PDA

View Full Version : Busking In Stirling

Dance Demon
2nd-September-2004, 09:39 AM
Just thought I'd mention ...since no-one else has....that there is a busk on in Stirling this Saturday (4th sept)....Meeting place is outside Allan Park South Church (the old venue) at 1pm...then off into town centre for a spot of busking. Anyone that wants to come along will be most welcome. hopefully we can attract along some new dancers to the new venue at Smiths restaurant, Kerse Road, Stirling, on Tuesday nights. kathy is a fab teacher, and i've heard the new DJ ain't too bad either :whistle: :whistle: ........So if you can make it on Saturday, please do come along......... :cheers:

baldrick
4th-September-2004, 09:26 AM
Tell me your planning to do something about the weather :D

TheTramp
4th-September-2004, 11:01 AM
Tell me your planning to do something about the weather :D
Is the weather bad then? It's quite nice busking weather here in Dundee - some blue sky, not too sunny, not too hot.

Trampy

baldrick
4th-September-2004, 03:24 PM
Is the weather bad then? It's quite nice busking weather here in Dundee - some blue sky, not too sunny, not too hot.

Trampy
It was horrible this morning but "Turned out nice again" :D

Dance Demon
4th-September-2004, 04:51 PM
It was horrible this morning but "Turned out nice again" :D

Pity more people didn't turn out though........Only Mrs DD an me,(Edinburgh) Trampy ( Dundee) and I assume the other chap was Baldrick ( Glasgow) turned up........so no busking done in Stirling..:sad: ....pity coz we could have done with attracting some more people along to Stirling.......

Tiggerbabe
4th-September-2004, 05:59 PM
Pity more people didn't turn out though
Sorry John, just couldn't make it today :tears: :tears:

baldrick
4th-September-2004, 06:10 PM
Pity more people didn't turn out though........Only Mrs DD an me,(Edinburgh) Trampy ( Dundee) and I assume the other chap was Baldrick ( Glasgow) turned up........so no busking done in Stirling..:sad: ....pity coz we could have done with attracting some more people along to Stirling.......

Yea that was me. No worries shopping filled the time, shirts for the BFG and now to find the shoes. I'm getting into this dancing thing. :grin:

Aleks
4th-September-2004, 06:42 PM
I turned up with azande....late as usual....and everyone had already gone home!
Never mnd, went to the Edinburgh Mela and had a great time instead.

Dreadful Scathe
4th-September-2004, 07:16 PM
was at a golden wedding anniversary lunch im afraid :(

Tiggerbabe
4th-September-2004, 07:21 PM
was at a golden wedding anniversary lunch im afraid :(
Crikey, how time flies - seems like only months ago that you and Fi got married :wink:

Dance Demon
5th-September-2004, 01:49 AM
I turned up with azande....late as usual....and everyone had already gone home!

We waited outside the church until neary 1.45pm to se if anyone else would turn up, but as Irene was the only lady there, Steve decided it was pointless trying to do the busk, so Irene & me went shopping then went home .

TheTramp
5th-September-2004, 01:53 AM
We waited outside the church until neary 1.45pm to se if anyone else would turn up.
It was actually nearly 2pm John. Was 2pm when we got back to my car.

Ah well. Next time....

Trampy

John S
5th-September-2004, 10:58 PM
I would have been there if I'd known, as was at a loose end - but I didn't read about it until now.

For any future Stirling busk it might be worth having it announced at Perth (I don't think it was announced on Thursday, unless I missed it.)

Dance Demon
6th-September-2004, 12:14 AM
I would have been there if I'd known, as was at a loose end - but I didn't read about it until now.

For any future Stirling busk it might be worth having it announced at Perth (I don't think it was announced on Thursday, unless I missed it.)

As far as I'm led to believe John, it wasn't announced anywhere other than Stirling...:confused: ....and the people who did turn up, came from Edinburgh, Dundee, and Glasgow. I started this thread, because no one else had started one. It seems odd to organise a busk, then not let anyone know it's on. I gave up a day's overtime to attend, because I had committed myself to doing it, to help get the Stirling venue on it's feet. The commitment seems a bit misplaced now.... :(

Dreadful Scathe
6th-September-2004, 09:21 AM
although we were doing something else - we had no idea it was on either :confused:

Aleks
6th-September-2004, 09:29 AM
It was actually nearly 2pm John. Was 2pm when we got back to my car.

Ah well. Next time....

Trampy

Okay, Okay, we were REALLY late! We actually expected there to be lots of regular Stirling dancers there, knackered and ready for a sit-down.....

Shame about your overtime DD.

Dance Demon
6th-September-2004, 10:18 AM
Okay, Okay, we were REALLY late! We actually expected there to be lots of regular Stirling dancers there, knackered and ready for a sit-down.....

Shame about your overtime DD.

Not having a go at you and Azande Aleks....at least you made the effort. :flower: :hug: ... But there were quite a few Stirling dancers that said they were coming and didn't show.
:( .....but it would have helped if it had been announced at other venues...which it would seem didn't happen.. :confused:

Lory
6th-September-2004, 10:42 AM
. I started this thread, because no one else had started one. It seems odd to organise a busk, then not let anyone know it's on. (
This remind me of a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.

Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done :rolleyes: :flower:

Aleks
6th-September-2004, 10:47 AM
Not having a go at you and Azande Aleks....at least you made the effort. :flower: :hug: ... But there were quite a few Stirling dancers that said they were coming and didn't show.
:( .....but it would have helped if it had been announced at other venues...which it would seem didn't happen.. :confused:

I know you weren't. However, a :hug: and :kiss: on Friday would be good!

Petal
6th-September-2004, 10:49 AM
The last time busks were organised for perth or stirling Franck posted in advance on the forum, we then had about 14-16 people turn up for the Perth Busk and had a ball.

I only found out about saturday's busk when the Tramp mentioned it on Thursday at Perth and by then i had other commitments, but if it's organised again soon (before the weather gets worse) I'll be there.

filthycute
6th-September-2004, 10:59 AM
Me and the Jim would have came......i was having a rare Saturday off......but like everyone else, we didn't know a thing about it.

Shame really :(

filthycute x x

Franck
6th-September-2004, 12:46 PM
As far as I'm led to believe John, it wasn't announced anywhere other than Stirling...:confused: ....and the people who did turn up, came from Edinburgh, Dundee, and Glasgow. I started this thread, because no one else had started one. It seems odd to organise a busk, then not let anyone know it's on. I gave up a day's overtime to attend, because I had committed myself to doing it, to help get the Stirling venue on it's feet. The commitment seems a bit misplaced now.... :(Hi DD,

Sorry you and Irene (as well as Baldrick & Trampy) wasted a journey to Stirling, and I apologize for the low turnout. :blush:
The busk was a last minute decision to try and boost the numbers at the new Stirling venue, and was obviously not promoted enough. I know I got carried away by the buzz of the night on Tuesday in Glasgow and forgot to mention it. On Thursday, I was going to mention it, but by then believed that we would already get a dozen people, so didn't want to impose on Dundee / Perth dancers more than necessary (especially as we'll no doubt busk there soon to help launch the new Dundee night (Wednesdays in Jumpin' Jaks Dundee).
With hindsight, I should have known better, and tried to get as many dancers as possible regardless...

baldrick
6th-September-2004, 01:05 PM
Give it another shot Franck. I fancy strutting my stuff in public. There's an extrovert hidden in here somewhere.

skippy
6th-September-2004, 10:11 PM
hi, sorry but this is me just getting around to reading the forum. would have come had it been annouced before hand. Always love a boogie??
keep me in mind for next time.
Skippy