PDA

View Full Version : Stirling Tuesdays @ Smith's

Dreadful Scathe
14th-September-2004, 01:28 PM
Whos gong to Stirling tonight then ?

Bill
14th-September-2004, 03:46 PM

Unfortunately not me......... and I'll even miss the return of our own lovely Lorna. :sick: Have a fun night DS and have a few dances for me :wink:

Dance Demon
14th-September-2004, 04:45 PM

Me...:D.........and Mrs DD of course :nice:

Twinkle Toes
15th-September-2004, 11:20 AM
Me...:D.........and Mrs DD of course :nice:

Aawww will miss you DD. I'm afraid I have to work backshift as my workmate has just phoned in sick - skiving no doubt.

However, hope to do some boogie woogie at the Jitterbug Club in the Pleasance, just 10 mins doon the road.

see you soon though,
TT x :hug:

ps. What happened to that email ?

Lindsay
15th-September-2004, 02:34 PM
Think Stirling was last night TT.....
(J-C is Wednesdays)
:cool:

Twinkle Toes
15th-September-2004, 03:02 PM
Think Stirling was last night TT.....
(J-C is Wednesdays)
:cool:

:confused: :o I am obviously working too hard ...

What time does it start anyway ?

TT x

Dance Demon
22nd-September-2004, 12:47 AM
Fab night at Stirling Tonight. It's getting Busier.. :clap: :clap: .........and I got to demo with Cathy for the beginners class coz Azande got held up in traffic..
Hope it keeps up as Stirling is turning into a great wee venue.....

azande
22nd-September-2004, 08:18 AM
Fab night at Stirling Tonight. It's getting Busier.. :clap: :clap: .........and I got to demo with Cathy for the beginners class coz Azande got held up in traffic..
Hope it keeps up as Stirling is turning into a great wee venue.....

:clap: :clap: Yes, great night last night and nice to see a few people that normally dance in Edinburgh coming up to Stirling. Also great music as usual. :worthy:

And DD, thanks for stepping in for me in the beginners class!!

Dancing Girlie
22nd-September-2004, 11:46 PM
I tried the new venue at Stirling last night and found it to be very nice. There were a good number of dancers, great teaching by Cathy and the fabby music by Mr DD. All in all, a lovely way to pass a Tuesday evening. :D

Wendy :flower:

Dance Demon
13th-October-2004, 11:06 PM
Another good night last night. Starting to get good numbers now, and quite a few regulars who have caught the bug.... :clap: :clap: ......So if you have some free time on a tuesday, why not pay a visit to Stirling... :D

Jive Brummie
14th-October-2004, 09:40 PM
Me and the missus haven't been through since the change of venue...... :blush:

What's the new place like??

And is it worth a visit?

James x x

n.b. Please feel free to answer this open question with copious amounts of plugging for the stirling venue.....i thankyah!

Dance Demon
15th-October-2004, 12:24 AM
What's the new place like??
And is it worth a visit?
James x x

It's a smaller, more intimate venue James, but the numbers have been getting better each week. Cathy is a fab teacher ( IMHO) john & Hazel came alomg last week, and we are always glad when more experienced dancers come along to encourage the regulars. It's definately worth visit, and i promise to play some nice choons, but you will have to join in at the end when the punters shout for more......( as they did on Tuesday night.....so I had to play another just to keep 'em happy.... :D )

Tiggerbabe
15th-October-2004, 01:10 AM
Cathy is a fab teacher
:yeah: It's a great night, just sorry I'll not make it along for a wee while John. Will definitely be at the Christmas party though :clap: :clap:

azande
15th-October-2004, 08:27 AM
Cathy is a fab teacher ( IMHO)

:yeah: and we also have a great DJ!!!!!!!

And as DD said, is always nice to have more experienced dancers coming along, I think it makes a big difference for the people there.

Dreadful Scathe
15th-October-2004, 09:10 AM

And as DD said, is always nice to have more experienced dancers coming along, I think it makes a big difference for the people there.
The venue is probably comparable to the small one Franck had briefly in Perth near the Station ages ago, but the atmosphere is pretty good, people are improving and they are staying to the very end (and Tuesday there was the first time Ive heard nearly everyone shout 'encore' and 'more' at the DJ :) ). So Stirling was maybe slow to pick up but its well established now, and apart from the teacher and the DJ - no one mentioned the attractive Italian demo as a reason for the regular women ;)

Can we plug the Stirling Xmas Party then ? 23rd December in the Albert Hall isnt it ? I assume everyone is going ?

Tiggerbabe
15th-October-2004, 01:39 PM
Can we plug the Stirling Xmas Party then ? 23rd December in the Albert Hall isnt it ? I assume everyone is going ?
Yup!......................Yup!.................. and they'd be daft not to :wink: :grin: :D

Dance Demon
15th-October-2004, 01:46 PM

:blush: :blush: :blush:

CJ
15th-October-2004, 01:55 PM
I love you... U're the best.

No, no... really, I love you... U make my life worthwhile

No, no.. I insist: I couldn't do what I do wwithout the support framework that you've put in place... I love you!!

Oh, no... U are the best at your job... I love you..

Ok, so it's a great night with GREAT staff....

get your ar$es there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forte
15th-October-2004, 02:16 PM
It is down in my diary. 23rd of Dec is a good date - we will all be in the festive spirit. :nice:

Dance Demon
15th-October-2004, 05:11 PM
I love you... U're the best.

No, no... really, I love you... U make my life worthwhile

No, no.. I insist: I couldn't do what I do wwithout the support framework that you've put in place... I love you!!

Oh, no... U are the best at your job... I love you..

Ok, so it's a great night with GREAT staff....

get your ar$es there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry???
:confused: :confused:

CJ
15th-October-2004, 08:23 PM
Sorry???
:confused: :confused:

Don't be!!
:D

:devil:

Dance Demon
16th-October-2004, 01:58 AM
Don't be!!
:D

:devil:

OK then....I won't
:D :devil:

Forte
18th-October-2004, 03:03 PM
You've convinced me. I am going to try Smith's this Tuesday. The "non dancing shott putter fiance" is now a convert and will be coming, too!!! Hurray!! Third dance lesson coming up. He was even practising in the living room last night. :clap:

CJ
18th-October-2004, 03:11 PM
For those of you still undecided...

There will be a surprise guest appearance.... (not me!!)... so get along there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! :D

Dreadful Scathe
18th-October-2004, 03:13 PM
For those of you still undecided...

There will be a surprise guest appearance.... (not me!!)... so get along there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! :D
not em either - Im in London :) If its a celebrity, can someone please get pictures :)

Chicklet
18th-October-2004, 03:31 PM
I heard it's Mathew Pincent :waycool:

Forte
20th-October-2004, 09:52 AM
So...I did try Stirling last night and very good it was, too. I have never been taught by Kathy before and she was great...made me laugh! The shot putter (on his third lesson-hooray!) thought she was a good teacher. Big thank you to taxi dancer Hazel for helping him and encouraging him. We are coming to Dundee on Saturday now. The only blip on the evening was my lip- I got a fat one ! Some guy whammed me in the face with his elbow after what could only be described as a wrestling match not a dance. Sheesh - how strong does a lead need to be before it is assault! :rofl: Still I had some lovely dances from John and Azande to make up for it... :grin: But not Franck :tears: On Saturday, hopefully!

Forte
20th-October-2004, 09:54 AM
Did that last post just sound as if I don't want a dance from Franck on Saturday :rofl: Because that's NOT what I mean't :innocent: Oh and it should have read dances with johnS...there were two of them there! :clap:

Franck
20th-October-2004, 10:08 AM
But not Franck :tears: On Saturday, hopefully!Sorry :nice: I would have loved a dance too, I'll definitely save you one on Saturday in Dundee... Can't wait to see what Sin you'll be :wink:

I had a great night in Stirling too, great people, fab classes and top music... Everything a Ceroc night should be!
I'll have to swap my regular Jumpin' Jaks night more often so I can come back. :clap:

TheTramp
20th-October-2004, 02:30 PM
So...I did try Stirling last night and very good it was, too.
Glad to hear that you made it there. Sorry I couldn't be more help when you called.... :tears:

The only places I know in Stirling, are the castle, the old venue, and the Albert Hall - where the most fantastic Christmas party will be taking place this year :clap: :clap:

(Was that a good enough plug then Franck??)

Trampy

Forte
20th-October-2004, 03:58 PM
Glad to hear that you made it there. Sorry I couldn't be more help when you called.... :tears:

The only places I know in Stirling, are the castle, the old venue, and the Albert Hall - where the most fantastic Christmas party will be taking place this year :clap: :clap:

(Was that a good enough plug then Franck??)

Trampy
Not to worry - Sheena gave me directions . That's a first - a woman giving directions that another woman understood! :cheers:

John S
20th-October-2004, 04:23 PM
Oh and it should have read dances with johnS...there were two of them there! :clap:

But not John S :(

Dance Demon
20th-October-2004, 05:16 PM
Oh and it should have read dances with johnS...there were two of them there! :clap:

That would be John Lusby and me then jackie..........And it wa nice to see you and get a dance. Hope you'll come back:hug:.........

Dance Demon
17th-November-2004, 01:04 AM
Just back from Ceroc Stirling, and the best and busiest night night yet :clap: :clap: .......there were also more men tonight, so more dances for the ladies. Really nice to see everyone improving over the weeks
if things keep going the way they have been over the last few weeks, we'll need a bigger venue....... :clap: :clap:

Forte
17th-November-2004, 09:15 AM
Just back from Ceroc Stirling, and the best and busiest night night yet :clap: :clap: .......there were also more men tonight, so more dances for the ladies. Really nice to see everyone improving over the weeks
if things keep going the way they have been over the last few weeks, we'll need a bigger venue....... :clap: :clap:

Sorry I missed that! This new job is consuming my life! BUT i will be at Aberdeen this weekend. Hurray! :grin:

Dance Demon
1st-December-2004, 07:27 PM
Just a note to let everyone know that there is no class at stirling on tues 7th Dec, as the venue had a prior booking. Just in case anyone had intended coming along.i'll just have to go to Jumpin' Jaks instead.....where exactly is it ? anyone?

Dreadful Scathe
1st-December-2004, 08:54 PM
in Glasgow :) just along from Sleepless where French people buy bacon on pancakes :)

Bill
3rd-December-2004, 05:56 PM

Well not if you want to go to the Edinburgh party as well :sick: Shame that they clash :( Thursday night is meant to be a very good night in Edinburgh so it's a pity we can't go to Stirling and Edinburgh. I assume that the hall wasn't available on the Tuesday??? If planned correctly we could havehad a party night almost every night that week as the Aberdeen one is the Tuesday at Peterculter :cheers:

Is it really only 3 weeks to Christmas :eek:

Dance Demon
3rd-December-2004, 07:15 PM
Well not if you want to go to the Edinburgh party as well :sick: Shame that they clash :(

Erm...no they don't Bill, Edinburgh party is on Monday 27th. But the normal Thursday night in Edinburgh has been extended to Midnight. Stirling party goes on 'til 2am...with a nice wee bluesy set toward the end..possibly:wink:

skippy
3rd-December-2004, 09:06 PM
So much to choose from and not enough time to it in. I believe that the 27th is already sold out. Shame!
hope to get to Stirling but very busy at work and it might not be possible but will try to bend all the rules and go.
is everyone going?
Gail xx

Tiggerbabe
4th-December-2004, 01:31 AM
I believe that the 27th is already sold out.
:D Got my ticket for that one :clap: looking forward to it as I haven't made it to Marcos for a couple of months :tears:

hope to get to Stirling ............../snip/..........is everyone going?
Gail xx
Yup :wink: James and Melanie taking a fun class and cabaret, CJ and DD on the decks. Dancing until 2 in a fantastic venue with everyone dressed for a "White Christmas" - it's gonna be brill!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

skippy
4th-December-2004, 09:27 PM
a "White Christmas" - it's gonna be brill!!!!!!!!!! :drool:I wish I looked better in white!! :sick: but will think of something. Bet your costume is fab as usual. :clap: Will you be bearing flesh !! :whistle:
X

Tiggerbabe
4th-December-2004, 11:27 PM
Will you be bearing flesh !! :whistle:
X
Who me? :blush: although it would definitely fit in with the "white" theme :wink: :rofl: :rofl:

skippy
5th-December-2004, 07:24 PM
Who me? :blush: although it would definitely fit in with the "white" theme :wink: :rofl: :rofl:

NOw that means White fabric not white flesh!!! :rofl:

Bill
6th-December-2004, 10:21 AM
Erm...no they don't Bill, Edinburgh party is on Monday 27th. But the normal Thursday night in Edinburgh has been extended to Midnight. Stirling party goes on 'til 2am...with a nice wee bluesy set toward the end..possibly:wink:

did someone say 'bluesy'.................... :clap: :D

tattie
6th-December-2004, 10:56 AM
Does anyone know how to get tickets for the Stirling party? Hopefully they haven't sold out already?.......

Franck
6th-December-2004, 12:19 PM
Does anyone know how to get tickets for the Stirling party? Hopefully they haven't sold out already?.......yep, you can email me, pay online by visiting this page: http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/subscriptions.php or send a cheque (£10.00 per ticket) to Ceroc Scotland, 5 Thorndene Court Falkirk, FK1 5JY.
I still have some tickets left so no need to panic just yet :wink:

Moraganne
6th-December-2004, 04:23 PM
You can email Franck for tickets. :clap: :clap:

Dance Demon
7th-December-2004, 07:02 PM
Oi !!!!...you lot.......theres already a thread about the Stirling party, so stop hijacking this one.... :na: ......Anyway just a reminder to anyone planning a visit to the Stirling classs tonight, that it's not on, because of a prior booking at the venue. Wouldn't want anyone turning up and being disappointed. Just have to go to Jumpin' Jaks in Glasgow instead :clap: :clap:

Dance Demon
13th-December-2004, 06:52 PM
Stiling class back again this week after a weeks rest.........Smiths Restaurant, Kerse Road ...for anyone planning a visit, you'll be made very welcome :D :yeah:

Dance Demon
5th-January-2005, 12:55 AM
Just back from first Stirling Class of 2005. Good night though a bit quieter than usual. shame really, as James & Melanie's classes were fab (standing in coz Kathy's on hols)........and we also had a Royal visit from our very own King Groovy Dancer, and the lovely Heather. Ta for the dance Heather :hug: Nice to see you too Dale :waycool:

Jive Brummie
5th-January-2005, 01:31 AM
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: ...to DD for yet another top set. John, you really are an excellent DJ.

Enjoyed the Stirling class tonight. Nice venue, nice people and full of enthusisam to learn...fantastic. They even asked questions......great!!!

Hope to get through some time again soon as Melanie and I....and Dale and Heather had a really good time....

Ta Stirling :clap:

James x x

Jive Brummie
12th-January-2005, 01:49 PM
Hi peeps,

Had the pleasure of teaching at Smith's again last night due to an unforseen skiing injury to the regular teacher, Kathy...get well soon :flower: .

Yet again, a really nice night. Plenty of enthusiasm to learn...which makes me most chuffed, question's asked (never experienced this strange phenemenon before, you know, the teacher being asked :wink: ), which is always good, and as ever a fab set from Mr Reliable himself, Dance Demon. Nice one John :worthy:

One thing though.......

........Men of Stirling, where are you? The women were all sooooo brave to venture out in last night's weather and you let them down :tears: , except for the handfull that didn't :worthy: .

Stirling needs more men. So, if you are a man and have the chance to get to this venue on a Tuesday night...then do it...the women are literally queueing up for a boogie.

Maybe see you again next week :confused: .

James & Melanie x x

Dance Demon
17th-January-2005, 10:11 PM
woo hoo :clap: :clap: ....James & Melanie are back teaching at Stirling this week......If you haven't tried Stirling yet, give it a go this week :waycool:

Dreadful Scathe
17th-January-2005, 10:39 PM
Indeed - and I WILL BE THERE this time - oh yes :)

filthycute
17th-January-2005, 10:59 PM
Will Fiona be coming?

fc x x

Jive Brummie
19th-January-2005, 01:38 AM
Well, my last but one teaching of the Stirling class :tears: , but it get's better every week :clap: ...the class that is!

Had a good turn out tonight, and, men of Stirling, you answered my cry. Nearly had more chaps than chapesses tonight :clap: .

Very responsive class, that even ask questions during the class.*woohoo*. Good good. And we were only too pleased to answer them. Had lovely dances with great people....Smurf turned up :worthy: , which pleased the laydieees and together with John's music ( :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: ), it made for a fab night.

In fact, without trying to embarrass him, John received a spontaneous round of applause at the end of tonight's evening for his fantastic set, and well deserved it was too. I take my hat off to the best DJ in Scotland :worthy: :cheers:

Will be sad to see the back of the Stirling class next week (as a teacher), but Melanie and i will be back to fully enjoy the Stirling experience as soon as we can. Thanks guys.

James & Melanie x x

Dance Demon
19th-January-2005, 12:21 PM
Been good having you and Melanie at Stirling James. I love the response you get when you ask if anyone has any questions. I've seen it loads of times over the years, when someone doesn't quite get the gist of something, but they don't like to ask coz they either don't like to interrupt, or are scared that people will think they are stupid. Nice that the Stirling folk have been forward enough to ask the questions, as it can anly help their dancing. Ta for the nice comments re the music. I try to vary the set each week so that people don't get fed up with the same stuff all the time. I still believe that a DJ is only as good as his last set. Apologies to Melanie for playing Gwen Stefani :rofl: ...but she did admit to having a great dance to it with Smurfy :wink:
I'll go now, before this starts to sound like a mutual appreciation society :rofl: :rofl:
:cheers:

Dance Demon
31st-May-2005, 11:55 PM
Last night in Smiths tonight :clap: :clap: ...busy night, and a visit from Franck. Smiths has been a good wee venue, and served it's purpose, but it will be nice to be somewhere bigger next week. New Venue is Golden Lion Hotel, King Street Stirling.......hopefully we will get some more men after the busk this Saturday, to keep the lovely ladies of Stirling happy........

Dreadful Scathe
1st-June-2005, 10:31 AM
ill try and make that - maybe Fi can too now she has finished work, itll be a tester for Southport.

Dance Demon
1st-June-2005, 06:25 PM
ill try and make that - maybe Fi can too now she has finished work, itll be a tester for Southport.

I feel another poll coming up............Do you dance with pregnant women.... :rolleyes: