PDA

View Full Version : Poll - Fri 3rd Sept : Ashtons or Hipsters?

Zebra Woman
29th-August-2004, 10:05 PM
My first poll...
Miss Conduct and are having a dilema ....

We had a fantastic night at the last Ashtons freestyle with 3 DJs, :clap: But we also love the Big Fat Freestyles at Hipsters. :clap: Plus we love Chesham of course :clap: .
We hate to have to chose :(
So what are y'all doing?

The results of this poll could help us make a decision.

under par
30th-August-2004, 07:45 AM
My first poll...
Miss Conduct and are having a dilema ....

We had a fantastic night at the last Ashtons freestyle with 3 DJs, :clap: But we also love the Big Fat Freestyles at Hipsters. :clap: Plus we love Chesham of course :clap: .
We hate to have to chose :(
So what are y'all doing?

The results of this poll could help us make a decision.

Never been to Ashtons is it weekly or monthly.

Been to Phat Friday lots which is monthly and excellent... even by pass Victor's weekly Friday night in Hove for the Phat Friday!!!

Victors Fridays definitely a great night too!

I think Mrs Par and I will be Phatting it.. :cheers:

Minnie M
30th-August-2004, 08:37 AM
Very difficult :what:

My dilema :tears:

Hipsters is very hot very crowded BUT some great dancers and great social, easier to get to (from Brighton) and no parking problems - music is good (JB)

Ashtons, not so hot, not so crowed, but really great venue, good dancers and good social - music is varied, but that is good, but as it is getting popular the great dancers might switch - parking could be a problem though :sad:

Chesham (I think) is too far for us Brightonians - not been there so not sure how to get to it also

Decisions, decisions

The poll is a good idea, thanks ZW :cheers: :hug:

bigdjiver
30th-August-2004, 02:46 PM
Hawaian beach theme (http://www.ceroccentral.com/cgi-bin/public/view.cgi?template=layouts/templatehome.tpll)

is where I intend to be.

(always wanting mower)

Northants Girly
30th-August-2004, 03:53 PM
Hawaian beach theme (http://www.ceroccentral.com/cgi-bin/public/view.cgi?template=layouts/templatehome.tpll)

is where I intend to be.

Me too - just putting the finishing touches to my grass skirt :grin:

Gordon J Pownall
31st-August-2004, 10:17 AM
of course you could always join the crowd at Chshunt,

First and Third Friday of each month at The Wolsey Hall, Cheshunt...

It's only ten minutes from the M25 / A10 junction and guess what....

DJ Bunnie will be Djing this Friday (3 September 2004)........

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

What more could you want...?

Brilliant floor, free parking, licensed bar, NO SMOKING VENUE and a brilliant DJ

DJ Bunnie would love to see you, as would I so come along and join us -

8pm until midnight.....

G...x

Minnie M
31st-August-2004, 10:50 AM
:confused: Cheshunt sounds brilliant, even more so now I know Sally is DJing :worthy: :clap: why isn't it on our poll ZW :sad: or was there a typing error :mad:

Rhythm King
31st-August-2004, 11:08 AM
Hundred Per Cent for Hipsters this Friday - it'll be Phat!! Hope to see you for a dance there :clap:

R-K

P.S. Good poll ZW (well, for the English anyway, I'm sure our lovely Scottish webhosting dance partners will be having some parties of their own too :cheers: )

spindr
31st-August-2004, 12:38 PM
Well, I reckon that there could be a good crowd on Friday at Greenham (http://www.gingerjive.co.uk).

SpinDr.

Sal
31st-August-2004, 01:43 PM
Some of the scottish forumites are really enjoying the poll!
I happen to be visiting London on the first weekend of the month - I promise I didn't organise it like that on purpose! :whistle:
Think I have managed to negociate friday night off too! Guess where I am going. (It's not that hard I have voted on the poll!)

Hope to meet some of the london forumites there - I am looking forward to some lovely dances pretty please..... :flower:

Rhythm King
31st-August-2004, 01:55 PM
Hope to meet some of the london forumites there - I am looking forward to some lovely dances pretty please..... :flower:

Ooh me please, me please! :clap: Am willing to act as Forumite Spotter Pursuivant, in the absence of the esteemed and knowledgable Sparkly one.

R-K x

Gordon J Pownall
31st-August-2004, 02:30 PM
:confused: Cheshunt sounds brilliant, even more so now I know Sally is DJing :worthy: :clap:

It should be....a huge variation in music familiar and new as well as covering all tastes.... :clap:

It's gonna be really good - particularly as I know that Sal will be DJing to her home crowd as well. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Whilst she's playing the phatest of tunes, I'll be a dancin', (up until she leaves me a list of tracks so she can pop off to the loo.....and then gets mobbed for a load of dances herself...!!!).

Hopefully we'll see you at CHESHUNT this Friday.......

G...x

Will
31st-August-2004, 05:00 PM
Well, I reckon that there could be a good crowd on Friday at Greenham (http://www.gingerjive.co.uk).

SpinDr.

Yeah, but from what I remember of that crowd, there could be a quite a few lady's over.

spindr
31st-August-2004, 05:49 PM
Yeah, but from what I remember of that crowd, there could be a quite a few lady's over.

See you there then!

Sparkles
1st-September-2004, 12:24 AM
Anyone going to Hipsters, please save a dance for Sal - she's really lookng forward to meeting you all, and I've been telling her how lovely you all are :whistle: :flower:
Have some dances on my behalf, please!
S. x

under par
1st-September-2004, 02:48 AM
Anyone going to Hipsters, please save a dance for Sal - she's really lookng forward to meeting you all, and I've been telling her how lovely you all are :whistle: :flower:
S. x

Will gladly dance with Sal, look forward to meeting her. :hug:

Sparkles are you going too? :what:

under par
1st-September-2004, 02:50 AM
S. x

Sparkles are you going too? :what: Hope to see you if you do.

Sparkles
1st-September-2004, 11:35 AM

Sparkles are you going too? :what: Hope to see you if you do.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to Hipsters this Friday, I'll be in sunny Scotland. :clap:
I know you'll look after Sal for me in my absence though - I shall miss dancing with you, but maybe I can have an extra dance next time to make up for it? Pretty please?? :flower: :hug:

JamesGeary
1st-September-2004, 12:28 PM
Am I blind or is Casbah not on the list?

under par
1st-September-2004, 12:33 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to Hipsters this Friday, I'll be in sunny Scotland. :clap:
I know you'll look after Sal for me in my absence though - I shall miss dancing with you, but maybe I can have an extra dance next time to make up for it? Pretty please?? :flower: :hug:

Certainly Miss Sparkles, it would be my pleasure. :drool:

Rhythm King
1st-September-2004, 12:41 PM

The Casbah is closed this Friday, hence no mention. You don't need to visit the optician just yet :waycool:

Sparkles, you will be sorely missed :tears: :hug: , but I shall have some dances with Sal on your behalf :grin: :clap:

under par
1st-September-2004, 12:43 PM
The Casbah is closed this Friday, hence no mention. You don't need to visit the optician just yet :waycool:

Sparkles, you will be sorely missed :tears: :hug: , but I shall have some dances with Sal on your behalf :grin: :clap:

RK .....just form an orderly queue please behind ........ME! :angry:

SAL would you do me the Honour?? :kiss:

Rhythm King
1st-September-2004, 01:03 PM
RK .....just form an orderly queue please behind ........ME! :angry:

Mutter, mutter, mutter, R-K scuttles his miniscule 6'2" frame out from under the shadow of UP and goes to dance with Mrs UP whilst he waits :wink:

Sal
1st-September-2004, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the intro Sparkles! Such a shame you can't be there too!

Now for any gentlemen after a dance, I will have a dance card and you may form an orderly queue! :blush: Not that I will know what to do with it, I have never had a queue before!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Gordon J Pownall
1st-September-2004, 01:23 PM

Who said that.......

No - not blind - neither is Cheshunt JiveIn with DJ Bunnie this Friday (8pm to midnight / JiveMasters 2003 videos available.....) :whistle:

RobC
1st-September-2004, 01:46 PM
The Casbah is closed this Friday, :waycool:

Ceroc feeling the pinch eh ? Guess all those 'bring this email and get in free' mailouts they've been sending out hasn't helped the numbers then.... :devil:

Banana Man
1st-September-2004, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the intro Sparkles! Such a shame you can't be there too!

Now for any gentlemen after a dance, I will have a dance card and you may form an orderly queue! :blush: Not that I will know what to do with it, I have never had a queue before!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hi Sal, can I get on your dance card please? :flower:

Gordon J Pownall
1st-September-2004, 02:34 PM
Ceroc feeling the pinch eh ? Guess all those 'bring this email and get in free' mailouts they've been sending out hasn't helped the numbers then.... :devil:

Dear CEROC colleague (albeit on the Plus side), :wink: :wink:

Free entry - wow, that sounds like a good idea....

The only pinching going on could well be of a territorial nature though - especially if you believe Gus...... :wink:

bigdjiver
1st-September-2004, 03:14 PM
Who said that.......

No - not blind - neither is Cheshunt JiveIn with DJ Bunnie this Friday (8pm to midnight / JiveMasters 2003 videos available.....) :whistle:
Or the Hawain beach party with Emma teaching and DJ Dave Archer :whistle: :whistle: A shame we cannot attract Zebra woman.

Zebras eat grass, don't they? :devil:

Gordon J Pownall
2nd-September-2004, 07:37 AM
Or the Hawain beach party with Emma teaching and DJ Dave Archer :whistle: :whistle: A shame we cannot attract Zebra woman.

Zebras eat grass, don't they? :devil:

Eat it - should be rolling it up into a little........ooops - wrong chat room..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :what: :whistle:

stewart38
3rd-September-2004, 09:21 AM

Thats closed this week

Its a pitty Hipsters and Ashtons clash. Cheshams always there so that can wait. :sick:
I cant make my mind up I know one person going to Hipsters, no one I know yet going to Ashtons, but Ashtons was very good last time but will it suffer from the competition ?

stewart38
3rd-September-2004, 09:29 AM
Very difficult :what:

My dilema :tears:

Ashtons, not so hot, not so crowed, but really great venue, good dancers and good social - music is varied, but that is good, but as it is getting popular the great dancers might switch - parking could be a problem though :sad:

Decisions, decisions

The poll is a good idea, thanks ZW :cheers: :hug:

There is no problems parking at Ashtons, just park in the big B&Q car park around the back always 100s of spaces. I think its B&Q.?

philsmove
3rd-September-2004, 09:33 AM
If any one is in Bristol Lynn has a do at BAWA tonight

Andy McGregor
3rd-September-2004, 09:41 AM
And, if anyone's staying at the Seaside, come with Sue and me to the King Alfred in Brighton/Hove tonight.

And afterwards we could walk over the road from the car-park and cool off with a dip in the sea: you can't do that at Hipsters or Ashtons :wink:

.. cossie optional :devil:

Minnie M
3rd-September-2004, 09:55 AM
There is no problems parking at Ashtons, just park in the big B&Q car park around the back always 100s of spaces. I think its B&Q.?

woops :blush: sorry - got it mixed up (a senior moment :whistle: ) with the Casbah - I remember now, yes parking is NO problem at Ashtons

Zebra Woman
3rd-September-2004, 10:14 AM
Thank you all for your votes and comments. :clap:

Miss Conduct and I will be at HIPSTERS with you lot, so save us some dances. :cheers: :clap: I was going to be undercover but I want to meet Sal so I think I'll be stripey.

I nearly didn't submit the poll because it's not Scottish and it's to do with Hipsters. But as I was indirectly drawing attention a Ceroc event being set up on an established Hipsters night, I didn't feel too bad. My Dad is Scottish and lives near Melrose so one day I will be dancing in Scotland although he usually makes me do Scottish Country Dancing when we go out :blush: .
I was expecting a pedant to pick up on the fact that a 'dilema' is a choice of two not 3, hmm got away with that.

As Stuart says Chesham is always there..the choice for us was ASHTONS/HIPSTERS.( I only put Chesham on the poll as a tribute to Gordy (always mention you're favourite venue/dj in every posting). QED. Good on you Gordy, :clap: have a fab night yourself. Where was it you were going to be?

Several people have said to me how irritated they are about what has happened here, and as a result they are choosing Hipsters on principle. I'm all for free choice and a free market but going head to head on a great night leaves us punters troubled that we might be missing something or someone.... :tears:

I hope everone has a fabulous night dancing wherever they are. Especially all those lovely people in Scotland and Groovy Dancer on the Island of Samos :drool: :waycool: (How did you do that?) Would that be Greek dancing though :eek:

BTW I don't eat grass rolled up or not, though I may roll in it now and then :blush:

Alison x

Rhythm King
3rd-September-2004, 10:31 AM
Thank you all for your votes and comments. :clap:

Miss Conduct and I will be at HIPSTERS with you lot, so save us some dances. :cheers: :clap: I was going to be undercover but I want to meet Sal so I think I'll be stripey.

Look forward to it ZW! Will point out Sal to you, ask her nicely and she'll dance with you.

See you and Miss C later

R-K x

Rachel
3rd-September-2004, 12:05 PM
Still can't decide between Ashtons & Hipsters!! Marc and I are still arguing about it....

I'm inclined towards Ashtons, cos I've always had a brilliant night there, and because I think Hipsters will be way way too crowded. And they accept admit ones, so it's a cheap night. Not to mention the delicious LatinLover who will be there - reason enough, no?

Marc wants to go to Hipsters, cos of the music and all the other dancers he knows will be there.... Which of course I love, too, but I'm worried about the over-crowding.

I think, as usual, it will come down the driving. Since Saturday, we've been to Bromham, Chigwell, Nottingham, Hipsters, Milton Keyes, and Rugby - I've driven over 800 miles with work as well, and I'm bloody exhausted!

So if Marc's prepared to drive both ways tonight, looks like we'll see you at Hipsters. I'll be sat in a corner with a loooong drink, trying to summon up the energy to dance!
Rachel

BTW - anyone know what's on this Saturday?

stewart38
3rd-September-2004, 12:11 PM
Still can't decide between Ashtons & Hipsters!! Marc and I are still arguing about it....

I'm inclined towards Ashtons, cos I've always had a brilliant night there, and because I think Hipsters will be way way too crowded. And they accept admit ones, so it's a cheap night. Not to mention the delicious LatinLover who will be there - reason enough, no?

BTW - anyone know what's on this Saturday?

Are they likely to clash in the future ? very odd if they should try to go head to head ?

RobC
3rd-September-2004, 02:25 PM
Are they likely to clash in the future ? very odd if they should try to go head to head ?
Well, I suppose Hipsters needs an overflow for people who don't care about the best dancers or music but want a bit more space :devil:

Katie
3rd-September-2004, 02:29 PM
I hope to be at Hipsters tonight if i can find a lift back to Hove!

Kate

spindr
3rd-September-2004, 04:04 PM
I hope to be at Hipsters tonight if i can find a lift back to Hove!

I'm sure you'll be able to get someone to take you home :whistle:

bigdjiver
3rd-September-2004, 04:05 PM
If anybody sees a strange glow in the sky in the direction of Bedford tonight, it will be because I have strolled into the garden with my Hawaiian shirt on. (Hawaii may declare war because I used their name to describe it.)

Having purchased it today I went down with a stomach bug, so cannot go.

Northants Girly
3rd-September-2004, 04:08 PM
Having purchased it today I went down with a stomach bug, so cannot go.

What a shame! Hope u feel better soon x

Linda

under par
3rd-September-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm sure you'll be able to get someone to take you home :whistle:

Katie, as per our chat Mrs Par and I will whisk you back to Hove after the ball.

Carriages at midnight cos I don't have a seatbelt for a pumpkin! :flower: :hug:

Rachel
3rd-September-2004, 04:40 PM
Have agreed with Marc that we'll go to Hipsters tonight on the condition that 1. he drives, and 2, he goes shopping to buy me hairspray and tampax.

Actually, I don't need the tampax, but he said he'd have to get that to distract them from his embarrassment of buying hairspray.

See you all later, then .... And, Mr LAL, save me a dance another time, will you?
R.

latinlover
3rd-September-2004, 04:43 PM
Have agreed with Marc that we'll go to Hipsters tonight on the condition that 1. he drives, and 2, he goes shopping to buy me hairspray and tampax.

Actually, I don't need the tampax, but he said he'd have to get that to distract them from his embarrassment of buying hairspray.

See you all later, then .... And, Mr LAL, save me a dance another time, will you?
R.

are you kidding? you flatterer...I'm almost tempted to come to hipsters! :drool:

Sparkles
3rd-September-2004, 04:52 PM
are you kidding? you flatterer...I'm almost tempted to come to hipsters! :drool:
So go to Hipsters then...

Andreas
3rd-September-2004, 05:55 PM
Anybody from St Albans going to Ealing tonight and can give me a lift? Sorry, new to the country and w/o own transport at this point.

Cheers,
Andreas

stewart38
4th-September-2004, 01:47 AM
I voted for Ashtons but ended up at Hipsters.

Lots of nice dances, didnt get to dance with Zebra women as she said one song was bit fast for a women of her age ? :waycool:

under par
4th-September-2004, 03:21 AM
What a fab night lots of dances with the lovely lady forumites Sparkles,Sylph,
Lory and Zebra Woman to name but a few and of course I was reintroduced to Sal from Scotland whom I last remember meeting in Blackpool :wink:

Thankyou all :kiss: :yeah:

Zebra Woman
4th-September-2004, 11:41 AM
:yeah:
What an excellent night. How brilliant to have room to dance and fab music and it wasn't too hot. I think there were up to 100 people less than normal.

Apparently quite a few people drove down and made their decision on the North Circular :eek: .... I just hope they mirror signal maneuvered first.

Stuart - SORRY :flower: I turned down quite a few men 'cos the music was too fast for me at times and then I ended up forgetting who I needed to go back to. :blush:

Great to meet Sal and Eddie, missed Sparkles tho. :sad:

Thanks for a great night everyone :cheers:

Alison :flower:

Sylph
4th-September-2004, 01:18 PM
What a fab night lots of dances with the lovely lady forumites Sparkles,Sylph,
Lory and Zebra Woman to name but a few and of course I was reintroduced to Sal from Scotland whom I last remember meeting in Blackpool :wink:

Thankyou all :kiss: :yeah:

Thank u kindly Mr UP it was my pleasure but only once last night :tears: we'll have to make up for it next time :innocent:

under par
4th-September-2004, 02:25 PM
Thank u kindly Mr UP it was my pleasure but only once last night :tears: we'll have to make up for it next time :innocent:

you can count me in for 3 next time Sylph (or 4) :kiss: :yeah:

Sal
6th-September-2004, 12:19 PM
What a fantastic night! Had great fun finding out who all the forumites are, and having lovely dances with you all. Thank you to everyone who made me feel very welcome - Mr UP, Eddie, Sparkles, Feelinpink, Zebrawoman, Rhythm king, Rachel and Marc. Couldn't quite believe it when the lights came on, it seemed far too early!
Looking forward to seeing you all again in Southport!

Sal

under par
6th-September-2004, 12:30 PM
What a fantastic night! Had great fun finding out who all the forumites are, and having lovely dances with you all. Thank you to everyone who made me feel very welcome - Mr UP, Eddie, Sparkles, Feelinpink, Zebrawoman, Rhythm king, Rachel and Marc. Couldn't quite believe it when the lights came on, it seemed far too early!

Sal

Sal, at southport they will be using the natural light of dawn to stop the dance ...if you've got the stamina to stay to the end. :whistle:

See you there. :hug:

Sal
6th-September-2004, 12:42 PM
As a young thing I will have the stamina to stay up, it is just whether or not you lot have the stamina to partner me!
By the way, have I apologised enough for not remembering you yet? :blush:

Rachel
6th-September-2004, 01:09 PM

Sal Great to see you at Hipsters, Sal! So glad you and Marc got together for - half? - a dance in the end.

Still, looks like it could be you and Marc as the last ones standing each night at Southport! Oh for your youth!!!
Rachel x

under par
6th-September-2004, 01:57 PM
By the way, have I apologised enough for not remembering you yet? :blush:

How could you forget dancing with someone my height....you must have been worrying about something...............maybe the comp the following day :whistle:
Thanks for the enduring memory of the St Johns Ambulance man dropping the jug of water. :wink: Just couldn't stop laughing :rofl: :rofl:

:hug:

Rhythm King
6th-September-2004, 02:45 PM
Great to see you at Hipsters, Sal! So glad you and Marc got together for - half? - a dance in the end.

And the same with you Rachel! We must try for a full dance next time :wink:
And sorry to ZW too, everytime I came over, you were occupied on the floor. And to the others I missed, never mind there is always next week, and then...

Southport! :grin:

And then...

The BFG! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can you tell I'm getting excited

R-K x

TheTramp
6th-September-2004, 02:59 PM
Still, looks like it could be you and Marc as the last ones standing each night at Southport! Oh for your youth!!!
*cough*

Ummm.....

What's my excuse to be still standing at the end then Rachel?? (Given that I'm about 17 days older than you!) :hug:

Trampy

Rachel
7th-September-2004, 02:35 PM
*cough*

Ummm.....

What's my excuse to be still standing at the end then Rachel?? (Given that I'm about 17 days older than you!) :hug:

Trampy You? Well you're just mad ... dance crazy .... And, though you may be a few days older, I bet your knees aren't half as aged as mine!

Still, I'll keep you company at the end of the night, if you promise to hold me up! (With Sparkles' permission, of course!!)
Rachel