PDA

View Full Version : Big Love Show Flyer

RobC
9th-September-2004, 12:03 AM
Has anyone else seen the new flyers for the upcoming Big Love Show performance ? Some great photos of a couple of forumites .... I wonder who the photographer was :waycool:

Can't see much of Divissima apart from her mouth though. :what: How does she get it that wide :D

Gojive
9th-September-2004, 12:07 AM
Has anyone else seen the new flyers for the upcoming Big Love Show performance ? Some great photos of a couple of forumites .... I wonder who the photographer was :waycool:

Can't see much of Divissima apart from her mouth though. :what: How does she get it that wide :D

Where did you see this Rob, and can you bring an example to Fleet tomorrow night please? (I promise I'l return your CD if you do :wink: ) :D

RobC
9th-September-2004, 12:13 AM
Where did you see this Rob, and can you bring an example to Fleet tomorrow night please? (I promise I'l return your CD if you do :wink: ) :D
Tor had them at Ealing on tuesday and is in the process of sending out wadges of flyers to various people - I have a large envelope to hand-deliver to Adam & Tas, so there will probably be some out at Fleet tomorrow.

Peter
9th-September-2004, 10:38 AM
Has anyone else seen the new flyers for the upcoming Big Love Show performance ?

It's the best flyer I have ever seen for MJ event ... excellent pics! I'm sure that the show itself (Sat 30 Oct, 8pm, Christ's Hospital, Horsham) plus fresstyle til 1am will live up to the flyer ...

Divissima
9th-September-2004, 10:47 AM

Can't see much of Divissima apart from her mouth though. :what: How does she get it that wide :DCheeky!

I'm not letting you in on my secret :whistle:

Great photos, Rob. I hope loads of people can make it to the event. There's going to be a couple of hours of freestyle after the performance, so it should be a good night. And the best bit - it's all for charity.

ChrisA
9th-September-2004, 11:01 AM
There's going to be a couple of hours of freestyle after the performance

Hmm...

So what are all the non-dancers we've been asked to invite going to do afterwards, given that they've driven all the way to Horsham for a 40 minute show?

Chris

Divissima
9th-September-2004, 11:08 AM
Hmm...

So what are all the non-dancers we've been asked to invite going to do afterwards, given that they've driven all the way to Horsham for a 40 minute show?

ChrisI haven't the faintest idea. Go out for dinner?

Andy McGregor
9th-September-2004, 11:57 AM
I haven't the faintest idea. Go out for dinner?

In Horsham?

There's a Little Chef down the road from Christ's Hospital but that's about it. I think we should bring a gourmet picnic :yum:

Divissima
9th-September-2004, 12:55 PM
Hmmm... I don't like the idea of the audience bringing food. Just think what might happen if they don't enjoy the show :eek: :D

Zebra Woman
9th-September-2004, 12:56 PM
I think we should bring a gourmet picnic :yum:
:yeah: Wasn't there a lot left over from that hog you roasted the other day Andy? :devil:

Divissima
9th-September-2004, 12:58 PM
Hmmm... I don't like the idea of the audience bringing food. Just think what might happen if they don't enjoy the show

Wasn't there a lot left over from that hog you roasted the other day Andy? :eek: :eek: :eek:

:rofl:

Peter
10th-September-2004, 10:12 AM
The Big Love Show
Article by: Andy Fleming (7/9/2004)

The Big Love Show - Dancical.

30th October 2004

So unique we invented a word for it.

A Cross between a Dance and an Musical.

This show is ground breaking! Never before has there been a show which combines the talents of so many dancers from Modern Jive, Lindy Hop, Hip Hop, Tango, Blues and Percussive Dance. Fifty Two dancers in total, their talents moulded together by a team of nine choreographers; Nigel and Nina, Andy and Rena, Tas and Adam, Amir Giles, Hev Mate, Tor.

The story behind the show, which ties everything together, is one of Love, the trials and tribulations. Staring Kate Miles as Angelina, Will Hargreaves as Romeo and Mick Wenger as the Villain.

The dancing is amazing, pushing everyone to their limits.

This performance is to raise money for the cardiomyopathy association in memory of our very good friend and dancer Pete Bushnell.

For more information contact tor@rockbottoms.com or tel: 01895 232239 for tickets £10, in advance.

Venue: Christs's Hospital, Horsham, West Sussex.

under par
10th-September-2004, 10:43 AM
:yeah: Wasn't there a lot left over from that hog you roasted the other day Andy? :devil:

Andy and Sue are still eating pork sandwiches .................................................. ...but only on days ending in "Y" :wink:

Peter
10th-September-2004, 11:10 AM
So what are all the non-dancers we've been asked to invite going to do afterwards

A beginners MJ lesson in an adjacent room from say 9-9.45pm would give non dancers a few moves as an alternative to dancing around their handbags ...

spindr
7th-October-2004, 01:40 PM
Way hey, got my ticket now! :) And bringing a carload and a half along.

Who else is going?

SpinDr.

Peter
7th-October-2004, 01:46 PM

It's on the web now .... the front is here (http://www.jivelive.com/rockbottoms/biglove1.htm) and the back is here (http://www.jivelive.com/rockbottoms/biglove2.htm). The photographer made Will look so cool ...

Way hey, got my ticket now! :) And bringing a carload and a half along. Who else is going? SpinDr.

I can feeling a poll coming ...

Gus
7th-October-2004, 02:29 PM
photographer made Will look so cool ... ...by obscuring his face? :whistle:

Chicklet
7th-October-2004, 02:57 PM
...by showing the 32 label on the trousers he's quite comfortable in I think :innocent:

Graham
7th-October-2004, 03:09 PM
...by showing the 32 label on the trousers he's quite comfortable in I think :innocent:
Miaou!!!! :really:

He's just fed up with his sexuality being questioned, so he's trying to tone down the slim athletic look. :wink:

Chicklet
7th-October-2004, 03:23 PM
Miaou!!!! :really:

I'm mentally preparing myself for a hearty rejoinder. :waycool:

Will
7th-October-2004, 03:30 PM
The photographer made Will look so cool ...
Hmmm, not quite sure how to take that :what:

Will
7th-October-2004, 03:43 PM
...by obscuring his face? :whistle:
I definately know how to take this :angry:
FRANK! - Please set his rep to -50. I thankyou

For the record, the 32inch waist trousers fit like a glove. The shirt is just hanging slightly unfortunately which along with the single angle lighting and the shaky hand of the photographer, has created an illusion that does an injustice to my washboard stomach.

(The mear fact that the photo makes Kate appear better looking than me should have alerted you to the fact that something was amiss!)

Graham
7th-October-2004, 03:46 PM
....does an injustice to my washboard stomach.
You mean you can't see all the little corrugated bits? :wink:

Divissima
7th-October-2004, 03:54 PM
Way hey, got my ticket now! :) And bringing a carload and a half along.

Who else is going?

SpinDr.And I was hoping to sell you one of my tickets!! :tears:

Anyone else want tickets - I have a few more to sell and can post them out to you....

Divissima
7th-October-2004, 03:57 PM
...by obscuring his face? :whistle:er... that's my face being obscured :really: :tears:

Will's the one with the beard! :tears: :tears:

spindr
8th-October-2004, 01:17 AM
And I was hoping to sell you one of my tickets!! :tears:

Sorry -- let me know next time you're performing and I'll buy a ticket :)

SpinDr.