PDA

View Full Version : Nantwich on Saturday?

Gojive
7th-September-2004, 08:10 AM
I'm coming up for the workshop with John Sweeney this Saturday (11th), and the evening dance. Are any of you forumites going? :)

Gus
7th-September-2004, 11:33 AM
I'm coming up for the workshop with John Sweeney this Saturday (11th), and the evening dance. Are any of you forumites going? :)

I'm afraid all the Forumites I know in the area will be going to the main event of Saturday ... 350+ dancers, huge hall, excellent DJ ( :wink: ) ... not too far away but as its not Ceroc I wont mention the name :devil: :devil:

Gus
7th-September-2004, 12:43 PM
350+ dancers, huge hall, excellent DJ ( :wink: ) ... not too far away but as its not Ceroc I wont mention the name :devil: :devil:

Ahhh .. sorry ... just to clarify ... its NOT at Northwich!

Danger Mouse
7th-September-2004, 12:57 PM
I'm afraid all the Forumites I know in the area will be going to the main event of Saturday ... 350+ dancers, huge hall, excellent DJ ( :wink: ) ... not too far away but as its not Ceroc I wont mention the name :devil: :devil:

I'll be going to the Freestyle in Nantwich on Saturday evening and bringing a car load with me, sadly I can't make the workshops during the day.

I certainly wouldn’t won't to go to the cheap imitation (none Ceroc) event as described above not only as a matter of principle (hi-jacking this post to advertise another competitive event which I find unethical) but also as in my opinion it can’t possibly be as good as the real thing.

Incidently:-

350+ dancers = bumped and bashed all night.
Hugh Hall = just like Nantwich then.
Excellent DJ = just like Nantwich then.

Gus
7th-September-2004, 01:06 PM
(hi-jacking this post to advertise another competitive event which I find unethical) Sorry .. wasnt trying to hi-jack ... was just having a bit of fun :blush: But as the guantlet is now down might as well join the melee. :devil:

350+ dancers = bumped and bashed all night.
Hugh Hall = just like Nantwich then.
Excellent DJ = just like Nantwich then.COME ON! Natwich is a good venue BUT its not the best .... if it was its crew and main dancers wouldnt chose to dance elsewhere!! The 'other' venue (which isnt mine by the way) has a floor space twice the size of Nantwich. In fact it can accomodate 500! As for excellent DJ, Alex is a good DJ, and in your opinion (and that of the publicity) he may be excellent, but different people have different views.

I certainly wouldn’t won't to go to the cheap imitation (none Ceroc) event as described above Cheap imitation :confused: It was around LONG before Nantwich was about and is regarded as one of the finest venues in the North? If Nantwich is so hot how come they make their nights free and they STILL cant get people to go? I'm sure you have a reasonable, logical answer :whistle:

DianaS
7th-September-2004, 01:09 PM
Definately and Northants girly may come along as well
DavidY are you coming??!!

Gojive
7th-September-2004, 01:27 PM

Excellent!! I'll look forward to meeting you all (and Dangermouse) :waycool:

Danger Mouse
7th-September-2004, 01:30 PM
Sorry .. wasnt trying to hi-jack

You was and don't deny it you naughty man.

The ‘other’ venue (which isn’t mine by the way) has a floor space twice the size of Nantwich. In fact it can accommodate 500!

Size of the dance floor and how many people attend is not the only measure of success. You can have just as good a night at small venues with only a handful of people. For example several months ago I went to Coventry Blitz freestyle (see I do go to Blitz nights as well), nice clean mid-size dance floor but less than 80 people but what a fantastic night I had.

As for excellent DJ, Alex is a good DJ, and in your opinion (and that of the publicity) he may be excellent, but different people have different views.

True, I’ve never had a problem with Alex and he certainly plays the type of music I want to dance too.

If Nantwich is so hot how come they make their nights free and they STILL cant get people to go? I'm sure you have a reasonable, logical answer :whistle:

Every time I go to Nantwich it is always well attended, it’s spacious so you don’t get bumped and bashed, easy and quick to get served at the bar, friendly people, plenty of good dancers to keep me occupied, easy and safe to park what more does one need?

Danger Mouse
7th-September-2004, 01:35 PM

Save a dance for me Diana.

Gus
7th-September-2004, 01:36 PM
Every time I go to Nantwich it is always well attended, it’s spacious so you don’t get bumped and bashed, easy and quick to get served at the bar, friendly people, plenty of good dancers to keep me occupied, easy and safe to park what more does one need?

As I said before .. Nantwich is a good venue ... just that (IMHO) the better dancers and the better music is elsewhere. Personal view. I dont want to end up fighting over this. I apologise ... I was just having a bit of fun and it got a bit heavy. Unfortunately I see red when people slag off other venues when they have no terms of reference. If you want to know where the best venues are in the North West, ask the Nantwich crew where they go to dance ... that may give you a local and different view .

Northants Girly
7th-September-2004, 02:09 PM
Sorry - I can't make Nantwich this weekend :sad:
It's the Nantwich on 9th Oct that I can make :grin:

DianaS
7th-September-2004, 02:28 PM
Sorry - I can't make Nantwich this weekend :sad:
It's the Nantwich on 9th Oct that I can make :grin:
Ofcourse sorry I was mid jobby and just flipping through!

Chicklet
7th-September-2004, 02:36 PM
:eek: :eek:

DianaS
7th-September-2004, 02:48 PM
Save a dance for me Diana.
Will you do your special??? The Roberto lean??
Swoon

Danger Mouse
7th-September-2004, 03:15 PM
Will you do your special??? The Roberto lean??
Swoon

I might :o just for you. But only if you do the Diana wiggle :drool:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-September-2004, 03:43 PM
what ? you have a tablet PC in your bathroom ? oooh luxury :D :D

DianaS
7th-September-2004, 04:03 PM
it's multi-tasking taken to its most extreme
Should have said I'm doing some training and just dipping in and out but that sounds even worse

Gojive
7th-September-2004, 04:44 PM

She's obviously feeling flush!

B*gger! now I've gone and trashed my own thread! :tears: . Well so far, it looks like I'm just gonna strike just two of you off my 'meet list'

DianaS
7th-September-2004, 06:50 PM
She's obviously feeling flush!

B*gger! now I've gone and trashed my own thread! :tears: . Well so far, it looks like I'm just gonna strike just two of you off my 'meet list'
Gojive, we must dance... 'cas we must,..okay?! Nantwich is huge though how will forumites recognise each other. I know DM and he knows me but I don't know you or John, or every one else
**!!>>>LJ

Gojive
7th-September-2004, 07:22 PM
Hey Diana!

Gojive, we must dance... 'cas we must,..okay?!

Agreed!!! (and looking forward to it :cheers: )

Nantwich is huge though how will forumites recognise each other. I know DM and he knows me but I don't know you or John, or every one else

Hmmm, I was thinking about this earlier......are you doing the workshop in the afternoon? :)

DianaS
7th-September-2004, 07:36 PM
Hey Diana!

Agreed!!! (and looking forward to it :cheers: )

Hmmm, I was thinking about this earlier......are you doing the workshop in the afternoon? :)
I didn't know that there was one!
What is it, how much, and where can I book...
BTW will there be room for may mates and will you dance with all of us?? We are really gorgeous :devil:
Me first though!
D

Gojive
7th-September-2004, 07:47 PM
I didn't know that there was one!
What is it, how much, and where can I book...

This is the best link I could find while posting from the bath.... :really:

http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/news-detail.asp?NewsID=369

BTW will there be room for may mates and will you dance with all of us?? We are really gorgeous :devil:
Me first though!
D

Mai oui, mai oui!!!! as they say in Sweden :D

DianaS
7th-September-2004, 07:58 PM
This is the best link I could find while posting from the bath.... :really:

http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/news-detail.asp?NewsID=369

Mai oui, mai oui!!!! as they say in Sweden :D
Thanking you kind sir, It looks as though I've missed the date for registering, but I'll give them a ring :tears:

Well sorted mate! Now if I can't find you what do ya look like?
Male female etc details please

Gojive
7th-September-2004, 08:06 PM
Thanking you kind sir, It looks as though I've missed the date for registering, but I'll give them a ring :tears:

Well sorted mate! Now if I can't find you what do ya look like?
Male female etc details please

Most definitely male!!!

I'm about 5' 10, slim, darkish hair, ugly :wink: , and will probably be wearing (at least at the beginning of the evening) dark/black trousers, black and white shoes, and a white short sleeved shirt. You might recognise me more from my dance style though....very energetic, lots of wide open moves, and moving around a lot, rarely doing drops/seducers.....phew! you now have my life story! :yum: .

DianaS
7th-September-2004, 09:51 PM
Most definitely male!!!

I'm about 5' 10, slim, darkish hair, ugly :wink: , and will probably be wearing (at least at the beginning of the evening) dark/black trousers, black and white shoes, and a white short sleeved shirt. You might recognise me more from my dance style though....very energetic, lots of wide open moves, and moving around a lot, rarely doing drops/seducers.....phew! you now have my life story! :yum: .

WOW!!! you'll be getting lots of invitations from dark strangers Gojive!
I'm the woman who is well bound up in body tape, usually dancing with a dead silly smile, and absolutely loves to fload around not taking any notice of her lead and engaging directly with the music...
But hey I'll make a real exception for U
CU there
D

Gojive
7th-September-2004, 11:47 PM
WOW!!! you'll be getting lots of invitations from dark strangers Gojive!
So long as they are female and breathing, I'll take any dance offer going! :waycool:

I'm the woman who is well bound up in body tape, usually dancing with a dead silly smile, and absolutely loves to fload around not taking any notice of her lead and engaging directly with the music...

Yes, yes Diana, but what are you like on the dance floor? !! :yum: :wink:

But hey I'll make a real exception for U
CU there
D

I can't wait :hug:

DianaS
8th-September-2004, 02:02 PM
So long as they are female and breathing, I'll take any dance offer going! :waycool:

Have just got some very strange looks from colleagues, mustn't giggle at work
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Alex Mitchell
8th-September-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks DM for the comments re music and venue at Nantwich. Nice to know somebody has good tastes :cheers: Would be nice to see you there on Saturday why not come up and see me on the stage. Also the rest of the people on the forum trying to identify themselves could do the same and i could introduce you to the other members. See you all on Saturday for a great night as always (IMO)

DianaS
8th-September-2004, 04:06 PM
Thanks DM for the comments re music and venue at Nantwich. Nice to know somebody has good tastes :cheers: Would be nice to see you there on Saturday why not come up and see me on the stage. Also the rest of the people on the forum trying to identify themselves could do the same and i could introduce you to the other members. See you all on Saturday for a great night as always (IMO)
Hi Alex
Is there room to squeeze one more into the workshop?
D

Alex Mitchell
8th-September-2004, 04:18 PM
Diana I am the DJ at nantwich and don't run the venue. I think there may be only Male places left from the announcment on Tuesday night. If you log onto the cerocnantwich website you will get a contact number for Lai the owner of the club and he will be able to help you. Hope to see you Saturday.

Gojive
8th-September-2004, 04:50 PM

Excellent idea Alex, thanks! :clap:

DianaS
9th-September-2004, 10:11 AM
Theres around six of us coming up now, so we'll bring some balloons and tie them to a chair! Do come up and say hi
BW Di

Danger Mouse
9th-September-2004, 11:41 AM
Theres around six of us coming up now, so we'll bring some balloons and tie them to a chair! Do come up and say hi
BW Di

who are the 6 then Di?

DianaS
9th-September-2004, 12:19 PM
who are the 6 then Di?
Hi DM
Diane (blond hair from Solihul), Steve (the Doctor), Alex (the son), Me, Diane (curly hair ex lodger if she doen't have a date) Sylvano (from Manchester Spice).
Just texted around last night..Couldn't get hold of Jo or Lisa and haven't heard from Sarah but she's back at school now and just moved house so..
who ever else turns up does
Won't be making the workshops though, shame...
CU and Wendy there DM!
D

jivecat
11th-September-2004, 01:50 PM
My feet are itching to dance this evening so I'm still dithering about going to Nantwich. Anyone else from my area going?

Ste
11th-September-2004, 08:57 PM
I am at home and getting all depressed now! :sad: :sad:

jivecat
12th-September-2004, 10:25 AM
I am at home and getting all depressed now! :sad: :sad:

So why didn't you go then?? I went to a charity fire-walking event with some friends instead so my feet are still itching. Now, what's on on Monday....

DianaS
12th-September-2004, 04:50 PM

Hey GoJive you were as good as your word! Diane was so pleased that you'd been introduced she really enjoyed dancing with you
So did I! Steve was so jealous he wanted to dance with you too but was too shy to ask I (he only usually follows with his regulars!) Drop me a PM if you're ever if our area again, it would be nice to meet up again.
David four dances in one week! It must be a record for us. I was so pleased to se you again, it had been ages since we'd danced!
Alex great music mate! :worthy:
Best wishes,
Diana

Alex Mitchell
13th-September-2004, 12:00 PM
Nice to put some faces to the names on Saturday for the forumites that came to Nantwich. Thanks for the comments about the music Diane next time you come to Nantwich we will have to have a dance. Great to meet you to Gojive thanks for the chat. hope to see you both again soon.

Gojive
14th-September-2004, 10:59 AM
Hey GoJive you were as good as your word! Diane was so pleased that you'd been introduced she really enjoyed dancing with you

Awww She's a lovely dancer, and should be introduced to the forum asap! :wink:

So did I! Steve was so jealous he wanted to dance with you too but was too shy to ask I (he only usually follows with his regulars!)

If only he'd taken that brave step, and asked me.......I had my running shoes with me!!! :D

Drop me a PM if you're ever if our area again, it would be nice to meet up again.

I guarantee it Diana! :hug:

From the 'Breathing' thread...

Wish that I'd been there Gojive, but it was full

That's a shame Diana. I got a lot out of that workshop, and will certainly be on the look out for John's in the future :)

We seriously out-did ourselves that night. We did indeed!!. I had a fantastic night :waycool:

I loved the last number, wasn't there a mad scramble for the dance floor?!

LOL! I had promised my partner the last dance, and would have been in deep doggie do's if I hadn't managed it!. I was the throwing women and children out the way, to get over to her! :D . What a way to finish the night... "On Fire!!" :wink:

And thanks Alex for some great music :cheers: (and for some not so great so I could get a breather :wink: ) . Nice to meet you :)