PDA

View Full Version : Clothes

Gadget
5th-September-2004, 10:45 PM
Following on from the "shoes" thread; does anyone have any contacts for tailors or folk that make clothes - esp for competitions/events.

I know a couple, but they only do ladies tailoring - seemingly gents is completley different.

{I know that there was mention of this on another thread, but I couldn't find it.}

Tiggerbabe
5th-September-2004, 10:53 PM
Felix Dancewear do men's clothing Gadget - but there's bound to be someone in Aberdeen that would be able to help. There's also a fab shop in Edinburgh (FC and JB got their Open costumes there) but you'd need to ask Melanie what it's called :blush:

Northants Girly
5th-September-2004, 10:55 PM
Following on from the "shoes" thread; does anyone have any contacts for tailors or folk that make clothes - esp for competitions/events.

I know a couple, but they only do ladies tailoring - seemingly gents is completley different.

{I know that there was mention of this on another thread, but I couldn't find it.}

My reply to a thread a while ago:
Last year, actually at Hove, I bought a beautiful skirt from a lady called Jennie who was having a sale there. She had some lovely clothes and makes them herself. I think she makes things for competition dancers too. She had a big book/album with her full of her past creations - they looked great. She is based down South but has a website: http://www.customclothes.co.uk/
Last time I looked at the website it kept falling over mind you. Might be worth getting in touch as I know she travels around - the last time I saw her was in Blackpool.

Linda

Andy McGregor
5th-September-2004, 11:46 PM
Felix Dancewear do men's clothing Gadget

Felix dancewear don't really do the range of mens clothes we need for dance. I'm in there at least once a month to witness Sue's lunar spending frenzy and Felix seem to have the same tired stock of 6 mens clothing items. My advice is to get to know someone locally who can make you stuff for competitions.

Failing that, PM me with an idea of what you're after and I could probably find it in one of the more off-the-wall guys shops in Brighton.

.. or you could wear womens clothes, there's soooo much more to choose from :devil:

Aleks
6th-September-2004, 09:32 AM
There is a lady dancer in Edinburgh who has recently started a business making/altering clothes, including dancewear/costumes....anyone who wants to know more please PM me. She's recently made me some things and I'm more than happy to recommend her.

dannyboy
6th-September-2004, 11:31 AM
If you hunt round the trendy/punky/funky shops in big cities, esp. London, you'll find loads of dance gear. Usually smaller shops have more unusual gear, colourful/shiny/sparkly etc. :D

filthycute
6th-September-2004, 12:32 PM
Joey D's is in Edinburgh on Broughton Street. Fantastic shop though unfortunately doesn't do custom trousers. As Sheena said, we got the tops we wore in the open from there. Also another couple of things that are yet to be showcased :wink: He's a fab guy and well worth the look :worthy:
His new technique is blasting his clothes with a shotgun for that 'worn' look :sick: :o He'll do pretty much anything for the sake of fashion :D

filthycute x x

Bill
8th-September-2004, 03:32 PM
Joey D's is in Edinburgh on Broughton Street. Fantastic shop though unfortunately doesn't do custom trousers. His new technique is blasting his clothes with a shotgun for that 'worn' look :sick: :o He'll do pretty much anything for the sake of fashion :D

filthycute x x

Passed that a few weeks ago and the clothes look great ....if you look and dance like Melanie and James. :wink: Those of us with a more 'sedate' appearance might look just a little odd wearing some of his 'stuff'.

What's wrong with some nice slacks and a polo shirt from M&S ????? I coul dstand on my shirt and make it look dirty ........ might make me look kinda macho :na:

Dance Demon
8th-September-2004, 04:14 PM
Joey D's is in Edinburgh on Broughton Street. Fantastic shop though unfortunately doesn't do custom trousers. As Sheena said, we got the tops we wore in the open from there. Also another couple of things that are yet to be showcased :wink: He's a fab guy and well worth the look :worthy:
His new technique is blasting his clothes with a shotgun for that 'worn' look :sick: :o He'll do pretty much anything for the sake of fashion :D

filthycute x x

Yep...Joey does some well different stuff. He also does a fab range of retro shoes ...all for £20 a pair. I got a pair of 1940s style two tone basket brogues (brown leather with beige hessian )..and full leather sole. Only problem is all the guys from the rockin' scene know when he gets the new ones in, so you have to be quick..

Gordon J Pownall
8th-September-2004, 04:46 PM
Get down to Camden Market - it is the doggies cojones for clothing of all types and sorts including retro, antique, modern, clubbing etc etc etc.

In fact, I'm sure Sparkles and I could give you a guided tour..... :)

TheTramp
8th-September-2004, 04:55 PM
We (Sparkles and I) went last week. There's a fab shop called 'Underground' that does great stuff... :D

Trampy

Sparkles
8th-September-2004, 05:01 PM
I can't recommend Camden Market enough. There's certainly something there for everyone, and if you look in the right places there are some real bargins too :clap:.
Anyone want a trip there just let me know and I'd be more than happy to give a guided tour :grin:
S. x

Jive Brummie
8th-September-2004, 06:05 PM
Yep...Joey does some well different stuff. He also does a fab range of retro shoes ...all for £20 a pair. I got a pair of 1940s style two tone basket brogues (brown leather with beige hessian )..and full leather sole. Only problem is all the guys from the rockin' scene know when he gets the new ones in, so you have to be quick..

The first time Melanie and I went into Joey D's he was telling us that he started out as a shoe designer. This progressed to him getting an appearance on Richard & Judy 'This Morning' prog'.

Needless to say things have pretty much taken off since then.......

:clap:

Really would recommend this guy. He's genuinely friendly and outgoing and seems to understand a customers........needs :whistle: .

If you like the stuff in the shop but it just doesn't quite do-it for you he'll happily adjust/change it until it does...... Thoroughly top bloke.

James :cheers:

p.s. If joey D is reading this....any chance of any commission :wink: