PDA

View Full Version : Positive thoughts

cerocmetro
14th-September-2004, 12:58 AM
I thought it would be interesting and in a way calming to have a place where people could share positive thoughts or happy events only. You know the kind of thing when something good actually happens and you want everyone to be in a good mood with you. Perhaps a place to visit when things couldn't be much lower and you need a bit of a lift.

So here's one for now;

My daughter Amy said Dada for the first time today :grin: 10 months old and happy from waking up to going to sleep.

under par
14th-September-2004, 01:01 AM
I thought it would be interesting and in a way calming to have a place where people could share positive thoughts or happy events only. You know the kind of thing when something good actually happens and you want everyone to be in a good mood with you. Perhaps a place to visit when things couldn't be much lower and you need a bit of a lift.

So here's one for now;

My daughter Amy said Dada for the first time today :grin: 10 months old and happy from waking up to going to sleep.

aahhh sweeeeet,........................congrats. Keep that memory and put it somewhere really safe......cherish it.

Thanks for sharing it. :flower: :worthy:

Robin
14th-September-2004, 04:01 AM

Nice one Adam..... to be followed by " Dad, can I have .....?"
:wink:

under par
14th-September-2004, 06:39 AM
Nice one Adam..... to be followed by " Dad, can I have .....?"
:wink:

Then "I want" "I want" "I want" " " I want" for the next 18 years.

Still its lovely and positive being wanted , :wink: :yeah: Eh Adam!

baldrick
14th-September-2004, 08:25 AM
Then can I borrow the car

followed by

'You know you said i shouldn't, well I won't do it again.'

Gadget
14th-September-2004, 08:55 AM
...daughter.... just wait :wink:

My happy thought for the day: I'm going to have dinner with an old friend (not that he's old - just our aquantance :rolleyes: ) then pick up a newbie dancer and head out to dance the night away. :waycool: :)

Actually I try and see at least one picture of beauty every day; a little snap-shot that could be framed and put in a gallary:
Coming in to work this morning there was a feild of just cut hay - the lines of bright yellow drawing your eye to the ritch green trees that bound the feild. The dark grey sky forming a cut-out from the sunlit colours and the flash of birds white bellys against dark wings.
...whoosh and it's gone to be replaced by another scene. :D There are some advantages to an hour's commute.

Dance Demon
14th-September-2004, 09:06 AM
Coming in to work this morning there was a feild of just cut hay - the lines of bright yellow drawing your eye to the ritch green trees that bound the feild. The dark grey sky forming a cut-out from the sunlit colours and the flash of birds white bellys against dark wings.
...whoosh and it's gone to be replaced by another scene. :D There are some advantages to an hour's commute.

Ahhh....but did any of the birds say Dada for the first time...........:wink:

Lory
14th-September-2004, 09:21 AM
Then can I borrow the car

There IS a positive side to this, one no longer has to do the school run! :clap: :wink:

Gojive
14th-September-2004, 10:22 AM
My daughter Amy said Dada for the first time today

Who to ? :na:

Nice one Adam! :D . I seem to be hearing nothing but good news lately (from friends etc) :clap:

Minnie M
14th-September-2004, 10:48 AM
Really lovely :D
soon she will be walking
Then she will be dancing
aaahhhhhhh...............

Can we see a picture of Amy please ?

cerocmetro
14th-September-2004, 01:52 PM
Really lovely :D
soon she will be walking
Then she will be dancing
aaahhhhhhh...............

Can we see a picture of Amy please ?

Here she is. N ever too young to look after your own washing :whistle:

Gadget
14th-September-2004, 01:58 PM
...not tried that one yet; what cycle do you have to put them in on? "Delecates"? Does it get Heinz Lentil Caserole out?

angelique
20th-September-2004, 11:33 PM

So here's one for now;

That so lovely Adam and gosh, hasn't time flown? :confused:
Seems only 2 minutes ago they were announcing her arrival at classes in Finchley.
Anyway,back to the thread...what a great idea. :hug:

Today whilst out buying some face cream at the Clinique counter, I got into some general banter with the lady on the counter and we were discussing how us ladies are never happy with what we have or are...am guilty of that :whistle:
Mentioned jokingly about having the plastic surgery if could afford it etc etc when my beautiful little girl said to me....."Don't you dare Mummy cos you are already beautiful" :kiss:
God I love that child cos that was a tonic NO amount of money can buy :flower:
Went home on air after that despite my poorly ankle!

Missy D
22nd-September-2004, 11:51 PM

Ahhh!! thats cute!

My daughter (also Amy aged 11) is not so cute anymore. The other day we were in the West End and i grabbed her hand and to my horror she shouted "get off i am not gay" nice eh.

She also called me at work to tell me she wanted to put colour in her blonde hair - ok i agreed but, never thought it would be bright pink (the school is not impressed with me)..

Lory
23rd-September-2004, 09:20 AM
I had a sneaky, content, warm, smiley moment today......

Whilst making the bed, Adam my 13yr old, was nextdoor in his bedroom, unaware that i could hear him! :D

His usual music collection is just pure pain on the eardrums, with the likes of Dizzy Rascal and Beanie man :sick:

But I caught him singing softly to himself, 'Fly me to the moon'! :really: :wink:

I nearly joined in but thought better of it, I just savoured the moment! ;)

Gordon J Pownall
23rd-September-2004, 09:23 AM
I had a sneaky, content, warm, smiley moment today......

Whilst making the bed, Adam my 13yr old, was nextdoor in his bedroom, unaware that i could hear him! :D

His usual music collection is just pure pain on the eardrums, with the likes of Dizzy Rascal and Beanie man :sick:

But I caught him singing softly to himself, 'Fly me to the moon'! :really: :wink:

I nearly joined in but thought better of it, I just savoured the moment! ;)

That is a mothers influence...... :hug: :flower:

Of course far nicer than discovering what some teenage boys get up to in their bedrooms alone....... :eek:

Ever seen Kevin and Perry go large.....??? :whistle:

Lory
23rd-September-2004, 09:27 AM
Ever seen Kevin and Perry go large.....??? :whistle:
Yes, I've seen it! :sick: :tears: :rofl:

Gadget
23rd-September-2004, 09:39 AM
The drive in today was filled with rainbow images:
Turning a corner, the road infront was almost straight, narrowing with perspective. Either side was framed with scraggley hedges, peirced with the upright posts holding a delecate wire above them. The sky was dark and leading off the end of the road, just as it fell into a dip in the horizon, was the end of a rainbow - just in the right place, just the right width, just the right curve for the road to drive straight up it. A couple of swishes on intermitant, and both the road and rainbow moved on.
A massivly thick section of rainbow weaving in and out of high rises
A complete arc from behind the roofs of tennaments accross the sky into the top deck of a carpark
A rainbow so bright that the inside went beyond violet to a strange yelowish green and another pale echo of it was thrown out beyond it
The sunlight peircing clouds in tunnels that create holes of light on the sea. Radiating in an image that plays choral "haleluja" in your head.
:D

Lorna
23rd-September-2004, 01:29 PM
What a lovely thread Adam. Your daughter is gorgeous. Looks a lot like Mandy, lucky girl!!

Looking forward to seeing you at the weekend, and having a few dances with you. Safe journey up.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

MartinHarper
23rd-September-2004, 01:34 PM
never thought it would be bright pink

Looks nice. Not too bright, either.

filthycute
23rd-September-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't have any children to give me fuzzy feelings, but my dogs are a great substitute. Every time we come home they are the happiest little things and always dead waggy :D

The cutest thing for me has to be when Charlie goes to her 'daddy' for a cuddle.........it's not often seen because they hate each dearly :rofl:

here's the welcoming commity

Charlie (White) and Lucky Doo (Black)

God thats sad.....we have 'is and 'ers dogs :sick:

filthycute x x

under par
26th-September-2004, 05:20 AM
Charlie (White) and Lucky Doo (Black)

filthycute x x

Ain't they so cute , filthycute? :hug:

Minnie M
27th-September-2004, 09:08 PM
Whilst we are showing off our 'babies'

cerocmetro
11th-October-2004, 12:58 PM
I posted this in Dance films
"Can't believe you mentioned these guys, I am sure I know who they are and will find out. (I think it was the Nicolas brothers) they danced at my cousins wedding about 30 years ago. I was completley blown away then and I guess they were my first inspiration to dancing.

They were sooooooo amazing and I consider myself exceptionally lucky to have seen them.
Wow what a flashback that brought back.
Adam"

It has completely changed my day. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Picture at a wedding, everyone talking during dinner and a floor show comes on. People kinda of interested. I was a little boy, less than 10 and in total awe of these two black men from US who danced in a way that brought the whole world to life. I never realised until this moment how much that 4 minutes impacted on my life.

I am sure they are probably dead now, but I will keep them alive from now on in my happy memories.

Adam

Gadget
11th-October-2004, 01:23 PM
On the way in today,...

... emerging from houses into feilds there was a flash of movement to my left as a deer jumped a bounding fence and sprang into an area of long, over grown grass that matched her colour perfectly. {I'm glad it was a straight bit of road :D}

... framed by a disused factory on one side, a delapidated garden fence on the other, some overgrown overbarbed wire held by posts and a silouetted tree running accross the bottom and a sky blending from yellows to pale blues. In this window lies a river and it's far bank - the tide is going out and the sand forms hundreds of corregated islands to break up the reflection from the brilliant sunlight. The sun it's self passes for a moment behind the slash of a slightly tilted mast, rigging and railings impossably dark against the brightness and twin keels streached by shadows towards me.

... The road follows some turns into a small valley, the sunlight nosing over the top to spill it's rays on the rise of the field opposite. In this patch of light, still, quiet having their breakfast, sit a blanket of geese; almost defined by the edges of darkness about them.

... then I was stuck for 20min in town trying to get through traffic.

John S
11th-October-2004, 01:44 PM
I posted this in Dance films
"(I think it was the Nicolas brothers)
Adam"

I was a little boy, less than 10 and in total awe of these two black men from US who danced in a way that brought the whole world to life.

I am sure they are probably dead now, but I will keep them alive from now on in my happy memories.

Adam

Certainly sounds like the Nicholas Brothers, Adam - check them out:
http://www.nicholasbrothers.com/

cerocmetro
11th-October-2004, 05:42 PM
Certainly sounds like the Nicholas Brothers, Adam - check them out:
http://www.nicholasbrothers.com/

I checked with my cousin today, it was definitley the Nicholas brothers.

Adam

Gadget
17th-March-2005, 09:33 AM
This morning was so clear that the horizon was a crisp line following the contours of every branch and twig, every pylon and every farm house. Everything laid out like a miniture and so sharp that you could almost reach over and write your name in the snow on the hills with your finger. It felt like you could actually see the curvature of the world.

The sky was a clear blue, divided into thousands of ever-changing, straight-edged segments by the random weave of limbs, branshes and twigs as I passed a small copse of trees.

Passing the beach, the waves were turning from dark blue to a sparkling, sandy brown as the sunlight shone through, before curling into a white foamy crest that runs up the beach to get away from the next wave.

Passing some flats on stilts where the cars were parked in their concrete bunkers underneath, the sunlight managed to create shapes and forms to paint the dull grey interiors from layers of light reflected off the cars.

:D
Now I have to sit and stare at a computer screen for the rest of the day. :(

Tiggerbabe
17th-March-2005, 10:02 AM
You're right Gadget - it's a beautiful morning :D

Lory
17th-March-2005, 10:14 AM
it's a beautiful morning :D
I was just thinking the same thing, it's really quite warm here in London and apparently, on saturday, we can expect a high of 20deg :waycool: :clap:

The tree outside my bedroom window is full of pink blossom, now that's a lovely sight to wake up to! ;)

Katie
17th-March-2005, 01:57 PM
Walking from my house in Kennington to the Strand was lovely today..... (usually go by tube :sick: ) Crossing Waterloo bridge, looking up at the blue sky, admiring the wonderful landmarks.... for a few moments I was reminded why I love being in London.

Kate

ElaineB
17th-March-2005, 02:00 PM
Just come back from lunch - went to a local park where the flowers are in bloom and fed the very hungrey squirrels. Lovely when they take the food out of your hand!

Feeling at one with the world now!

Elaine

Feelingpink
17th-March-2005, 03:02 PM
The tree outside my bedroom window is full of pink blossom, now that's a lovely sight to wake up to! ;)

There isn't pink blossom here, but lots of green shoots on the tree directly outside my 'work' window and tiny birds with yellow bodies and blue heads (I'm sorry, if it's not a lorikeet or kookaburra, I have no idea of its name). The windows have been open all morning and everything smells freshly aired. Does this mean it's spring?

Gadget
8th-December-2005, 01:44 AM
I went out this morning to find that Jack Frost had been ice-skating down the roof of my car: the roof was filled with some amazing crystaline fractals etched in white coldness.

On the drive in, I went over a bridge where the peach colour of the horizon faded both up and down into yellows and the dawning blue sky with an imperfect mirror on the water. The wash of colour cut by blades of horizontal darkness of invading land.

I passed a siloette of sheep wandering allong the brow of a hill - crisp outlines following each sheep as it follows it's neighbour.

In a dip, the road plunges into a whitness like someone had simply erased the landscape infront of the car. It's so thick that you brace for an impact and expect to see some ripples when you hit it, but the soft whiteness engulfs completley without sound and everything gets darker for a few seconds.

Looking accross a low feild, an abandoned bothy rises roofless from a white flat, white desert of mist; anchored to the verge by a string of posts and wire that seem to be the only thing to break through the smoothness.

Glancing over at the river, whisps of steam hang motionless in random, but even spacings - not touching the water, but neither free of it completley. A city of wisps frozen mid motion by the morning chill, reaching only a foot or so, they stand longing in transparent stillness for the sun to break the horizon and release them.

Then I hit traffic :rolleyes:

Gadget
6th-October-2006, 08:31 AM
Frajabulous day; calahoo, calahey.

Never seen this before; coming out of the villege, the sun was in blinding crimson, just starting to pull up from the horizon and painting the dark clouds infront of me with vibrant pink highlights. A band of pink/red light stretching in a straight line from the clouds to hover just above the ground - a pink rainbow :D (As the sun climbed a bit higher, the rest of the colours bled out, but that was very cool.)

And further along the road - on the other side of the rainbow, it formed a vibrant commet frozen on impact; broad, bright base of colour cut off by a hill and fading while it tapered into dark clouds. The horizon brightened by an orange glow of impact.

:waycool: some days I like the fact I have a long drive to work in the morning :)

TiggsTours
6th-October-2006, 10:07 AM
Looks nice. Not too bright, either.

:yeah:

I had a really lovely moment a few weeks ago, one that still makes me smile and feel fabulous everytime I think about it.

I'd just got off the tube, after a long hot sticky commute home, and this girl I'd never seen before came running up to me, looked me up and down and said "Wow! If I could just have half of what you've got, if I just had your legs I'd be happy!" and ran off again! :D

Never felt so fantastic in my life! :D

TheTramp
6th-October-2006, 10:10 AM
I'd just got off the tube, after a long hot sticky commute home, and this girl I'd never seen before came running up to me, looked me up and down and said "Wow! If I could just have half of what you've got, if I just had your legs I'd be happy!" and ran off again! :D

Does this sound like a ToD game to anyone? :innocent:

(Sorry Tiggs!)

TiggsTours
6th-October-2006, 11:24 AM
Does this sound like a ToD game to anyone? :innocent:

(Sorry Tiggs!)

If I had the faintest inkling as to what a "ToD Game" is, perhaps I'd be offended.

I really don't care what it was, it made me feel great. People are always so quick to offend people, wouldn't the world be a nicer place if people spent more time complementing each other?

Blueshoes
6th-October-2006, 11:49 AM
Early finish on Fridays! Yipee!

:clap:

Barry Shnikov
6th-October-2006, 02:01 PM
:yeah:

I had a really lovely moment a few weeks ago, one that still makes me smile and feel fabulous everytime I think about it.

Never felt so fantastic in my life! :D

Doeasn't that call for a picture of said legs?

TiggsTours
6th-October-2006, 02:04 PM
Doeasn't that call for a picture of said legs?

Funny thing is, I hate my legs.

Here's the rest of me though:

Twirly
6th-October-2006, 02:09 PM
You look great - and I love that dress!

TiggsTours
6th-October-2006, 03:03 PM
You look great - and I love that dress!

It is rather fabulous, isn't it? :D

Beowulf
6th-October-2006, 03:06 PM
It is rather fabulous, isn't it? :D