith
Just wanted to send huge congratulations to everyone involved in yesterdayÕs competition. I thought it was very professionally put together & was extremely friendly. I hope itÕs the beginning of a fantastic annual event.Hi and welcome to the Forum Keith.
It was great meeting you yesterday at the Comp. and would like to thank you for your encouraging words. :nice: Coming from someone who organizes one of the top events in the UK, it means a lot.

Just a quickie on some of the past posts, re the Ceroc Championships & ours (Chance 2 Dance @ Blackpool). I would like to say to say, I totally agree with the points you made about not competing, but working side by side to offer more and better events for all dancers (and potential dancers) across the UK. There is plenty of room, and as long as the dance organizers have your attitude, the future is bright! :waycool:

Franck.

Tiggerbabe
22nd-October-2002, 01:01 AM
Next year Keith see if Scot will let you enter the lucky dip too - but only if I get to dance with you:nice:
Thanks for the dances - I really enjoyed them (even if my spinning was suffering "slightly" from the 2 bacardi breezer celebration drinks.)

It was great to see you both at the competition and even better to see you both enjoying yourselves on the dancefloor.:D

By the way - I think the Dundee Cabaret will be "On Our Way!" to Blackpool - just a couple of non-dancing husbands to be pursuaded but I'm sure my girls will manage that.:wink: :wink:

And we'll bring the flags don't worry! :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-October-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Next year Keith see if Scot will let you enter the lucky dip too - but only if I get to dance with you:nice: No chance Sheena, give other people a chance. You can dance with him if you promise to wear leg irons to slow you down a bit :).

Keith
22nd-October-2002, 09:58 AM
Hi guys
Thanks for all your positive feedback; it really was great meeting you all.
We are 99% sure we will be back to celebrate your 10 years of dancing & hopefully will be bringing the rest of the C2D team.
Sheena, as for the Take a Chance after my last two entrances, I would probably end up with Franck! (No offence Franck). Would be great if you & your team could make Blackpool, after meeting most of your girls, IÕm sure they will be able to convince their fellas.
As for you, Filthycute, not sure if I want to know how you came about that name, but most definitely looking forward to a dance next time & how could I not remember you & Denise!!
Franck/Scot, if there is anything we can do to help you, your future competition or any other areas please let me know. If you want we could start with a link. Your web & forum are excellent & yet many of the dancers down here did not know about it, until Gus informed me, I was one of the ignorant. Lets keep spreading the word.
Well done again
Keith
:cheers:

Franck
22nd-October-2002, 10:55 AM
Franck/Scot, if there is anything we can do to help you, your future competition or any other areas please let me know. If you want we could start with a link. Your web & forum are excellent & yet many of the dancers down here did not know about it, until Gus informed me, I was one of the ignorant. Lets keep spreading the word.Thanks for the offer Keith, and I am sure that your support will be more than welcome. A link to the Forum would be great, as it would allow us to get more feedback on all events and get a larger perspective. As you have noticed, we are a friendly, welcoming lot up in Scotland, and we don't mind sharing our forum with everyone else!
I have also added a link to your website on my links page, and by the sound of things, quite a few Scots are planning to be in Blackpool next year (be prepared for the invasion :really: )

Franck.

Bill
22nd-October-2002, 11:36 AM
Hi guys,
I hope for dance we can all work together & keep enjoying events like yours & ours alike. I also feel that if it wasn't for Ceroc most of us would no very little about Jive.

That said, please feel free to check our web site out, as I look forward to seeing you all in Blackpool, 1st March. www.chancetwodance.co.uk N.B Website is apparently down at present, but should be up & running soon.

Congratulations to all the winners & again thank you for your hospitality!
Keith of C2D
:cheers: Nothing like a free bit of publicity Keith !:D :wink:

But to anyone up here who hasn't been to Blackpool can I just say.......be there in March. Wonderful venue and really nice people ( grovel Keith :sorry :wink: ) honestly and a really friendly atmosphere. Almost like being in Scotland :p

Although the Ceroc Champs are good as anyone who has been there will know there is very little room to freestyle and the views are very limited.

My only quibble Keith is the format of the Lucky Dip and I know you are changhing it this year but would it take any longer to allow everyone to dance a whole song rather than tap a shoulder ( whether of those who are going through or those who are out ?) It'll take away some of the fun of those still dancing towards the end of a song knowing that means they are not going through to the next round :sick:

Anyway we'll be there and unlike Sunday I'll try and conserve my energy for one competition - which probably means going out in the first round :tears: :eek:

Look forward to seeing you and Janey next month.....and maybe at last I can have that dance with Janey :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
22nd-October-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
No chance Sheena, give other people a chance. You can dance with him if you promise to wear leg irons to slow you down a bit :). WOW! I was expecting howls of protest from the girls when I said that not the boys...................

I am still recovering (so is Keith probably:sorry ) from the two dances I had with him on Sunday!

As long as I can get a few more dances in Blackpool at the freestyle and then again up here next October I'll be a very happy little bunny.:wink:

And anyway DS who said leg irons would slow me down:confused: :wink: :devil:

denise
24th-October-2002, 11:46 PM
Hi keith, glad to hear that you and the rest of the c2d team are going to be coming up for the 10th ann. Will be looking forward to that. Cant wait to come down to manchester and blackpool too.
Denise:D :D