PDA

View Full Version : Jive aces - Aberdeen forum!

SteveB
29th-August-2004, 04:31 AM
Hi! Just got in after a brilliant night at Aberdeen (again)! Jive aces were fab, anyone who has a chance to go and see them should. They played an excellent variety with some nice slow bluesy stuff too - so it wasnt all fast as i was led to believe - good. There were some fantastic dancers there and thankyou to all that i danced with - what great fun we had! Thankyou to Sheena - my wonderful, crackin, pretty partner :wink: , Lisa (FAB! AGAIN!!!), Karen and Yvonne to name but a few! Also thankyou to Franck :worthy: for making my night even more enjoyable - we had a scream mate didnt we!.....See ya all soon i hope......GL...x :cheers:

Vonney
30th-August-2004, 03:58 PM
Thank you for my dance. Jive Aces were fab once again & good to see so many familiar faces at the Forum. Only sorry that I had been working until 9.30p.m. & so was too tired to dance well. (Thats my excuse & i'm sticking to it!).

Yvonne :nice:

Gadget
30th-August-2004, 04:59 PM
Meant to add this to my previous post:
Franck's "warmup" lesson {inc. comb} and flyers did have a positive effect: I know of at least two people who are going to come along and give it a try now (and another who would if she didn't have her priorities mixed up - wants to pay off her Kitchen, save for a holiday and eat. :what: obviously not addicted yet.)

:D I wonder how many fresh faces we will see this week?

{and thank you to all the ladies I danced with. :waycool:}

Kay
31st-August-2004, 08:07 AM
Yes, I agree - the Jive Aces were great. Thanks to the guys who danced with me. It's a pity that their next visit coincides with the Beach Ballroom :tears: as there is no contest - BB will win!
Kay.

Gadget
31st-August-2004, 08:47 AM
The doors don't open untill 10pm for the Jive Aces; the BB starts at 8pm (or before presumably); perhaps Franck could give them a free invite: they all dance as well.

Lisa
31st-August-2004, 09:15 AM
Sat night at the Jive Aces was great. Had some cracking dances.. GL, DaveH, Neil, Franck (one most excellently intrepreted fast 'un), Karen to name a few!

Sheena looked fab in her charleston dress... I liked the way it kept attaching her to her dance partners! :grin: Need to get one of those dresses!

Think Gadget's right.. should hopefully be lots of newbies tonight!

Lisa x

Tiggerbabe
31st-August-2004, 06:06 PM
I liked the way it kept attaching her to her dance partners! :grin:
:rofl: :rofl: yeah - just had to get some partners with no buttons :D

Had a fantastic night too, the Jive Aces were brill - lots of crackin' dances with the GL, Franck, Dave H, Gadget and Karen (to name but a few) - and a great couple of dances with the Rock and Roll Guy - don't know his name (he seemed to be the strong silent type :wink: ) but great fun and fab outfit!!!!!

Hope the band can change the date of the next gig so that they don't clash with the Beach Ballroom - as Kay says, no contest :drool:

Heather
2nd-September-2004, 12:36 PM
:sick: Just spotted this thread!! Seems like I missed a great night. :sick:
I knew that the Jive Aces were performing on the Friday in Edinburgh, but unfortunately, couldn't get a babysitter. Had I known about the Saturday gig, I could have gone!!
Lisa,could you keep me informed about any future events?
Ta!!!!
:hug:
Heather,
XX

Lisa
2nd-September-2004, 01:33 PM
Hiya Hon!
I'm so sorry you missed it. :sad: It would have been great to catch up with you. It's a long way off but there's a Vegas night on the 30th October. :clap: It does clash with the Edinburgh monthly party which I'd also like to go to. My work load will be the deciding factor. I'll definitely keep you posted though. and we'll sort out the rest.
:hug: :hug:
Lisa xx