PDA

View Full Version : Forumite Meeting in Southport

Bardsey
10th-August-2004, 12:31 PM
The forumite meeting at Southport in September will be held On Friday evening (17th) at 8pm.

The venue will be the same, but the name has been changed to "The Latin Quarter" (it was the Dancing Den in March), cos this time it will be open in the evenings from 23:00 to 02:00am for Freestyles to Latin/Salsa music. (That means there will be 3 themed floors for dancing: Jive, Blues & Latin/Salsa).

So, it's a date then? 8pm in the Latin Quarter. I'll be there, armed with my labels for those who have requested one. If you haven't yet, just PM me and I'll put you on my list. I am putting the relevant Avatar on the badge, as well as the name, just for the hell of it!

I'll have some blank labels with me for those who never got round to asking me for a printed one, so I hope everyone will wear one, as last year we had a good few people who just wandered in cos they heard the music, but they weren't forumites and it got so confusing that we forumites ended up missing those we'd hoped to meet!

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Jill :flower:

Yogi_Bear
10th-August-2004, 11:03 PM
Yes, I'd like a badge please! Once again though I won't be there till very late on Friday so will miss the forumite meeting :sad: but will promise to wear a badge sometime during the weekend!
yb

Lynn
10th-August-2004, 11:33 PM
I'll have some blank labels with me for those who never got round to asking me for a printed one, so I hope everyone will wear one, as last year we had a good few people who just wandered in cos they heard the music, but they weren't forumites and it got so confusing that we forumites ended up missing those we'd hoped to meet! Yeah - I didn't know a single person and I kept asking people who they were on the forum and they would say 'what forum?'! It was lovely to meet some forumites and it will be even better with the badges! :grin: Does this mean I will have a badge with Little Miss Naughty on it? :wink:

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Jill :flower: :yeah: :clap:

Bardsey
11th-August-2004, 12:20 PM
Yeah - I didn't know a single person and I kept asking people who they were on the forum and they would say 'what forum?'!

I know, I approached 3 guys who came in together and stood at the bar, asked them what they were called on the Forum and they looked at me blankly, then one said some silly name. I said "you don't know what I'm talking about, do you?" They admitted they didn't, but I got a dance out of them, so all was not lost! :rofl:

Does this mean I will have a badge with Little Miss Naughty on it? :wink:

But of course Lynn! :flower:

Lory
11th-August-2004, 12:28 PM
I vote Bardsey goes round with a loud hailer! 'ey oop, all forum luvvies over ere!' :whistle:

Bardsey
11th-August-2004, 12:28 PM
Yes, I'd like a badge please! Once again though I won't be there till very late on Friday so will miss the forumite meeting :sad: but will promise to wear a badge sometime during the weekend!
yb

The badges are only really for the meeting, but I'll gladly do you one, you never know, it might set a trend for the weekend! Only problem being, then you'd have to find me in the weekend crush :rofl:

Bardsey
11th-August-2004, 12:33 PM
I vote Bardsey goes round with a loud hailer! 'ey oop, all forum luvvies over ere!' :whistle:

:rofl: Hey! Good impersonation of my Yorkshire accent there, Lory! :rofl:

Johnah, if your reading this, can I have a loud hailer please? Oh boy! Could I cause some havoc with one of those! :rofl:

Yogi_Bear
11th-August-2004, 04:42 PM
The badges are only really for the meeting, but I'll gladly do you one, you never know, it might set a trend for the weekend! Only problem being, then you'd have to find me in the weekend crush :rofl:
Thanks a lot - no probs :D