PDA

View Full Version : The drathzel thread

Dreadful Scathe
12th-September-2004, 10:31 PM
This is the thread where we get drathzel to type more than one sentance in EVERY post she makes in here. Proper sentances mind, hyphens don't count.....and no quoting Elvis. :D

C'mon drathzel you can do it ;)

under par
12th-September-2004, 10:45 PM
This is the thread where we get drathzel to type more than one sentance in EVERY post she makes in here. Proper sentances mind, hyphens don't count.....and no quoting Elvis. :D

C'mon drathzel you can do it ;)

We could start a Drathzel Comprehension Academy. :worthy:

I think she can do it too.

Come on Drathzel!

Come on Drathzel!

Come on Drathzel! :wink: :whistle: :yum:

drathzel
12th-September-2004, 10:48 PM
Well I am immensly flattered that not only do i have my own thread but it has gotten attention already. I feel your support has helped me and i will try and type properly from now on. I would like to thank the following people for there help in rehabilitaing me to proper sentences:-

DS
UP
My mummy
My Daddy
And my doggy banjax!!

Thank you all. I love you :tears:

drathzel
12th-September-2004, 10:49 PM
Grammar and spelling lessons have, however, not been completed! :sick:

Dreadful Scathe
12th-September-2004, 10:50 PM
Well I am immensly flattered that not only do i have my own thread but it has gotten attention already. I feel your support has helped me and i will try and type properly from now on. I would like to thank the following people for there help in rehabilitaing me to proper sentences:-

DS
UP
My mummy
My Daddy
And my doggy banjax!!

ok, more haiku than anything, but as Simon Cowell would say, 'terrible!'. I'm just glad to be in the first line in such a work of wonderous wonder :).

drathzel
12th-September-2004, 10:55 PM
ok, more haiku than anything, but as Simon Cowell would say, 'terrible!'. I'm just glad to be in the first line in such a work of wonderous wonder :).

what is a haiku? not exactly the sharpest tool in the box is me!!!

You can be first in the line. I let you, but only because you started the thread! :rofl: :clap:

under par
12th-September-2004, 10:58 PM

DS
UP
My mummy
My Daddy
And my doggy banjax!!

Congratulations Drathzel I knew you could do it! :yeah:

Keep up the good work, if you find you are slipping back to your old ways please phone the helpline number. :whistle:

There is also a good couselling service available PM me for details :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
12th-September-2004, 10:59 PM
what is a haiku? not exactly the sharpest tool in the box is me!!!

You can be fist in the line. I let you, but only because you started the thread! :rofl: :clap:
I am not prepared to reply to THAT spelling mistake....:)

drathzel
12th-September-2004, 11:07 PM
Congratulations Drathzel I knew you could do it! :yeah:

Keep up the good work, if you find you are slipping back to your old ways please phone the helpline number. :whistle:

There is also a good couselling service available PM me for details :wink:

i'm starting to slip... I may need that councilling!! And the number too!

drathzel
12th-September-2004, 11:08 PM
I am not prepared to reply to THAT spelling mistake....:)

changed it just for you!! :flower:

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 09:58 AM
I'm just glad to be in the first line in such a work of wonderous wonder :).
First up against the wall, hey DS :D

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 06:12 PM
First up against the wall, hey DS :D

i resent that comment! I am a nice person and i thank people i like! Notice your name is not on it!

Sparkles
13th-September-2004, 06:26 PM
i resent that comment! I am a nice person and i thank people i like! Notice your name is not on it!
Now you've got your own thread for one-liners, does this mean you'll stop invading all the others? :wink: :rolleyes: :devil: :whistle:
Thank you, DS, you're a saviour :kiss: :wink:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 06:37 PM
Now you've got your own thread for one-liners, does this mean you'll stop invading all the others? :wink: :rolleyes: :devil: :whistle:
Thank you, DS, you're a saviour :kiss: :wink:

Probably not. Although i may start writing more than one liners, especially now that i am being trained up!

Sparkles
13th-September-2004, 06:41 PM
Probably not. Although i may start writing more than one liners, especially now that i am being trained up!
Good for you!
If you'd like any help in your training just ask :wink: - relatively speaking I'm quite a new bunny on here too, but I've racked up just one or two :whistle: posts.
The trick is to insult DS a lot :grin: - he pretends he doesn't like it, but he does really and seeing as he's complaining about one-liner posts I suggest you make your insults as long-winded as possible :wink:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 06:57 PM
Good for you!
If you'd like any help in your training just ask :wink: - relatively speaking I'm quite a new bunny on here too, but I've racked up just one or two :whistle: posts.
The trick is to insult DS a lot :grin: - he pretends he doesn't like it, but he does really and seeing as he's complaining about one-liner posts I suggest you make your insults as long-winded as possible :wink:

Thank you, any help is greatly recieved. I tried the insulting thing but i am not very good at it. I got as far as nasty evil man... mmm not the most insulting! :sad:

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 07:08 PM
Ok help. How do I set one of those 'clik here' and it takes people to another part of the forum links?

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 07:10 PM
Ok help. How do I set one of those 'clik here' and it takes people to another part of the forum links?

Hey, you are going to ruin my image :innocent:( or :devil: )

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 07:23 PM
Hey, you are going to ruin my image :innocent:( or :devil: )
Depends. how hard are you prepared to try and persuade me different? :devil:

Oh, oh you have to come on wednesday! Its so much fun! Or maybe thats just because i like to dance two nights a week!
I'll try, its a sleep thing. :o

I'm done with him any way. He just can't hold the pace. I mean um with dancing and all!
You challenging me to keep up then? Right I'll try but I was only ever half the man I used to be.
Look at that answered three different threads in one go. Beat that then D :na:

DianaS
13th-September-2004, 07:43 PM
How do you do those multiple quote replies? Its so cool? :waycool:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 07:53 PM
Depends. how hard are you prepared to try and persuade me different? :devil:

I'll try, its a sleep thing. :o

You challenging me to keep up then? Right I'll try but I was only ever half the man I used to be.
Look at that answered three different threads in one go. Beat that then D :na:

I would never try! I respect your seniorirty and :worthy: to it!

I understand the sleep thing but i am on leave this week! WOO HOO! Was supposed to be giong out on the **** on Thursday night but aaron has now decided that freshers week is so much more imoprtant than his friends...AND ceroc!

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 07:54 PM
How do you do those multiple quote replies? Its so cool? :waycool:

I think you do it from the quotey bits below!!!

DianaS
13th-September-2004, 08:06 PM
I think you do it from the quotey bits below!!!
okay sort of cut and past quote onto quote

I would never try! I respect your seniorirty and :worthy: to it!

I understand the sleep thing but i am on leave this week! WOO HOO! Was supposed to be giong out on the **** on Thursday night but aaron has now decided that freshers week is so much more imoprtant than his friends...AND ceroc!

Hey thats cool Ta D

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 08:19 PM
How do you do those multiple quote replies? Its so cool?

It is

okay sort of cut and past quote onto quote

Hey thats cool Ta D

Yeah aren't we great! :clap: :hug:

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah aren't we great! :clap: :hug:
Yo, welcome you both to the cut n paste club. :clap: :D :hug:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 08:47 PM
Yo, welcome you both to the cut n paste club. :clap: :D :hug:
however u do have to put in the quote bit. or is there another way to do that? :worthy:

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 08:56 PM
however u do have to put in the quote bit. or is there another way to do that? :worthy:
You do have to add the quote bits, but they can be cut and pasted as well.

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 08:58 PM

And the training of Miss D Rathzel continues. Thank you :clap:

Whitebeard
13th-September-2004, 11:02 PM
Wouldn't that be copy and paste??

And because there are no spaces it can be difficult to highlight the exact bit (the tag and only the tag) you want.

Gadget
13th-September-2004, 11:49 PM
it's lots quicker to just type [ quote ] ~paste~ [ /quote ], then you don't get too mixed up. And you can use the "quick reply" box rather than clicking on the 'quote' button.

BTW if you use [ quote=Gadget ] then you get the text like so:
but everything in here is in italics - leave the "=Gadget" out for normal text... Oh and you can also use [ quote ] within a quote to get
nested quotes where you quote someone quoting someone else. :sick: but this can get confusing when you are trying to work out what goes where.

Dreadful Scathe
13th-September-2004, 11:59 PM
Is there

such a

thing as

too much quoting ?

Or am
I just
being
silly ?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Whitebeard
14th-September-2004, 12:07 AM
it's lots quicker to just type [ quote ] ~paste~ [ /quote ], then you don't get too mixed up. And you can use the "quick reply" box rather than clicking on the 'quote' button.

Thanks for that, which I've used for this reply.

What annoys me (and requires a lot of deleting) is that using the 'quote' button brings up the whole text of a message. I would have hoped that highlighting just the text you want to quote would have worked, as is the normal convention.

DavidY
14th-September-2004, 12:09 AM
Ok help. How do I set one of those 'clik here' and it takes people to another part of the forum links?Gadget wrote a comprehensive Forum Frequently Asked Questions post which answers this (and many other) questions.

Well worth a read and it's here. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3458)

Observant readers will note that I copied and pasted this from another reply. Is this cheating?

Whitebeard
14th-September-2004, 12:11 AM
silly ?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Showing off more like. You're no more snoozing than I am !!

Gadget
14th-September-2004, 12:20 AM
What annoys me (and requires a lot of deleting) is that using the 'quote' button brings up the whole text of a message. I would have hoped that highlighting just the text you want to quote would have worked, as is the normal convention.
That "whole lot of deleting" can also be done in the same way as you copy/paste; just select the bit you don't want and ~delete~ or start typing to over-write the selection.

(it may sound obvious, but the amount of people I have watched sit and hold ~del~ or tap away at it for 30-40 key strokes would astound you)

Oh yea, one other thing; the ~del~ on the key pad with the numbers deletes to the right of the cursor, the ~bksp~ (backspace) above the ~enter/return~ key deletes to the left of the cursor.

Whitebeard
14th-September-2004, 12:21 AM
Miss D Rathzel
That doesn't sound very Scottish.

Way back, I've got an Andreu Paterson in my lineage. A French as well as Scots connection ??

Whitebeard
14th-September-2004, 12:29 AM
Oh yea, one other thing; the ~del~ on the key pad with the numbers deletes to the right of the cursor, the ~bksp~ (backspace) above the ~enter/return~ key deletes to the left of the cursor.
Was familiar with the rest, but this is new to me. As usual, you're a mine of information !!!

drathzel
15th-September-2004, 02:52 AM
That doesn't sound very Scottish.

Way back, I've got an Andreu Paterson in my lineage. A French as well as Scots connection ??

Yeah its not. My mummy is N.irish and my dad is German! What a combination! Why do you think i moved to Scotland! :nice:

Whitebeard
15th-September-2004, 03:05 AM
..... and my dad is German!
Wie geht es ienen mein freuliche madchen. Well, something like that !! Long, long, time ago.

drathzel
15th-September-2004, 03:15 AM
Wie geht es ienen mein freuliche madchen. Well, something like that !! Long, long, time ago.

Ok i got a a bit of that!

Sehr Gut Danka und du?

philsmove
15th-September-2004, 07:11 PM
According to my calculations drathzel postings will overtake the tramp in just over one years time

TheTramp
15th-September-2004, 08:38 PM
According to my calculations drathzel postings will overtake the tramp in just over one years time
Interestingly, I make it 325.8 days (based on current postings per day and current posts). Which is under a year.

(480 + 22.48x = 5243 + 7.86x : solve for x)

Of course, that's assuming that Drathzel maintains her current level of posting. I got to 500 posts in less days than D (as I recall).

Anyhow, if she can take the highest poster position, then more power to her fingers...

Trampy

philsmove
15th-September-2004, 11:25 PM
Interestingly, I make it 325.8 days Trampy

:worthy: oops i think a had better get a new calculator

baldrick
16th-September-2004, 08:54 AM
So she'll have to start getting up early to get that kind of hit rate :whistle:

drathzel
16th-September-2004, 10:27 AM
So she'll have to start getting up early to get that kind of hit rate :whistle:

I dont get up early for anyone. Well except work but that is my choice!

Just for the record. i dont want to overtake Trampy after all he is the forum legend! :worthy: