PDA

View Full Version : Dance Workshop

Gus
18th-October-2002, 01:01 AM
OK ... just a quick note. Following on from the feedback from the thread asking for what workshops people would like to see ..... ÔGorgeous Gus DanceÕ going to run such a workshop in Glasgow.

Three 1 hour workshops over a four hour period. The course will be on Saturday 23rd November, the day of the big evening party, giving course participants a load new moves to impress their friends in the evening!

Each workshop is focused on a particular area to allow dancers to take it all in before memory overload sets in. The three topics are;

Drops and Leans
Club Jive
Up Close and Personal

For further details. mail me on gus@ggus.co.uk or view http://www.ggus.co.uk/glasgow.htm

...or just say HI to me at the Champs :waycool:

DavidB
18th-October-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Gus
view http://www.ggus.co.uk/glasgow.htmError 404: /glasgow.htm. is not found at this location
??????????????????????

Franck
18th-October-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by DavidB
Error 404: /glasgow.htm. is not found at this location
?????????????????????? Now fixed David.

Franck.

Gus
18th-October-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by DavidB
Error 404: /glasgow.htm. is not found at this location
??????????????????????

Thats worrying .. works OK for me but then I loaded the website from this PC so it may be a cached page:confused:

Looks like I'll have to check it from another PC ... should still be accessible from www.ggus.co.uk ... I hope:tears:

Gus
18th-October-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Franck
Now fixed David.

Franck.

Boy you guys are fast ... don'y you sleep ??? I've got an excuse no wife ...... hold on am I missing something here?:rolleyes:

anyway .... Franck ... shouldn't you be getting some sleep before the MAd weekend ... three night's partying ... hope you've had some sleep cause its the last you're going to get for a while.:nice:

Franck
18th-October-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Club Jive
Up Close and Personal
Sounds good Gus, I might be tempted to give the above 2 a go, depending on how busy I am on the day! :really:
Only problem, I might have to find a "fixed partner" for the Up Close and Personal workshop... I'll start looking on Sunday :wink:

Franck.

Franck
18th-October-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Gus
anyway .... Franck ... shouldn't you be getting some sleep before the MAd weekend ... three night's partying ... hope you've had some sleep cause its the last you're going to get for a while.:nice: Well, actually I am chickening out of most of the week-end... I have quite a lot of work to complete on the judging database system before Sunday :what:
It serves me right for taking a holiday :sad:

Still, I am really looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday, and I might even get a dance or 2 :nice:

Franck.

filthycute
18th-October-2002, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Franck
Well, actually I am chickening out of most of the week-end...

What?!?! you mean you won't be there tonight?? and we were all trapsing up from Dundee just to see you :tears:
Ok cancel the cars! :yum:

Still, I am really looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday, and I might even get a dance or 2 :nice:

Franck.

hey you know i'll hunt you down like a dawg till i get a dance :wink:

see ya when i see ya :D

filthycute x x

Sandy
18th-October-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by filthycute

hey you know i'll hunt you down like a dawg till i get a dance :wink:

see ya when i see ya :D

filthycute x x

Right come on now FC! First Bill, now Franck!:reallymad Is there no end to your greed! You must learn to share, really!

Franck - you better start a list or there will be "murder on the dance floor!":devil:

See you all Saturday/Sunday:wink:

Sandy

Sandy
18th-October-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Three 1 hour workshops over a four hour period. The course will be on Saturday 23rd November, the day of the big evening party, giving course participants a load new moves to impress their friends in the evening!

Drops and Leans
Club Jive
Up Close and Personal

For further details. mail me on gus@ggus.co.uk or view http://www.ggus.co.uk/glasgow.htm

...or just say HI to me at the Champs :waycool:

Like the sound of those Gus but just wonder if I would have any energy left for the party, especially after "up close and personal"!:sick:

Anyway see you at the champs and maybe get a little "taster" of some of the moves to help me make up my mind:wink:

Cheers

Sandy

Gus
18th-October-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Sandy
Anyway see you at the champs and maybe get a little "taster" of some of the moves to help me make up my mind:wink: And just how 'Close and Personal' were you intending to get?:yum: :yum: :wink:

Gadget
18th-October-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Gus
OK ... just a quick note. Following on from the feedback from the thread asking for what workshops people would like to see ..... ÔGorgeous Gus DanceÕ going to run such a workshop in Glasgow.

What sort of number limit are you setting on the classes? {Just so I can try to estimate how long before the classes are full - I have to buid up serious brownie points to escape at weekends :sad: }

Gus
18th-October-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
What sort of number limit are you setting on the classes? {Just so I can try to estimate how long before the classes are full - I have to buid up serious brownie points to escape at weekends :sad: } I can sympathise with needing the Weekend pass.

Rough guide below, liable to chance one I've woken properly and had chance to think it through...

Max Class sizes (provisional)
Drops - 10 couples
UCP - 20 couples
Club Jive - 20 couples

I've taught UCP to 60 dancers in NZ but about 1/4 of them were teachers ... and that was really a little on the high side. Would prefer to keep class sizes on the small side, easier to communicate and get feedback.

filthycute
18th-October-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Sandy
Right come on now FC! First Bill, now Franck!:reallymad Is there no end to your greed! You must learn to share, really!
See you all Saturday/Sunday:wink: Hey i'm not greedy! You're on a promise from Gus aren't you?
See i don't want all the men....

Anyways i found out that Gus isn't in fact gorgeous as thought....he's only Damn Good Looking, so he's all yours ....but i've booked the Gorilla...you can't have him! :yum: :wink:

filthycute x x

Gadget
29th-October-2002, 02:05 PM
Anyone know what spaces are left ?
Having managed to bribe my way to attend the party (assuming there are tickets left :)) I want to use the whole day...

However I don't have a partner: anyone care to take a dare with the Drops and Leans & Up Close and Personal workshops ?

Gus
11th-November-2002, 04:38 PM
Not quite as popular as the main Party :D but bookings have been going well.

The UCP workshop is nearly full but bookings can be made for all the classes by email (gus@ggus.co.uk) up till the end of this week. Just email me and I'll email back the booking form.

Just to clarify ... you only need a partner for the UCP workshop (due to the 'intimate' nature of some of the moves:sorry ). All the other classes will involve rotation.

See you all on the 23rd:grin: :grin:

Gus
17th-November-2002, 11:47 AM
Well the Drops and Dips class is now closed to men, just got a few places left for ladies. Howevere, there are still places left on the Club Jive and UCP courses. Bookings can be taken by email up till Wednesday.

Looks like its going to be fun :grin:

Dreadful Scathe
19th-November-2002, 03:45 PM
where is this class anyway ? :)

Tiggerbabe
19th-November-2002, 08:22 PM
Partick Burgh Hall babe!

:kiss:

Dreadful Scathe
20th-November-2002, 12:10 AM
ooh thats right next to my sisters - whos coming round for tea afterwards :)

Gus
20th-November-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
ooh thats right next to my sisters - whos coming round for tea afterwards :)

You have sisters ...... good looking, single, desperate, bad eyesight?????:yum: :yum: :yum: :wink:

Count me in!

Re classes .... should be fun ... me and Helen still arguing (sorry ... proactively discussing) the music ... may have to put some of the tracks to a vote during the workshops ... how's that for customer feedback?
:waycool: