PDA

View Full Version : How Young is too young, for you?

cerocmetro
14th-September-2004, 02:10 PM
Talking to Mandy the other night she said for the first time she felt uncomfortable dancing with a boy of 16. He was trying to do sexy stuff, (clip him round the ear later) and she was very uncomfortable.

I hate to admit it but when someone said my daughter was an amazing dancer and was talking about my demo who was in our Urban Metro team and who is NOT my daughter (even though they share the same name AMY), I felt a moment of uncomfortablenessness ( :confused: ).

Fortunately that feeling passed very quickly, but it gave a a nasty turn. :o

Adam

Peter
14th-September-2004, 02:15 PM
... when someone said my daughter was an amazing dancer and was talking about my demo who was in our Urban Metro team and who is NOT my daughter (even though they share the same name AMY), I felt a moment of uncomfortablenessness ..

Well, you are about the same age as her mother!!

PS Forumites who don't know who Adam is talking about should look left and see what Adam taught Amy to do ...

MartinHarper
14th-September-2004, 04:07 PM
How young is too young? (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1947)

djtrev
18th-September-2004, 11:34 AM
We have a 14 year old girl come to us twice a week(in fact I take her) and she is an excellent dancer,she is so enthusiastic its untrue. Occasionally she will demo for us and is constantly in demand as a partner.She knows that I will look out for (being a 63 year old father of three I think she looks on me as a father figure) and make sure that nothing untoward happens.In fact she is mature enough even at 14 to know when someone is "hitting on her" and she has already identified a potential sleaze bag.
The point being that these youngsters aren't stupid;they know the ones to dance with and the ones to avoid.

Gus
18th-September-2004, 12:02 PM
The point being that these youngsters aren't stupid;they know the ones to dance with and the ones to avoid.Point taken ... but the point is that I, as a dancer, don't want to dance in an environment where there are kids about. Like many guys I feel uncomfortable dancing with a kid. Like many aspects of a dance night there are many views to be taken into consideration. Without going throu all the points previously raised about insurance, legal obligations, licensing issues etc. etc. .... it comes back to what is more important on a club night ... an adult night out or a family atmosphere ... I think they are mutualy exclusive.

Ohh ... and a further obervation is just becaue she can spot a sleaze bag doesn't neccesarily make her 'not stupid'. Just wait till the hormones kick into gear, she gets a crush or someone disagrees with her based on their 'experience' ... wonder if the 'not stupid' lable still sticks. I have bitter experinece of the above before with younger club members :sad:

djtrev
18th-September-2004, 01:20 PM
Ohh ... and a further obervation is just becaue she can spot a sleaze bag doesn't neccesarily make her 'not stupid'. Just wait till the hormones kick into gear, she gets a crush or someone disagrees with her based on their 'experience' ... wonder if the 'not stupid' lable still sticks.

Point taken.
I have to say that this particular young woman looks older than her age which is a bit of a problem.

MartinHarper
18th-September-2004, 07:48 PM
Just wait till the hormones kick into gear, she gets a crush [...] wonder if the 'not stupid' label still sticks.

... because nobody over 18 ever did something stupid because they got a "crush"? :)

Graham W
20th-September-2004, 05:22 PM
mm,

2 points -

1.Jive scene could well be a better alternative to where else they could be, depending on where u live
2. I think at least one parent/guardian should be present if partic young (14/15)

G

I've had some of the best dances with younger dancers partly cos they arent mixed up in the politics, one up manship,etc - they just want to dance!!

drathzel
20th-September-2004, 07:14 PM
... because nobody over 18 ever did something stupid because they got a "crush"? :)

i know i have and i am certainly not 18! :whistle:

drathzel
20th-September-2004, 07:17 PM
mm,

2 points -

1.Jive scene could well be a better alternative to where else they could be, depending on where u live
2. I think at least one parent/guardian should be present if partic young (14/15)

G

I've had some of the best dances with younger dancers partly cos they arent mixed up in the politics, one up manship,etc - they just want to dance!!

So places have dances for unders but its basically just the same as a night club but with no alcohol and it can get some into a habit that they may continue . i think it could be good for yound people to learn mj but not always on the same night as adults, and then there could be mixed party nights or something so that everyone knows what the score is!