PDA

View Full Version : Crumbs!

Sparkles
29th-August-2004, 02:42 PM
OK, so with everyone bringing biscuits to the BFG I was just wondering...

Sparkles
29th-August-2004, 02:44 PM
(of course, I'd never openly admit to enjoy being covered in chocolate on purpose :blush: )

Lory
29th-August-2004, 04:09 PM
Personally, I like a bit of a 'Melting Moment' :yum: Thin, light and crispy but melts on your tongue! :drool:

I bet there's a few Scottish shortbreads on here! :D

CJ
29th-August-2004, 05:03 PM
I can't believe the forum has plumbed new depths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tears: :tears: :tears:

How can we have a serious poll about biccies without bourbon creams?!?!?!?!?!

The world has gone mad.

Doomed... we're doomed....

philsmove
29th-August-2004, 05:14 PM
I can't believe the forum has plumbed new depths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely

There are only two choices

Milk chocolate Hobnobs or Plain Hobnobs :yum: :na: :yum:

TheTramp
29th-August-2004, 05:45 PM
I don't really do biscuits (though, I have stolen a couple off Sparkles recently). On the other hand, how about Jaffa Cakes. They're in the biscuit section of Tesco's. Even if they are called 'cakes'. That's just false advertising.

I want to be a Jaffa Cake (with my smashing orangey bit) :whistle:

Trampy

Lory
29th-August-2004, 05:58 PM
I want to be a Jaffa
I hear they run a clinic at 'Marie Stopes' that could help you with that wish! :whistle: :rofl:

SteveB
29th-August-2004, 06:04 PM
I have to agree with Trampy here.....what about the jaffas??? Best in class...nothing comes close! Especially the ones with chocolate all over! :yum:

Dance Demon
29th-August-2004, 07:28 PM
i've always been a bit of a custard cream man myself, though I am also partial to an Abernethy. On the chocolate types,, a chunky Kit Kat or a caramel Rocky does the trick... :drool:

More tea vicar... :nice:

Dreadful Scathe
29th-August-2004, 07:35 PM
but a jaffa cake is a CAKE not a biscuit :) Go and start your own cake poll :)

http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Answered/Question34693-5.asp?Page=1

Emma
29th-August-2004, 07:35 PM
I want to be a Jaffa Cake (with my smashing orangey bit) TMI!! :what: ;)

Lynn
29th-August-2004, 08:04 PM
I don't really do biscuits...On the other hand, how about Jaffa Cakes.
:yeah: My fav! But how to open a packet and not eat them all at once?! :really:

baldrick
29th-August-2004, 08:05 PM
Eek. late again.
Milk chocolate hobknobs for me.

Tiggerbabe
29th-August-2004, 08:36 PM
My fav! But how to open a packet and not eat them all at once?! :really:
Invite the Gaylord over for a cup of tea - no chance of you eating them all yourself :wink: :whistle: :whistle:

drathzel
29th-August-2004, 08:40 PM
Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts Ginger nuts
:yeah:

although i saw someone put jaffas...mmm..didn't think about them.....

drathzel
29th-August-2004, 08:41 PM
i've always been a bit of a custard cream man myself, though I am also partial to an Abernethy. On the chocolate types,, a chunky Kit Kat or a caramel Rocky does the trick... :drool:

More tea vicar... :nice:

what is an abernethy? says the N.Irish girl relatively new to scotland :confused:

drathzel
29th-August-2004, 08:44 PM
OK, so with everyone bringing biscuits to the BFG I was just wondering...

when we bring the biscuits where do we leave them? We dont want the biscuit snatchers getting hold of them......................................... Danielle holds her ginger nuts close to her chest

Emma
29th-August-2004, 08:46 PM
what is an abernethy?It's a biscuit......... ... .... . . . . . . . . :cool:

Tiggerbabe
29th-August-2004, 08:48 PM
what is an abernethy? :confused:
Tith, tith, tith :whistle:

Emma
29th-August-2004, 08:49 PM
..she has caraway seeds in her teeth......*shrugs*

drathzel
29th-August-2004, 08:50 PM
It's a biscuit......... ... .... . . . . . . . . :cool:

i got that....what type of biscuit?

Emma
29th-August-2004, 08:52 PM
i got that....what type of biscuit?The kind Dr Abernethy liked, duh ;) :)

drathzel
29th-August-2004, 08:53 PM
The kind Dr Abernethy liked, duh ;) :)

ok... who was dr abernethy?...............except a spanish teacher and house master at my school in N.ireland..... and why did he like the biscuit? do they have chocolate on/in them :confused: ?

SteveB
29th-August-2004, 09:07 PM
I'll share my Jaffa's with anyone - so long as they bring some orange smarties! :)

drathzel
29th-August-2004, 09:13 PM
I'll share my Jaffa's with anyone - so long as they bring some orange smarties! :)

I love the orange smarties..they are so much nicer!! :drool:

Emma
29th-August-2004, 09:14 PM
Dr John Abernethy was a 19th century physician and early exponant of physical activity and diet as an aid to personal wellbeing. He was a keen dancer and believed that eating regular small snacks was the perfect way to get through an evening's high energy activity. Sadly, his housemaid Sarah was less than creative in the kitchen and kept producing small hard salty crackers, which would have been fine were there any roquefort around but he was in Scotland and sadly the import taxes were prohibitive. After several months of sleepless consideration he decided that he would go against all masculine conditioning and suggest to the hapless Sarah that a bit of sugar and flavouring wouldn't go amiss in her dry biscuits...and as it was late in the season the only available flavourings were some caraway seeds that his wife had left over from a misguided pot pourri (sp?!) project which had resulted in their dog being treated for severe flatulence.

Anyway, I digress. Dr Abernethy suggested that Sarah might consider adding some sugar and caraway seeds to her previously un-chewable biscuit recipe and the rest is biscuit history.

I'm shocked that the above information wasn't passed to you upon entering Scotland. Didn't you meet the leafletters at Carlisle service station??

Ed: Some of the above may be subject to wilful mendacity. The Ceroc Scotland Forum takes no responsibility for wool strands in the eyes. Or caraway seeds.

drathzel
29th-August-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm shocked that the above information wasn't passed to you upon entering Scotland. Didn't you meet the leafletters at Carlisle service station??

Ed: Some of the above may be subject to wilful mendacity. The Ceroc Scotland Forum takes no responsibility for wool strands in the eyes. Or caraway seeds.

I am from N.Ireland i came by boat to stranraer.

Emma
29th-August-2004, 09:21 PM
That explains it then :)

drathzel
29th-August-2004, 09:27 PM
That explains it then :)

yup and since most of us cant read or right there is no point in leaflets!! (hehe only joking... dont want to insult and fellow country men)

Dreadful Scathe
29th-August-2004, 09:41 PM
yup and since most of us cant read or right

aha but can you read or wrong to make up for it ? :)

drathzel
29th-August-2004, 10:04 PM
aha but can you read or wrong to make up for it ? :)

Nope, not at all!!! :yum:

Dance Demon
29th-August-2004, 11:11 PM
i got that....what type of biscuit?

pay no attention to the ramblings of the demented DJ woman from Charlton.....
an abernethy is a very buttery tasting shortbread type biscuit, made by a company called Simmers in their small factory on Peffermill Road, Edinburgh.
they come in a red packet, not unlike Mcvities digestives. They are very moreish, and are wonderful for dunking in your tea...........pah..caraway seeds indeed
:na:

Emma
29th-August-2004, 11:15 PM
demented..who said I was demented...pass the cheese, Cuthbert - I feel another of my turns coming on...

(I googled it and everything, there is *much* mention of caraway)

TheTramp
30th-August-2004, 01:19 AM
You're mad Emma. And you were MIA tonight!! :tears:

Trampy

Sparkles
30th-August-2004, 01:48 AM
Just to bring everyone back on topic {cough, cough}...

the idea was to say what sort of biscuit you see yourself as - not which is your favourite to eat :whistle:
Still, I guess, as with everything, it's always open to interpretation.

Oh, and just for the record, jaffa cakes are *cakes*, not biscuits :yum:

S. x

CJ
30th-August-2004, 01:56 AM
Just to bring everyone back on topic {cough, cough}...

the idea was to say what sort of biscuit you see yourself as - not which is your favourite to eat :whistle:
Still, I guess, as with everything, it's always open to interpretation.

S. x

I know:

How about:

next time I want to rant about a thread, I read the bloody thing properly first?!?!?!?!!?

:blush: Sorry, Sparkles...

Sparkles
30th-August-2004, 02:00 AM
Awww, no need to apologise :flower:
I like bourbon creams too :yum:.
S. xx

drathzel
30th-August-2004, 08:42 AM
pay no attention to the ramblings of the demented DJ woman from Charlton.....
:na:

She had me believing her as well! Thank you :)

TheTramp
30th-August-2004, 10:23 AM
Oh?? So, why are they in the biscuit section at supermarkets then? And not the cake section?? Answer me that!!

I still want to be a jaffa cake with my smashing orangey bit! :rolleyes:

Trampy

Sparkles
30th-August-2004, 10:37 AM
Oh?? So, why are they in the biscuit section at supermarkets then? And not the cake section?? Answer me that!!

You've seen the people they employ in supermarkets, right?!
(this is in no way intended to be offensive to anyone on the forum)
Would you trust them to be able to tell the difference between a cake and a biscuit? No, I thought not :whistle:
(OK, people who work in supermarkets, don't hit me, I just want to prove Trampy wrong)

Emma
30th-August-2004, 10:51 AM
Oh?? So, why are they in the biscuit section at supermarkets then? And not the cake section?? Answer me that!!It's a plot *nods knowingly*

drathzel
30th-August-2004, 06:44 PM
You've seen the people they employ in supermarkets, right?!
(this is in no way intended to be offensive to anyone on the forum)
Would you trust them to be able to tell the difference between a cake and a biscuit? No, I thought not :whistle:
(OK, people who work in supermarkets, don't hit me, I just want to prove Trampy wrong)

in Some supermarkets the cakes and the biscuits are in the same aisle!!! Not that i have ever worked in one but when you love your food as much as i do you tend to spend a lot of time in them!!! :drool:

TheTramp
30th-August-2004, 09:34 PM
It'll never happen. Abandon your hope here!! :whistle: :flower: :innocent:

Trampy

Gadget
30th-August-2004, 10:09 PM
well, I hate to be a pedant :whistle: but they are called jaffa cakes. I think there may be a bit of a clue in the name.

baldrick
30th-August-2004, 11:24 PM

S. x

I'm sure I heard somewhere its a tax dodge. Biscuits and cakes are, or were, taxed differently. :confused: Anybody know/care?

Gojive
31st-August-2004, 12:38 AM
I'm sure I heard somewhere its a tax dodge. Biscuits and cakes are, or were, taxed differently. :confused: Anybody know/care?

Ugh - they're just Government 'spongers'!! :yum: :really: :wink:

drathzel
31st-August-2004, 10:17 AM
Ugh - they're just Government 'spongers'!! :yum: :really: :wink:

I'm going to jump in now and stick up for the yummy yummy jaffa cakes.....wait......nah can't be bothered!!! :sick:

Bonniegal
31st-August-2004, 02:10 PM
Why is everyone a Chocolate Digestive? anyway, Hello to everyone since I am a new member!!!!! Very happy to be here.
:grin:

drathzel
31st-August-2004, 02:13 PM
Why is everyone a Chocolate Digestive? anyway, Hello to everyone since I am a new member!!!!! Very happy to be here.

I'm not...I'm a ginger nut... and trampy is a jaffa cake with his smashing orange bit!! ( sorry if i miss quoted you there Trampy)

So Bonnie...i take it with that name you are a scot!! Where do you dance?

baldrick
31st-August-2004, 02:22 PM

Welcome Bonniegal,

'Cause I'm a milk chocolate hobnob!

Welcome to the strange world of the forum. Its funny what ends up being important. :D

Bonniegal
31st-August-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi, I am not a Scot but wish I were!
I lived in Glasgow for 8 years and then moved back to Italy. I was in Glasgow for the whole month of August and up to last Tues, I was at Jumping Jaks. Great place, I just love it!
Where do you dance? :grin:

drathzel
31st-August-2004, 02:25 PM
Welcome Bonniegal,

'Cause I'm a milk chocolate hobnob!

Welcome to the strange world of the forum. Its funny what ends up being important. :D

Are you disputing what biscuit to bring to the BFG isn't important?

Well.....hmm... i might just have to kick your butt!!! Drathzel runs up to kick Baldrickss ass and trips over her lace!!! Oh dear... maybe later!!

baldrick
31st-August-2004, 02:25 PM
I lived in Glasgow for 8 years and then moved back to Italy. I was in Glasgow for the whole month of August and up to last Tues, I was at Jumping Jaks. Great place, I just love it!

JJ's, see you tonight? :yum:

drathzel
31st-August-2004, 02:27 PM

I'm a jj girl too... are you going to be there tonight!! say hi!! I'm the strange northern irish lass who can't dance!!!

Dreadful Scathe
31st-August-2004, 11:10 PM
JJ's, see you tonight? :yum:
i doubt shes going to commute from Italy :)

drathzel
31st-August-2004, 11:23 PM
i doubt shes going to commute from Italy :)

italy?

where u get that from?
:confused:

Tiggerbabe
31st-August-2004, 11:50 PM
italy?

where u get that from?
:confused:
Well there was this
I lived in Glasgow for 8 years and then moved back to Italy
If you look at the information underneath your avatar you'll see it gives your location - also if you click on the poster's name you have the option to "view profile" - if you click on this you'll see any details/biography etc that the person has included about themselves. :D

Gojive
1st-September-2004, 01:12 AM
Danielle holds her ginger nuts close to her chest

Is it just me, or does this conjur up a few images?..... :wink: :whistle:

under par
1st-September-2004, 03:06 AM

I still want to be a jaffa cake with my smashing orangey bit! :rolleyes:

Trampy

Most supermarkets locally have the jaffa cakes in the cake aisle and the slightly different variety jaffa cake biscuits/slices (separately wrapped rectangular shaped ones as oposed to the cartons of stacked disc shaped ones) in the biscuit aisle.

I've been running a tea club for 5 years at work and have to make a separate trip from the biscuit aisle kitkats and penguins to the cake aisle to collect jaffa cakes at the local tescos asda and sainsburys.

CJ
1st-September-2004, 04:10 AM

I'm trying to decide if HE is pre-op or if she is post-op... :eek:

:whistle: :blush:

drathzel
1st-September-2004, 08:19 AM
ok DS... sorry got confussed!

drathzel
1st-September-2004, 08:20 AM

Excuse me that statment was completely innocent...just like me :devil:

Lory
1st-September-2004, 09:20 AM
I've been running a tea club for 5 years at work and have to make a separate trip from the biscuit aisle kitkats and penguins to the cake aisle to collect jaffa cakes at the local tescos asda and sainsburys.
:eek:
The mere mention of the name Underpar used to instantly conjure up an image, of a dashing 6'8" man in uniform, strong and fearless and ready to defend any damsel in distress, 'A hole in one' and all round dancing hero......

Paul, what have you done? :really: :what: :tears:

:flower: :hug:

Sparkles
1st-September-2004, 11:30 AM
The mere mention of the name Underpar used to instantly conjure up an image, of a dashing 6'8" man in uniform, strong and fearless and ready to defend any damsel in distress, 'A hole in one' and all round dancing hero......

It still does for me, but now he's got biscuits too - what could be better? :grin:

Rhythm King
1st-September-2004, 12:35 PM
Well far be it from me to get back to what this thread is about, but in order to answer Sparkles' original question, I 've had to give a lot of thought to the subject (along with some field testing - there goes the diet :blush: ). I was originally thinking along the lines of Oreos, simply because these are my favourite biscuit - ok, so to our American cousins, they're cookies. I'm still bringing some to the BFG.
I have come to the conclusion however, that I must be a Wagon Wheel.
I'm larger than most, and am individual. I'm told I have a nice exterior (the chocolate) with a hard, resilient layer underneath (the biscuit). Finally to those who penetrate this succesfully, there is the soft centre. :wink: Oh, and to those who remember the old Wagon Wheels, I'm not as large as I used to be either :rofl:

R-K

drathzel
1st-September-2004, 01:29 PM
Well..... I'd have to be an mini cookie.....cuz i'm so short with a little bit of chocholate and i always want you leaving more!!! Ha ha doesn't sound like me :D

Dance Demon
1st-September-2004, 05:12 PM
and i always want you leaving more!!! Ha ha doesn't sound like me :D

Or even leave you wanting more.......
:)

latinlover
1st-September-2004, 05:15 PM
.....Oh, and to those who remember the old Wagon Wheels, I'm not as large as I used to be either :rofl: R-K

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
have some rep for that!

Emma
1st-September-2004, 05:40 PM
It still does for me, but now he's got biscuits too - what could be better? :grin:Good point, well made :grin..UP,were you at Twyford?

drathzel
1st-September-2004, 05:55 PM
Or even leave you wanting more.......
:)

Thank you.... :rolleyes:

Dance Demon
1st-September-2004, 07:05 PM
Thank you.... :rolleyes:

you're welcome.....
:flower:

Gadget
1st-September-2004, 10:17 PM
Do you still get "happy faces"? what about Animal Shapes? Do Migit Gems count as a biscuit? Then of coures you've got 'crunch creams', Viscounts, Penguins, shorbread, Club, ... I can't decide :tears:

I know - I'm a selection tin :D; something in there for everybody, with special chocolate biscuits, the occasional soft filling, some that leave crumbs long after they are finished. Good for sharing with lots of people, and if you have one out the box; you know that you can always return for another one - possably slightly different this time.

(...and the kids use me as a drum when I'm finished :what: )

skippy
1st-September-2004, 10:18 PM
What about "JAMMIE DODGERS" :worthy:
Simply the best and nibbling around the edge and saving the jammie bit till the end!!
All that talk about biscuits I've now got to go and get some!! :rofl:

drathzel
2nd-September-2004, 08:38 AM
What about "JAMMIE DODGERS" :worthy:
Simply the best and nibbling around the edge and saving the jammie bit till the end!!
All that talk about biscuits I've now got to go and get some!! :rofl:

i used to lick the jammy bit from the heart centre!!! mmm.... spot the wierdo!!!

<------ :blush:

TheTramp
2nd-September-2004, 09:20 AM
ask me... i dare you....you'll regret it cuz i love my job!!!
Go on then. What do you do for a living??

Trampy

drathzel
2nd-September-2004, 05:20 PM
Go on then. What do you do for a living??

Trampy

I am an office manager for a construction and property development company. I also handle the accounts and all tax and vat. I really enjoy my job because i only have one person to answer to and people have to answer to me. I also get to kick butt!! when things aren't doing what they are supposed to!!!

TheTramp
3rd-September-2004, 02:29 AM
I am an office manager for a construction and property development company. I also handle the accounts and all tax and vat. I really enjoy my job because i only have one person to answer to and people have to answer to me. I also get to kick butt!! when things aren't doing what they are supposed to!!!
You're scary!!!

Anyhow, why didn't you come up to Perth tonight with Baldrick?? Friendliest venue around, and some fantastic dancers...

Trampy

drathzel
3rd-September-2004, 08:24 AM
You're scary!!!

Anyhow, why didn't you come up to Perth tonight with Baldrick?? Friendliest venue around, and some fantastic dancers...

Trampy

I'm going away for the weekend so i needed to pack... plus he didn't invite me :tears:

TheTramp
3rd-September-2004, 08:59 AM
I'm going away for the weekend so i needed to pack... plus he didn't invite me :tears:
What a big meanie he is eh!!

Enjoy your weekend though....

Trampy

baldrick
3rd-September-2004, 09:54 AM
Trampy

Not deliberatly
:(

drathzel
3rd-September-2004, 04:51 PM