PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in Aberdeen

Nick M
20th-August-2004, 01:22 PM
I will be up in Aberdeen in the evenings of Sept 6, 7 and 8, and will be keen to get some dancing in! Where would you recommend? I will be staying out at Dyce without a car, but could easily get the train into town

TheTramp
20th-August-2004, 02:11 PM
I will be up in Aberdeen in the evenings of Sept 6, 7 and 8, and will be keen to get some dancing in! Where would you recommend? I will be staying out at Dyce without a car, but could easily get the train into town
Ummm. On Tuesday, there is dancing at Peterculter, which is just outside Aberdeen to the south west. It maybe a little difficult to get to from Dyce without a car, but maybe a nice Aberdonian might offer some help. It's currently the best attended venue in Aberdeen with usually about 100 people attending. I'm the DJ there.

On Wednesday, there is dancing at Jumpin' Jaks right in the centre of Aberdeen. Much easier for you to go to. It's still in it's infancy as a venue, with less people attending, and the standard of dancing at the moment is lower. Curtain DJ's there.

Lisa will be teaching at both venues - unless Lorna has recovered from having a baby recently ( :flower: ). Both are very good teachers :D

(Monday, there's dancing in Dundee - which Sheena will tell you is the centre of the dancing universe - but maybe that's a little far, especially without a car!!)

Trampy

Nick M
11th-September-2004, 10:55 AM
Very many thanks to Lisa for the introductions, Neil for the lift, and the lovely ladies of Aberdeen for so many excellent dances. Seldom have I enjoyed two nights dancing quite so much!

Nick

Piglet
11th-September-2004, 10:53 PM
Hi Nick,

And I can safely say that we Aberdeen ladies enjoyed dancing with you very much too. Haste ye back!

Pamela :)

Lisa
13th-September-2004, 11:33 AM
Hiya Nick,

It was great to meet you last week. Thanks for the dances. Don't leave it another two years before you visit again! I'm sure you could try and coincide work with one of our monthly parties?!

All the best Lisa x