PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you laugh, but shouldn't!

Lou
9th-September-2004, 10:36 AM
I'm a bad, bad person.

A colleague brought in a local paper supplement today. It's a Baby Of The Year competition. And for some reason he was afronted because some of us were laughing our little socks off at some of the entries. There are some incredibly UGLY BABIES in Swindon! :rofl:

Ugly babies are sooooo funny. :blush: What makes you laugh, even though you know in your heart-of-hearts you shouldn't? :whistle:

(btw... I hasten to add that I'm sure all Forumites' babies are incredibly beautiful)

CJ
9th-September-2004, 10:44 AM
I will start this post with the information that I courted an amputee for 2 years and that I work in a charity that deals with disability, etc, etc, etc.

OK, pc stuff out the road:

On the road with the band (4 guys with a somewhat "enthusiastic" collective sense of humour) and we go to the flicks on an afternoon off. We go to see "Shaun of the Dead," (which I found to be clever, funny and interesting): a film kind of about zombies.

Anyway, the film has finished, the credits are rolling and from behind us we hear this slow rythmic, *clunk*; clunk, clunk, etc, etc,etc.

So, we are all wondering what on earth is behind us. As we sit still, a guy walks past with an artificial leg, and it's his heel which is doing the clunking.

Thankfully, we didn't laugh (immediately) but oh how we struggled. Just the wrong guy passing the wrong place at the wrong time.

I may come iver really badly, but have no guilt about it. We weren't laughing at him, or his disabilty: we didn't laugh in front of him and no offence was caused.

was a peach, tho... :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
9th-September-2004, 10:47 AM
I find it funny when waiting on a train, and when it pulls up everyone walks really fast in the direction of the trains travel until it stops...Ive always found this bizarre behaviour. I just wait until I know where the door is going to stop. although...er.... I think its perfectly OK to laugh at that :) I find heavily overweight people wearing crop tops, leggings and visible g-strings funny, and I probably shouldnt :)

Gadget
9th-September-2004, 12:42 PM
Un-intentional irony normally makes me smile: when the fates play with you.

The guy who got a call on 9/11 and responded to his pannic stricken wife saying "what do you mean where am I?, I'm in the office". Instant divorce: he was having an affair and was at her place.

There is a prison accross the river from where I work: they got a prisoner to paint the gates; they caught him two days later.

Passing a car with a "small person on-board" sticker, and seeing the driver has to peer over the stearing wheel.

Lory
9th-September-2004, 04:29 PM
I'm a bad, bad person.

Ugly babies are sooooo funny. :blush:
Yes, your a bad person! :wink: But I fear I'm MUCH worse! :blush:

It used to crack me up, when mine were babies and I'd give them something new to eat and they didn't like it! Their little faces used to screw up and their whole body's used to shudder! :rofl:

And when they'd come home from school all upset about something and speak in a monotone voice that I can only decribe as a mixture between a darlek and larry the lamb, 'I D-ID-N'T L-I-KE MY SC-HO-OL DI-NN-ER T-O-DAY AN-D TH-E D-IN-NER LA-DY MA-DE ME EA-T IT! It's soo hard not to laugh! But it's even funnier when they notice you stifling a giggle and then they get REALLY cross, then THEN they step up another octave! :rofl:

I think I've said this on here before but I actually got a terrible fit of giggles at the alter, on my wedding day, I couldn't even say the words! :blush:

And why is it, when two really ugly people get affectionate, it just looks ridiculously funny? :rofl:

Gojive
9th-September-2004, 04:54 PM
And why is it, when two really ugly people get affectionate, it just looks ridiculously funny?

I'm so glad that my partner is good looking, I'd hate to think of all those people laughing at us :tears:

philsmove
9th-September-2004, 04:58 PM
I had a friend, who was a major, in a tank regiment, he has a te.. te. ..terrible st.. st... stutter.
It was a standing joke that he was never promoted, as by the time he said f..f..f..f.. f

FIRE -

he had run it over :eek:

RobC
9th-September-2004, 05:15 PM
I find heavily overweight people wearing crop tops, leggings and visible g-strings funny, and I probably shouldnt :)
Glad our g-strings were'nt showing at Bristol then, eh Andy :whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
9th-September-2004, 05:26 PM
THis makes me laugh. The Scottish Parliament website has several translations one of them is Scots - which while most of us do speak it in some form I've never heard of anyone trying to write it :) (cept Burns bit hes deid ;) )

go here > http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/vli/language/scots/index.htm

Gadget
9th-September-2004, 05:37 PM
never heard of "Dod and Bunty" ? famous column in the Evening Express up here.

drathzel
9th-September-2004, 06:15 PM
really pathetic jokes....

oh that scot website thing is funny! :clap:

Rachel
10th-September-2004, 05:10 PM
My brother is mentally handicapped and - unwittingly - makes me laugh all the time. Sometimes his logic just gets so messed up.

One of my favourites was when he called me from a public phone box in middle of Bath. Halfway through the conversation, something obviously caught his attention, so he says to me - 'watch my bag for me, I've got to go'. And he just dropped the phone, left his bag (including wallet and mobile) in the phone box and disappeared, thinking that, because I'm on the other end of the phone, I can guard his stuff! And I'm left there shouting into the receivor, 'no Andrew, don't do that, don't go ......' Too late! God only knows if he ever eventually came back to the phone, or if his bag was still there.

And every night, when he calls me, we always end the conversation in the same way -him - what time can I call you tomorrow?
me - any time at all ...
him - no, tell me a time, when are you in?
me - I'm in all day, call me anytime
him - no, I need a time
me - ok call me at 6
him - no, can't call you at 6. I have to call you later at night
me - ok, call me at 7
him - I'll call you at 9 in the morning
me - that's not later, that's earlier, call me at 7 in the evening
him - ok, I'll call you at 11am
me - that's earlier... Oh alright, 11am
him - no, can't call you then. I'll call you at 6 ....

And it goes on and on. Every single day ... He just cracks me up!
Rachel

under par
10th-September-2004, 05:44 PM
My brother is mentally handicapped and - unwittingly - makes me laugh all the time. Sometimes his logic just gets so messed up.

One of my favourites was when he called me from a public phone box in middle of Bath. Halfway through the conversation, something obviously caught his attention, so he says to me - 'watch my bag for me, I've got to go'. And he just dropped the phone, left his bag (including wallet and mobile) in the phone box and disappeared, thinking that, because I'm on the other end of the phone, I can guard his stuff! And I'm left there shouting into the receivor, 'no Andrew, don't do that, don't go ......' Too late! God only knows if he ever eventually came back to the phone, or if his bag was still there.

And every night, when he calls me, we always end the conversation in the same way -him - what time can I call you tomorrow?
me - any time at all ...
him - no, tell me a time, when are you in?
me - I'm in all day, call me anytime
him - no, I need a time
me - ok call me at 6
him - no, can't call you at 6. I have to call you later at night
me - ok, call me at 7
him - I'll call you at 9 in the morning
me - that's not later, that's earlier, call me at 7 in the evening
him - ok, I'll call you at 11am
me - that's earlier... Oh alright, 11am
him - no, can't call you then. I'll call you at 6 ....

And it goes on and on. Every single day ... He just cracks me up!
Rachel

Rachel
Absolutley priceless :rofl: :worthy: :rofl:

Rachel
10th-September-2004, 06:27 PM
Oh, and the other one I like from my brother is when he calls my home phone number, I say, hello! And the first thing he always asks is 'Where are you - are you still at work?'
R.

drathzel
10th-September-2004, 06:59 PM
My boss ( the older one) when he talks about things of a sexual nature.... since i know his wife i shouldn't laugh!! :blush:

Lory
5th-August-2005, 08:57 AM
This....

On smoking and candles... one of the freestyles I go to places candles on the windowsills, so they're behind the chairs facing onto the dancefloor. It took me a few seconds to realise that the terrible burning smell was coming from my ponytail...

:D :rofl: :blush: :rofl: :blush:

Sorry Martin :flower:

Stuart
5th-August-2005, 07:40 PM
I've found this website this week. You shouldn't really laugh at some of the things on here, but you can't help it:

Etiquettehell.com (http://www.etiquettehell.com)

LMC
6th-August-2005, 11:07 AM
I work for a charity, so this made me snigger...

Customs makes a hash of soap powder donation
(Third Sector magazine 3 Aug 05)

In Kind Direct, the charity that takes unwanted surplus goods from organisations and distributes them to charities, got more than it bargained for recently when it accepted a consignment of soap powder from HM Revenue & Customs.

Hidden among the boxes of washing powder, which it passed on to 102 charities, were two blocks of cannabis resin overlooked by HMRC officials.

< snip rest, it's here (http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/charity_news/full_news.cfm?ID=15717) if you really want it >