PDA

View Full Version : Same sex 'inappropriate' moves

MartinHarper
30th-August-2004, 07:55 PM
Some moves are slightly inappropriate for ladies to perform with other ladies unless they are a consenting gay couple: The "double handed bounce in, chest lead"

Surely the follower just puts their hands on the shoulders to push back instead of the chest? I've seen that happening in "traditional" couples too, where the follower wants to maintain some additional distance. But yeah, leads have to be careful not to lead wildly inappropriate moves.... sounds like dancing to me. :)

Gadget
30th-August-2004, 10:06 PM
Surely the follower just puts their hands on the shoulders to push back instead of the chest? I've seen that happening in "traditional" couples too, where the follower wants to maintain some additional distance. But yeah, leads have to be careful not to lead wildly inappropriate moves.... sounds like dancing to me. :)
But they don't really get the chance to if they are leading and that's what's taught from stage.
Should variations of "innapropriate" move be taught? Or should the moves be taught with escape routes and controll mechanisims for the lady?

...hmm... shoulders... must try that variation; lots more ways out of that than simple hands on chest thing. :D

Emma
30th-August-2004, 10:35 PM
In the case of the 'in and out hands on chest' move - I've rarely been anywhere where the alternative 'hands on shoulders' bit isn't taught. Hasn't the 'hands on chest' bit now been removed, anyhow?

MartinHarper
30th-August-2004, 11:18 PM
Well how many moves are there that would be inappropriate in an F-F or M-M couple (or M-F with reversed roles), but appropriate in an M-F couple? The only thing I can think of is the breast issue, and the only move I can think of that involves the follow touching the lead's pectorals is that "in-out-in-out-chest" move.

Perhaps jiveoholic needs to add some more searches to his database? :)

Gojive
31st-August-2004, 12:36 AM
Well how many moves are there that would be inappropriate in an F-F or M-M couple (or M-F with reversed roles), but appropriate in an M-F couple? The only thing I can think of is the breast issue, and the only move I can think of that involves the follow touching the lead's pectorals is that "in-out-in-out-chest" move.

Perhaps jiveoholic needs to add some more searches to his database? :)

Yep!- He ought to keep abreast of the situation! :D

Yogi_Bear
31st-August-2004, 08:13 AM
Yep!- He ought to keep abreast of the situation! :DDOH!!!!

Gadget
31st-August-2004, 09:08 AM
I think it is only the "breast issue" that is 'innappropriate'. Although depending on the combined size of the ladies (and perhaps height difference), some close moves may prove a bit embarassing.

There are a few hands on chest moves (I can think on four off the top of my head), but I think they are more embelishments than moves themselves. Mikey I'm sure would be able to give you a l o n g list of moves.

I also think that there are more "Crotch grinding" moves that can be made 'inappropriate' by a standard M-F lead who is bad/sleasy. (Although for some reason, Ladies leading seem to be really good at these moves :what: )

Lisa
31st-August-2004, 09:10 AM
I’ve taught that move on a couple of occasions and on both occasions the corny breast joke came out…… you’re a female lead, you may wanna …. .. put the followers hands on your shoulders.

It is still in the ceroc moves “bible”. I personally don't like that move which is why one of my demos, Neil, loves to catch me out with it to watch me squirm!

Lisa x

RobC
31st-August-2004, 04:24 PM
Should variations of "innapropriate" move be taught? Or should the moves be taught with escape routes and controll mechanisims for the lady?

Any move that could cause even a single follower in the class discomfort (be it from inappropriate contact, closeness or whatever) should always be taught with an escape route. Even something as harmless as a slow comb can be uncomfortable for some followers, so it should always be taught where the follower has the option to push the leader back with their spare hand to break out of the close hold.

MartinHarper
1st-September-2004, 02:31 PM
From another thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1816) (posts 50+):

the boob thing comes into effect when doing moves like the "comb" or other UCP moves and I do have a bit of a problem with these!

Gordon J Pownall
1st-September-2004, 02:35 PM
From another thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1816) (posts 50+):

Moves or boobs.....????? :what: :whistle:

Sparkles
1st-September-2004, 03:34 PM
Some of the best UCP dances I've had have been with other women. As long as everyone consents everything is fine and it can be a great laugh (and good fun to watch too, or so I'm told :wink: ). I can see how some people could feel uncomfortable with particular moves though but I've never been in a class where an easy 'escape' has not been taught - and believe me I've had to use the 'escape route' a lot more times dancing in a more usual M-F dance than I ever have in F-F or F-M dances.
S. x

Lory
1st-September-2004, 03:44 PM
Some of the best UCP dances I've had have been with other women. As long as everyone consents everything is fine and it can be a great laugh ).
:yeah: More please Miss Sparkles! :worthy: :hug:

Sparkles
1st-September-2004, 03:51 PM
:yeah: More please Miss Sparkles! :worthy: :hug:

Any time, Babe, you're an absolute pleasure to dance with :flower:
Looking forward to many dances with all my favourite girlies at the BFG...
... hey maybe we should sell tickets? :D

Sheepman
1st-September-2004, 04:51 PM
... hey maybe we should sell tickets? :DI'm trying to banish all thoughts of glittery latex, but I'll bring my camera anyway :whistle:

Greg