PDA

View Full Version : "Swing Sunday"

Lindsay
21st-October-2002, 10:43 AM
NEW SWING NIGHT IN EDINBURGH!!!

If anyone fancies learning swing dancing/lindy hop, there's a new swing class/social dance night on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month, at The Merlin, Morningside Road, Edinburgh.

Details are at http://www.boogienights.net

Lindsay
1st-November-2002, 08:07 PM
The first 'Swing Sunday' is this Sunday (3rd November) at The Merlin, Morningside.

All dancers/styles very welcome (but 'specially those who wanna swing it baby....)

:wink:

flashy
2nd-November-2002, 04:36 PM
Hi Linz- we'll be there!

Nice 2 see line-up, didn't realise there were so many swing teachers in Edinburgh.

J & S
x

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
11th-November-2002, 02:46 PM
HOPE TO MAKE IT ALONG- MISSED THE LAST ONE. HEARD IT WAS A GREAT NIGHT, AND EXCELLENT MUSIC IF YOU ARE FED UP WITH POP!

flashy
11th-November-2002, 06:37 PM
I assume you mean 'popular' music Baz?

Yes- tend to agree, some ceroc nights can be a bit 'poppy'!

14th-November-2002, 11:22 AM
YOUR FURRY FRIEND DOESN'T ENJOY POP SO MUCH THESE DAYS....
BUT LOVES TO JIVE TO SWING MUSIC!

SEE YOU ON SUNDAY.

Jivy Rachel
20th-November-2002, 02:36 PM
Excellent idea. Was there on Sunday on enjoyed it very much. Good to see some of the folks from Glasgow as well.

Can't wait for the next one..

J

24th-November-2002, 04:17 PM
ROLL ON THE NEXT JOLLY D TURN-OUT OF SUCH GOOD DANCERS ALL UNDER ONE ROOF!

SUPERB SOUNDS LAST SUNDAY, LOOKING FORWARD TO 1ST DECEMBER.

BAZ X (GOING FOR NO. 1 IN THE TOP 1- SADDOES CHART)

Lindsay
26th-November-2002, 11:09 AM
'Swing Sunday' this w'end....

'Swing Sunday' is back this Sunday night (1st December) at The Merlin, Morningside Road, Edinburgh. Modern jivers etc. are very welcome. If you like swing/jive music this is the night for you!! Includes swing dance class (8pm) and finishes 11:30pm. Why not make a w'end of it with the Sat. ceroc party? Full details- www.boogienights.net

26th-November-2002, 01:40 PM
L - i am still on the hunt for a new'un so that foxy can get in for free... ! take it that's the deal this week? or was it for next time -? (misplaced my voucher)

Jivy Rachel
27th-November-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Basil Brush
i am still on the hunt for a new'un so that foxy can get in for free

What's this about getting in for free ??

27th-November-2002, 08:38 PM
I have a voucher saying that if I introduce someone new, I get in for free. But one needs the voucher methinks :tears:

Ok Mr Squirrel?

Jivy Rachel
28th-November-2002, 03:04 PM
I'll be giving this a try.
I've always wanted to learn this swing stuff. Does anyone know of any regular classes in the Edinburgh area?

SwingSwingSwing
28th-November-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Jivy Rachel
I'll be giving this a try.
I've always wanted to learn this swing stuff. Does anyone know of any regular classes in the Edinburgh area?

Jivy Rachel,

The Edinburgh Swing Dance Society have Lindy Hop classes every Thursday at the Calton Centre, 121 Montogemery Street, Edinburgh (Just off Easter Road)

See ESDS (http://www.hopscotch-swing.co.uk) for more details.

:)

SwingSwingSwing

29th-November-2002, 12:32 AM
I go to Paul & Yasmin's classes, a stylish teaching couple from Australia. Website is www.swingoutscotland.co.uk. They do classes on Mondays and Tuesdays in Edinburgh.

There's a swing class at every Swing Sunday too by different teachers each time.