PDA

View Full Version : Championships

Sandy
21st-October-2002, 09:00 AM
Wow, how fab was it??? So much talent. Am absolutley shattered but can't sleep - buzzing from the day's events.

So nice to meet so many really lovely people, old and new friends.

Thanks Linda for getting the bus driver to let me off - couldn't walk 5 paces never mind a mile or two!

It was scary - how can I get up and dance after that performance!!:really: However it was a chance to dance with folk of many different abilities.

True learning experience.

Well done Bill and team on both cabaret and double trouble and all those brave folk who done the lucky dip. Well done Sheena and Dundee team - really something:grin:

Cheers

Franck
21st-October-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Sandy
Wow, how fab was it??? So much talent.I agree Sandy! A great day indeed. Kudos to Scot who took on this mammoth project and delivered a very smooth, well organized day. I would also like to thank all the teachers who judged the event, they worked really hard for most of the day.
I too was really impressed by the standard of dancing throughout the day :nice:
The lucky-dip category was one of the highest standards I had ever seen, all 3 Team Cabarets and Double Trouble trebles were extremely good and very entertaining and the Intermediate & Advanced categories were an inspiration and a pleasure to watch. Congratulations to all the winners. I will be posting more detailed results ASAP (top 3 in each category).

Finally thanks to all of you for making the effort to go all the way to Musselburgh and making the day a success (it was really exciting to hear the cheers from the crowd), the British Red Cross, I am sure, will appreciate the £5,600 raised!
:cheers:

Franck.

Dreadful Scathe
21st-October-2002, 09:43 AM
Scottish Competition I assume you're talking about :)

All i want to say is .... Sheena Asiph - we're not worthy :)

Lindsay
21st-October-2002, 10:39 AM
An excellent day- very well organised & a great atmosphere!
(Also enjoyed the chicken goujons & massage)

Well done to everybody who took part. Is this an annual event???

Gadget
21st-October-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Franck
I will be posting more detailed results ASAP (top 3 in each category).

Could you post a link here once done ? Ta.:nice:

Anyone else care to give a review of the events for those of us who were unable to attend ? {:sad: }

Bill
21st-October-2002, 11:04 AM
Only just emerged from bed.................:rolleyes: and have to say I had a great time yesterday although have to admit I was shattered by the end of the day.

Special mention to Sheena for the work she and her team put in but to everyone who turned up. Where were all the dancers from Edinburgh:confused: :eek:

Thanks goodness I have this week off..will probably take all week for the old bones to recover. However, it does give me a chance for a Scottish Ceroc tour, so Edinburgh tonight, Aberdeen tomorrow, Glasgow Wednesday and Edinburgh Thursday.

Congratulations to everyone and let's hope it's an even bigger event next year :wink: :D

Scot
21st-October-2002, 11:20 AM
For those of you asking it will be repeated next year but on a slightly larger scale and on a Saturday and it will be another charity event. Makes me feel good.

For information we also got £150 from Boogiesteps who sold
£ 1000 worth of shoes

Well done to everyone who took part and attended. The Red Cross are very grateful for your assistance in their endeavours:

On a personal note I was really proud of the standard it is just fantastic to see so many good dancers in Scotland. It used to be you had to go down to London to see that type of quality. It would appear not anymore.

Thankyou all for making it a great day.

Scot

I was thinking that it would be great if the winning team could do a display at the Edinburgh Party this month??? But then that might be a bit much for them.... What does everybody else think

Dreadful Scathe
21st-October-2002, 11:22 AM
thats some tour Bill :)

I think I'll go to Glasgow Wednesday too, Im through there anyway and Ive only been once before....And I need the practice :)

Gadget : you missed a great day. The cabarets were all great, except Dundees which was merely phenomonal :). Sheena choreographed that one and they won, she also won the lucky dip with a really stylish dancer called Elliot (that was his name wasnt it?). Elliot also won the Intermediate with ease (just too good that man, 26 years old but didnt look it :) ).
Bill easily won double trouble (ok NOT easily, competition was superb throughout) :) and put in a great showing in Advanced - he danced in the final against 2 teaching couples, you need to give up the day job Bill :).

Franck
21st-October-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Gadget
Could you post a link here once done ? Ta.:nice: Post a link here??? :D Forget the link, I'll post the results here.
I might put a link on the main page of the website directing everyone to this thread though :nice:

So here are the full results:

Lucky Dip Category:

Badge Number Names

1- 56 Elliot Hodges - Sheena Assiph
2- 01 James Rowe - Frances Cleghorn
3- 89 Bill Foreman - Ms Nicoll

Intermediate Freestyle:

Badge Number Names

1- 12 Elliot Hodges - D. Swan
2- 01 Melanie Hutton (FilthyCute) - Niall O'Donnel
3- 14 Sherwin Miranda - Denise McGuire

Advanced Freestyle:

Badge Number Names

1- 05 James Row - Lynn Smith
2- 04 Bill Foreman - Fran Ranaldi
3- 01 David Martin - Annalise Martin

Double Trouble:

Badge Number Names

1- 03 Bill Foreman - Fran Ranaldi - Denise McGuire
2- 01 Dave Densley - Heather MacLean - Sheena Assiph.
3- 02 Tim & Vivienne Rutherford - Denise Salvona

Team Cabaret:

1- Dundee team Sheena & co (sorry, I don't have full list of names)
Equal 2nd (I'm not kidding, the score was virtually equal :really: :
Aberdeen team Bill & co.
Glasgow team Brady & co.

Once again, well done to everyone for taking part in the first place!

Franck.

Dreadful Scathe
21st-October-2002, 12:34 PM
So a 1st, 2nd are 3rd for Bill + equal 2nd for cabaret. 2 1sts and a second for Sheena.

Nice one.

Is there an offical video ? I noticed Lisa with a camera at one point.

I know I really sucked in the intermediate final but now I dont know if I was 4th or 5th :). 5th will do, never been in a final of anything before :).

Franck
21st-October-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
I know I really sucked in the intermediate final but now I dont know if I was 4th or 5th :). 5th will do, never been in a final of anything before :). Well, as I don't know what your real name is, I can't tell you, but if you email / Private Message me, I'll be able to tell you.
Before anyone else asks, I am quite happy to tell you how well you individually did privately, but I will not be posting 4th, 5th etc places!

Cheers,

Franck.

Dancing Veela
21st-October-2002, 01:08 PM
Well, as I don't know what your real name is, I can't tell you, Well Franck if you'd turned up for Forum Corner you would have found out :grin:

It was an excellent day - and perfectly organised - only one comment on how I thought it could have been better....an extra round for the lucky dippers - to go down from 10 couples to 2/3 was a bit harsh!!! (Not for me - I wouldn't have got through if it had been the top 5 from the lucky dip). So many people were only doing the lucky dip - and went out of the competition after only 1 dance!

Well done to Sheena and Dundee - and to Bill!

Thanks to everyone for some great dances - especially to Dreadful Scathe, Grant and to Bill and a William from Edinburgh who I had a wonderful dance towards the end of the night - oh yes and to you Franck - who totally knackered me with one dance!!!!

And no thanks to Gus for my non existant dance with him and his orange trousers.

I took some photos - I've no idea how they will turn out but once I get around to getting them developed I'll work out how to put them on here (especially the one of Gus with Elliot :what: )

Franck
21st-October-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela
Well Franck if you'd turned up for Forum Corner you would have found out :grin: Whoops, indeed I missed it altogether in the general excitement and busy-ness of the day... Glad to hear you all finally got to meet face to face.
only one comment on how I thought it could have been better....an extra round for the lucky dippers - to go down from 10 couples to 2/3 was a bit harsh!!! (Not for me - I wouldn't have got through if it had been the top 5 from the lucky dip). So many people were only doing the lucky dip - and went out of the competition after only 1 dance! Fair point, and I realise it must have been disappointing, but there were so many couples booked, we could not have fitted more heats / semis without taking away from the party at night :(
oh yes and to you Franck - who totally knackered me with one dance!!!! Hmmm, I am not sure how to read this :really: between groin injuries (with Heather) and you being knackered, I will be getting a reputation :sorry
What do you mean too late!? :wink:
I took some photos - I've no idea how they will turn out but once I get around to getting them developed I'll work out how to put them on here (especially the one of Gus with Elliot :what: ) That would be great, I would love to see all the pictures... I hope all of you with cameras will share!

Franck.

Rachel
21st-October-2002, 01:35 PM
Wonderful hearing all the comments about the competition - sounds fantastic, and that's a huge amount of money you raised. Congratulations to all the winners and I hope everyone involved had the time of their life.

I agree, will there be an official video of the event? It would also be wonderful to see any photos posted to the site. And any chance that the cabaret teams could be persuaded to perform at the Glasgow 10th-anniversary party? (Are there still tickets available for that?)

Are there any other reviews, opinions, gossip, slanders, slurs, malicious rumours? What about the Friday and Saturday night parties? Any surprising revealed identities? Did everyone there from the forum manage to meet up? Were the Dundee gang the loudest and maddest? Did Bill's infamous red shoes make an appearance? Any illicit liaisons? Limbo dancing contests?

Go on, take pity on us poor souls who couldn't be there - tell all ...
Rachel
(Already looking forward to being there for next year!)

Franck
21st-October-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
I agree, will there be an official video of the event? It would also be wonderful to see any photos posted to the site. And any chance that the cabaret teams could be persuaded to perform at the Glasgow 10th-anniversary party? (Are there still tickets available for that?)There will not be an official video of the event (this year at least, but I believe at least 3/4 people were video-ing the events, I am quite happy to digitize an edited version of the best moments (should be at least 12 hours long :wink: ) if the tapes are made available to me (unfortunately, I took my camcorder but was too busy to film anything :sad: )

As for the Dundee team performing at the 10th Anniversary party, I think it would be great, especially as the 10th Anniversary will have a Scottish theme (with kilts and Ceilidh band).
I mentioned it to Sheena et al, but it is a lot of work to keep the team together and trained!
I would be happy to throw in Free tickets for all team members for a repeat performance! Just let me know.

Franck.

Jayne
21st-October-2002, 01:45 PM
Just to repeat what other people have already said - it really was a great day yesterday! :grin: Well done Scot (& co) for making the day go sooo smoothly! :waycool: - and you still had the energy to keep those demanding women happy in the evening!:wink: :what:

Am I the only one feeling their legs whilst walking up/down stairs today?? (not to mention my arms - I don't think I've done as many dips, leans and drops in my life as I did yesterday!!)

Thanks for a great day!

Jayne
:nice:

filthycute
21st-October-2002, 02:15 PM
Finally i managed to stumble out of bed around 1pm and i'm absolutely shattered!!! Can't wait till next year!!! :D:D:D:D:D
What an amazing weekend. Anyone who missed it....DAMN!!! cancel everything for next year and get your ass to the Scottish competition!!! :D

What an amazing crowd of Cerocers we have in Scotland....well we already knew that, but bring them all together for one event and (i'm sorry if this sounds big headed) but we really do know our stuff!! :D
Scot and Franck....what can i say...you really did us all proud. You can't imagine how lucky we feel having the bestest Ceroc teachers on our side :D

Congratulations to all the competitors...everyone danced their sox off and had a ball. It was brilliant to see eveyone out there enjoying themselves and the dancing standards were top class.
To the winners....well done Sheena!! you were brill hun. And to your partner, Elliot, he was a little dream :wink: I danced with a him a few times myself and wow! top dancer and a sweet guy to boot. Him and his partner looked great in the intermediate....well done to the both of you if you get a chance to catch up on the forum.
Bill, Fran and Denise, you looked spectacular! you all did an amazing job and got a well deserved win in return. Also Bill and Fran in the advanced...man i was blown away! You are both amazing dancers :D

The team cabarets....i dunno how the judges managed to get results. Weren't they all wonderful! Have to say a HUGE Well done to my fellow dundonians!!! Pure dead brilliant!!! You all looked fantastic :D

I hope...no....i know! everyone enjoyed themselves as much as me (even though my feet died at about 7pm) and just like to say a huge thank you to everyone involved with the organising of the event. Great job, great crowd, great event. :D:D:D:D

filthycute x x

John S
21st-October-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by filthycute
a huge thank you to everyone involved with the organising of the event. Great job, great crowd, great event. :D:D:D:D

filthycute x x That says it all - a brilliant day. :nice: :nice: :cheers:

Stuart M
21st-October-2002, 03:04 PM
I'd like to echo everyone else so far - a big thanks to the organisers - especially Scot - for a great day. I hope there was a vote of thanks at the end! Never having been to a competition before I wasn't quite sure what to expect, and enjoyed it a helluva lot more than I'd imagined!

Just a thought for next year - how about holding it in Dundee, to honour the winning cabaret team? They do seem a lively lot up there (mental note - must visit a Dundee class or party).

Anyway it was a great day all in. Bill, if you can tell me in a private message your age, I'll be able to work out how many years of 24/7 practice I need to put in to get to that standard. If it's at least a decade I might make it... :wink:

Lorna
21st-October-2002, 03:41 PM
Wow, what a day, what a venue, and more importantly what a fantastic display of dancing. :grin:

Hats off to both Scott and Franck who organised an amazing day.

What a great turn out from Aberdeen, Dundee and Glasgow, where were you Edinburgh? You missed a fab day.

Congratulations to all the winners, the standard of dancing was simply amazing, it made my job as one of the judges very difficult, you're all winners in my opinion. :)

Bill and Fran, you certainly proved that you can both take on the best and come out on top. You looked absolutely fantastic. Well done!!!!

I just read and found out that Mel and Niall came in second in the intermediate, Brilliant!!! (loved the outfit FC)

Finally, I'd just like to thank everyone for making it an amazing day, Roll on next year! (glad to hear that it will be a Saturday - bound to be even more of a success).

lotsa love Lorna x-x

Lorna
21st-October-2002, 03:47 PM
Is there an offical video ? I noticed Lisa with a camera at one point.There is no official video as Franck explained but I did take about 30 mins or so of footage throughout the day. I am just about to watch it and check that it is fit for viewing.. I am no pro by any means but if any of it is any good then I will send a copy to Franck.

lotsa love Lorna x-x

Gus
21st-October-2002, 03:55 PM

And no thanks to Gus for my non existant dance with him and his orange trousers.

DV ... SORRY ... old age setting in and I was just shettered and I was supposed to be leaving early to get my lift ...

OK, lousy exceuses suitably emabarresed:sorry

Forgive me if I make up for it at the 10 year party?

Gus
21st-October-2002, 04:09 PM
[Apologies for lack of spelling or grammer ... body aches, feet hurt, brain dead and just got home ... small price to pay for the weekend :grin:}

Firstly, as an honourary Dundonian (thanks for the t-shirt Sheena) I have to say that the Dundee team were ACE. Sheena, Mel, De and Bombay Bad Boy were stars throughout.

Overall .... have to say that the Champs were the BEST competition I've been to ... great fun all day and a spirit that I've never experienced anywhere else. even us Southerners were made to feel well at home ... many thanks.

Thought the standard of dancing was fantastic ... in particular the standard in the Intermedaite would match (and possibly exceed) the standrad at any ofthe more established events. The Advanced section, despite a realtively small number of entries, also proved to be of a high standard and ALL the competing couples should feel rightly proud of their performance.

It was a day with many individuals making a wonderfull contrinution, but I would like to take the opportuntiy of singling out just two for special praise.

I thought Bill and Fran danced their hearts out. They were under an awefull burden of pressure to win the Advanced section, particulary when they found themselves up against two exeprienced teaching couples.

However, instead of just concentrating on that one event, they participated througout ... Bill playing leading roles in every event (except Int). In the final it was clear that they were just too tired as they ran out of steam halfway through the second track. If they had focused on just the advanced I feel they would have won it ... but the main thing is that gave their all in the Champs and did Ceroc Scotland proud.

Ovcerall, again it was a fantatstic day and I hope that as the event grows you don't lose the spirit of the event.

PS ...Memorable moments;

Filthy asking Franck outside for a 'Nantwich Carpark'
The amazing outfits worn by numerous female cerocers
The 'is he or isn't he' debate over whether the kilt wearing Dundee team were true Scotsmen

Anything else I missed? :waycool:

filthycute
21st-October-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Gus
PS ...Memorable moments;

Filthy asking Franck outside for a 'Nantwich Carpark'
The amazing outfits worn by numerous female cerocers
The 'is he or isn't he' debate over whether the kilt wearing Dundee team were true Scotsmen

Anything else I missed? What about Sheena constantly stroking herself in public?

My own personal debate was "Will my trousers stay up long enough for another round??" Lost count of how many times people asked me how the hell i managed to hold them up. :sick:

filthycute x x

Dancing Veela
21st-October-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Forgive me if I make up for it at the 10 year party? I won't be there sorry - hectic non ceroc social life up here in Dundee you know - going to a ceilidh ! (and you can tell from the Dundee MAd crowd from yesterday that it's a hectic ceroc life here too :grin: ).

Next time I make a Ceroc event outside Dundee I hope you'll be there and you can make it up to me then :wink:

Also Franck - of course I meant knackered in a good way :grin:

It was really great to see the southerners making the effort to come up - for those of you who didn't ....boy did you miss out BIG time :grin: What date did Scott say it was on next year??????

Jayne
21st-October-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Gus
The 'is he or isn't he' debate over whether the kilt wearing Dundee team were true ScotsmenIn my defence: I have an eye for detail, as anyone who's ever tried to watch a film with me knows...

but...

no they weren't is all I can say! :what: :wink:

Jayne :nice:

Gus
21st-October-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by filthycute
What about Sheena constantly stroking herself in public?

filthycute x x what about Frank helping her???

Also, has Sandy now learnt to sit down using all the chair rather than throwing herself off one?

Oh .... and who was the mysterious female lurker who tried to creep into the male changing room (We have the name, what are we bid???:wink: )

Franck
21st-October-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Gus
what about Frank helping her???Hey, what can I say! I'm a helpful kind of guy :yum: :wink:
Anyway, Sheena was so high yesterday (understandably! go girl! :nice: ), I was merely taking advantage :devil:

Franck.

filthycute
21st-October-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Gus
what about Frank helping her???

Speaking of Franck, what about the Saturday night fever suit eh? I think he was trying to steal the limelight from your orange trousers Gus. And the shoes...whay-hey!! we have a smoothie on the premises :wink:

filthycute x x

filthycute
21st-October-2002, 04:56 PM
Another great moment of the evening.....Scot joining the quadruple trouble team that James was doing...hilarious!! :D:D:D:D

filthycute x x

Lorna
21st-October-2002, 05:00 PM
Just watched the footage that I took on camcorder and it is actually very good. Feel free to get in touch with me if you would like a copy. Perhaps Franck could do something with it?

lotsa love Lorna x-x

Bill
21st-October-2002, 06:29 PM
So a 1st, 2nd are 3rd for Bill + equal 2nd for cabaret. 2 1sts and a second for Sheena.Yep a good day for Sheena and myself......................but before the congrats start pouring in.............:D :sorry I would like to point out ( and I'm sure Sheena would agree) that it wasn't Bill and Sheena who won these events but Sheena and Elliot and Sheena and all the Dundee team.................. and Bill, Fran and Denise and 11 other Aberdeen dancers !:p

Sheena obviously put a lot of work in,as did the rest of her team and the Glasgow and the Aberdeen group and while it's really nice to be thanked I would have to say that Fran makes it easy to dance at that level and doesn't always get the recognition I seem to attract and yet she's far more graceful and a much better dancer than I am and she and Denise were a joy to dance with and even though we only met twice to practice they follow beautifully - even when I've no idea what's coming next :grin:

But I think everyone who competed - and contributed to the money for the Red Cross - should be pleased with the day !

Happy dancing ...............:wink: :cheers:

Bill
21st-October-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by lorna
Just watched the footage that I took on camcorder and it is actually very good. Feel free to get in touch with me if you would like a copy. Perhaps Franck could do something with it?

lotsa love Lorna x-x

yes please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I managed to get all the categories on film excpet the Aberdeen team and the Double Trouble so would be nice to see those 2 !

Lorna
21st-October-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by bill foreman

yes please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I managed to get all the categories on film excpet the Aberdeen team and the Double Trouble so would be nice to see those 2 !

You'll be pleased to know that I've got both, will bring the camera on Tuesday. If you want, bring a tape along and I'll record it for you. Respect to you always Bill and yeah you're right, you were dancing with amazing partners on Sunday, Fran is a beautiful dancer and I can't believe that Denise has only been dancing for about a year. I know I'm a woman and not really allowed to say these things, but she's gorgeous and looks fab on the dancefloor. I'd better watch out or else my job will be nabbed!

See you Tuesday, you alright to demo?

Lotsa love Lornax-x

Gus
21st-October-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by lorna

Fran is a beautiful dancer and I can't believe that Denise has only been dancing for about a year. I know I'm a woman and not really allowed to say these things, but she's gorgeous and looks fab on the dancefloor

It has to be said there were hordes of gorgeous women at the Champs ... truly an embaressment of riches. The same goes for the judges table, Obi and I were definitely thorns among many roses. I was going to NZ with the thought of emigrating ... may have to give some serious considerations to emigrating North of the Border .... if only it wasn't so b****** cold!

filthycute
21st-October-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Gus
may have to give some serious considerations to emigrating North of the Border .... if only it wasn't so b****** cold!

You know what they say....
"Cold hands, Warm hearts" I guess thats why we have our reputation for being warm, welcoming and friendly :D

filthycute x x

Tiggerbabe
22nd-October-2002, 12:51 AM
Yep a good day for Sheena .....................but before the congrats start pouring in.............:D :sorry I would like to point out ( and I'm sure Sheena would agree) that it wasn't Sheena who won these events but Sheena and Elliot and Sheena and all the Dundee team.................. Absolutely right Bill!

Ok guys be prepared for an epic post now.................

Firstly - we were second in the double trouble - wow:D . Brilliant - really pleased for Dave coz he had to put up with Heather and me talking about our new outfits for the last couple of weeks - they were fab though weren't they ( I love those trousers...........and they're made of velvet that's why I like stroking them.......and Franck you have to stroke the right way you know:sad: ). But next year could they sweep the floor before the Double Trouble as Hazel was very concerned that my bottom was dirty after we did the "pull through" move - Sits and waits for rude reply from Gus.................................

Please could you sort your post re the results Frank as it was Dave Densley, Heather MacLean and myself. :cheers:

Secondly ELLIOT:yum: :grin:
Where do I start - he's a credit to his mum and a top notch bloke.
Funnily enough no-one told me I wasn't smiling enough when I was dancing with him:D :D
What a dancer - think I might have to go to Birmingham and see if there's any more like him.
He was a dream to dance with - style, rythmn, great moves, strong lead, sense of fun, fabulous interpretation of the music, cheeky little smile with a hint of mischief, good looking, young, WOW WOW WOW. A great guy and so friendly. I think he possibly danced with almost all of the females in the hall and some of the guys too.
Remember that name because you're sure to see it again - Elliot Hodges.:waycool:

Thirdly to Scot and Gail for all of the hard work putting everything together. It was a fabulous two days. Saturday's party was brilliant even if there wasn't a huge turnout - all the more space on the wonderful dancefloor for those of us who thought we could handle a day and a half of dancing:what: A huge sum of money raised.
Scot's music was great too.

Last but definitely not least - The Dundee Cabaret Team - What a brilliant bunch of people. We had great fun putting the routine together and it was such a joy to get the reaction we did from the crowd.:D
They have put in such a lot of time and effort plus they've had to put up with me barking and hollering at them for the last month. Changing things once they've just got them and then swapping the "audience" to a different direction just to see if it worked.........
shouting at them to be quiet because I wanted to speak (that's right isn't it Sherwin?) and then they still didn't stop when the cd jumped last Wednesday at our dress rehearsal. Total troopers! They just tried to get to where they should be - mind you when it missed out about 15 seconds of the Proclaimers we had to call it a day:sorry . Thankfully though nothing like that happened yesterday and they danced their socks off.
Oh and speaking of underwear - please don't blame the boys. It was my decision that they shouldn't be true Scotsmen (didn't want any of the male judges getting jealous:reallymad :tears: ).

A huge thanks to everyone at the event for the reception we got.

Finally - to anyone going to Dundee on Wednesday - I'll apologise now. I do not intend to come down from this cloud for some considerable time. I like it up here:D :D :D

Franck
22nd-October-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Please could you sort your post re the results Frank as it was Dave Densley, Heather MacLean and myself. :cheers: Whoops, my mistake, I was going by the original list handed out to me when matching the names to the badge numbers. I have now changed it and restored credit where it's due. Sorry Heather :sorry

Finally - to anyone going to Dundee on Wednesday - I'll apologise now. I do not intend to come down from this cloud for some considerable time. I like it up here:D :D :D No need to apologize, you deserve it, so enjoy it. :D

Franck.

P.S. I will try to get the stroking right, when can I get some extra practice? :wink:

Tiggerbabe
22nd-October-2002, 01:22 AM
P.S. I will try to get the stroking right, when can I get some extra practice? :wink: I'll let you know:wink:

Might just manage the 10th Anniv Party if I can rearrange my previous commitment...........watch this space.

filthycute
22nd-October-2002, 01:55 AM
P.S. I will try to get the stroking right, when can I get some extra practice? :wink:

Right you 2, behave yourselves! We'll have no more of that talk...you can take it outside to the carpark! :yum: :wink:

filthycute x x

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-October-2002, 09:15 AM
can someone tell me what a 'nantwitch carpark' is ?
is it rude ? :)

Graham
22nd-October-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Jayne
In my defence: I have an eye for detail, as anyone who's ever tried to watch a film with me knows...

but...

no they weren't is all I can say! :what: :wink:

Jayne :nice: Now I understand why you wanted to borrow Brady's video camera, and were so interested in the zoom and freeze-frame capability. :wink:
is it rude ? Yes it is. You'll need to ask Gus and FC for the details, though :wink:

Having taken yesterday off, I find that everyone else has already posted most of what I was thinking. In response to Stuart's comments about Bill, though, he doesn't look nearly old enough to have put in as much practice as I think I'd need to dance like that. And anyway, what about Elliott? If it was all just practice he must have had ante-natal lessons!!

Franck
22nd-October-2002, 09:25 AM
is it rude ? :) It refers to a previous discussion about various things that go on in the Car Park in Nantwich... You could do a search for these words, and read the thread, which was quite entertaining, or then again, you could just click on this thread: Mishaps on the dance floor and other Ceroc gossip (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=177) and read all about it. The Car Park comments start on page 4 of the thread!

Franck.

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-October-2002, 09:37 AM
aaah yes i remember that now. :D

ooh that IS rude :)

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-October-2002, 09:38 AM
but wheres Nantwich ? ;)

Graham
22nd-October-2002, 10:21 AM
but wheres Nantwich ? ;)

Some people are just SO lazy.

Here it is. (http://www.multimap.co.uk/map/browse.cgi?client=public&db=hcgaz&addr1=&client=public&addr2=&advanced=&addr3=&pc=&X=365203&quicksearch=nantwich&Y=352317&scale=100000&place=Nantwich,Cheshire&coordsys=gb)

Bill
22nd-October-2002, 11:13 AM
but wheres Nantwich ? ;) It's down in Englandshire !:D

Actually a very good venue with some terrific dancers - so you should try to get there sometime. Both there and Bowden are great classes and our very own Laura is moving down that way soon......................so sure she'd love to welcome all of us down to stay :p

Never did anything in the car park though :devil: :innocent:

Now my legs have recovered I feel almost fit enough for some dances:wink: ...... managed a few at Edinburgh last night ( very quiet) and home today before visiting all those lovley people over in Glasgow tomorow...................... can't wait for some great dances from Jayne, Wendy, Janet et al......:D

And as for my age.......well don't let the grey hair fool ya:wink: but I'm well old enough to be young Elliot's dad...:sick:

ps heard the other day that the Blackpool comp may be introducing a 'vetrans' category for the over 50's......not too long before I can go in for that :rolleyes: :tears:

John S
22nd-October-2002, 12:43 PM

Last but definitely not least - The Dundee Cabaret Team - What a brilliant bunch of people. We had great fun putting the routine together and it was such a joy to get the reaction we did from the crowd.:D
They have put in such a lot of time and effort plus they've had to put up with me barking and hollering at them for the last month. Changing things once they've just got them and then swapping the "audience" to a different direction just to see if it worked.........
shouting at them to be quiet because I wanted to speak (that's right isn't it Sherwin?) and then they still didn't stop when the cd jumped last Wednesday at our dress rehearsal. Total troopers! They just tried to get to where they should be - mind you when it missed out about 15 seconds of the Proclaimers we had to call it a day:sorry . Thankfully though nothing like that happened yesterday and they danced their socks off.
Oh and speaking of underwear - please don't blame the boys. It was my decision that they shouldn't be true Scotsmen (didn't want any of the male judges getting jealous:reallymad :tears: ).

A huge thanks to everyone at the event for the reception we got.

Being part of Team Dundee (having sneaked over from Fife) has been the highlight of my dancing "career". Thanks to Sherwin for the use of his flat for practicing, to Mel for her never-less-than-honest comments, to Linda for talking me through it on the day and to Carol for always holding onto me when I wanted to step back at the wrong bit! And of course to Sheena for her patience with us all - had anyone seen us practicing one week before you would have understood why Sheena had razor marks on her wrists. (She deserved to get Elliot in the Lucky Dip!!!)

And as for the "true Scotsmen" comment - well, Sheena's kit inspections were a delight too.

But also I think the teams from Aberdeen and Glasgow deserve a great big hand for their entries and for the time and effort they must have put in as well. If you've never done anything like that you just don't appreciate how much work is involved in practicing a 5-minute routine - but to anyone anywhere considering an entry for next year then really go for it because it's definitely worth it.

How do you get down off this cloud???????

John S
22nd-October-2002, 12:50 PM

ps heard the other day that the Blackpool comp may be introducing a 'veterans' category for the over 50's......

Tell me more!!!!! Form an orderly queue, gels!

Interesting point - from observation at classes, competitions etc I reckon there are quite a few gentlemen of advanced years who would qualify, but probably a lot fewer ladies - and almost certainly fewer who would admit to qualifying!!!!

Keith
22nd-October-2002, 01:11 PM
Hi John,
Yes we are having a veteranÕs category. This is to give the younger dancers a chance!
Not sure if this will work, being a novice to your chat forum, but I have attached the application form which explains all about it.
Although this stops the younger dancers competing in this category, it does not stop the veterans still entering in the Intermediate or Advanced section & still whipping some younger asses (figuratively speaking of course).:eek:
Keep on dancing
Keith
Yep attachment did not work, please contact me on keith@kdaviesc2d.freeserve.co.uk & i'll send you one.
Cheers

Fran
22nd-October-2002, 01:43 PM
have not done this before, so hope it turns out right!

I would just like to say that I think was very clear on the day and from reading everyones submissions to the forum that we all had a wonderful fun time, which was in very warm and friendly atmosphere. I would like to say that there were some important behind the scenes people who were vital in the running of the day, namley Gail and Angie and also the volenteers of the red cross. I had lots of help with decorating the hall and several competitors were there first thing to help blow up all the balloons so a huge thankyou.x.

I am not sure if denise goes on this site but I would like to say that she was such fun to dance with and is a fabby dancer - we really did enjoy ourselves.

Thanks to all the support Bill and I were given in the advanced final, anyone who knows me will also know that I am not very good in competitions - get to nervous and I really appreciated all the kind words before and after. I am lucky to have Bill as a dance partner - belive you me he has to contend with a lot!bad short term memory and mix up my left + rights! I think he is a fabby dancer.Personal bias, aside he does have a life off the dance floor and is a just as nice a person.

Gus was right Bill and I were a tad tierd, but it did not take away from the enjoyment of being envolved in such a lovely day. Scotland has always been so lucky that we have not suffered the draw backs which occur when things become so serious, I hope that that unquie feeling does not ever go away and become caught up in an over zealous competive edge.

william_ceroc
22nd-October-2002, 02:22 PM
Everyone One In Scotland can be proud of being part of it

It has been said before and I am sure it will be said again, But a great big Congratulations to everyone for Sunday.
From the instructors right down to the last person to pay on the door.(Everyone of you were part of and made it a great day)
Like alot of people I did have my doudts if it would work.

It not only worked but showed the true spirt of a great bunch of people who I am glad to call Friends

Steven
22nd-October-2002, 04:48 PM
As for the true scotsman thing during the cabaret I know we had dundee MAd banners up but we are not that mad!! :really:

Cheers
Steven

Jayne
22nd-October-2002, 04:54 PM
Has anyone else found that over the last two days, whilst trying to get on with a normal day's work a random cat-that-got-the-cream grin appears when you remember something from Sunday??? :grin:

There are a couple of moments in particular that have induced the most grins - and I think the girls can guess what those moments they might be...:wink:

Jayne :grin:

Steven
22nd-October-2002, 04:56 PM
I still can't believe how good sunday was!! Loved every minute of it.......can't wait till next year.

Still walking around with permanent grin on my face :grin: !

Cheers
Steven

Franck
22nd-October-2002, 05:11 PM
There are a couple of moments in particular that have induced the most grins - and I think the girls can guess what those moments they might be...:wink:

Jayne :grin: Oh, go on Jayne, don't be coy, enlighten us... I am sure we would all like to share in "those moments"... :nice: :D

Franck.

Sandy
22nd-October-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Gus

Also, has Sandy now learnt to sit down using all the chair rather than throwing herself off one?

Eh thanks Gus, I was hoping that went unnoticed!:tears:

Loved the dance, loved the trousers, loved the weekend:grin:

Sorry Franck about stepping on the new shoes:tears:
Sorry Dave about the head butt:tears:
Quite a full day really:sorry

Brilliant Bill and Fran - I loved your advanced routine and well done all those brave folk who competed

Amanda - that outfit!

Thanks bus driver for THAT emergency stop!:sorry

What a fantastic time. Missed the forum corner - when was it???

No Ceroc tonight (Tues), roads flooded :tears: :tears:

Must practice for next year but roll on party in November:wink:

Sandy

Wendy
22nd-October-2002, 08:34 PM

Maybe I shouldn't let the (grinning) cat out of the bag... but methinks it could have something to do with dancing with Bill (better-than-chocolate :wink: ) Foreman .....

Wx

denise
22nd-October-2002, 08:39 PM
Hello everyone,

This is my first time on the ceroc forum. Ive had Fran and Mel on the phone saying that everyone has written lovely comments so i had to come on and share my thoughts too. Hope you all dont mind.

Reading everyones comments has brought tears to my eyes and made me feel very proud to know all the ceroc gang. Everyone has been great fun to be around and made the whole weekend a success.

Id just like to say thank you to bill and fran for asking me to dance with them. I was so proud to be part of it all and you both are wonderful dancers. You have been great.
Thanks to sherwin for putting up with me and also asking me to dance and mel for the laughs too!!
Thanks to gail who has worked so hard. Shes such a dedicated and kind person.
Thank you Lorna for your comment. It meant a lot to me. I hope a few years down the line ive still got as much energy and enthusiasm as you.
Thanks to my dance teachers as without their support and encouragement i would not be dancing today. They have inspired me so much. (Scot and Elaine).

Well done to every single person who competed and to all those who came to dance or just watch. You made the day one i will never forget. Thanks to all the judges, you had a hard job and did very well. You're all a great laugh.

I wish i could thank and congratulate everyone individually.

WELL DONE EVERYONE CONGRATULATIONS

Hope ive not missed anyone out. Sorry if i have.

Hope to see you all next year
Denise
:D :D :D My heads high in the clouds too and i dont think i will ever come down.

Hevmac
22nd-October-2002, 08:48 PM
Ok never done this before so here goes.......just have to echo everyone-elses sentiments about the champs....absolutely a blast.
despite going back to work today and not a free inch to be seen on my desk i couldn't stop grinning like an idiot! i must come and find you steve and just say one thing...........WE WON!!!...WE WON!!!!
thanks to everyone out there who shouted and cheered for us during the team caberet. we had a fantastic time doing it because you obviously enjoyed it.
also thanks sheena for well just being sheena! you were great dancing with elliott...he was lukcky to have such a great gal to dance with. i know i could not have done as well......even though he is fab to dance with. he was very much in demand!
thanks also sheena for putting franc right about the double trouble names......you never were any good at remembering my name franc....even when i taxi'd for a while!
hope we stay up this high for a good while longer cos i agree with you john it sure feels goooood!

heather mac

denise
22nd-October-2002, 09:13 PM
Oh forgot to say that i met such wonderful people from down south. Had fabulous dances with the men too. Hope you all come back next year or come up for a visit sometime soon. Would love to keep in touch and maybe come down to visit sometime. James, where do you dance?(winner of the advanced):D

Denise

Graham
22nd-October-2002, 09:17 PM

I think us boys can make a pretty shrewd guess as well - and that's not just because I've read Wendy's post. Or perhaps I'm just observant (or jealous?? OK confession time - why does Bill never ask ME to dance?? :tears: :tears: :tears: :wink: ).

The good news (for YOU that is) is that Mr Foreplay is coming to Glasgow tomorrow. Oh god, is there even any point turning up?

Wendy
22nd-October-2002, 09:23 PM
So ladies and gentlemen... following a steward's (stuart's :wink: ) enquiry the sour grapes winner is ... oh .. can't hear you ... the line's gone crackly ....:D :D :D

Wx

Graham
22nd-October-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
So ladies and gentlemen... following a steward's (stuart's :wink: ) enquiry the sour grapes winner is ... oh .. can't hear you ... the line's gone crackly ....:D :D :D

Wx

But you seem to be overlooking the fact that he's committed the cardinal sin - HE'S A NICE GUY AS WELL!!!!

Wendy
22nd-October-2002, 10:04 PM
crackle crackle ... and seven recounts later... the winner is ....

Wx

Fran
23rd-October-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Graham
I think us boys can make a pretty shrewd guess as well - and that's not just because I've read Wendy's post. Or perhaps I'm just observant (or jealous?? OK confession time - why does Bill never ask ME to dance?? :tears: :tears: :tears: :wink: maybe if you ask him nicely - You dont know what you are missing - but perhaps I am a wee bit prejudiced.
:grin:

Bowser
23rd-October-2002, 12:57 AM
Denise... you were wonderful babe... you make me want to go ceroc-ing!(is that a word LOL) .... see you on thursday :) *fingers crossed*

Keith
23rd-October-2002, 01:58 AM
Hi guys,
Just back from Nantwich.
After reading your messages about the Nantwich car park I spent an extra 1Ú2 hour there, but found nothing new. Never mind I think you should try everything twice! So IÕm going back next week. It maybe quieter than normal Ôcos Gus is away? Comments welcomed.
Just a quickie to you ladies, in response to your comments, re Southern Dancers on Sunday. IÕm a bit confused after spending some 30+ years being called a Northerner, so if I am included in some of your comments thank you very much & if not IÕll be back in a month & IÕll remember to try harder!:sorry
Had some fantastic dances on Sunday, too many names to remember, but Denise you are more than welcome to come & stay any time you want, thanks for some fantastic dances. :devil: Thank you Filthycute, to Elsie for still turning it on, Sheena even when tipsy a fab dancer & Lisa, what can I say that hasnÕt already been plastered all over the forum? I look forward to seeing you soon.
Thank you.
Keith
The Northerner from the South
:confused:

filthycute
23rd-October-2002, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Keith
Hi guys,
Just back from Nantwich.
After reading your messages about the Nantwich car park I spent an extra 1Ú2 hour there, but found nothing new.

I couldn't find anyone sneaking around parked cars when i was down neither. :sick: Truly a dissapointment, but hey, they have nice doormen. Malcolm and i think it was William....Tell them i was asking for them :wink:

I didn't get the pleasure of a dance with you but i'll definately catch you up at the Anniversary party for boogie or 2 :D And you never know, it may not be too long before we head down North?? to catch up with you guys. Await the Scottish invasion :D:D

filthycute x x

Hey don't be fooled by the name, i know what you guys are thinking. Apparently i have a filthy......

Laugh :D

Stuart M
23rd-October-2002, 08:51 AM
crackle crackle ... and seven recounts later... the winner is ....

Wx
Ahem - I know who this was aimed at - I haven't been anywhere near a PC since Monday afternoon so it ain't a huff :wink:

As a gent of average dancing quality, I reserve the right to be just a wee bit envious of Bill's (and Elliot and James and all those other guys) dancing skills :p

One surprise for me though was, rather than be intimidated by the quality of dancing on display, I actually felt inspired to improve. I haven't been too well recently :sick: and I've kind of neglected the dancing, but the day at the Champs was just the shot in the arm I needed.

Jayne
23rd-October-2002, 09:01 AM
Maybe I shouldn't let the (grinning) cat out of the bag... but methinks it could have something to do with dancing with Bill (better-than-chocolate :wink: ) Foreman .....

Wx :grin:

:wink:

J

Grant
23rd-October-2002, 01:45 PM
Just like to add my thoughts which mainly echo what others have already said. Many thanks to the organisers who did a great job especially considering this was the first time they had run this event. Well done. :D

Also thanks to all of the competitors for putting on a terrific show. I was particularly impressed by the cabaret teams and I'm glad we were able to see all the acts twice. Had to look away at the end of the Dundee act though just in case they were real Scotsmen. Special mention to Jane for taking up the challenge of confirming this! wink:

Finally it was a pleasure to meet and dance with so many different people - even the ex-mystery woman DV. I didn't make it to the forum get together :sorry but fortunately Heather introduced us later in the evening. :D

Grant

My feet have recovered now so tonight it's off to Ceroc again - where else?!:grin:

Bill
23rd-October-2002, 04:29 PM

Wx

:p :innocent: ....eh.mmmmm well ...does that mean I have fewer calories ???:what: :confused:

Better not put the heating on or I might melt :rolleyes:

But seriously....oh how on earth can I be serious with all this going on......:waycool:

Just thanks very very much to all the women who I danced with and especially those who asked me and sorry I left so early as I was really looking forward to a lot of dancing in the evening but have to admit I was in bed and asleep well before midnight :(

I'll try and not make the same mistake next year :sick: :p Hope the old legs can get me through a good night tonight in Glasgow.

On Stuart's comment of feeling inspired by the day :

One surprise for me though was, rather than be intimidated by the quality of dancing on display, I actually felt inspired to improve. I haven't been too well recently and I've kind of neglected the dancing, but the day at the Champs was just the shot in the arm I needed.

I have to say that's how I felt after my first visits to the London and then the Blackpool Chamos. I was privileged to say Viktor. Mick and Lydia doing double trouble at my first comp and it was stunning ( and I have it on video :D !). I felt a mixture of ...oh my god I can never do that and....if I really keep going I might one day be at least competent :sick: :rolleyes:

Whenever I see dancers of the standard of Viktor I still see what real dancing is about and I heard several people make the same comment as Stuart - of being inspired and adding that little kick and enthusiasm to push them on.

Congrats again to Scot and the team - and even with the few critical comments I might have passed on it was a day they can be proud of ! :cheers:

Bill
23rd-October-2002, 05:10 PM
ps.....................in case the last reply seems odd I'd like to add thatI wasusing Fran's computer and forgot it was logegd on innher name so for this reply and the alst please read Bill and not Fran!!:D :p

denise
23rd-October-2002, 06:07 PM
Thanks keith ill definitely hold you to that. When i made the comment about having met wonderful people from down south that certainly included you too. :wink:
Looking forward having more fantastic dances with the 'chance two dance man!'

Whos 'browser' by the way?

Denise

Hey im getting right into this forum thing now!!

:yum:

Franck
23rd-October-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by denise
Hey im getting right into this forum thing now!!
:yum: he he :nice: I warned you it would be addictive :yum:
Have you managed to catch up with the 4,500 posts yet? :really:
Only kidding, it probably would take about a month or 2:what:

See you soon,

Franck.

denise
23rd-October-2002, 06:26 PM
Im having a good look but dont know where to start!:what:
Think ill need longer than a month:sick:
See you at the glasgow party and hope i get more than one dance off you:D
Denise

Dancing Veela
23rd-October-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Sandy
Missed the forum corner - when was it???8pm - I did put a notice up on the results board just as I said I would - I didn't want to make it too large as it wasn't the point of the day.

Sandy did you dance in the Aberdeen routine?

Sandy
24th-October-2002, 10:03 AM
8pm - I did put a notice up on the results board just as I said I would - I didn't want to make it too large as it wasn't the point of the day.

Sandy did you dance in the Aberdeen routine? Trust me!:tears: Probably walked past while you were chatting - never mind next time!

Nope I wasn't dancing with the team - wish i was good enough but hey watch out next year - stranger things have happened:wink: Must practice, practice, practice

See you next time

Cheers

Sandy:wink:

Tiggerbabe
25th-October-2002, 01:08 AM
After 4 days of racking my brains I've finally come up with something to complain about re the competition on Sunday.

Where oh where was the mirror in the ladies changing area?:sad:

Sorry Scot but someone had to tell you:sorry

Hopefully this very serious omission will be rectified for next year:wink:

Bill
25th-October-2002, 10:17 AM
After 4 days of racking my brains I've finally come up with something to complain about re the competition on Sunday.

Where oh where was the mirror in the ladies changing area?:sad:

Sorry Scot but someone had to tell you:sorry

Hopefully this very serious omission will be rectified for next year:wink:Ok then Sheena what about equality :confused: :p don't we boys need a mirror as well ?

In fact we may need one more than you girls as you all look so lovely anyway :D :wink: whereas we boys need a little more attention :sick:

Jayne
25th-October-2002, 10:35 AM
whereas we boys need a little more attention :sick: As in more attention or need to pay more attention to appearance??? :wink:

Jayne

Franck
25th-October-2002, 11:31 AM
Ok then Sheena what about equality :confused: :p don't we boys need a mirror as well ?Well, from what I gather, there were a few girls in the boys changing rooms, who were more than happy to help out and make the necessary adjustments to make sure the kilts etc. looked good :really: :wink:

Franck.

Bill
25th-October-2002, 11:34 AM
As in more attention or need to pay more attention to appearance??? :wink:

Jayne ah well...as you'll well know we boys don't look for attention at all. We leave the showing off - sorry - the style and elegance to you ladies :sorry :p

I'm well know for being restrained and very understated in my dancing :wink: :waycool: .............well sometimes. But who can look cool when Mr Cool himself ( the very wonderful Gilbert!!!) is on the dancefloor ? Now that's what I call real dancing :cheers:

But we boys can take a while to make sure we look good enough for all you fabulous and gorgeous women......:wink: :p :grin:

DavidB
25th-October-2002, 11:54 AM
Bill - what's the difference between a normal Taxi Dancer and a B.T.C. Taxi Dancer?

Bill
25th-October-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
Bill - what's the difference between a normal Taxi Dancer and a B.T.C. Taxi Dancer? ehm...well, rather embarrassing actually ! Seems I was given a nickname by a couple of the Glasgow girls.....see one of the replies ! :sorry :rolleyes: :D

It's on another thread I think ! :innocent:

Bill
25th-October-2002, 12:07 PM
actually David.it refers to Wendy's comment on this thread on 22nd OCt. Thanks Wendy................ can't wait for the ribbing I'll get at home !:sick: Franck's already been referring to it.

Mind you it's a lot better than some of the names I've been called:D :what:

Dreadful Scathe
25th-October-2002, 12:30 PM
* - ORDER NOW - *

Having difficulty thinking of an original but tasty Christmas gift?

THINK no longer!!!

The gift of the millennium...

The Bill Foreman Chocolate Statue.
This beautifully carved figurine comes in a variety of flavours...

Suave Strawberry with milk chocolate
Pirouette Pecan with dark chocolate
Bluesy Blueberry with white chocolate

and our most popular ...

Double Chocolate Trouble Liquer Special

Order your tasty Bill Foreman NOW.

(coming soon - Fabulous Fran Surprise)

Bill
25th-October-2002, 12:37 PM
Gee thanks DS........................... remind me to thank you next time we meet up :sick: :eek: :D

Eh......... can we now call a halt to the fun (please :sorry )before it gets out of hand. If I get any hotter I'll melt :sad: :rolleyes:

Just as well there aren't too many Aberdeen dancers on the here !

Mind you I'm sure the fabulous Fran Surprise sounds good :D :wink:

Now no more chocolate jokes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:innocent: ;)

Jayne
25th-October-2002, 12:52 PM
The Bill Foreman Chocolate Statue.
This beautifully carved figurine comes in a variety of flavours...

Suave Strawberry with milk chocolate
Pirouette Pecan with dark chocolate
Bluesy Blueberry with white chocolate

and our most popular ...

Double Chocolate Trouble Liquer Special

[/B]

One last comment...

You've missed the point slightly DS. B.T.C. stands for "BETTER than chocolate". A chocolate staute (albeit of Bill) would still come in second place behind the real thing. Besides which, if a girl tried to dance Bill-style with the chocolate Bill she'd end up covered in melted chocolate...

But that takes us off on a whole new tangent :what:

Can we just get back to the theme of this thread - SUNDAY WAS BRILLIANT!!! I realised this morning that Blackpool may not be an option for me though (sorry Glasgow Cabaret...) - I should be working abroad immediately before it.. :tears:

Jayne:nice:

Dreadful Scathe
25th-October-2002, 12:56 PM
I wasnt suggesting a chocolate figuring was better than Bill at all - that was the point.

er...anyway yes Sunday was brilliant

B.T.M.Scathe (better than marmite)

I hate marmite :)

Jayne
25th-October-2002, 01:14 PM

I hate marmite :) [/B]that really is another thread...

as is: jaffa cake - cake or biscuit...

Sorry...

sunday was brilliant!!

Jayne ;-)

Graham
25th-October-2002, 01:31 PM
That had me laughing out loud DS. :grin: At least until I read Jayne's tangential reply which did indeed send me in a different direction :wink:

Bill
25th-October-2002, 01:52 PM
I wasnt suggesting a chocolate figuring was better than Bill at all - that was the point.

er...anyway yes Sunday was brilliant

I hate marmite :) Marmite eh.......................... Ill get you a jar specially !!!!!

And just in case anyone is wondering - I didn't add the BTC to taxi dancer. Thanks girls !:D :sorry

Mind you I htink a chocolate figurine would be far more use to a woman !:tears: :p

Tiggerbabe
26th-October-2002, 12:17 AM
Ok then Sheena what about equality :confused: :p don't we boys need a mirror as well ?

Well Bill - I did not realise that there was not a mirror in the boys' changing room as I :innocent: (of course) would never have dreamed of venturing in to have a look :sorry (to see if there was a mirror that is:what: )

By the way I'm quite partial to some "hot" chocolate myself..............:devil: :wink: :yum:

Fran
27th-October-2002, 09:11 AM
Eh......... can we now call a halt to the fun (please :sorry )before it gets out of hand. :

Mind you I'm sure the fabulous Fran Surprise sounds good :D :wink:

you say just the right thing
:nice: :nice:

Fran
27th-October-2002, 09:16 AM
well, you can tell that I am new to this! In case my 3rd post did not make sense the 1st 2 lines were from a quote bill made earlier.

Bear with me I am sure in time I will get better. :confused:

fran

ps fiona - marmite is very good for you by the way:nice:

CJ
27th-October-2002, 10:06 AM
Knowing, and loving, this forum as well as I do, I would like to encourage you to keep the chocolate IN hand: because if it gets any hotter, melts, and gets out of hand we could be in deep trouble.

Sorry I missed what sounds like a fantastic experience... any statues left?:wink:

Well done, all.

Fran
27th-October-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Knowing, and loving, this forum as well as I do, I would like to encourage you to keep the chocolate IN hand: because if it gets any hotter, melts, and gets out of hand we could be in deep trouble.

Sorry I missed what sounds like a fantastic experience... any statues left?:wink:

Well done, all.

hello ceroc jock :nice:

if that was that directed at me personaly it would be inapropriate to comment on that publicy :wink: and add to Bill's embarresment of all the chocolate talk.:nice:

hope to see you soon
franx

Fran
27th-October-2002, 01:07 PM

Frank mentiioned this to me last night - cant think of a suitably witty remark Dreadful Scathe!!! but thankyou for the compliment:nice:

And to Bill to for his, but perhaps you may be accused of being biased::wink: :nice:

fran

CJ
27th-October-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Fran

what a lovely thought, petal.:wink:

Swannie
27th-October-2002, 08:35 PM
Have tried for a week now to say thanks for a brilliant time last week (v computer unliterate)! You were such a friendly and welcoming group of dancers - would have loved to dance with more of you - had several 'cross the huge floor' attempts to find a victim and missed getting to them in time. Did manage to get Sherwin, Scot (felt like I was flying when you spun me round)'Bill as ever in great demand. Hey ho.

The day ran so smoothly and quickly was soooooo disappointed to miss most of the pre competition party - Marco's gym very quiet, but hey got to see a gorgeous castle!!!!

Thought your cabarets were suberb, those kilts swung magnificently they had rhythym all of their own, Sheena what amazing choreography!

"HEY MR D.J. DID YOU PUT SOME RECORDS ON" wicked mix of music, loved it.

If ever any of you are in Birmingham would love to see you.

Thanks again for a fantastic time want to try to come to your 10th birthday party bet it will be awesome.

Della

denise
27th-October-2002, 09:35 PM
Hi della, Glad to hear from you. Hope you can make it up to the party in glasgow. Email me nearer the time if you need any more info etc. Im sure all the men will be iching to dance with you again. Fantastic dancer!!!!!

Denise:D :D

Tiggerbabe
27th-October-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Swannie
Have tried for a week now to say thanks for a brilliant time last week (v computer unliterate)! You were such a friendly and welcoming group of dancers -DELLA YOU ARE VERY WELCOME - IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOU AND ELLIOT UP HERE AND YOU WERE VERY DESERVING WINNERS OF THE INTERMEDIATE EVENT - WOW!
The day ran so smoothly and quickly was soooooo disappointed to miss most of the pre competition party - Marco's gym very quiet, but hey got to see a gorgeous castle!!!!DIDN'T REALISE YOU HAD GONE TO MARCOS - BUT NOW I THINK ABOUT IT YOU WERE LATE IN ARRIVING.........THAT'S USUALLY MY JOB.................
Thought your cabarets were suberb, those kilts swung magnificently they had rhythym all of their own, Sheena what amazing choreography!I'VE BEEN WATCHING THE VIDEO - JOHN LUSBY AND HIS AMAZING SWINGING KILT - HE'LL BE STRUTTING HIS STUFF AGAIN IN GLASGOW AT THE PARTY SO MAKE SURE YOU'VE GOT A FRONT ROW SEAT..........
If ever any of you are in Birmingham would love to see you.WELL, THERE IS TALK OF A MAd DUNDEE TOUR. YOU MIGHT SEE US SOONER THAN YOU THINK - YOU GUYS GOING TO BLACKPOOL?
Thanks again for a fantastic time want to try to come to your 10th birthday party bet it will be awesome.WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE - I'M SURE IF YOU PROMISE TO DANCE WITH ALL OF THE GUYS DOING THE CABARET THEY MIGHT JUST KEEP THEIR KILTS ON FOR YOU :wink:

Dancing Veela
28th-October-2002, 05:23 PM
Oh Puleeeeeese - all this chocolate and other sickly sweet praise is making me feel sick (and believe me I DO love chocolate - but too much of a good thing........) - and Gus isn't even here to read everybody being so NICE to each other - can we all get back to being horrible to each other - it was much more fun!!!!!!!!!

Bill
28th-October-2002, 06:02 PM
Oh Puleeeeeese - all this chocolate and other sickly sweet praise is making me feel sick (and believe me I DO love chocolate - but too much of a good thing........) - and Gus isn't even here to read everybody being so NICE to each other - can we all get back to being horrible to each other - it was much more fun!!!!!!!!! Now now Vela..........:D :p ..............let's not poison such a nice thread with your desire to be nasty :p :what: .......... I know you do it for fun but we can be nice to each other occasionally can't we ?

And for a woman who loooooooooooooves chocolate what's wrong with such sweet praise:grin: :yum: Maybe afetr all the charm and the novelty has finally subsided everyone can start arguing again ! Especially when you and Gus get going :sick: :D

Heather
28th-October-2002, 07:38 PM
:wink: :wink: I was just thinking the same thing myself, it's beginning to sound like the 'Luvvies ' thread !!!!! " I love me , who do you love and if I were chocolate I'd eat myself ?" if you know what I mean!!!!
:wink: :wink: :sick: It's much more interesting being controversial!!!!!!
Heather

PS : Next thing you know we'll all be air kissing each other!!!!!!!

Bill
28th-October-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Heather
:wink: :wink: I was just thinking the same thing myself, it's beginning to sound like the 'Luvvies ' thread !!!!! " I love me , who do you love and if I were chocolate I'd eat myself ?" if you know what I mean!!!!
:wink: :wink: :sick: It's much more interesting being controversial!!!!!!Is it just the Dundee air or you two in particular :grin: :confused: :p If we are nice maybe people will come back and see us ie Elliot, Deena, Lynn and James ( and the Newcastle crowd) !!!

Why not relax and enjoy it while it lasts cus ( deliberate mis-spelling Heather so no nasty comments!) no doubt all hell will break loose soon.

Anyway, I sent a coupl of potentially controversial messages and no-one really picked them up so maybe there just isn't the stomach for that at the moment :sick: :eek:
PS : Next thing you know we'll all be air kissing each other!!!!!!! Want to introduce that at the Dundee class and see what happens :grin: :cheers:

Jayne
29th-October-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Heather

PS : Next thing you know we'll all be air kissing each other!!!!!!!

errrmm... wasn't that part of the Dundee cabaret routine???

Pot, kettle, black??? :what:

Jayne:wink:

John S
29th-October-2002, 11:00 AM

errrmm... wasn't that part of the Dundee cabaret routine???

Pot, kettle, black??? :what:

Jayne:wink:

I spent ages practicing that particular part of the routine, couldn't get it right, kept connecting.
:wink: :wink:

Fran
29th-October-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by John S
I spent ages practicing that particular part of the routine, couldn't get it right, kept connecting.
:wink: :wink: Thought I was sure I definatley saw "lip contact" !!!! :nice: :nice:

but it was all great, keep practicing for Blackpool

fran

Gus
29th-October-2002, 01:13 PM
and Gus isn't even here to read everybody being so NICE to each other - can we all get back to being horrible to each other - it was much more fun!!!!!!!!!

Who says I only say horrible things??

Anyway ... enjoying the NZ hospitality ... some of the best dancers I've ever seen. Just has the ego-correcting experience of doing a workshop where I felt like a total beginner again ... advanced 'Drops, Dips and Aerials' with the NZ champ .... if he ever comes across to compete the rest of us will only be there for fun ... and the annoying thing is he's an increadibly nice chap .... no fair!

Graham
29th-October-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Fran
Thought I was sure I definatley saw "lip contact" !!!! :nice: :nice:

So did I, but not on every rotation - seems like some partners got "special treatment" :wink:

Dancing Veela
29th-October-2002, 04:08 PM
Now now Vela..........:D :p ..............let's not poison such a nice thread with your desire to be nasty :p :what: .......... I know you do it for fun but we can be nice to each other occasionally can't we ?

Now now Bil...........I'm not trying to poison anyone - oops I mean anything - and yes we can be nice to each other occasionally - but really that's a whole week of it now and it's getting a bit dull!

And for a woman who loooooooooooooves chocolate what's wrong with such sweet praise:grin: :yum: Maybe afetr all the charm and the novelty has finally subsided everyone can start arguing again ! Especially when you and Gus get going :sick: :D
You are so right - I DO love chocolate - BIG TIME - but remember I only really enjoy the quality (70% Coco Solids) stuff - and when it's good - you only need a little bit to satisfy your urges - or you will feel sick!!!!!!!!

Dancing Veela
29th-October-2002, 04:14 PM
Is it just the Dundee air or you two in particular :grin: :confused: :p If we are nice maybe people will come back and see us ie Elliot, Deena, Lynn and James ( and the Newcastle crowd) !!!

Oh Bill we are really really nice in Dundee - if you'd bothered to include us in your Scottish Tour you'd have known that :tears:

Want to introduce (air kissing) at the Dundee class and see what happens :grin: :cheers:
Well air kissing would be a lot better than some of the a*** kissing that's been going on in this thread :wink: Surely we don't have to go that far to get the good people to come up to Scotland?????

Dancing Veela
29th-October-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Gus

Who says I only say horrible things??

No Gus you misunderstood me - I was meaning you getting onto Rachel and I for NOT being nice two weeks ago and then you've not been around (as often as usual!!!!) to see this NICE :sick: thread.

Dreadful Scathe
29th-October-2002, 07:10 PM
idea for next year : chocolate trophys :) yum

Heather
29th-October-2002, 07:31 PM
:wink: :wink: The "kissing " in our team cabaret was not part of the original routine, but merely some of the men getting carried away by our irresistable charms, and the euphoria of the occasion!!! You could say they were 'improvising', to pretty good effect as well, if you want my opinion!!!! I seem to recall someone complaining somewhere on the Forum that the men could improvise more!!!!!:wink: :wink: Ditto to that!!!!!:D :D
Heather

Wendy
29th-October-2002, 09:53 PM

I only really enjoy the quality (70% Coco Solids) stuff - and when it's good - you only need a little bit to satisfy your urges - or you will feel sick!!!!!!!!

And that dear girl is why some dancers are BETTER than chocolate !!! 4 minutes or so is usually enough to satisfy and I'm sure even you would have the stomach for a second dance !!!

Wx :wink:

PS Next time we honour a dancer with the BTC kitemark we might not disclose it on the forum so complain at your peril ..... :D

Dancing Veela
30th-October-2002, 11:50 AM

And that dear girl is why some dancers are BETTER than chocolate !!! 4 minutes or so is usually enough to satisfy and I'm sure even you would have the stomach for a second dance !!!

Wx :wink:

PS Next time we honour a dancer with the BTC kitemark we might not disclose it on the forum so complain at your peril ..... :D

Oh believe me Wendy 4 minutes is NEVER enough to satisfy - no matter HOW good (a dancer) he is :wink:

Please don't get me wrong, all the women on the forum would love to know the men with the BTC kitemark (and we'd like to keep that information limited to Forum members :devil: ) - but please can we leave it until my stomach has settled before we go off down that route???????

By the way Dreadful Scathe - chocolate trophy's sound good - but they are never as good as the real thing as they temper the chocolate for Santas and snowmen and Easter eggs - best stick to the champers (and a box of chocs would be good!!) - not that I'm likely to be picking one up anyway :mad: unless I get you as my Lucky Dip partner :wink: ..........oh no!!!!! Even I've started being nice .......time to go work!!!!

Bill
30th-October-2002, 12:12 PM
not that I'm likely to be picking one up anyway :mad: unless I get you as my Lucky Dip partner :wink: ..........oh no!!!!! Even I've started being nice .......time to go work!!!! See...............it really doesn't hurt that much now does it !!!!!:rolleyes: :p

You could suprise work colleagues and be nice to them too and see the effect :D ..that'll worry them :cheers:

Dancing Veela
30th-October-2002, 02:35 PM
See...............it really doesn't hurt that much now does it !!!!!:rolleyes: :p
No but I wasn't sucking up to DS - I really do think he's good :grin:
You could surprise work colleagues and be nice to them too and see the effect :D ..that'll worry them :cheers: Not a hope in hell of that happening - they'd wonder what I wanted. Anyway the Bombay Bad Boy has already been rude to me this morning so why would I want to be nice to him?????

Bill
30th-October-2002, 03:55 PM
Anyway the Bombay Bad Boy has already been rude to me this morning so why would I want to be nice to him????? Then you'll just have to take him in hand and make an example of him :what: :D .......or just get your own back on the dancefloor :p

Or be nice back to him...........now that really would scare him:what: :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
30th-October-2002, 07:13 PM
No but I wasn't sucking up to DS - I really do think he's good :grin:One day Ill be good with a capital G. ta :)

Practice Practice Practice and lots of it

Sandy
31st-October-2002, 11:52 AM
Then you'll just have to take him in hand and make an example of him :what:

I don't know Bill, is that really the best thing to do??:devil:

If you ask me the forum's getting a bit out of hand! Should may be in the new "no limits" section??:D

Sandy:wink:

Dreadful Scathe
31st-October-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
what a lovely thought, petal.:wink: ang on a minute

did Ceroc Jock really just call me petal

:what:

Franck
31st-October-2002, 11:33 PM
ang on a minute

did Ceroc Jock really just call me petal Must be because you keep winking at him every time he drops his pants :wink: :really:

Franck.