PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Ice Cream Flavours

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 07:16 PM
Hey everyone i was just sitting enjoying a bowl of yummy yummy ice cream and wondered if Ceroc dancers have a general preference?

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 07:18 PM
oh dear i meant to put a poll!

well you can just say then! unless someone knows how to add a poll on? :blush:

Sparkles
13th-September-2004, 07:39 PM
If you plead with a moderator they might be able to help you... they're nice like that :flower:

CJ
13th-September-2004, 07:43 PM
Recently enjoyed the delights of Green & Black's maya gold in ice cream form.

:yum: :yum: :yum:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 07:57 PM
If you plead with a moderator they might be able to help you... they're nice like that :flower:

Where do i find one of these moderator types? :blush:

Dance Demon
13th-September-2004, 08:19 PM
Arrrggghhhh.....my big weakness,........ICE CREAM..... :drool:
But the best test of any ice cream is how good the vanilla is. Vanilla Rules....... :clap: :clap:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 08:21 PM
Arrrggghhhh.....my big weakness,........ICE CREAM..... :drool:
But the best test of any ice cream is how good the vanilla is. Vanilla Rules....... :clap: :clap:

Its only good if the vanilla is soft and creamy and milky :clap:

philsmove
13th-September-2004, 08:22 PM
MACKTIE'S of Scotland Honeycomb www.mackies.co.uk :drool:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-September-2004, 08:30 PM
I killed them all and ground their bones for Soup. Dance Demon helped me eat it.
MMM loveley it was too, although it tasted a bit multi-cultural - There was a gie bonnie broadness to it, with a dab of oooh a certain something* and certainly a hint of Apples and Pears!! :)

* Yes I was going to attempt to write that in French until I realised I had'nt the faintest idea how to spell it :)

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 08:48 PM
MACKTIE'S of Scotland Honeycomb www.mackies.co.uk :drool:

i have to agree it is lovely! Its nearly as good as Mauds Pooh Bear ice cream.. only avaliable in N.Ireland :drool: :drool:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 08:49 PM
I killed them all and ground their bones for Soup. Dance Demon helped me eat it.
MMM loveley it was too, although it tasted a bit multi-cultural - There was a gie bonnie broadness to it, with a dab of oooh a certain something* and certainly a hint of Apples and Pears!! :)

* Yes I was going to attempt to write that in French until I realised I had'nt the faintest idea how to spell it :)

I no that i shouldn't encourage your but i actually found that funny!! :clap:

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 09:02 PM
For once I'm going back on thread.
Classic magnums followed closely by raspberry ripple. :yum:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 09:07 PM
For once I'm going back on thread.
Classic magnums followed closely by raspberry ripple. :yum:

Wow...clap clap for you

I have to agree magnums are lovely. anything with chocolate, i am a woman after all! :yum:

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 09:10 PM
Wow...clap clap for you

I have to agree magnums are lovely. anything with chocolate, i am a woman after all! :yum:
Humm chocolate... (scuse me mouth full of raspberry ripple) :blush:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 09:12 PM
Humm chocolate... (scuse me mouth full of raspberry ripple) :blush:

I had a big bowl of ice cream when starting this thread. i now fancy a packet of refreshers. You know the little sherbety sweeties!! :yum:

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 09:23 PM
I had a big bowl of ice cream when starting this thread. i now fancy a packet of refreshers. You know the little sherbety sweeties!! :yum:
Can i get a green one, please, pleeease. :yum:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 10:22 PM
Can i get a green one, please, pleeease. :yum:

ok i dont like the green ones very much. i prefer the pink ones. Oh oh we could each get a pack and you could have my green ones and i could have your pinks ones!! yumm :yum:

Gadget
13th-September-2004, 11:35 PM
If anyone is going to/from glasgow north; you will pass a village that sells the best ice-cream I have ever tasted;
(A80 heading N) Just past the Dolly Parton round-about, there is the Crow Wood and a 30 zone with speed camera - turn off - Muirhead (it's a D that loops back on further down) just past the first lot of shops is a cafe called "Sovies" - just before a pelecan crossing.
(A80 heading S) Just past the 30 zone and speed camera there is a turning into Muirhead - cross the carrageway and past the filling station. * Through the lights and just after the pelecan crossing is the same cafe {doh}.

May I recommend the rasberry ripple :yum: I take home a litre tub every time I pass.

(*If it's tea time, the "Park" chipper is very good, if a bit pricey. Although you will also get a cloice of top rate indian, chinese, italian and pub grub on the same streach of road.)

philsmove
13th-September-2004, 11:58 PM
for the best ice ice cream in the world go here http://www.herfort.inoz.com/avalon/icecream.html

OK its along way to go for ice cream, but the best fish and chip shop in the world is not very far away and if you take a late ferry back to Sydney you might even see one the world most spectacular sunsets

TheTramp
14th-September-2004, 12:30 AM
Where do i find one of these moderator types? :blush:
Usually behind you (oo-er missus).... :D

Toffee fudge ripple for me please.

Trampy

Pammy
14th-September-2004, 09:22 AM
One you get at the Warner chain of cinemas, called Hokey Pokey - love it :yum:

Lynn
14th-September-2004, 10:50 AM
MACKTIE'S of Scotland Honeycomb Nah - Mauds Pooh Bear Delight!
Lets have a challenge of the Scottish vs N Irish honeycomb icecream! I'll volunteer to be one of the judges!

Bigger Andy
14th-September-2004, 12:51 PM
Raspberry ripple is my favourite.
:drool:

naughty_scotty84
14th-September-2004, 04:16 PM
I used to be and well still am a big Mackies Ice Cream fan, but a couple of weeks ago i got addicted to thos 20p Mini Milks, wow!!! They are amazing they should make tubs of the stuff and not just small lollies........mmmmmm.......mini milks!!! I'm all excited now!!!

Stuart
14th-September-2004, 08:27 PM
There's a "Gelateria" in Rome, on that long staight road that leads up to the Vatican that does amazing ice cream. I had apple flavoured ice cream, which I had never had before.

drathzel
15th-September-2004, 03:06 AM
Nah - Mauds Pooh Bear Delight!
Lets have a challenge of the Scottish vs N Irish honeycomb icecream! I'll volunteer to be one of the judges!

Thank you lynn

A fellow Northern Ireland person who agrees that Mauds Pooh Bear just rules.
Hey have you been to the factory. my uncle used to tell me that pooh bear was made when a bear sat on the machine and poo-ed. is that not gross. Still i always indulge in litre tub when i am home :drool:

drathzel
15th-September-2004, 03:08 AM
I used to be and well still am a big Mackies Ice Cream fan, but a couple of weeks ago i got addicted to thos 20p Mini Milks, wow!!! They are amazing they should make tubs of the stuff and not just small lollies........mmmmmm.......mini milks!!! I'm all excited now!!!

They used to be nicer when i was a lass(he he) although they are still lovely on a summers day when you manage to escape from work! :yum:

Lynn
15th-September-2004, 10:57 AM
Mauds Pooh Bear just rules... Yeah! Never been to the factory (was at Tayto Castle last week though!) Ever had The Rinka ice cream? Haven't been for years but they used to have some nice stuff there too.

Nice to have another NI person on the forum (even if they don't live here!)

drathzel
15th-September-2004, 11:04 AM
Yeah! Never been to the factory (was at Tayto Castle last week though!) Ever had The Rinka ice cream? Haven't been for years but they used to have some nice stuff there too.

Nice to have another NI person on the forum (even if they don't live here!)

I am so jealous i always wanted to go to the castle! I always bring loads of crisps back with me! I have a tonne of them in my kitchen now! Yeahy

I managed to escape two years ago!! only joking! :clap:

Lynn
15th-September-2004, 11:10 AM
I am so jealous i always wanted to go to the castle! I always bring loads of crisps back with me! I have a tonne of them in my kitchen now! Yeahy The tour is free, you get to eat crisps on the way round and 3 free bags to take home. :drool: Oh - ice cream, crisps... I'm getting hungry now!

naughty_scotty84
15th-September-2004, 11:11 AM
There's a "Gelateria" in Rome, on that long staight road that leads up to the Vatican that does amazing ice cream. I had apple flavoured ice cream, which I had never had before.

Actually folks srub the mini milks, Stuart is right, Italian Ice Cream is to die for. Especially in Venice there so many flavours, watermelon, Strawberry, Apricot, Vanilla, Chocolate, mint, and wow loads more. :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:
That sure brings back memories!!!!

drathzel
15th-September-2004, 11:15 AM
The tour is free, you get to eat crisps on the way round and 3 free bags to take home. :drool: Oh - ice cream, crisps... I'm getting hungry now!

I must go next time i am home! thats a MUST

Gadget
15th-September-2004, 11:43 AM
The best Ice-cream I had was in Yugoslavia (while it still was yugoslavia) - the cones were these hard wafers, more like brandy-snaps than the light wafer cones we have. The vendor juggled scoops of icecream, twirled the scoops, threw and caught the icecream in the cones. They also packed them down into the cone. It was a lemon ice-cream, but it was more a sorbet than an ice-cream.... yum. :drool:

drathzel
15th-September-2004, 12:07 PM
The best Ice-cream I had was in Yugoslavia (while it still was yugoslavia) - the cones were these hard wafers, more like brandy-snaps than the light wafer cones we have. The vendor juggled scoops of icecream, twirled the scoops, threw and caught the icecream in the cones. They also packed them down into the cone. It was a lemon ice-cream, but it was more a sorbet than an ice-cream.... yum. :drool:

I love brandy snaps. I make them all the time. Making them into cones is an idea! although i can't juggle or make sorbet!

Simon r
15th-September-2004, 01:23 PM
It has to be Ben and Jerry phish food.............................
This of course is my classic subject and demand a phd in all ice cream flavours so no arguments ....
the only thing is that in england you can only by max 5 litre boxes at a time thats not even ten mins eating :really:

drathzel
15th-September-2004, 01:28 PM
It has to be Ben and Jerry phish food.............................
This of course is my classic subject and demand a phd in all ice cream flavours so no arguments ....
the only thing is that in england you can only by max 5 litre boxes at a time thats not even ten mins eating :really:

I like half baked! I could eat a whole tub at once and now am very tempted to! I have american friend down in england and they get american sized tubs of ice cream on base... which the kindly share!! YUMMMMMMMMM :yum: :drool:

drathzel
25th-February-2005, 09:56 PM
I am really craving vanilla ice cream! Stuck in the house and cant get any!!!! :angry:

baldrick
25th-February-2005, 10:06 PM
I am really craving vanilla ice cream! Stuck in the house and cant get any!!!! :angry:
Here have a slurrrrrp of my rasberry ripple :what:

drathzel
25th-February-2005, 10:55 PM
Here have a slurrrrrp of my rasberry ripple :what:

:sick:

ha ha

So whos bringing me vanilla ice cream? :hug:

azande
25th-February-2005, 11:51 PM
Let's see....

"Have you ever spent days
and days
and days
making up flavors of ice cream
that no one's ever eaten before?
Like chicken and telephone ice cream?...
Green mouse ice cream was the worst.

I didn't like that at all!"

Lory
26th-February-2005, 01:33 AM
and days
and days

Funnily enough.........

No! :D

Mr Fitz
26th-February-2005, 02:02 AM
Let's see....

and days
and days

No but I have been to Merida in Venezuela at the foot of Mt. Bolivar many years ago. This place was in the Guinness book of records as having an ice cream parlour with the most number of flavours, 185 if my Alzheimers is not mistaken.

I had something boring like strawberries and cream :sad: .

They also did lasagne flavoured ice cream :eek: , cheese and onion :eek: as well as spaghetti bolognese :sick: ...frankly life is just way too short...

Tiggerbabe
26th-February-2005, 02:25 AM
cheese and onion :eek:
Cheese and Onion Ice cream? Now that's just plain silly :wink:
Give me Baileys flavour any day :drool: :drool:

jivecat
26th-February-2005, 11:50 AM
No but I have been to Merida in Venezuela at the foot of Mt. Bolivar many years ago. This place was in the Guinness book of records as having an ice cream parlour with the most number of flavours, 185 if my Alzheimers is not mistaken.

I seem to recall that avocado ice-cream (and milkshake) was popular in Venezuela. And delicious.

I like that stuff with the raw cookie-dough in it. Reminds me of stealing the cake-mix out of the bowl when I was little.

And those double choc Magnums. Ther's a nice truffle one as well, but not always available in my local cornershop.

Dance Demon
26th-February-2005, 02:52 PM
Good test of how good a shops ice cream is, is to try the vanilla first. If the vanilla is good, then the flavoured stuff is likely to be too. I know all the good ice cream shops in Edinburgh ( and afew others outwith Edinburgh) coz ice cream is my big weakness :drool: :drool: :drool:

drathzel
26th-February-2005, 05:11 PM
I like that stuff with the raw cookie-dough in it. Reminds me of stealing the cake-mix out of the bowl when I was little.

ben and jerrys cookie dough or half baked :drool:

drathzel
26th-February-2005, 05:22 PM
Good test of how good a shops ice cream is, is to try the vanilla first. If the vanilla is good, then the flavoured stuff is likely to be too. I know all the good ice cream shops in Edinburgh ( and afew others outwith Edinburgh) coz ice cream is my big weakness :drool: :drool: :drool:
Soooo true!!! :yeah: :drool:

Piglet
27th-February-2005, 04:58 PM
MACKTIE'S of Scotland Honeycomb :drool:

Yummy yummy yummy!
you got my favourite!

but I do like Raspberry Ripple too! :yum:

Winnie
19th-March-2005, 11:04 PM
Pistachio or Baileys ice cream :drool:

jammy
28th-June-2005, 12:20 PM
Its nearly as good as Mauds Pooh Bear ice cream.. only avaliable in N.Ireland :drool: :drool:

oh my god wot an ice cream mauds pooh bear yummy anything mauds is really nice

but i also tried a new ice cream the other week Irn Bru cant think of who made it ( i can but i cant spell it) but i found it in asda

i would recomend it
jammy :worthy:

Dizzy
28th-June-2005, 01:09 PM
mmmmm.....Baileys Ice Cream!!!! :drool:

When I was in Dublin, I went to a cafe that sold the BEST Baileys Ice-Cream as well as Guinness Ice-cream too. It was actually really nice.

drathzel
28th-June-2005, 01:24 PM
oh my god wot an ice cream mauds pooh bear yummy anything mauds is really nice

but i also tried a new ice cream the other week Irn Bru cant think of who made it ( i can but i cant spell it) but i found it in asda

i would recomend it
jammy :worthy:

have you tried mauds? :really:

Clive Long
28th-June-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm a simple man:

Chocolate (surprise!) and mint

Real vanilla ice-cream: real cream, real vanilla

Ginger ice cream

Mango sorbet

Never tried it, but will one day: Garlic ice-cream (possibly sold here (http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/review_73.html) - if you can tolerate Swedish Heavy Metal music - an acquired taste :snigger: )

Clive

latinlover
28th-June-2005, 04:14 PM
there is a ginuine Italian gelatoria near where I work and all of theirs are the best ,but the best of the best is amaretto :clap: :drool:

Purple Sparkler
29th-June-2005, 03:45 PM
I have extremely fond memories of the Gelateria in St Giovanni Val D'Arno where I spent part of a holiday in Italy 3 years ago. Tiramisu ice cream... :drool:

Of the ones I can generally get hold of in England, my favourites are:

Rum & Raisin
Pistachio
Cookie Dough
and Baileys.

Though I'd say one of the best things is good quality vanilla ice cream with pretty much ANY liqueur poured over it.

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
29th-June-2005, 04:31 PM
The best ice cream I have EVER had was in Italy last year :worthy: my dad just bought an ice cream maker so maybe that will be just as good, but I don't know yet as I haven't really eaten any of it yet.

My fave flavours are:
Chocolate!
Mint choc chip
Orange :drool:
Vanilla

I think i've only eaten ben and jerry's once, and have never tried that cookie dough stuff, is it any good?

Ashx

Purple Sparkler
29th-June-2005, 04:37 PM
I think i've only eaten ben and jerry's once, and have never tried that cookie dough stuff, is it any good?

Ashx

Put it this way- if you ever used to lick out the bowl when your Mum or Dad made cakes/biccies when you were a kid, you will like it. A lot.