PDA

View Full Version : Bromley

Emma
26th-August-2004, 10:15 AM
Anyone going to Bromley tonight (no, not you Andy ;) )? I'm DJing!!

Bigger Andy
27th-August-2004, 12:38 PM
no, not you Andy ;)

Why not me, Emma ?

Andy McGregor
27th-August-2004, 01:26 PM
She means me :tears:

I'm still waiting for Bromley/Ceroc Kent to change it's smoking policy :sick:

Gordon J Pownall
27th-August-2004, 03:56 PM
She means me :tears:

I'm still waiting for Bromley/Ceroc Kent to change it's smoking policy :sick:

From next week Maidstone is no smoking and as far as I know, smoking is only permitted outside of the venue...??? :whistle:

Andy McGregor
30th-August-2004, 07:43 PM
From next week Maidstone is no smoking and as far as I know, smoking is only permitted outside of the venue...??? :whistle:

And the change in Ceroc Kent's smoking policy is ...? :confused:

.. for people joining the debate at this point, Ceroc Kent seems to me to allow smoking inside all it's venues - unless the venue ban it.

But I could be wrong, I have been before :wink:.

Gordon J Pownall
31st-August-2004, 10:08 AM
And the change in Ceroc Kent's smoking policy is ...? :confused:

.. for people joining the debate at this point, Ceroc Kent seems to me to allow smoking inside all it's venues - unless the venue ban it.

But I could be wrong, I have been before :wink:.

Sal and I are at Bromley regularly and all smokers tend to go outside - Andy, email Virginia and ask..........please.........!
:whistle:

Andy McGregor
31st-August-2004, 10:25 AM
- Andy, email Virginia and ask..........please.........!
:whistle:

I did, here is the reply I received on the 22nd September last year.

Dear Andy

Thank you for your informative comments and feedback regarding smoking.

We will indeed be giving the matter our full consideration.

In the meantime, we would remind you that 3 of our venues are already 'Non Smoking':

1. The Stag Theatre, Sevenoaks - Wednesdays. A well ventilated 'Art Deco' style venue

2. The Park Langley Club, Wickham Way, Beckenham - Fridays. A brand new Sports Centre, complete with air conditioning and balcony.

3. The Dance Studio, Birchwood Golf Club, Wilmington - our Sunday Workshop Venue.

Yours sincerely,

Virginia Woolf

I called the 3 venues listed. The venue owners/operators had a no-smoking policy so it seems Ceroc Kent has a no smoking rule where she has no choice.

Thinking about Bromley, if everyone already goes outside to smoke it should be very easy for Ceroc Kent to change their policy as it shouldn't make any difference to anyone - so when will that change of policy happen?

Please remember, the objective is to get our dance floors smoke-free: it is not a witch hunt for smokers or smoking organisers.

Emma
31st-August-2004, 10:30 AM
I might have known that despite my best efforts this thread would get hijacked :tears: :tears: :(

Andy McGregor
31st-August-2004, 10:55 AM
I might have known that despite my best efforts this thread would get hijacked :tears: :tears: :(

Sorry Emma :blush:

Just to get back on thread. Those times I've been to Bromley it was a great night. The venue is large with a good floor, the people are friendly, there's a bar and the music is fab - obviously :clap:

So, to repeat Emma's question, who's going?

Are we back on thread now? :wink: