PDA

View Full Version : Whaddya want?

Dreadful Scathe
20th-August-2004, 03:24 PM
one thousand and eighteen members, 1018. Wheres the posts ? OI silent lurkers of the forum..whaddya staring at?...you wanna picture?..post something NOW, right away this instant, and not just as an inane reply to this stupid thread...do your own. We want good clean, friendly and funny new threads - even though thats a departure from normal!!! It's far too quiet in here for that number of people, whatssa matter...alergic to typing?!?

Speaking of allergies, do dogs make anyone else sneeze or is it just me ?
Also, I was wondering...I'm thinking of getting a monicle like Patrick Moore, is it fashionable ?

:sick:

Pammy
20th-August-2004, 03:27 PM
Monicles?

Both Boomer and ChrisA have them, and they look dashing in theirs! :yum:

Flash
20th-August-2004, 03:54 PM
Hi DS,

Will the monicle be for the winking eye or the other one?

Dreadful Scathe
20th-August-2004, 03:57 PM
Hi DS,

Will the monicle be for the winking eye or the other one?
its for the winking eye - im slightly short sighted :)

Dance Demon
20th-August-2004, 04:07 PM

I had heard a story that too much winking makes you short sighted.......
:wink:

Do I get nominated for worst speller now.. :D

Flash
20th-August-2004, 04:09 PM
And will you be wearing it at the BFG? Otherwise I'm not sure how I would be able to spot you :rolleyes:

Flash
20th-August-2004, 04:16 PM
I had heard a story that too much winking makes you short sighted.......

Do I get nominated for worst speller now.. :D
:eek: :rofl: :rofl:
I reckon you should DD.
PM to Franck........

Hevmac
20th-August-2004, 04:20 PM
some of us are just plain shy ds!! :blush:
Xx :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
20th-August-2004, 04:26 PM
some of us are just plain shy ds!! :blush:
aww but you're lovely...but you're pretty shy in real life too :)

Sparkles
20th-August-2004, 05:03 PM
And will you be wearing it at the BFG? Otherwise I'm not sure how I would be able to spot you :rolleyes:

He's the little blue one in the white hat dancing with the Klingons...
you can't really fail to spot him :wink:

Sheepman
20th-August-2004, 05:06 PM
some of us are just plain shy ds!! Yes DS, don't scare 'em off. There are several names that frequently pop up (when I remember to use the Buddy list), then they disappear without a word said. Are we really that scary?

I'd say how about a brainstorming thread to think up ideas for new threads, but that's what the whole forum is AFAICT.

Greg

Sparkles
20th-August-2004, 05:13 PM
Yes DS, don't scare 'em off. There are several names that frequently pop up (when I remember to use the Buddy list), then they disappear without a word said. Are we really that scary?

How can anyone be scared of a blue man in a silly hat or a cute, cuddly sheep? :confused:
We're all lovely people - please come and post - about anything you like!
We're all bound to enter into conversation with you about it... :flower:

philsmove
20th-August-2004, 06:14 PM
It's far too quiet in here for that number of people, whatssa matter...alergic to typing?!?

No

But I am still smarting, from a lambasting, by the web master of another forum, following what I thought was quite a funny post :sick:

Yes I know Frank :worthy: is not like that, but I suspect a few lurkers are just plain scared of how their post is going to be received. May be we need a beginners section were only people with less than 100 posts can post

Sparkles
20th-August-2004, 06:19 PM
Speaking of allergies, do dogs make anyone else sneeze or is it just me ?

It's just you :wink:

Also, I was wondering...I'm thinking of getting a monicle like Patrick Moore, is it fashionable ?

No. But hey, who needs fashionable, right?! :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
20th-August-2004, 06:26 PM
No

But I am still smarting, from a lambasting, by the web master of another forum, following what I thought was quite a funny post :sick:

Yes I know Frank :worthy: is not like that, but I suspect a few lurkers are just plain scared of how their post is going to be received. May be we need a beginners section were only people with less than 100 posts can post
you now have 103 though :) As for this other forums post,we now want to see it so we can judge wether its funny or not :) post away ...if its previously been lambasted at the very least Sheepman will like it :)

Andy McGregor
20th-August-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm thinking of getting a monicle

Is this a typo?

Does DS mean manacle or monocle?

Speacking personally, I'd quite fancy the manacles :devil:

Hevmac
20th-August-2004, 07:58 PM
no...no...no....don't mistake 'shy' for 'scared'!
i'm not scared!....what of you lot? i know you're not scary!
ythose who know me i am not scared of much...well 'cept earwigs and heights!

Tiggerbabe
20th-August-2004, 08:20 PM
well 'cept earwigs
Perfectly reasonable I'd say :wink: Forkie Tailies are evil! :devil: (I'm not scared of them though :whistle: just can't stand the little beggers :eek: )

baldrick
20th-August-2004, 08:56 PM
No

Hey whats the worst that can happen, all I seem to get is ignored :wink:

I try to join in, make some new friends and what happens? The depth of my wit and wisdom ( :what: )get left unexplored. Sad and lonely I seem to be, getting caught skiving of work to get my hourly forum fix( :o ). not so much as one little cutting coment. Not even DS gets in there. :tears:

oops apear to have gone off on one. |Retreats to quiet corner|

DianaS
20th-August-2004, 09:21 PM
Hey whats the worst that can happen, all I seem to get is ignored :wink:

I try to join in, make some new friends and what happens? The depth of my wit and wisdom ( :what: )get left unexplored. Sad and lonely I seem to be, getting caught skiving of work to get my hourly forum fix( :o ). not so much as one little cutting coment. Not even DS gets in there. :tears:

oops apear to have gone off on one. |Retreats to quiet corner|
Hi Baldrick,
How about starting a lonely hearts thread?
We could all write a short description of our selves post it up and see who responds!

Keep it clean though!
D

Lory
21st-August-2004, 02:09 AM
all I seem to get is ignored :wink:

Hi Baldrick :flower: :hug: :D

Andy McGregor
21st-August-2004, 08:46 AM
|Retreats to quiet corner|

Hi baldrick, nice quiet corner you've found here, mind if I join you :waycool:

Lou
21st-August-2004, 08:52 AM
you now have 103 though :) As for this other forums post,we now want to see it so we can judge wether its funny or not :) post away ...if its previously been lambasted at the very least Sheepman will like it :)

Well... I thought it was funny, too, and I agree that John totally overreacted. I suppose that many of us have particular topics that will provoke a more extreme reaction sometimes. Otherwise, how would Gus survive as Official Devil's Advocate? :wink:

baldrick
21st-August-2004, 12:57 PM
Oh wow, people talking to me.
Thanks guys, er

Andy, sure c'mon in,
mind the mess

and the bike,

and the kayak's a bit in the way.

Tea?

Lou
21st-August-2004, 01:00 PM
Tea?
Coffee, black, no sugar, ta.

baldrick
21st-August-2004, 01:08 PM
Coffee, black, no sugar, ta.

:grin:
Hi Lou, kettle on
:cheers:

Andy McGregor
21st-August-2004, 01:21 PM
Tea?

Coffee, white, one sugar, please :flower:

Is that a toaster?

baldrick
21st-August-2004, 01:26 PM
Coffee, white, one sugar, please :flower:

Is that a toaster?

:confused:
Er no, that's the kayak
;)

Dance Demon
21st-August-2004, 01:48 PM
Is that a toaster?

No, It's probably Stuart M trying on his outfit for the BFG,...... :D

Gojive
21st-August-2004, 01:56 PM
Afternoon everyone!. Be gentle with me, I'm still trying to find my way around this place! :blush:

Judging by the posts in this thread, I think I'm gonna like it here! :D .

So come on, spill the beans - who should I trust/avoid/look to dance with?. I like to be forearmed (works well with double trouble :yum: ).

Andy McGregor
21st-August-2004, 03:57 PM
:confused:
Er no, that's the kayak
;)

Then where does the bread go? :confused:

baldrick
21st-August-2004, 04:01 PM
Hi Baldrick,
How about starting a lonely hearts thread?
We could all write a short description of our selves post it up and see who responds!

Keep it clean though!
D

Yea but what would I say, tell the truth and scare everyone off :eek:

Hi Gojive, pull up a chair and put your feet up. Don't worry 'bout the noises, they're looking for cake in the kitchen.

baldrick
21st-August-2004, 07:09 PM
Then where does the bread go? :confused:

I normaly pop in the slot at the back. But it allways seems to come out soggy and smelling of neoprene? :sick:

Daisy
21st-August-2004, 07:16 PM
I normaly pop in the slot at the back. But it allways seems to come out soggy and smelling of neoprene? :sick:

I'm getting really worried about the way this thread is going!!!! :sick: :rolleyes: :whistle:

:rofl:

dannyboy
21st-August-2004, 10:05 PM
neoprene? :sick:

wot's that then :confused:

dannyboy
21st-August-2004, 10:07 PM
found my answer here - http://www.plastiquarian.com/neopr.htm

still none the wiser :mad:

baldrick
21st-August-2004, 10:14 PM
wot's that then :confused:

It the stuff they make wetsuits out of. No water sports enthusiast would be caught dead without the wiff of it somewhere near by. :eek:
Just don't check out cavers, they don't belive in washing kit after use. Can kill cows at 15 paces with a single wetsock :sick:

Lory
21st-August-2004, 10:49 PM
Good Grief! :what: I'm trying very hard, NOT to get a mental picture! :whistle: :rofl:

baldrick
22nd-August-2004, 01:39 AM
Good Grief! :what: I'm trying very hard, NOT to get a mental picture! :whistle: :rofl:

Given that I'm having a paddling holiday the week before the bfg, I'm tempted to offer to show you. I can bring my big blue plastic toy if you like? :D

Lory
22nd-August-2004, 09:55 AM
Given that I'm having a paddling holiday the week before the bfg, I'm tempted to offer to show you. I can bring my big blue plastic toy if you like? :D
Oh please do! :na: If only to set my mind at ease! :D In fact, I think you should change your avitar, then come dressed for ALL to see! :clap: :hug:

baldrick
22nd-August-2004, 07:08 PM
Oh please do! :na: If only to set my mind at ease! :D In fact, I think you should change your avitar, then come dressed for ALL to see! :clap: :hug:

Dressed for paddling? too easy.
Just bring the BBPT? naw silly
Dress as a kayak? now that's a challenge, not sure I'm up to/for it. But here's me n my big blue toy. If you get to the Tummel stop and have a look at the Linn of Tummel. On a Sunday you might even see Kayaks or rafts thowing themselves down it.
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1353&stc=1