PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc Championships, May 2003. The cast?

Gojive
4th-September-2004, 11:36 AM
Ok, let's see if I can put some faces to names now.... :)

I've just bought the DVD of the above mentioned competition, and I have no doubt that one or two of you on here are featured at some point :wink: .

So come on out and identify yourselves, and tell me where (event/heat/number) I can find you - if you dare! :yum:

This'll give me a head start for the BFG :waycool:

(Note it's the 2003 competition)

Minnie M
4th-September-2004, 12:04 PM
Is that the one James G. & LilyB won the advance ? If so there's two names you can tick off :really:

Just remembered - that's the year Andy McG did his Pop-pye with Nina's Ollive Oil AND didn't he also do the double trouble with Trampy & RobC in that

Are you going to Southport GJ ? If so, I will introduce you to all those I know :D

RobC
4th-September-2004, 12:16 PM
Let me see, that was the one where they kept everyone queuing outside while the bouncers search bags and confiscated food and drink, even up to a few minutes before the Lucky Dip was supposed to start, so that the organisers had to walk down the queue outside and tell anyone entering the lucky dip to go to the front...... and that was just the beginning of the debacle. :what:

Yes, this was the year McG twisted my arm to return to the Palais after a few year's of boycotte to try and repeat our Double Trouble performance from Blackpool, only Trampy pulled out at the last minute due to injury :sad:

All in all, it just served as a reminder on what a pants venue the Palais is, and why I don't go there anymore.

TheTramp
4th-September-2004, 03:24 PM
Is that the one James G. & LilyB won the advance ? If so there's two names you can tick off :really:

Just remembered - that's the year Andy McG did his Pop-pye with Nina's Ollive Oil AND didn't he also do the double trouble with Trampy & RobC in that

Are you going to Southport GJ ? If so, I will introduce you to all those I know :D
That was mostly at Blackpool Minnie. Andy McG did do Popeye with Nina at Ceroc, but the rest was at Blackpool....

Trampy

Tiggerbabe
4th-September-2004, 03:41 PM
tell me where (event/heat/number) I can find you - if you dare! :yum:

Well, if you know who Peter Phillips is (he's all in black with a bandana on), I was dancing with him in the lucky dip competition. Was in the intermediate competition dancing with Desmond Wong (he dances in London so you might already know him) - not sure which heat we're in though but think we had on white trousers and red/white stripey t-shirts. Was also in the Scottish "Carnival" cabaret and at the wrap out bit am second from the front dancing with Sherwin (Scotland's own Bombay Bad Boy :wink: ).
I've never seen the video yet so I'm not sure I should tell you all this..............too late :whistle: :whistle:

Minnie M
4th-September-2004, 05:46 PM
That was mostly at Blackpool Minnie. Andy McG did do Popeye with Nina at Ceroc, but the rest was at Blackpool....

Trampy

Thanks Trampy - the memory isn't wot is used to be :blush: nor is the spelling :whistle:

Gojive
4th-September-2004, 07:21 PM
There are a few I know already, for example Peter Phillips & Rob C (not neccessarily in that order :wink: ). I'll look out for you on the DVD Sheena :kiss: .

So, who else is gonna reveal themselves?.......there must be more!.....

Mary
4th-September-2004, 07:36 PM
Me and Sheepy were in the intermediate that year, we got to the final and came 3rd. Unfortunately, Tony and I won't be going to the BFG but hope to see you at a southern venue.

Tony was dancing in the intermediate with a tiny oriental girl called Cherie.
M

Ste
4th-September-2004, 07:38 PM
I was in the intermediate final in red and a lucky dip semi final in blue.

I am thinking about going to Southport.

under par
4th-September-2004, 08:31 PM
There are a few I know already, for example Peter Phillips & Rob C (not neccessarily in that order :wink: ). I'll look out for you on the DVD Sheena :kiss: .

So, who else is gonna reveal themselves?.......there must be more!.....

Gojive I was not there unfortunately (or fortunately depending on who you believe)!!!!

So will have to wait untill Southport. :clap:

Missy D
4th-September-2004, 09:21 PM
Ok, let's see if I can put some faces to names now.... :)

I've just bought the DVD of the above mentioned competition, and I have no doubt that one or two of you on here are featured at some point :wink: .

So come on out and identify yourselves, and tell me where (event/heat/number) I can find you - if you dare! :yum:
Wow did your dvd work! I finally got a copy that worked and although i knew alot of the competitors it was hard to make out who was who - even bought a new dvd player as i thought maybe that was the problem. Was yours as "income support" quality as mine?

Anyway i was pink and sparkly in the advanced section and got through to the finals. Actually maybe i was groovy dancer and won the advanced :rofl:

dee
4th-September-2004, 09:32 PM
Anyway i was pink and sparkly in the advanced section and got through to the finals. Actually maybe i was groovy dancer and won the advanced :rofl:
Young lady!!!! you are rude

Tiggerbabe
4th-September-2004, 09:46 PM
Actually maybe i was groovy dancer and won the advanced :rofl:
Groovy dancer won the advanced this year though, the cast we're looking for is 2003 :flower: :grin: :wink:

Emma
4th-September-2004, 09:54 PM
I'm in the intermediate section with Mr Hudson, we're in hippy costumes and Dan wore a very dubious blue hat :nice:

TheTramp
4th-September-2004, 11:25 PM
I was in the beginners (Open) section. Got the the semi-final (as usual). Can't remember what I was wearing.

Was dancing with the gorgeous Laili from Bristol.

Trampy

Gojive
5th-September-2004, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the replies so far, I can see I'm gonna have to watch carefully over the next few nights to pin-point you all! :)

Missy D - I know what you mean, the quality (of the DVD) is very poor sadly! :sad:

Debster
6th-September-2004, 02:57 AM
Groovy dancer won the advanced this year though, the cast we're looking for is 2003 :flower: :grin: :wink:
Ah but his partner in 2004 also won the Advanced in 2003! (How did I get so lucky?!! I'm still spinning from the excitement) ;)
I was dancing with Hillel in 2003 Advanced (and a showcase).
Ah sweet memories...

Divissima
6th-September-2004, 05:54 PM
Good times. Yes, TwK and I are on the video too in the intermediate section - the couple in white with the flashing blue panels (in the final Toby changed into black with a flashing panel).

Andy McGregor
6th-September-2004, 06:21 PM
When you meet me for real my forearms aren't really that big :wink:

Stuart M
6th-September-2004, 08:01 PM
Was also in the Scottish "Carnival" cabaret and at the wrap out bit am second from the front dancing with Sherwin (Scotland's own Bombay Bad Boy :wink: ).

I'm the bloke in that cabaret in the red top.

Mustn't mention the bit where I slip :blush:

Gojive
7th-September-2004, 01:11 AM
Are you going to Southport GJ ? If so, I will introduce you to all those I know

Apologies Lynda, I missed this! :blush: . I can't make Southport I'm afraid, it clashes with my son's *cough * eighteenth birthday party. I knew I should of said "No" on that fateful night, all those years ago! :wink:

I can cross one off the list now though. I briefly met Sheepman at Woking tonight (Mon).

Gojive
7th-September-2004, 01:29 AM
Just remembered - that's the year Andy McG did his Pop-pye with Nina's Ollive Oil
Aha! Got the Popeye bit (although Andy is well disguised in that :wink: ). Is that Nina from N & N fame? :)

Gojive
7th-September-2004, 01:46 AM
Me and Sheepy were in the intermediate that year,

Yep! I've clocked you two Mary/Greg :D .

Gojive
7th-September-2004, 01:53 AM
I was dancing with Hillel in 2003 Advanced (and a showcase).
Ah sweet memories...

I see you Debster! All in white, with long legs and a very short skirt.......I think I need to lie down for a minute or six! :whistle:

Ste
7th-September-2004, 01:13 PM
Watch it Gojive! As far as I am aware the Debster is taken!!! ( Helloo Debster my heroin!!! I mean heroine!!!!)

Gojive
7th-September-2004, 01:28 PM
Watch it Gojive! As far as I am aware the Debster is taken!!! ( Helloo Debster my heroin!!! I mean heroine!!!!)

LOL! No worries....so am I :D

I think I found you on there as well Ste. Were you dancing with a lady called Natasha? :)

Minnie M
8th-September-2004, 02:02 AM
Aha! Got the Popeye bit (although Andy is well disguised in that :wink: ). Is that Nina from N & N fame? :)

:sick: :blush: my spelling is terrible :o

Yes Andy McGregor was Popeye and also in a dress in the double trouble (you must have seen him at Woking or Guildford) and Olive Oil was Nina Daines, Nigel Anderson's dance partner

You must have met Boozy Bird too, she used to come with me to Guildford on a Wednesday

Andy McGregor
8th-September-2004, 05:22 PM
: Nina Daines, Nigel Anderson's dance partner

Nigel is Nina's teaching partner - I think I'm still Nina's most recent competition partner.

The embarassing thing is that coming nowhere (we got to the semis but weren't in the final) with someone like Nina sends you a clear message about your dancing ability :tears:

Ste
9th-September-2004, 12:31 PM
Yes Go Jive! I did dance with Natasha! It was a great day!Very very red!