PDA

View Full Version : Calling all brisbanites (brisbanians? briswegieans?)

horsey_dude
13th-September-2004, 06:00 AM
Can anyone who is familiar with the Brisbane modern Jive scene help me out? I will be staying in brisbane tuesday the 14th and would like to go dancing. I am staying at the hotel isis on turbot st (not sure which suburb but I think it is fairly close to the CBD... Can anyone with a good knowledge of Brisbane tell me which of these venues would be closer/better:

1. Le Step - Polish Club - Milton (Just off Park Rd.)
10 Marie Street

2. Le Step - Chermside Bowls' Club, Rode Rd, Chermside
100m west of Gympie Rd. Parking behind building.

(Milton is looking good on the map at this point but you can never be sure)

Cheers,
HD.

Gary
13th-September-2004, 07:36 AM
I don't think any brisvegans are on the cerocscotland forum (and they only make rare appearances on the cerocaustralia forum). I'd suggest mailing or calling Mick @ LeStep who'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

horsey_dude
13th-September-2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks Gary, I will give him a call when I arrive.

Daisy
13th-September-2004, 08:34 PM
Thanks Gary, I will give him a call when I arrive.

Send love from Ray & Jane when you do and tell him we've just got our Ozzy visas through so we'll be moving over there soon.

Ta very much :flower:

TheTramp
14th-September-2004, 12:48 AM
Just find out which one Emma Keating is teaching at, and go there. Even if she's the only other person there. Actually.... ESPECIALLY if she's the only other person there!! :drool:

Trampy

Gary
14th-September-2004, 01:43 AM
Just find out which one Emma Keating is teaching at, and go there. Even if she's the only other person there. Actually.... ESPECIALLY if she's the only other person there!! :drool:

Trampy
:yeah:

Actually I think that Emma teaches mainly at the Gold Coast, which is about an hour away from Brisbane.

horsey_dude
17th-September-2004, 04:53 AM
Emma and Mick were both there and I had a really great night. The brisbane Le Step people are really nice and very good dancers.

HD

Gary
17th-September-2004, 05:01 AM
cool. I always enjoy heading up to Brisbane for comps :waycool: